Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

What Motivates You To Worship God??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Motivates You To Worship God??? (13256 Views)

As A Nairalander, What Motivates You To Go To Church? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by SisiKill1: 3:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
4bobo: another Sunday silly question that made front page.very soon we go hear

"do you like using paper Bible , or Bible phone or tablet application or software in the church?"

muumuu moderator, muumuu questions.
that's why Muslim brothers always make serious jest of us. shio!
Being there, done that....where have you been? Lol!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
For his love towards me, protection, faithfulness and most important the air that i breath.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
collins123:

And does worshipping God stops U̶̲̥̅̊ from dying?

By dust U̶̲̥̅̊ were formed and to dust U̶̲̥̅̊ will return!
it doesn't stop me from dying,but thanking for his grace over me.#singing#*i go worship my God,I go shout halleluyah,my God he do am for me oooo*
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by sunkoye: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
I was created just for His praise and worship!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by ikachi1: 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
I worship God because He is worthy to be worshiped. The word "WORTHY" describes everything that needed to be explained.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
NEROSKY:

yes god died buh God didnt
''capital letter''
how gullible human minds are?

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
For his love towards me, protection, faithfulness and most important the air that i breath..
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by packman: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2012
decrox199: there are many gods e.g Allah....but dia's only one almighty which is God!

[size=20pt]GOSH U RE SO DAFT KAI....... WAT IS ALLAH IN ENGLISH......OLODO SO CHINEKE,.....AND OLORUN........OLUWA........ALL NA DIFFERENT GOD U NO GET SENSE AT ALL [/size]

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by packman: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lord Babs: Does god exist?

[size=20pt]I REALLY PITY YOU DAT UR EYES U RE USING TO SEE WUD SOON BLIND AND THE HAND U RE USING FOR TYPING WUD SOON WILDER DEN U WUD KNOW DAT GOD EXIST AND HE CAN TAKE UR DAT PATHETIC LIFE IF U DNT START LEARNING OW TO BREED UR FILTHY GOD FORSAKEN MOUTH[/size]
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by mrrock: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
Cause he is the One and only real God.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by justi4jesu(f): 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
Because without him I,m NOTHING..... BABA YOU 2 MUCH...
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by mofuflex(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
Gods grace is sufficient A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ more than enough motivation !!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by faboben10: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
A lot of souls r in hell pleadn 4 one minute to make thier ways right b4 God, but i thank God 4 every minute i spend and i'll forever worship him no matter worth.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by omiobo: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lord Babs: Does god exist?

God exists but god does not exist.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Lero15(m): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
@op dat write up too long o
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by k2039: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
omiobo:

God exists and god exists.

Psalm 82:6;I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

We humans are gods
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by mekaboy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
I WORSHIP GOD BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS AND NOT WHAT HE HAS DONE OR CAN DO FOR ME.

BECAUSE HE COULD NEVER DO ALL THOSE THINGS IF HE WAS NOT WHO HE IS.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by femmy2010(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2012
HE NEVER FAIL.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Usokristi: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
Because God is love, he is allmighty,alpha and omega when he says yes no body can say no and in him my life is protected just try him and u will see what I mean
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Niseamaka(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
packman:

[size=20pt]I REALLY PITY YOU DAT UR EYES U RE USING TO SEE WUD SOON BLIND AND THE HAND U RE USING FOR TYPING WUD SOON WILDER DEN U WUD KNOW DAT GOD EXIST AND HE CAN TAKE UR DAT PATHETIC LIFE IF U DNT START LEARNING OW TO BREED UR FILTHY GOD FORSAKEN MOUTH[/size]

God does not inflict punishment on those who do not believe in HIM. Some
of the most educated and prosperous folks on earth do not believe in the
existence of God.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by yommyuk: 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
wink shocked

I wasn't expecting this post to reach so many people.

I am glad guys. u made my day.cool
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Tropilo(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
My motivation is Jesus Christ. His awesomeness, faithfulness and friendliness.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Tropilo(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
packman:

Cursing is unGODly.
You would be more effective to him by counselling and praying for him
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
omiobo:

Both exist. (Pslamd.82:5-7)
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
yommyuk: What do you do when no one pats you on the back? You work hard, yet no one seems to notice your effort.
Are you seeking the approval of man in your service?

Matthew 6:1
Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your father in heaven.”

Are you motivated for a position or seeking a high ranking status in order to receive respect from the world? Watch out! The spirit of the Pharisees is at work.

Matthew 23: 5
“Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. ............. “They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called RABBI.

Do you think God owes you something for all the effort and money you have contributed?

1 Chronicles 29:14, 16
“But who am I and my people that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give only what you first gave us! ......................... “O Lord, our God, even this material we have gathered to build a Temple to honour your holy name comes from you! It all belongs to you!

Romans 11:33-36
“Oh how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge. How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For EVERYTHING COMES FROM HIM and exits by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.”

ADVICE
Sometimes, doing the will of God can bring forth persecution, hatred or temporal difficulty and pain. Fret not.

1 Peter 3:13-17
Now who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their THREATS. Instead, you must worship Christ as the Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it............. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. Remember it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong.

WHAT IS REQUIRED

Ecclesiastes 12:13
That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion. Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.

WILL YOUR RIGTHEOUS DEEDS BE IGNORED?

No!!!!!!!

Hebrews 6:9-12
“For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Our great desire is that you will KEEP ON LOVING others as long as life last, in order to make certain that what you hope for will COME TRUE. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the examples of those who are going to INHERIT God’s promises because of their faith and endurance."

WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR MOTIVATION?

Galatians 1:10
“Obviously, I am not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.”

JOB 35: 5-8
“Look up into the sky, and see the clouds high above you. If you sin, how does that affect God? Even if you sin again and again, what effect will it have on him? If you are good, is this some great gift to him? What could you possibly give him? No, your sins affect only people like yourself, and you good deeds also affect only humans.”

DEUT 10:12-13
“And now, Israel, what does the LORD you God require of you? He requires only that you fear the LORD your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul. And you must always obey the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for YOUR OWN GOOD.”

Matthew 22:36-38
“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the Law of Moses?”
Jesus replied. “You MUST LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and your entire mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.

CONCLUSION

Bind your life to the Almighty God, who is your creator that gave you the breath of life. Do his prefect will by worshiping him just because he loved you first and you want to love him back.

For the Lord who hears the prayers of the righteous in secret shall reward US openly IJMN – AMEN!

Keep fighting the good fight of faith.

God bless
wink
yommyuk: What do you do when no one pats you on the back? You work hard, yet no one seems to notice your effort.

Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your father in heaven.”

Are you motivated for a position or seeking a high ranking status in order to receive respect from the world? Watch out! The spirit of the Pharisees is at work.

“Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. ............. “They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called RABBI.

Do you think God owes you something for all the effort and money you have contributed?

“But who am I and my people that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give only what you first gave us! ......................... “O Lord, our God, even this material we have gathered to build a Temple to honour your holy name comes from you! It all belongs to you!

“Oh how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge. How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For EVERYTHING COMES FROM HIM and exits by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.”

ADVICE
Sometimes, doing the will of God can bring forth persecution, hatred or temporal difficulty and pain. Fret not.

Now who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their THREATS. Instead, you must worship Christ as the Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it............. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. Remember it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong.

WHAT IS REQUIRED

That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion. Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.

No!!!!!!!

“For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Our great desire is that you will KEEP ON LOVING others as long as life last, in order to make certain that what you hope for will COME TRUE. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the examples of those who are going to INHERIT God’s promises because of their faith and endurance."

“Obviously, I am not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.”

“Look up into the sky, and see the clouds high above you. If you sin, how does that affect God? Even if you sin again and again, what effect will it have on him? If you are good, is this some great gift to him? What could you possibly give him? No, your sins affect only people like yourself, and you good deeds also affect only humans.”

“And now, Israel, what does the LORD you God require of you? He requires only that you fear the LORD your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul. And you must always obey the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for YOUR OWN GOOD.”

Jesus replied. “You MUST LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and your entire mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.

CONCLUSION

Bind your life to the Almighty God, who is your creator that gave you the breath of life. Do his prefect will by worshiping him just because he loved you first and you want to love him back.

For the Lord who hears the prayers of the righteous in secret shall reward US openly IJMN – AMEN!

God bless
wink

ADVICE

WHAT IS REQUIRED

No!!!!!!!

CONCLUSION

For the Lord who hears the prayers of the righteous in secret shall reward US openly IJMN– AMEN!

God bless
wink
You took time to type this beautiful piece but just couldn't type out IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME!!! Did you run out of ink? I find it rather annoying and lackluster whenever I come across people who claim to be CHRISTians!!! Using abbr like IJN and IJMN or meaningless words like Xtains, Xtanity and Xmas!!

Anyway back to topic i worship God because that's one thing along side praise that He can't do for Himself!!! And with all that God has done for me what else can i give Him that He doesn't already have?

Praise opens Gods ears but you see sincere worship is actually what brings Him to His Feet with arms wide open!! That's why true believers can't never go wrong with pure Praise and Worship to God before Prayers. Shalom!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by dtemidare: 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
He is the reason why i am alive. I worship cos i always want to make him happy and not to offend him with my actions.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by yommyuk: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
NAIRALANDAKPU: You took time to type this beautiful piece but just couldn't type out IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME!!! Did you run out of ink? I find it rather annoying and lackluster whenever I come across people who claim to be CHRISTians!!! Using abbr like IJN and IJMN or meaningless words like Xtains, Xtanity and Xmas!!

Anyway back to topic i worship God because that's one thing along side praise that He can't do for Himself!!! And with all that God has done for me what else can i give Him that He doesn't already have?

Praise opens Gods ears but you see sincere worship is actually what brings Him to His Feet with arms wide open!! That's why true believers can't never go wrong with pure Praise and Worship to God before Prayers. Shalom!!!!

Point taken. Just a habit I copied online.
wink
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by samakro: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
bcs is my creator, and is always protect and guide me frm evil
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by atakiti(m): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
Praise the Lord!!! God will reward us here in the world & even when we return to him in heaven
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Coldfeet(f): 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
NAIRALANDAKPU: You took time to type this beautiful piece but just couldn't type out IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME!!! Did you run out of ink? I find it rather annoying and lackluster whenever I come across people who claim to be CHRISTians!!! Using abbr like IJN and IJMN or meaningless words like Xtains, Xtanity and Xmas!!

Nice one God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation / Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay / My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.