Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,338 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety (15827 Views)

Amaechi Invited For Road Inspection By Rivers PDP / Protesting Drivers Block Okene-abuja Highway After Police Kill Conductor. / Pictures From Lokoja-abuja Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2012
beentarh: It was α̍̍̊ terrible experience frm Ilorin-Abuja yesterday. Apart frm †ђξ bad road/long journey experience, hunger almost killed M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ as there was no where †ø eat. Abuja na no go area Fø̲̣̣я̅ now o!

wher una pass through and how many hours una spend and d condition of the road ?
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2012
strangest: I thought there was a satelite sat 1 that Nigeria launched sometime ago during OBJ's regime that was suppose to be monitoring the earth? What are those guys at Obasanjo Space centre doing? Didn't they foresee the situation? Shouldn't someone be sacked?

the satellite has disappeared/de-orbited.....whatever......Nigeria don use JUJU commot the satellitegringringrin
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Clemzy16(m): 11:19am On Sep 24, 2012
The situation is getting worse by the day. It even affected some local govt here in edo state. It is high time the govt do something really quick. Inorder to avoid stories that touch.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Ochek: 11:21am On Sep 24, 2012
bunmayo123: how long is the journey?
With the state of the road? You need not less than 6hrs to get to Makurdi
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by skykid86: 11:26am On Sep 24, 2012
And am planning 2 go 2 abuja on friday, chaii
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by stagger: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2012
donroxy:

wher una pass through and how many hours una spend and d condition of the road ?
I believe that road goes through Jeba and Bida: very bad road.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Ochek: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2012
donroxy:

Una eh! That road na super bad road o! And them say na FG rd. You can imagine federal road pass number 3 man of the nation and its nothing to write about. Whalahi c how ppl been just the curse and swear swear for the man join.
Just budget nothing less than 6hr from Okene (kogi state) to Makurdi (Benue state capital). Then to abuja you got 3 hrs
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by BlueMurder(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2012
double08: Left for abuja from Benin city yesterday and it took us approximately 14hrs(10.00am sunday to 2.30am monday) to get to abuja via markudi/lafia route and the road from Markudi to Keffi through Akatanga is a death trap because the numerous sharp bends will and surely claim lives when it gets busy.

Thank God for a safe trip. Will have to book a flight when am done with what I came to do here.

You should pray for normal air services to resume soon, otherwise you have a longer sojourn in Abuja staring you in the face. I passed through the flood at Lokoja on Friday, on my way to Benin City from Zaria. The experience is not something one would wish for anyone. Indeed, i was forced to spend the night in Lokoja and resume the journey on Saturday, only to run into another gridlock between Auchi and Ekpoma caused by multiple accidents involving tankers and articulated trucks!
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by lycaninc: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2012
please i am travelling from crossriver,ogoja precisely and my final destination is ilorin. the two routes i can plight is makurdi to ilorin or abuja to ilorin. i have to be in ilorin by friday. please advice on what to do,im thinking its a must the buses pass through lokoja. pls i need your opinions
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by juman(m): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2012
stagger:

It is Akwanga and not Akatanga. And please tell us the state of the road: are they potholes or car swallowing gullies on that road?

The road is too narrow and up on the hill. If there is any accident or bad mistake by the driver, probably that would be the end. This is a country with no direction.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Ochek: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2012
lycaninc: please i am travelling from crossriver,ogoja precisely and my final destination is ilorin. the two routes i can plight is makurdi to ilorin or abuja to ilorin. i have to be in ilorin by friday. please advice on what to do,im thinking its a must the buses pass through lokoja. pls i need your opinions
Just hit the Makurdi rd.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by juman(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2012
BeraBera: They released a statement that people traveling from Abuja should go thorough Makurdi, Lafia

That's death sentence.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by tunde300us(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2012
Makurdi was hit by this flood too,the worse of the roads in benue state is the one that passes and lead to the number 3 man area (otukpo) its not fit for animals and yet that is the place they are proposing as the capital of their proposed APA state.The area is all mud and no visible sign of govt atall.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by tunapar(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2012
Abuja is a no go place by road now o. Imagine, driving from okenne to abuja takes nothing less than 8hrs.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by youngies(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2012
If you are travelling from the East to Abuja and vice-versa, your best route is Makurdi-Oturkpo-Lafia road. The road is in a bad shape, but if you are using an SUV you may not feel it. But if you are using a salon car, pray tell. . . it is better than floating on water
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by tunapar(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2012
@ochEk, guy if u av d money, take flight from calabar to lagos or ibadan(if ur journey is a matter of urgency) then board a bus going to ilorin cos I don't think there is any airline than plights calabar-ilorin route. Goodluck
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by talktrue1(m): 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
Since Nigeria cannot develop without any disaster,
Maybe God wants to see if our leaders can change under natural disaster

1 Like

Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Revolva(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
I was in lokoja end of august and I am lucky I no jam this disaster while I was there I for saw that the river niger level was high and I knew sometin like dis would happen - the government should try and fixz the major federal interstate roads +++ and also see a soultion to this river niger wahala - abi the god of the sea dey vex for naija
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by lycaninc: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
pls i am travelling to ilorin from ogoja,crossriver state. i usually take transport to makurdi and then i take ilorin straight but they always paa through kogi. pls what do i do since this flood thing in now serious. and the alternative is from abuja to ilorin and i heard its worse. pls advice on wat to do
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by mfolarin(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
Pictures I took on my last trip to Lokoja last Thursday/Friday....

Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by elampiro(m): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
It looks like the River Niger is separating the North from the South. Lol
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by mkmyers45(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
double08: Left for abuja from Benin city yesterday and it took us approximately 14hrs(10.00am sunday to 2.30am monday) to get to abuja via markudi/lafia route and the road from Markudi to Keffi through Akwanga is a death trap because the numerous sharp bends will and surely claim lives when it gets busy.

Thank God for a safe trip. Will have to book a flight when am done with what I came to do here.

The road is not very bad....no much potholes, it just has dangerous bends...The Abuja to markudi lap should not take more than 4 hours if you know the road...
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by stagger: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
tunapar: @ochEk, guy if u av d money, take flight from calabar to lagos or ibadan(if ur journey is a matter of urgency) then board a bus going to ilorin cos I don't think there is any airline than plights calabar-ilorin route. Goodluck

On point. Take a flight from Calabar to Lagos, then hit Lagos - Ibadan - Ilorin. Your best bet if you want avoid doing a Paris-Dakar rally here in Naija.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
taharqa: How would the govt have held the river from overflowing in the face of an unprecedented level of rains this year? Maybe they cud have appeased the goddess of the river, no? 'The flooding didnt happen overnight and shld hv been prevented' .well you may be right- it was a well planned move(collaboration) by the govt and that powerful goddess of the river, in order to 'punish' the ppl of that area(it is certainly a possibility dese days)...*i laugh* at d way sm ppl reason
you must be vry high on ganga! Didn't geography teach u about preventive measures against overfloodin in coastal areas by using water breakers & barriers Wast'd education.u ignoranc is ur mountain
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by hardbody: 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
skykid86: And am planning 2 go 2 abuja on friday, chaii

You forbid fly?
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by hardbody: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
mfolarin: Pictures I took on my last trip to Lokoja last Thursday/Friday....

You use night bus?
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by sycamore(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mehn!! I don't want it to b a situation of 'had I known'.....But thank God for journey Mercies... My trip from Lagos to Abuja was about 17hours.... Left Lagos on Sunday 10am, got to abuja via Bida-Minna, Niger State 3:35am Monday morning.... No work for me today...
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by baabiija: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
billante: All those shouting govt shld do something,they should pump out the water...pump out d water go where? How u go pump an ocean of water! Do u guys even listen to urselve b4 u type.

It is a natural disaster for crying out loud! The best dat can be done is to close d road direct traffic to alternative route,evcuate people from there and wait for the water to recede!
dat's d best solution.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by DANILSA(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
binger: that is gonna be a hek of a long,tedious journey 4 commuters and travellers.lyk som1 said,this didn't happn overnight and shud hav been preventd...what a govt!
pls OBAMA what could they have done? you just sit at the comfort of your system and type thrash.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by double08(m): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
Guess we did not see the famous holes and gullies @ akwanga because we passed through it @ abt 12.00am and it was quite dark. From Markudi to Abuja is roughly 4-5 hours drive when the road is not quite busy.
Re: FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety by dafman10(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
Where is Musiwa? Dint ur satellite pishur capturing device capture all dis and warn us in advance? Abi na only breakup u sabi capture? Well d Niger river is alrdy helping us to split d country lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kemi Nelson Attacks Jumoke Okoya-Thomas With Thugs At APC Secretariat / Biafra: Lawyer Seeks Prosecution Of Sen Abaribe, Fani-kayode, Others / Tinubu Meets With Northern Alliance Committee Members (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.