Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders (4367 Views)

Ndigbo Must Unite To Build New Nigeria – Ogbonnaya Onu / Why Ndigbo Must Have A Re-think / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
Think Statistics bro . . . SE leaders could be the Sample here depending on who the OP really is, and Good Leadership is the Event. . . lol . . . nuttin personal about it.
OP writes that Igbos must look to the N and SW for leadership. That statement means the leaders in the N and SW are better, since one only looks to better (superior) things

Is there any evidence that the leaders in the N and SW are better than the leaders in the SE? Or are you guys comparing the Gov of Enugu with that of Imo (Igbo vs Igbo)?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
Antivirus92: N[b]du chucks you're not igbo [/b]and will never be, please get ur gworo hand off anything igbo please. We love ur concern but biko hold it back.

He is a northerner
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

He is a northern bigot

Fixed! cool
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

Fixed! cool

Is there a word stronger than bigot? A stronger word than bigot is what he should be described in.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

Again compared to who? SW leaders or Northern leaders? Certainly there MUST be a basis for comparison. right?
Some SE leaders compared to the rest in a bid to strike that common denominator the relatively performing ones have.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
Some SE leaders compared to the rest in a bid to strike that denominator common the relatively performing ones have.

What rest?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

olodo, I am talking about Igbo people born and bred in the North. Stop trying to change my topic. Go and open your own thread if you want to examine issues affecting the Northern region.
truth is bitter.
The dude simple made an objective point in contrast to the nonsense you posted. Then,left with trash upstairs you resorted to abusive words.
Get a life,and stop hating!
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
Some SE leaders compared to the rest in a bid to strike that common denominator the relatively performing ones have.

lol. Silly! grin grin

The only none performing SE governors are Elechi, and Orji. I doubt if Chime, and Peter Obi fit into this 'Northern' breed Igbo leadership crap. That leaves out Rochas, It is incumbent upon you and the Op, that Rochas zeal is due to some 'elusive' traits he picked up in the North, when zealousness and passion abound in the SE.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

What rest?
Those who have stayed in North, West or Abroad for substantial amount of time and have been influenced by their positive values!
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
alex_101: I'll advise sensible Igbos to ignore this thread and let it die a well deserved natural death cool. There is no need in paying mind to mallam ndu chuks whose region and people of the north are eternally confined to walls of failure.

BTW, I look forward to the moderators that will soon put this crap in the front page, since it contains Igbo in it, for it seems without Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu, this site will be as worthless as the dungeon called nigeria cool.

IN ORDER TO GAIN "15min" NOTOREITY ON NAIRALAND, DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWINGS:

1. Start an Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu thread.
2. Post lies about Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu in every Igbo thread.

Do any of the above, and watch yourself become famous courtesy of Igbo/Biafra/Ojukwu.

"AKA IKENGA; THE MAGIC OF BEING IGBO/BIAFRAN"

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
I see that dullards such as PointB and others have resorted to ad hominem attacks on ndu_chucks instead of addressing the issues raised. These dullards remind me this saying by our people "Okuko na-arogoro ite onu, chetekwe mma gburu ya" meaning (The chicken frowns at the cooking pot, ignoring the knife that killed (is killing) it). mumus
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: I see that dullards such as PointB and others have resorted to ad hominem attacks on ndu_chucks instead of addressing the issues raised. These dullards remind me this saying by our people "Okuko na-arogoro ite onu, chetekwe mma gburu ya" meaning (The chicken frowns at the cooking pot, ignoring the knife that killed (is killing) it). mumus

Olodo,
You open up the yansh of your Northern elders for us to throw darts. Why blame the players, rather than the game. Is it our fault that commonsense didn't tell you that 'he who bring home ant infested woods, invites lizards?

You open a thread to denigrate Igbo leadership, alas it turns out that North has no note worthy leader. How ironic!
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: Those who have stayed in North, West or Abroad for substantial amount of time and have been influenced by their positive values!

I am sure same can be said for Yorubas who have stayed in the East, North and abroad and Northerners who have stayed elsewhere. No doubt traveling makes one a better person and that is not limited to Igbos alone.

So what did Tinubu and the rest of the Yoruba leaders whom I know lived outside Yoruba land learn and deployed for the development of Yorubaland that makes SW better than SE. Same question to Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by redsun(m): 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: I see that dullards such as PointB and others have resorted to ad hominem attacks on ndu_chucks instead of addressing the issues raised. These dullards remind me this saying by our people "Okuko na-arogoro ite onu, chetekwe mma gburu ya" meaning (The chicken frowns at the cooking pot, ignoring the knife that killed (is killing) it. mumus

Your boneheadedness knows no bound,for you to think that there are leaders in present nigeria that are worth following.What makes you think the country is in ruins if they were examplary leaders?

You should hide your face in shame for washing your dirty linens in public and still in your warped mind think of yourself as rational.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

lol. Silly! grin grin

The only none performing SE governors are Elechi, and Orji. I doubt if Chime, and Peter Obi fit into this 'Northern' breed Igbo leadership crap. That leaves out Rochas, It is incumbent upon you and the Op, that Rochas zeal is due to some 'elusive' traits he picked up in the North, when zealousness and passion abound in the SE.
Before now Ojukwu and Rochas were the Stand out leaders oh . . .
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by PointB: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:

Ojukwu for his role in the civil war mainly.
Rochas is just a new kid on the block. I bet you know little of nothing about Igbo leadership.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:

You are ignorant:
Gov Sam Mbakwe and Jim Nwobodo of Imo and Anambra states (Shagari regime) performed very well to the extent that they established the first and second state-owned universities in Nigeria

Imo Airport built by Mbakwe is also the first state-built airport in Nigeria

You are better of eating amala and oily-ewedu than spewing such crass ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

You are ignorant:
Gov Sam Mbakwe and Jim Nwobodo of Imo and Anambra states (Shagari regime) performed very well to the extent that they established the first and second state-owned universities in Nigeria

Imo Airport built by Mbakwe is also the first state-built airport in Nigeria

You are better of eating amala and oily-ewedu than spewing such crass ignorance.
I am not an Igbo leader bros . . . You can derail the thread if you want to and get personal with me . . . In the end it does not change the harsh reality on ground.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
I am not an Igbo leader bros . . . You can derail the thread if you want to and get personal with me . . . In the end it does not change the harsh reality on ground.

If you will accept your ignorance on this topic, the world will be a better place.

And BTW, traveling out means the traveler imbibes both the good and bad attributes of the host community. I see you acting unthinkingly again in your penultimate post.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by UdekeJ(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
Old boy! Which one be ur own na? Get ur facts right! U sound like a (my mama say material) how deer u cast aspersions on the original (nwafo)? Old boy! Which one be ur own na? Get ur facts right! U sound like a (my mama say material) how deer u cast aspersions on the original (nwafo)?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Crayola1: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:

That you are a complete buffoon We knew that already wink

Point to me in Nigeria anywhere that is functioning properly and I'll show you a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you grin

Are there secret lands of milk and honey in Nigeria that you know of? That boast of good governance, good public services, and the like?
Oh are you going to quote me the mediocre crew of folks that do the bare minimum, which is a lot in Nigeria?

At a certain stage Nigeria better start importing leaders because its clear that politicians in power have no clue.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
The attack on my person deepens after some unbearable silence . . . It took him some time to come up with his weak aarse reply and when the reply did come, i could easily tell what he was going through . . . Mental torture.
Again, the thread seeks to exploit the common traits of the relatively performing leaders of the South East in a bid to harness more Good Leaders for that region. SE is not a tribe and should not be treated as the opposite of any tribe . . . . Getting personal will only expose you more.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

If you will accept your ignorance on this topic, the world will be a better place.

And BTW, traveling out means the[b] traveler imbibes both the good and bad attributes of the host community. [/b] I see you acting unthinkingly again in your penultimate post.
So what happens when the host community of the traveller is always churning out reformed visitors ? . . . Wouldn't it be more fair to say the positives of the host community out weighs its negatives? Hmmm?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by asha80(m): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: The attack on my person deepens after some unbearable silence . . . It took him some time to come up with his weak aarse reply and when the reply did come, i could easily tell what he was going through . . . Mental torture.
Again, the thread seeks to exploit the common traits of the relatively performing leaders of the South East in a bid to harness more Good Leaders for that region. SE is not a tribe and should not be treated as the opposite of any tribe . . . . Getting personal will only expose you more.

and the usual 'igbo thread' troll reels out the usual ignorance again.

he said rochas and ojukwu till now and you wonder whether dee sam mbakwe and m.i.okpara never existed cry

pure unadulterated ignorance.

as for nduchuks if you know the level of deprivation and abject poverty your leaders up north have inflicted on the talakwas up north you would be more worried on how to castrate former(except ahmadu bello) and existing northern leaders grin

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by asha80(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
So what happens when the host community of the traveller is always churning out reformed visitors ? . . . Wouldn't it be more fair to say the positives of the host community out weighs its negatives? Hmmm?

ermm.. you do not give what you do not have.if an environment is churning out so called reformed people nay leaders then it would simply defy logic if the indigenes of that community on getting to leadership do not show the same traits.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
asha 80:

and the usual 'igbo thread' troll reels out the usual ignorance again.

he said rochas and ojukwu till now and you wonder whether dee sam mbakwe and m.i.okpara never existed cry

pure unadulterated ignorance.

as for nduchuks if you know the level of deprivation and abject poverty your leaders up north have inflicted on the talakwas up north you would be more worried on how to castrate former(except ahmadu bello) and existing northern leaders grin
how come Igbos on NL never acknowledge those other guys you 've suddenly remember now? Before now it used to be Rochas and Ojukwu. . . How come the sudden U-Turn in who and who is a past heroes or outsanding Leader? . . . What about Kaduna . . . the triger-happy one?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Dede1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
@ndu_chucks

It is good you have voiced out one of the reasons you seem to shake uncontrollably at mere mention of disintegration of Nigeria. Anybody who had links to northern or western region of Nigeria and happens to appear in leadership position in Igbo land has been a source of failure baring none.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by asha80(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
how come Igbos on NL never acknowledge those other guys you 've suddenly remember now? Before now it used to Rochas and Ojukwu. . . How come the sudden U-Turn in who and who is a past heroes or outsanding Leader

and you see the reason i call you ignorant?so they should be shouting dee sam amd okpara up and down like their lives depended on it right?maybe if had an open mind you probably would have seen their name in passing in some threads.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
Dede1: @ndu_chucks

It is good you have voiced out one of the reasons you seem to shake uncontrollably at mere mention of disintegration of Nigeria. Anybody who had links to northern or western region of Nigeria and happens to appear in leadership position in Igbo land has been a source of failure baring none.

One would have to believe that your revered Nzeogwu Chukwuma was one such source of failure. That is, if you don't start denying that he was Igbo.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
asha 80:

maybe if had an open mind you probably would have seen their name in passing in some threads.
The Remix of Reality ! ! ! . . . . . . . . . . . . Gbagaun!
Maybe . . . . Maybe not
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by asha80(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
The Remix of Reality ! ! ! . . . . . . . . . . . . Gbagaun!
Maybe . . . . Maybe not

when substance is lost desperation brings about clutching at straws sad grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Channels Discontinue live Broadcast Of Amaechi's Birthday Lecture / United Nation Clears Biafran's Representative / BREAKING: NDDC Board Dissolved...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.