Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders (4368 Views)

Ndigbo Must Unite To Build New Nigeria – Ogbonnaya Onu / Why Ndigbo Must Have A Re-think / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Dede1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

One would have to believe that your revered Nzeogwu Chukwuma was one such source of failure. That is, if you don't start denying that he is Igbo.

My people say “uneasy rests the head that wears the crown”. You are the dogged exponent of northern and western regional leadership excellence and I guess you can tell if Chukwuma Nzeogwu falls into your silly parameter of such leadership excellence.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by OneNaira6: 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
There is really no need to argue this with ndu_chucks

These three comments alone spoke volume in which he cannot deny nor try to avoid

bayooooooo: Ndu_chucks,
Your post does not make sense. If North raise great leaders as your post seems to suggest, why is the region lagging behind others today? There are capable hands born and bred in each region. Stop this nonsense.

Germannig: Ndu Chuks (hausa man)

Your opinion is premised on the assumption that the north confers some kind of superior intelligence or something to that effect on Igbos living in the North
If that is true, how come only Igbos living in the North, none of whom has lived there for more than 100 years, acquire such a trait?
How did this wonderful, newly-discovered trait elude the natives of the North who have lived there since eon, to the extent that they remain the most backward, decrepit, impoverished, diseased and underdeveloped humans on earth?

PointB: So how do we approach this advise by my aboki?

Should we start by reminding him that if indeed the North breed good leaders as he imply, Nigeria will not have 10 million almajiri peddling bombs at N7,000 per explosion? Should will remind Ndu_chucks, that eradicating polio is not rocket science, as the wise leaders of the North make it appears? So the Igbo's are not politically savvy? Does that explain why the Northern leaders are angling to lead Nigeria in 2015, meanwhile, they are not paying strict attention to the monsters growing around them, readying to consume them should they fail in the simple task?

Igbo leader are promising Igbo Biafra, pray what are Northern leaders promising their followers? 72 virgins? Grazing reserved? Niger Delta oil money?

Guy, we can go on and on, but between the politically unsavvy Igbo leadership who boast arguably the most educated, many brilliant minds in various fields of endeavour who are most enterprising population in Nigeria, and the politically savvy Northern leadership, whose leadership industries churns out millions almajiris and bomb clutching 'Isha allah fatalists' and terrorists, I would enthuse - give me the former!

The question is to Ndu_chucks and the other guy, if Igbo lacks so much political prowness, how come the region they preside is above yours? How come the ones with political prowness ruled Nigeria for eons and yet the nation is one of the most backward nation in the world?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Antivirus92(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
I am not an Igbo leader bros . . . You can derail the thread if you want to and get personal with me . . . In the end it does not change the harsh reality on ground.
this sheyguy is not even an igbo man self. I see it in his posts.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
Dede1:

My people say “uneasy rests the head that wears the crown”. You are the dogged exponent of northern and western regional leadership excellence and I guess you can tell if Chukwuma Nzeogwu falls into your silly parameter of such leadership excellence.

I'm not interested in playing dodge with you, so biko tell us without any fear of other Igbo NLers whether Nzeogwu was one of your outstanding leaders. It is also OK to reject him right now. I trust you are still fearless.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
One_Naira: There is really no need to argue this with ndu_chucks

These three comments alone spoke volume in which he cannot deny nor try to avoid

The question is to Ndu_chucks and the other guy, if Igbo lacks so much political prowness, how come the region they preside is above yours? How come the ones with political prowness ruled Nigeria for eons and yet the nation is one of the most backward nation in the world?

Go and open a separate thread to discuss the questions you are asking. The focus of this thread is alaigbo, ndiigbo , and their leaders. Abi you get attention deficit disorder ni?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
What kind of a man believes one thing in the morning and another in the afternoon to suite his selfishness, and the changes principles at night?
Ojukwu, Kaduna and Rochas at least are heroes, what do they share in common? . . . . Any historian in the house.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by OneNaira6: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Go and open a separate thread to discuss the questions you are asking. The focus of this thread is alaigbo, ndiigbo , and their leaders. Abi you get attention deficit disorder ni?

No the topic defeated your stup1d and far from the reality analogy. The truth is bitter they say
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Antivirus92(m): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: What kind of a man believe one thing in the morning and another in the afternoon to suite his selfishness and the changes principles at night? Ojukwu, Kaduna and Rochas at least are heroes what do they share in common? . . . . Any historian in the house.
so because they were born in the north made them great? What a human being! If ur brain na memory card na 0.0002kb e 4 be, i swear.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy:
So what happens when the host community of the traveller is always churning out reformed visitors ? . . . Wouldn't it be more fair to say the positives of the host community out weighs its negatives? Hmmm?

Where on earth does that happen? May be in planet Mars.
Did you not learn that clifford Orji, the Igbo man who was arrested for cannibalism in Lagos lived in Lagos and learned cannibalism from Lagosians? Is gbomogbomo new to you? Give me a break. grin grin
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
asha 80:

ermm.. you do not give what you do not have.if an environment is churning out so called reformed people nay leaders then it would simply defy logic if the indigenes of that community on getting to leadership do not show the same traits.

That sums it up. The North and SW cannot be good only for Igbos and not good for the indigenes.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Using a weak analogy to reply me after a prolonged silence tells it all. . . .
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Antivirus92(m): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
sheyguy: Using a weak analogy to reply me after a prolonged silence tells it all. . . .
because ur brain cannot contain strong analogy.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Antivirus92: because ur brain cannot contain strong analogy.

He is a Yoruba; they and northerners think shallow.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by bashr8: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
no matter where an igbo man is born, raised or reside he will turn out great even greater than the indegens if outside igboland , however our best brains are still those born and raised in the east, the akanu ibiam , jim nwobodo, sam mabkwe, sullivan chime, dora akunyeli, soludo chimamanda adichie , chinua achebe , ibeto, innoson ,izuogu ,emeka anyaoku, okonjoniwealla, aneto okonkwo , nollywood pioneers who started with nothing and made it the world 2nd largets movie indusrty .

the list is endless, no region can boast of churning out quality people more than the south east , anambra state alone can take on the whole 3 norhtern regions who are still thousands of years behind in terms of human and capital developement and the little they have is now being destroyed by their start ignorance and illiteracy , if you ask me the north have no leadershipto start with while virtually all the leaders in the south west are ex convicts or have been arrested for corruption at one point or the other .

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by asha80(m): 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
Germannig:

He is a Yoruba; they and northerners think shallow.

he is not.he is from the south south but born in lagos.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
asha 80:

More like Ishekiri (sp?), Youba cousins
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by OneNaira6: 12:16am On Sep 25, 2012
asha 80:

Actually no he is not. He is yoruba. Probably reside in ND

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 12:38am On Sep 25, 2012
Dede1:

LOL, Ndu_chucks suffers from what I call ACUTE DEVIOUS UNSCRUPULOUS SELECTIVE AMNESIAC SYNDROME (ADUSAS) Hausa.

@Ndu_chucks,

Would you at least add the great Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (the one and only Nigerian revolutionary) to your list?

I'm patiently waiting for the "correction".
"Na gode" in advance. wink
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Does region play that much of a factor? I, personally, don't think so. I do have an inclination towards people who are well-traveled as they tend to be more open-minded, but as to where someone was raised? Na.

There may be great Igbos in the north, west, and south. There may be Igbos in those regions that aren't so great. I don't like boasting about one state being better than others because, at the end of the day, we're all from Nigeria. I don't need to speak on that any further.

As for "finding" a great Igbo leader, or a great leader from any region or tribe, it will take the support of everyday Nigerians. Many of them don't find their ways to office because of one of Nigeria's biggest issues: corruption. When Nigeria is free of corruption, great leaders will emerge. Leaders of tomorrow won't be able to do it on their own. They need support from constituents in terms of being proactive and informing others. Our current leaders get away with their crimes as we don't hold them accountable. Imagine rogues being successful amongst an army of Nigerians demanding change. I can't see that happening.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 1:48am On Sep 25, 2012
Onlytruth:

@Ndu_chucks,

Would you at least add the great Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (the one and only Nigerian revolutionary) to your list?

With your statement that Nzeogwu is one of your heros and leaders, you are contradicting Dede1 who stated that "anybody who had links to northern or western region of Nigeria and happens to appear in leadership position in Igbo land has been a source of failure baring none". I don't believe you want to go that route.

The current crop of Igbo leaders have failed miserably and future leaders must come from the areas stated, including diaspora if we hope for any kind of improvement. I think ogugua88 gets it.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: I will make this post very simple and straight to the point. I am more than disappointed by the inept leadership which continues to emanate from the South East. The leaders, are nothing but a bunch of narrow minded rougues who thrive on keeping their people down with the promise of a biafra in the future.

This Igbo leaders have no true political skills or foresight. ka ma foro gun, the only Igbo people that can lead our people out of the mess are those who were born in the North or West, or those who have lived in these places for at least a decade.

If you don't believe me, let me point out that the most revered Igbo leader, Ikemba himself, was a Northerner at heart. Most will agree that Okorocha is turning out to be the best governor to ever rule in ala Igbo. Why, well, Okorocha spent most of his adult lie outside of Igbo land in Jos.

All is not lost, successful Igbo people whose foundation is in the North and elsewhere are beginning to move back to the East and Insha Allah, they'll take control and drive the Okija worshiping goons out of the region.

Just like your very own Obasanjo, the most northernised yorrober was the greatest gift in leadership that the yorrober nation could offer nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 6:56am On Sep 25, 2012
Onlytruth:

LOL, Ndu_chucks suffers from what I call ACUTE DEVIOUS UNSCRUPULOUS SELECTIVE AMNESIAC SYNDROME (ADUSAS) Hausa.

@Ndu_chucks,

Some time back we had a thread for Nzeogwu and he was hailed by Igbos on Nl as even greater than all other igbomen, so don't blame others when they assume him as one of your heroes . . . . If not the greatest.
I see the 'goal post' being shift every minute by our SE followers in a bid to avoid those they have come to love hating over time . . .
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by revolt(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2012
The greatest igbo leaser is dr sam mbakwe not rochas n he ddnt grow up north!! The worst igbo leader achike udenwa was groomed outside the east
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by sheyguy: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
On a second and closer look at the thread i realized how weak the attempt to spin it into a SouthWest vs SouthEast affair is . . .
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by ektbear: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
this ndu_chucks fellow is obsessed with igbo sha

why are you so concerned about who they choose as leaders? What business is it of yours?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Katsumoto: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
Regardless of region, all regions are lacking in truly self-less leaders. The truly self-less leaders in Nigeria like Amino Kano, Sam Mbakwe did not get the chance to lead their regions.

But I think the point Ndu_Chucks was trying to make was that Igbo leaders raised outside Alaigbo may be better leaders not because they learned good leadership qualities in other regions but perhaps exposure to other cultures and ways of life makes one a better leader and citizen. Surely, that will apply to all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Katsumoto: Regardless of region, all regions are lacking in truly self-less leaders. The truly self-less leaders in Nigeria like Amino Kano, Sam Mbakwe did not get the chance to lead their regions.

But I think the point Ndu_Chucks was trying to make was that Igbo leaders raised outside Alaigbo may be better leaders not because they learned good leadership qualities in other regions but perhaps exposure to other cultures and ways of life makes one a better leader and citizen. Surely, that will apply to all Nigerians.

Thank you for your objectivity which is devoid of tribalism and bigotry. This is why you are one of the most respected NLers after ndu_chucks.

ekt_bear: this ndu_chucks fellow is obsessed with igbo sha

why are you so concerned about who they choose as leaders? What business is it of yours?

In case you missed it, I have the blood of all three major tribes in Nigeria flowing in me and I have a vested interest in the well being of ala Igbo and Ndigbo. I am particularly concerned about the damage being done to incoming generations of Ndigbo because of the leadership problem of Igbo leaders. This is not an obsession but genuine concern.

For the people who are quick to point their fingers Northwards and complain about the bad leaders in the North, I offer you two words to describe the repercusions of the said bad leadership - Boko Haram. Since these leaders do not want to learn, they are being forced to behave by Boko Haram.

Hopefully the BH movement/members will give up their weapons and criminal acts, and become a true political force. Our so called leaders nation wide are getting away with more than murder and robbing us completely blind without any negative repercussions.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Katsumoto: Regardless of region, all regions are lacking in truly self-less leaders. The truly self-less leaders in Nigeria like Amino Kano, Sam Mbakwe did not get the chance to lead their regions.

If it applies to every region like I already have concluded by my previous post, would it not be bigotry for the OP to make it an Igbo problem?
How can the North and West be the example that the East should follow when they have not set any example of leadership that's worth being followed?

Can anyone give me one example of excellent leadership that the Igbo should copy from the North and SW?
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2012

Shouldn't this also apply to other NIgerians too??
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by Germannig: 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Thank you for your objectivity which is devoid of tribalism and bigotry. This is why you are one of the most respected NLers after ndu_chucks.

Did you read where he alluded, and rightly, that no region has leadership worthy of emulation? You are so, so simple (there is no complexity in you), which makes you a basal human being.
Re: Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders by nduchucks: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
Germannig:

If it applies to every region like I already have concluded by my previous post, would it not be bigotry for the OP to make it an Igbo problem?
How can the North and West be the example that the East should follow when they have not set any example of leadership?

Can anyone give me one example of excellent leadership that the Igbo should copy from the North and SW?

nwanne m, for once, leave tribalism and bigotry behind and read what I wrote and Katsumoto's read of my initial post. As well summarised for you, the point is that Igbo leaders raised outside Alaigbo are indeed better leaders not because they learned good leadership qualities in other regions but partly because of exposure to other cultures and ways of life makes one a better leader and citizen.

I am now convinnced that the Igbo babe called ogugua88 is smarter that you cone heads - heads filled with akamu kawai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Has Killed 3000 - Ihejirika / Meet The Five Nigeria Ex-Presidents Who Died While In Office / Amotekun : Yoruba's Remain The Most Primitive People In Nigeria - Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.