Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? (10631 Views)

Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / Uniform Men Brutality On Civilians(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Maxwell86(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
ismhab: But why did boko haram officers pay for the transport fare.

STILL TRYING TO FIND THE JOKE IN THIS POST

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by sunkoye: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
angryits very unfortunate that such exit in the name of Armed/staff personnel .research shows that the level of powers/pity arrogated to the armed personnels encourages their madness on duty. imagine a police officer that believe he/she is above the law and was now allowed to roam the street of lagos free...that spell calamity in full!! The dull reason why many Lagos driver are always eager to absolve them as it’s like a semi ticket to reckless driving and law breaking as well. it is highly immoral to get such gift due to the nature of their job function. This must stop immediately.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Private securities & corp members now claim staffs too, can u imagine?!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
Staff grin
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by mrperfect(m): 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Is common in Lagos. They help them to avoid paying Agboro on the road.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ldpele(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
my pal frm lag dat visited phc was surprised when uniform men were payn fares n wen i askd him if they dnt @lagos,he shouted 'no na,they b staff'and i wonderd bouh it
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ldpele(m): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
sunkoye: angryits very unfortunate that such exit in the name of Armed/staff personnel .research shows that the level of powers/pity arrogated to the armed personnels encourages their madness on duty. imagine a police officer that believe he/she is above the law and was now allowed to roam the street of lagos free...that spell calamity in full!! The dull reason why many Lagos driver are always eager to absolve them as it’s like a semi ticket to reckless driving and law breaking as well. it is highly immoral to get such gift due to the nature of their job function. This must stop immediately.

corps ke na wa ooo,lagos 2mch jor if u no get....oorrrr
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nigerians sha!! So una no get respect for Officer?! When in places like america, if a service man walks into an aircraft and their is space in business class, they immediately relocate him especially if he has a 'Medal of Honor'.. Naija own na to dey beef them because of 50 Naira transport.. No wonder them dey beat una like criminal anytime wey una fhuck up..
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Okija_juju: Nigerians sha!! So una no get respect for Officer?! When in places like america, if a service walks into an aircraft and their is space in business class, they immediately relocate him especially if he has a 'Medal of Honor'.. Naija own na to dey beef them because of 50 Naira transport.. No wonder them dey beat una like criminal anytime wey una fhuck up..
You're right...i know that in places like America, children of men in the force are given priority when applying for admission. In general, they're respected in that part of the world.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by frankville2001: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
Na only lagos oooo, dem dy show dia power 2 much 4 here, make dem enta north wtout paying, abokis no dy smile oooo.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by omenka(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ndukwejoe(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Staff
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Streetrep: 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
Adanyebe: :oU de craze u wan ask soja for money insyd motor? undecided undecided
na onlý lagos u fit talk these one.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by mercurie(f): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
Pergrace: If they are not armed,then the bus conductor should demand for their money oh angry....but if they are armed,abeg your family need you for house. cheesy
Lol.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
acidosis™:
I think this happens only in Lagos
I dnt tnk so. I v seen it happen n Ibadan, Ondo & Portharcourt.
Those uniform men r jst abusing dr offices. & d most annoying 1 s dat sum bus conductors/owners or taxi drivers deliberately wnt collect t-fare 4rm dem inoda 2 rcv favor wen dy commit an offense.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by saudatu(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
naptu2: There is no law that gives them such permission. Indeed, some years ago the service chiefs issued a joint statement stating that servicemen are paid transport allowance and there is no law that gives them the right to demand free rides on commercial buses.

I suspect that it started out as a courtesy given to servicemen by some transporters, but now some servicemen see it as a right. Some transporters also encourage the practice because they believe that it will grant them immunity from arrest (the servicemen will shield them for arrest).
U hav said it all! Kudos..........
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by hardbody: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
sunkoye: angryits very unfortunate that such exit in the name of Armed/staff personnel .research shows that the level of powers/pity arrogated to the armed personnels encourages their madness on duty. imagine a police officer that believe he/she is above the law and was now allowed to roam the street of lagos free...that spell calamity in full!! The dull reason why many Lagos driver are always eager to absolve them as it’s like a semi ticket to reckless driving and law breaking as well. it is highly immoral to get such gift due to the nature of their job function. This must stop immediately.

Oyibo lo nso (I meant to say 'Plenty grammar')I no be yoruba oo, so blame me not for my written Yoruba
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by gregg2: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lie! In PH uniform men pay. This thing only happens in Lagos and maybe other S/western cities
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by chucky234(m): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Pergrace: If they are not armed,then the bus conductor should demand for their money oh angry....but if they are armed,abeg your family need you for house. cheesy
No difference between wen dem armed and wen dem no armed because their slap alone na arm on its own,if you don receive slap from awaal before den you go understand say whether dem carry gun or not dem armed all the time.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Adanyebe(m): 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
Street rep: na onlý lagos u fit talk these one.

shocked I hope u knw the implication of fighting a Soja man undecided ..... cry cry cry Na insyd Gad rum u go knw say thingz ruff die for thiz we country grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Iolo(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
From my experience, the bus drivers don't make a loss when carrying police or army personnel.

The reason is bcause the end up not paying bus loading fees, and the other monies @ illegal checkpoints.

On some routes, its even more lucrative to carry an officer in the front seat.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by 2million1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
My brother!....how much be d fare just #50 compare to d slap wey him go slap u

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by 2million1(m): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]na when soldier slap u....u go know say police na ur friend
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Duxe(f): 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
idowuswap: Osewa abi what is ur animal name.are u mad or something why can u join armed forces 2 protect people.then if those people can t render a little help 4 person that cover them.that mean their are bad,so think ur stinking brain b4 u poste 4uk ur ass.

oga, are you trying to say the practise is right? I hope not!
Once i waited for a friend 2 come pick me up on a highway @ midnight, so i joined a patrol van and sat with the 'oga' inside. Not long,an officer came and reported that a certain motorist refuses to 'roger' but all his papers are up to date. And i heard d 'oga' utter the same words you typed!! I was so angry n shocked i practically had 2 beg God 2 help me seal my mouth! Are they not paid to 'protect' the people?

Appreciation should be done from the heart and its optional! You don't demand for appreciation! Being in the force is a noble job, and so,if you aint ready for it then by all means check elsewhere!

If we where all 2 demand for 'a little help' then,lawyers won't pay for health services in d hospital they represent n vice versa, bankers would demand a little help for counting your money etc!

Smh @ some of our uniformed men and thier reasoning!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Adanyebe(m): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
2 million: My brother!....how much be d fare just #50 compare to d slap wey him go slap u
kiss ABEGI TELL THEM!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ismhab(m): 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Maxwell86:

STILL TRYING TO FIND THE JOKE IN THIS POST
YOU WILL NEVER FIND IT, BECAUSE UR BRAIN IS EMPTY, MEANING U ARE A BENCH WARMER.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Duxe(f): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
Okija_juju: Nigerians sha!! So una no get respect for Officer?! When in places like america, if a service man walks into an aircraft and their is space in business class, they immediately relocate him especially if he has a 'Medal of Honor'.. Naija own na to dey beef them because of 50 Naira transport.. No wonder them dey beat una like criminal anytime wey una fhuck up..

there is difference between an outright demand for appreciation and receiving it. The officer didnt walk up 2 d counter and demand for a free ticket..he was GIVEN.

Let the bus driver say, 'no sir,u can kip the fare.' it is more digifying
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by tellwsdom: 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
Uniform men?? ....Who are they??
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ldpele(m): 7:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
gregg2: Lie! In PH uniform men pay. This thing only happens in Lagos and maybe other S/western cities
seconded,mentiond it earlier,that in phc,uniform men pay fares
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by naptu2: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
tellwsdom: Uniform men?? ....Who are they??

grin grin grin hahahahahahahahaha!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ldpele(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
ismhab:
YOU WILL NEVER FIND IT, BECAUSE UR BRAIN IS EMPTY, MEANING U ARE A BENCH WARMER.
u stil avn't made any sense
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by victme1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
them no fit try am for other state. Whalahi
sleekysol: i sometimes wonder why uniform men tend to claim staff in buses especially in Lagos is it a legal permission or just a deliberate intimidation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Reacts To The Protest By Pensioners / Akeredolu: Murderous Herdsmen Are Desperately Trying To Overrun Our State / ACP Amabua Mohammed Becomes First Female Police Adviser For MJTF, Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.