Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? (10630 Views)

Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / Uniform Men Brutality On Civilians(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by avalontony(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
but corpers fit do ajuwaya for road abi?
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by toideve(m): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
not in Benin!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by greall1: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
Gooooood
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
Biggyd2: I once boarded a bus where the driver told everyone in the bus to get down just before he finished loading. Why? A force man entered and the driver told the man point blank that if he didn't get down from his bus, he was not going to move his bus. The policeman sat where he was, so the driver just told everyone to "come down". The driver gave me extra wahala but it was fun watching the face of the policeman. Heard the driver muttering under his breath that "aft a nau, dem no go pay".Not only will some of them not pay, they sometimes lay claim to the outer passenger's seat beside the driver. Imagine waiting for for hours to get a bus, and when you do eventually, you are lucky to get the front seat (which is the most comfortable in many of these buses), then a man in uniform will come to tell you to give it up! No be me pepsin go tell dat kin tin sha.
Correct ɪ̣̝̇ like dat attitude man, ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ sef dey follow obalende route wella, cos of mγ̲̣̣̥ height ɪ̣̝̇ dey always siddon Fø̲̣̣я̅ front. ε̲̣̣̣̥ don happen several times, officer go ©º♏Є meet ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ say mk ɪ̣̝̇ shift# U̶̲̥̅̊ know ‎​What, ɪ̣̝̇ Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o dey even talk, ɪ̣̝̇ go just comot tell am say mk him enta inside cos na ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ dey pay mγ̲̣̣̥ money Aπϑ ɪ̣̝̇ reach dere first. Period# d¤n't tk bullshit o

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
Biggyd2: I once boarded a bus where the driver told everyone in the bus to get down just before he finished loading. Why? A force man entered and the driver told the man point blank that if he didn't get down from his bus, he was not going to move his bus. The policeman sat where he was, so the driver just told everyone to "come down". The driver gave me extra wahala but it was fun watching the face of the policeman. Heard the driver muttering under his breath that "aft a nau, dem no go pay".Not only will some of them not pay, they sometimes lay claim to the outer passenger's seat beside the driver. Imagine waiting for for hours to get a bus, and when you do eventually, you are lucky to get the front seat (which is the most comfortable in many of these buses), then a man in uniform will come to tell you to give it up! No be me pepsin go tell dat kin tin sha.
Correct ɪ̣̝̇ like dat attitude man, ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ sef dey follow obalende route wella, cos of mγ̲̣̣̥ height ɪ̣̝̇ dey always siddon Fø̲̣̣я̅ front. ε̲̣̣̣̥ don happen several times, officer go ©º♏Є meet ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ say mk ɪ̣̝̇ shift# U̶̲̥̅̊ know ‎​What, ɪ̣̝̇ Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o dey even talk, ɪ̣̝̇ go just comot tell am say mk him enta inside cos na ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ dey pay mγ̲̣̣̥ money Aπϑ ɪ̣̝̇ reach dere first. Period# d¤n't tk bullshit o
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by gbollykore: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
It shows our level of civilisation, in civilised countries military men dont even mingle with civiliians in the public, they are mostly in remote areas in their stations, i appreciate their service to our nation, but they should not force the public to offfer them free service, does that mean they can go to restaurants and eat free food lol

Truly Nigerian!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by abysirius(m): 3:51am On Sep 26, 2012
It is WRONG and this needs to be corrected. The correction which only can be done by me and you. Yes, it begins with us. These uniform men we talk about aren't ghosts but some of our friends, parents or siblings. Let them know it's unlawful and make them see the reasons they should change. This and other primitive and deranged attitudes from them, especial NPF, is the reason they don't worth a penny in Nigeria.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by kelvino25(m): 5:42am On Sep 26, 2012
ednut1: its not free o, cos dey wont pay agbero, cos dem carry staff
. Bros, u just answered OP's question.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by supereagle(m): 5:59am On Sep 26, 2012
It started during the civil war , drivers used to carry the soldiers then to meet up in case of emergencies. The tradition or the trend continued post civil war.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by kinsab(f): 6:02am On Sep 26, 2012
the day i visited uyo an army man just come drag me out of the front sit oo i be wan drag with the idiot o na him i come see his cap soo on our way all title agboro de collect from people non of them neared out bus that day maybe that's the reason of not paying mtcheeeeeeeew thief's
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by sleekysol(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2012
i hear people posting abt privilegdes given to service men in other countries and i dont doubt that but what i am saying here is there is a big difference between priviledge and right. Moreover the idea of not collecting fares from the to avoid "agberos" is not ethical. Is the practise of agbero a legal one so the whole thing oozes illegality
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Pergrace: 7:23am On Sep 26, 2012
chucky234: No difference between wen dem armed and wen dem no armed because their slap alone na arm on its own,if you don receive slap from awaal before den you go understand say whether dem carry gun or not dem armed all the time.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by noblegas2(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2012
Bloody civilians!!! Go back to the History book!!!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by fe32(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2012
In my own opinion, this is good. It is not easy being a uniformed person and society to my believe is not even doing enough for them. We will have security the way we want it until total pride is restored to the many forms of the profession. Police, Army and the rest.

It's not easy when it's your job to confront reckless danger. yes we may question the quality of their service, but that is simply a reflection of the environment we find ourselves. A lot more has to be done in terms of their welfare, housing, pension. Until we get to a level where our kids tells us their dream is to work for the police force or be in the army and we are very proud of this. Then we are getting there. They deserve all these privileges because it's a risk full profession. Let's not also forget that these uniformed men are people's husband, father's, mother, wife, aunt, cousin etc who have signed a paper to stand in the line in case anything comes up. They deserve every respect the society gives to them.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by evey(f): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2012
its really crazy,its so common in Lagos. Even security men with uniform will always say Staff,since its a common slogan among uniform people
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by suskumayaya(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2012
I observed that the bus drivers also enjoy the privilege of not paying some amount at the bus stop whenever there's a 'staff' among the passengers.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by jeak123(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2012
naptu2: The whole courtesy thing occurs around the world. In the US, some diners and other businesses may decide to give free or discounted services to servicemen to show appreciation to the men in uniform for the role they play in safeguarding the country. This is entirely and completely voluntary.

In the 1980s in Nigeria, Okada Air provided discounted services to NYSC corpers as a mark of appreciation for their services to the country.

However, I believe the practice of forcing transporters to provide free services to servicemen is a relic of military rule. During military rule, uniformed personnel thought that they were superior to civilians and could do anything they want. The practice is actually illegal.

i think u are d only one who posted anything worth reading. instead of everyone whimpering, y don't they join d military or d police and be posted to lagos at least, they'll enjoy free fare. mods, i think this topic has no biz being discussed cos at the end of d day nothing will come out of it. or is there any one who has proffered any kind of solution? I doubt. it's all talk. mtscheeeeww. next please. cool cool
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by stepo707: 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
The entire system needs complete cleasing
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Limaoscar: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Becos dem be "staffs" grin grin
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by EreluY(f): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
They can't pay fares in buses [ ], they should on buses grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by methodman(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2012
I just witnessed one. Na true talk o. The driver and conductor even greet am as if hin be Fashola. Na wah o. D guy even sit down like chairman...
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
i used to claim 'staff' when i was serving as a youth corper.

was so sweet to ride free of charge! wink grin
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by ndukwejoe(m): 12:28am On Sep 28, 2012
Say what you know i am in port Harcourt police don't pay , i saw it today when coming back from stadium road to rumuola
gregg2: Lie! In PH uniform men pay. This thing only happens in Lagos and maybe other S/western cities
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
Definitely not in Abuja! Afterall, most officers here, even recruits struggle to own a vehicle, and anyday they manage to enter a bus they pay!!!
Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by lecturerdabo(m): 12:51am On Oct 03, 2012
ldpele: my pal frm lag dat visited phc was surprised when uniform men were payn fares n wen i askd him if they dnt @lagos,he shouted 'no na,they b staff'and i wonderd bouh it
You must b one of those who belv them say without bothering 2 investigate! Uniform personnels pay taxi fares here in PH but not Bus fare just like Lagos. As for the reason NLers should pose the question to drivers who queue up in front of barracks looking for who will follow them to work that day for pay. Tnx to military police that put a stop to such. Pls lets learn to be objective in xpresin our views.

CHEERS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency / Tinubu Behind Success Of APC – Sanwo-Olu Insists / ACP Amabua Mohammed Becomes First Female Police Adviser For MJTF, Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.