Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,940 members, 7,863,315 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two (1013 Views)

Val's Dinner: Rate My Fiancee And I. :D / Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Abujafood: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
When it comes to hosting a classic romantic dinner, the challenge is always how to create that magical spark that will make the evening a memorable one. A romantic dinner for two is the most tried and tested way to wooing your date for a serious relationship or just another way to add colour to your existing relationship or marriage. To host a memorable romantic dinner you’ll need to get a few things in place. Mind you these are not guaranteed to create Amour as this ulitimately depends on the chemistry between two people, but it sure creates the environment for it;

Good Music

Everyone has his or her own idea of what romantic music should sound like. But you’ll agree with me that soft, slow and soulful music is ideal romantic music on a date. If you are feeling extra confident and really want to blow your date away, hire a guitar player or muscian to play some live music to make your dinner date unique.

Romantic Ambience

Setting the right mood for a date is very important. It's all about captivating the senses, evoking a mood and fine tuning it for romance. Firstly pay attention to lighting. Lighting is everything. You don't want harsh neon lights flooding the space as it is known to foster feelings of discomfort. Always dim the lights or use natural light by way of candles or lamps. This creates a softer dreamlike atmosphere and goes a long way to creating that relaxing environment you need to form a romantic connection. Make sure the air is sensously fragrant by lighting scented candles or inscense.

Table and Chairs or None

A small cosy table designed just for two will enable both dates to have a proper face to face encounter over dinner. Dinner without tables and chairs is not such a bad idea either. It makes the whole experience more informal and relaxed. If you're both sitting on a rug on the floor it might melt the ice and provide the right mood to kickstart a great evening. Moving the dinner outdoors for a mini picnic in the garden is also a good idea if you are feeling creative.

Great Menu

A romantic meal should at least be three courses. The idea is that you want to prolong the dinner experience giving you time to connect with your date. The variety of a three course meal also provides talking points e.g. you can comment on the food, so that the conversation never runs dry. Seafood is always romantic, interesting and lets not forget tasty for a main course. Make sure you pick appetizers you can share like Samosa's and spring rolls, giving ample opportunity for your fingers to meet.

Perfect Entertainment

Always have a plan for after dinner, like taking a long walk together, watching a movie or Soap or just light hearted chit chat. A parting gift for the occasion may not be a bad idea. Use your imagination! *wink*

Source: http://www.abujafood.com/people/people-a-relationships/904-how-to-host-a-classic-romantic-dinner-date-for-two.html
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
undecided
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by greedie1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hmmm
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by DExplorer1: 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
And i will spend up to N500,000 to have this arranged?
Where is Idowuogbo?
That mama Abudu near Fela shrine open buka today? grin
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Abujafood: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2012
AmBeautiful: undecided

wink
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Abujafood: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2012
D-Explorer:
And i will spend up to N500,000 to have this arranged?
Where is Idowuogbo?
That mama Abudu near Fela shrine open buka today? grin

If you can afford it and you think she's worth it, why not?
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Sijo01(f): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2012
This one na long tori joor...... Just arrange garri for bowl, put bench for corridor, sitdown & you are good to go.
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by DExplorer1: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2012
Sijo01: This one na long tori joor...... Just arrange garri for bowl, put bench for corridor, sitdown & you are good to go.
Why can't i hug you now grin grin grin
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Sijo01(f): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
D-Explorer:

Why can't i hug you now grin grin grin

lol, bring it on!

1 Like

Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
mtcheeewwww
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
bennyraz: mtcheeewwww

lol, why na?
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yield:

lol, why na?
all wetin the poster write na waste of time jare..
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by Nnekacherry: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hahaha.. hire a guitar player or mucisian, just to take dinner
Hmmm....
Re: How To Host A Romantic Dinner For Two by DExplorer1: 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sijo01:

lol, bring it on!
You just got yourself a warm hug cheesy wink

(1) (Reply)

Those You Must Never Fall In Love With / Do 'soul Mates' Exist? / The Confession Of A House Wife: Am In Love With My Land Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.