Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,644 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (28481 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by remarkD(m): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cant y'all see that the article posted below reports no single beggar/destitute from the south-east/East? Not even one! a single 1!
No Igbo, not even half. So this makes me strongly believe that those people "dumped" in Anambra are not from the south east. so all this noise on the thread made by those rejoicing that Igbos have been deported are just fantacizing. Personally, i would like Igbos to bring back their business to Igboland...
uote author=kunlekunle]Lagos deports 15 foreign beggars, 3,029 to other States

By Miriam Ndikanwu13/05/2011 00:13:00

Font size:

Beggars

The government of Lagos State in Nigeria has in the last four years deported 15 foreign beggars and 3,029 from different states across the country in order to address the challenge of social miscreants.

Special Adviser to Governor Babatunder Fashola on Youth and Social Development, Dr. Dolapo Badru, stated this today. He also said government gave out 152 children for adoption in several foreign countries.

According to him, “at least, 3,044 persons were either transferred to other states or country or released to their relations for re-integration between January 2010 and now”.

He explained that 196 beggars were deported to Sokoto State; 83 to Oyo State; 75 to Kano State; 67 to Osun State while 21 were deported to Ekiti State and seven to Ondo State.

The Special Adviser also added that 12 beggars were deported to Niger Republic ; two to Chad Republic and one to Cote D’voire [b]while 2,580 others were handed over to their relations for integration.
[/b]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/5930-lagos-deports-15-foreign-beggars-3-029-to-other-states.html

https://www.nairaland.com/996765/lagos-deported-yoruba-beggars#11518926

Whats the fuss about,
sending destiutes back to thier village.

[/quote]
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by nduchucks: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
naptu2: I'm going to recount from memory because I'm on the move at the moment, but I'll try to get articles, etc when I get to a place of rest. The sources for my memory are newspaper articles, documentaries of Lagos Television, news reports and even nairaland.

[size=14pt]The Process[/size]

1)The environmental laws of Lagos State (laws against street trading, begging, etc) have been in place at least since the 1970s (probably earlier). They've been reviewed quite a number of times (Akhigbe, Rasaki, Tinubu).

2) The process was fully established by the Tinubu Administration.

3) Beggars, street traders, destitutes, area boys, psychotics, etc are arrested by the Task Force on Environmental Offences.

4) They are given a choice: (a) go to prison (b) go to rehabilitation centre (c) return to your state of origin.

A) The law stipulates punishment for those who commit these offences. They include prison term, fine, forfeiture of goods.

B) Rehabilitation centres were set up (the most famous/infamous was at Ita-Oko Island). At the centres the inmates are sorted. They are tested for drugs. Those who are drug addicts are detoxified. Those who have mental illnesses are sent to the asylum. The inmates (apart from the lunatics) are then taught skills (skills acquisition centre) so that they'll be able to earn a living. When they complete the course, they are given a loan with which they will start a business and made to sign an undertaking that they will not return to the streets.

C) Return: Those who choose to return are transported to their state of origin. The state government is usually informed ahead of time (although I know of 3 instances in which their state governments claimed that they were not informed) so that they can make arrangements to cater for the people. Most of the people who have chosen to return are from the northern part of the country (note: they chose to return).

What you state above is nothing more than the unlawful arrest/imprisonment and the restriction of the fundamental rights to freedom of movement, of the people you listed in item (3) above, for no just cause. If the people Lagos state labelled as Beggars, street traders, destitutes, area boys, psychotics comitted no crime, then the state has no right whatsoever to arrest or detain them. Thus any subsequent action, such as giving these people the option of returning to their states of origin is null, void, illegal, and unconstitutional.

Since when has it become a crime to be poor? Nonesense.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Amaizu(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Saintneo,

The people living in Lagos State have a civic responsibility to the state. This action by Lagos State is supported by the customary laws and those laws recognize and identify citizenship strictly by ward and ancestry. The constitution of Nigeria further recognize and empower those customary laws as the basis of indigeneity for any member state in the sovereingty. If you suppress the customary laws in favor of the Constitution then you must also dissolve the traditional Chiefs and fire the Obas and the title holders.....basically erode the culture.

If you do it for Lagos, you must do it for all other states. If the other states must keep their customary laws intact, then so must Lagos.

On the substance of the matter itself, who are these people and why were they deported?

On the lagality, Lagos State, by this action, has not acted in counter to any provision or statutes of Constitution and is therefore not in violation of the right of citizenship clause.

[color=#000099][/color]Your brand of Constitutional law is strange.For a customary law to be accepted as a common Law,it must meet two (2) basic criteria
(i)it must not be repugnant (ii)it must be a mirror of accepted usage.Weigh the Lagos Government action against those parameters.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nwa Anambra: onye ofe mmanu! Its called igba mbo.....we re nt beggars and BABA SUWE was caught wit wot substances hidden in his pants?

Baba Suwe was not caught with anything. He is a freeman walking now
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Freiburger(m): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
wissezy: What is wrong with that thing called ashiomole!! Someone should better go and tighten that loose nut, in that nuts head, before things gets out of hand with his stupid policies.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Malawian: ode! why didnt you ight the war yourseves? why did you invite the british, soviets, australians, egypt, cameroon, abokis up and above naija area? the british furnished you guys with enough weapons to obiliterate all of nigeria, and for three years una no fit do shit. you the resorted to underhand tactics to win war. ode like you. igbos did not loose territorial integrity after the war. fact. but you olumo rock seeking yaribas still dont know how far with illorin till this day. there is the internet now, britain cant use their bbc o do propaganda war for you guys again. when una ready, make una show. the last war only showed us that yu guys dont fight fair, so we now know how to engage you guys. there will be no banjo leading any liberation team. we go show with our ogb.nigwe clear all una reach oyo, all these naija mouth and bravado na because of civil war against igbo abi? were una get power from?

This has only shown that your Igbo people are more brainless than originally thought.

Does any sane person go to war without seeking outside support and alliances? But your flat headed Igbo ppl think war is like the primitive wrestling you fight in Alayibo

Ask Benjamin Adekunle what he turned your ppl into. Better thank Obasanjo for saving you from Adekunles wrath
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Malawian(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

This has only shown that your Igbo people are more brainless than originally thought.

Does any sane person go to war without seeking outside support and alliances? But your flat headed Igbo ppl think war is like the primitive wrestling you fight in Alayibo

Ask Benjamin Adekunle what he turned your ppl into. Better thank Obasanjo for saving you from Adekunles wrath
ole. fight your war if you are a true warrior. what do you need alliance for?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by heyma: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Fashola is a big a s s fool.

Cleary Anambra people are no beggars and if people were from Anambra they are educated enough to say so ..

It's idiotic to pick people who cannot identify their states of Origin and dump them in Anambra,
every Ibo person can state his/her state of Origin.

They do not constitute any social menace(destitutes etc) any where in Nigerta.

He should begin by deporting Yorubas living in slums in Lagos island, Ikorodu, Ajegunle, Yaba, Oworonshoki etc to the sky

...And by the way what makes that man a Lagosian?; shouldnt he relocate back to osun?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by jidestar: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
Fashola for third term. Eko oni baje o! They should all be deported, Igbo, fisherman, hausa,calabar. Good riddence to bad rubbish. Now Igbo have 90% lagos population. Refugee lol

Awon oniranu cheesy :
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
MiracleChild: This Is very interesting.

I support Gov Fashola in everything he does. I come from a state where i cant even go spend a weekend anymore because kidnapping,killings and daytime robbery are the order of the day.where there are no infrastructural developments ,where the government is so corrupt and their major aim in office is to fill their bank accounts and that of their families. bearing in mind that we are one of the riches states in Nigeria.I have settled in Lagos and i am happy to be here.i live like i live abroad and everything works.

The people of Lagos have taken great steps to put their house in order.The people defended their votes and ensured proper leader are elected. the government worked for the people. and Lagos has been a good host. Any Guest that choose to reward by his host behaving badly should be "returned" cos its just not right.Instead of complaining other states should put their house in order so their people should be happy to live there. if not anything you see you should take it.cos nobody will stand by and see their hard work being destroyed by others and i don't expect Lagosians to condone rubbish.

Look at what this dumb head wrote. No wonder your husband is beating you like a drum. Weak biitch !
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
MiracleChild: This Is very interesting.

I support Gov Fashola in everything he does. I come from a state where i cant even go spend a weekend anymore because kidnapping,killings and daytime robbery are the order of the day.where there are no infrastructural developments ,where the government is so corrupt and their major aim in office is to fill their bank accounts and that of their families. bearing in mind that we are one of the riches states in Nigeria.I have settled in Lagos and i am happy to be here.i live like i live abroad and everything works.

The people of Lagos have taken great steps to put their house in order.The people defended their votes and ensured proper leader are elected. the government worked for the people. and Lagos has been a good host. Any Guest that choose to reward by his host behaving badly should be "returned" cos its just not right.Instead of complaining other states should put their house in order so their people should be happy to live there. if not anything you see you should take it.cos nobody will stand by and see their hard work being destroyed by others and i don't expect Lagosians to condone rubbish.

Look at what this dumb head wrote. No wonder your husband is beating you like a drum. Weak biitch !
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
jidestar: Eko oni baje o! They should all be deported, Igbo, fisherman, hausa,calabar. Good riddence to bad rubbish. Now Igbo have 90% lagos population. Refugee lol

Awon oniranu cheesy :

Like we expected you to write something sensible. I pity you fool... you are in for a long haul! The Igbo are back on track..The race is on!
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
So the majority of those "deported" to Anambra are non- igbo Easterners?

Again this continues to confirm that other Nigerians view ALL Easterners as Igbo.

Unless we are talking about oil. haw haw.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Malawian: ole. fight your war if you are a true warrior. what do you need alliance for?

That shows you are senseless with that Flat Igbo head just like Ojuku

America seeks NATO alliance, Britain sought Americans alliance during WW2, even Hitler dsought alliance with japan and Italy

But in your Igbo eternal stupidity you thought war was wrestling in your village circle
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

We stood our ground and fought nigeria and the western world put together for a brutal 30months without food....mudafucka I am proud that my ppl didn't chicken out. We stood our ground and fought nigeria and their western allies for a bloody 30months! Benin conquered lagos,named it Eko and colonized you.Fulani defeated the ilorin empire and islamized you. Fulani massacrered you in oyo,colonized and islamized you. Yoruba women are the ones feeding their husband like african american women. You lots are weaklings and cannot keep ur diick in your pants. We Igbo are too brave for you!
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
nnenna.1:
So the majority of those "deported" to Anambra are non- igbo Easterners?

Again this continues to confirm that other Nigerians view ALL Easterners as Igbo.

Unless we are talking about oil. haw haw.

Nne,gbagodi nkiti. These ppl are not intelligent.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by emekaude1: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
If the igbos leave lagos it will colaps overnight.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
emeka ude: If the igbos leave lagos it will colaps overnight.

Na lie. There is no service provided by ibos that cannot be done better by others.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

We stood our ground and fought nigeria and the western world put together for a brutal 30months without food....mudafucka I am proud that my ppl didn't chicken out. We stood our ground and fought nigeria and their western allies for a bloody 30months! Benin conquered lagos,named it Eko and colonized you.Fulani defeated the ilorin empire and islamized you. Fulani massacrered you in oyo,colonized and islamized you. Yoruba women are the ones feeding their husband like african american women. You lots are weaklings and cannot keep ur diick in your pants. We Igbo are too brave for you!

Who would bother with conquering those eroded villages where they use the fat people for Suya?

When the war started we knew how the leader turned Abidjan to his home.

Bravery according to Igbos is when a warlord flees to Abidjan leaving his populace to die
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by naptu2: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
ndu_chucks:

What you state above is nothing more than the unlawful arrest/imprisonment and the restriction of the fundamental rights to freedom of movement, of the people you listed in item (3) above, for no just cause. If the people Lagos state labelled as Beggars, street traders, destitutes, area boys, psychotics comitted no crime, then the state has no right whatsoever to arrest or detain them. Thus any subsequent action, such as giving these people the option of returning to their states of origin is null, void, illegal, and unconstitutional.

Since when has it become a crime to be poor? Nonesense.

These laws have been in existence since colonial time. Differennt administrations have adopted various strategies to combat the offences (Colonel Marwa used soldiers).

Begging = pan handling is against the law (in Lagos and most cities of the world)

Street trading is illegal (that's actually one of the first Lagos State laws that I learnt as a child).

Psychotics are meant to be in mental institutions

There are also associated offences (eg offences against the child rights act).

See environmental laws of Lagos State.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by jidestar: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Igbo must go. i don talk am... signed jidestar

If u no like am hug transformer Nripriest and dede1 and all the other Igbo nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by nduchucks: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
naptu2:

These laws have been in existence since colonial time. Differennt administrations have adopted various strategies to combat the offences (Colonel Marwa used soldiers).

Begging = pan handling is against the law (in Lagos and most cities of the world)

Street trading is illegal (that's actually one of the first Lagos State laws that I learnt as a child).

Psychotics are meant to be in mental institutions

There are also associated offences (eg offences against the child rights act).

See environmental laws of Lagos State.

Some of your unconstitutional laws will be challenged soon enough. Do not assume that they are not unconstitutional because they are yet to be challenged. Lagos state is on the wrong side of the law in this case. State laws do not supersede the constitution.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Onlytruth: For me, this is the BEST OPPORTUNITY so far ever presented to us in the East since we started asking for a structural change within Nigeria.
Quote me on this.

If I were Gov Peter Obi, my next action (after complaining about this publicly) would be to erect an "Immigration border post" at Niger bridge head entrance at Onitsha to "vet and verify" that peoples entering the East are properly identified, and their mission/business in the East well document, before continuing their journey.
Anyone who cannot explain his ties to the East or his mission to the East would he summarily repatriated back to Lagos or wherever he/she may be coming from. cool

Anambra state is a strategic state (being the entrance point to the East), so Peter Obi would effectively be the new governor of the East (at least per immigration matters of the East). After I would have done this for a week or two, watch as the federal government would speedily intervene to call Fashola to order.

Nigeria has simply refused to talk about how we continue as one. Fashola's actions (though very cowardly, duh! undecided ) is an opportunity which should be used to force a national dialogue in Nigeria.

I hope Peter Obi never misses this opportunity. He has no presidential ambition that I know of, and he is not going for a second term as governor; so he can almost do anything politically in Nigeria and come out unscathed.

Obi, I Onlytruth, am available to offer my services at that border (bridge head) if you don't know how to do it.
Let the chips fall wherever they may! cool

Signed,

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

By the time all ibos living in Yorubaland are deported back to the east in retaliation, you will be eating each other.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
jidestar: Igbo must go. i don talk am... signed jidestar

If u no like am hug transformer Nripriest and dede1 and all the other Igbo nuisance.
Igbos must go and u fot them to stay. Bunch of senseless yorubah pple. Gosh yorubahs disgust me. Can't even stand their sight. It's like standing nxt to shit
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by chino11(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Baba Suwe was not caught with anything. He is a freeman walking now

Sharraaaap!!

YORROBBER MAN BABA SUWE WAS CAUGHT WITH PALLETS OF COCAINE.

Yorrobbers are the greatest drug traffickers world over.

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
chino11: Sharraaaap!!

YORROBBER MAN BABA SUWE WAS CAUGHT WITH PALLETS OF COCAINE.

So why hasnt he been prosecuted or why is he walking free now?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

No be una juju?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by jidestar: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Igbos f.u.ck.t.a.r.d.s are know drug users and dealers the world over. Let us check the hit list and say no more. Even CAMEROON A.N.US will testify on this forum. To be rich na by force? giving us bad name everywhere. bastards. angry
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by chino11(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

EWU he is presently being prosecuted!!

Get it straight into your empty cocoon! cheesy
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
chino11: EWU he is presently being prosecuted!!

Get it straight into your empty cocoon! cheesy

He was detained on suspicion of drug trafficking on 12 October after a body scanner at Lagos airport identified suspected drugs in his stomach.

But after more than three weeks in jail, officials from the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) admitted he had failed to excrete any drugs.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by chino11(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
^

The above is photoshopped.. EWU!

Here is the real picture, you can't change it cheesy cheesy

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
Baba Suwe To Shoot Movie On NDLEA Ordeal

Yoruba renowned actor and ace comedian, Babatunde Omidina, popularly known as Baba Suwe has said many film-makers have approached him to make a movie of his ordeal in the hands of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, which detained him for weeks on allegation of drug trafficking.

Baba Suwe
The comedian who also lost his darling wife and partner barely over a year ago, in a phone chat with HVP admitted the experience was one of the most trying times in his life as he was left confused and devastated.

He said he would never forget the experience and prayed that even his enemies should not have to go through what he went through.

‘’ My brother, this is not something I prayed for, even for my enemies. It is something I hate talking about but I thank God for absolving me of the alleged act” he said. In the same vein, the comedian, also confirmed the story making rounds that he is set to go on the big screen to tell the story of his incarceration by NDLEA but said he hasn’t said any real work on the movie.

He said:”There is a film I am working on right now but whether I plan to do a movie on that matter, I will say yes. Maybe in the future though many people have contacted me to do a movie but I am still taking my time and God’s willing, I shall visit that matter as soon as I can get myself together”

Baba Suwe is expected back in court on October 19, 2012 to continue hearing at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division, on stay of execution of the judgement of Justice Yetunde Idowu of a Lagos High Court, which ordered the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to pay N25 million to the actor as compensation for detaining him unduly over allegation of drug trafficking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Edo: APC Weighs Options, Fears PDP Takeover / Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States / Ex-Minister Bello Maitama Yusuf Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.