Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,956 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176590 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 3:01am On May 13, 2013
mogzy:

Seal777,

what is the status of the filling you made previously for your wife and how long now have you made the filing?

I came into America through dv 2013 approximately 5 weeks ago.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2013
seal777: .

why not ry mail KCC and hear their own point of view. Anything can happen ooooo grin grin
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 13, 2013

That's exactly the point. If my wife had won as a principal applicant, it would have been easy to process her own excluding me , since i am here already.

As it stand, Its a no go area.

Approach an immigration lawyer. It's money though!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by maasoap(m): 8:32pm On May 13, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Tiwanna,a single entarant only needs approximately N400,000 for processing visa, this guy has 2 kids, himself and his wifey,this N2,5m is their savings plus loan.
That N400,000, does it include flight ticket?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:14pm On May 13, 2013
maasoap: That N400,000, does it include flight ticket?

Yes.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 4:03am On May 14, 2013
House, please can a permanent resident be approved for Medicaid? I am in Texas and I already applied for medicaid for my wife after an emergency visit to the hospital when she was having some pains below her abdomen and the bills already arrived in the mail.. it is approximately 3200.00usd... We`ve got CHIP and STAR benefits. But a social worker informed us that those does not cover emergency visits to the hospital and also that we are not qualify for Medicaid. So I am confused as to what to do now. Has the social worker misinformed us or what? Please I need a quick advise from whoever have been through this before. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:20am On May 14, 2013
Allybert: House, please can a permanent resident be approved for Medicaid? I am in Texas and I already applied for medicaid for my wife after an emergency visit to the hospital when she was having some pains below her abdomen and the bills already arrived in the mail.. it is approximately 3200.00usd... We`ve got CHIP and STAR benefits. But a social worker informed us that those does not cover emergency visits to the hospital and also that we are not qualify for Medicaid. So I am confused as to what to do now. Has the social worker misinformed us or what? Please I need a quick advise from whoever have been through this before. Thanks

Sorry bro SCHIP is a Medicaid component but its coverage vary within States and Texas does not cover a new immigrant first five years, I will advice you call the number on the bill to confirm your account and ask if you can pay in bit.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nkkystel(f): 9:32am On May 14, 2013
Hello Adesoji, Temmy and others, my fiance destination is OHIO (Cleveland) the flight fee is ver very expensive. We got 364000 (Delta) which was the cheapest for 10/06/2013. Pls is there any way he can connect a bus from Texas to Cleveland-Ohio. Pls your advise.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:01am On May 14, 2013
nkkystel: Hello Adesoji, Temmy and others, my fiance destination is OHIO (Cleveland) the flight fee is ver very expensive. We got 364000 (Delta) which was the cheapest for 10/06/2013. Pls is there any way he can connect a bus from Texas to Cleveland-Ohio. Pls your advise.

Why cant he try others like Air Morocco, Emirate or Qatar, they are cheaper. nkkystel, Texas to Ohio is far oo(19hrs plus) he can get to New York and take bus it is just 9hrs to Ohio.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 12:10pm On May 14, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Why cant he try others like Air Morocco, Emirate or Qatar, they are cheaper. nkkystel, Texas to Ohio is far oo(19hrs plus) he can get to New York and take bus it is just 9hrs to Ohio.

Nice one.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 6:09pm On May 14, 2013

okay, I was in the US between Dec '12 and Jan '13 and in Nigeria right now, I got married just last month and also planning to get back to US by first week next month. I want to know more about the filing process and also interested in how long it's gonna take.
please need contributions, adesoji et al
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:56pm On May 14, 2013
mogzy:

okay, I was in the US between Dec '12 and Jan '13 and in Nigeria right now, I got married just last month and also planning to get back to US by first week next month. I want to know more about the filing process and also interested in how long it's gonna take.

Bro,You can file an I-130 immigrant visa petition. However, it will be several years before a visa is available for your wife. You may review the Dept of State Visa Bulletin, but for all practical purposes most people become US citizens before they ever get a visa for their spouse as a greencard holder.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 14, 2013
mogzy:

@Mogzy,

From experience, i will advice that you should plan this issue very well.

Yes.......you can file for your wife but a visa will not be automatically given to her till her number become current. For her number to become current, you have to wait for 3 years ( not inclusive of about 3-6month before your application for her will be accepted). In all, you have about 4-5 years to wait based on the current visa bulletin. Also know that during this waiting period, your wife can never enter USA on any type of visa (Visitor, work etc) because the application suppercede all other visa application (someone should correct me if i am wrong).

Based on the current waiting time 3-4years, sometimes, it become irrelevant to file for your partner immediately you arrived (it was 5-7 years waiting time three years ago, so waiting time is better now).

From my personal observation, it will be better for her to apply for a visitor visa first (or work permit if you can do it) before you file for her. This way, even when her application is under consideration, she will have the opportunity to come into the country and visit you.

(hope my suggestion is not yet outdated)
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 9:42pm On May 14, 2013
Let ME gve u quick and easiest Method though It might be tough For you To consider, Join The US Army and U will get Ur citizenship within 6months and File For Ur spouse immediately.But this might b tough though and It also Depend On Ur Age.

mogzy:

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 14, 2013
Remmy488: Let ME gve u quick and easiest Method though It might be tough For you To consider, Join The US Army and U will get Ur citizenship within 6months and File For Ur spouse immediately.But this might b tough though and It also Depend On Ur Age.

Join the US army

Sometimes in life..........the easiest way is not necessary the true way.

But, if you like army life.go ahead and join them. But, if not, why dont you have faith (back with real hard work) that you will be successful in USA and God will make a way.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nkkystel(f): 11:40pm On May 14, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Ade, tnx. We couldn't get Air Maroc, emirate and Qatar. Delta was the cheapest. I'll check that tomorrow. Tnx once again.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:35am On May 15, 2013
nkkystel:
Ade, tnx. We couldn't get Air Maroc, emirate and Qatar. Delta was the cheapest. I'll check that tomorrow. Tnx once again.

Sometimes checking online to book could be costly, I'll advice you you find a popular flight agent like aeroland or go to airport office of those carrier to book.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 11:25am On May 15, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Bro,You can file an I-130 immigrant visa petition. However, it will be several years before a visa is available for your wife. You may review the Dept of State Visa Bulletin, but for all practical purposes most people become US citizens before they ever get a visa for their spouse as a greencard holder.

Thanks Adesoji

alutaa:

@Mogzy,

From experience, i will advice that you should plan this issue very well.

Yes.......you can file for your wife but a visa will not be automatically given to her till her number become current. For her number to become current, you have to wait for 3 years ( not inclusive of about 3-6month before your application for her will be accepted). In all, you have about 4-5 years to wait based on the current visa bulletin. Also know that during this waiting period, your wife can never enter USA on any type of visa (Visitor, work etc) because the application supersede all other visa application (someone should correct me if i am wrong).

Based on the current waiting time 3-4years, sometimes, it become irrelevant to file for your partner immediately you arrived (it was 5-7 years waiting time three years ago, so waiting time is better now).

From my personal observation, it will be better for her to apply for a visitor visa first (or work permit if you can do it) before you file for her. This way, even when her application is under consideration, she will have the opportunity to come into the country and visit you.

(hope my suggestion is not yet outdated)

@aluta, thanks for that, my question is, in making a visit visa application for her, hope the fact that her husband being a green card holder in the US will not work against her?

thanks for all your contributions, as regards the US army thing, it's a no no for me, and I'm sure I'm over aged for that.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 15, 2013
mogzy:
@aluta, thanks for that, my question is, in making a visit visa application for her, hope the fact that her husband being a green card holder in the US will not work against her?

thanks for all your contributions, as regards the US army thing, it's a no no for me, and I'm sure I'm over aged for that.

That is a million dollar question.
Theoretically, the answer is YES (from my little knowledge of immigration law). But, you have to pray that they will not and will never ask her that question.

When my wife applied for her visa in February, they did not ask her that question. They only ask her if she is married and where i work. Despite telling them the truth, they still grant her a visa. But, the spotlight was not on me because i was not the one sponsoring her and i did not in anyway feature on her visa application (eg host in the state, name of sponsor or who will be paying for the trip). Assuming she stated that i will be the one responsible for her trips or sponsoring her or hosting her in the US, then my name will have come up and they will put the dot at the right place and the visa might have been rejected.

I also know of a friend on GC that sponsor his Fiancee to the US. She applied 5 times in 3years before the B1 visa was granted. The guy have to write the embassy in Nigeria and the responsible body for immigration over here. At the end of the day, the visa was granted and the lady is here now.

What work for Mr A might not work for Mr B. Do your research very well and talk to responsible people that has been in the same situation (dont be suprise......a lot of people dont know much about this kind of situation. They are more familiar with K visa than the F2A visa).
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2013
alutaa:

That is a million dollar question.
Theoretically, the answer is YES (from my little knowledge of immigration law). But, you have to pray that they will not and will never ask her that question.

When my wife applied for her visa in February, they did not ask her that question. They only ask her if she is married and where i work. Despite telling them the truth, they still grant her a visa. But, the spotlight was not on me because i was not the one sponsoring her and i did not in anyway feature on her visa application (eg host in the state, name of sponsor or who will be paying for the trip). Assuming she stated that i will be the one responsible for her trips or sponsoring her or hosting her in the US, then my name will have come up and they will put the dot at the right place and the visa might have been rejected.

I also know of a friend on GC that sponsor his Fiancee to the US. She applied 5 times in 3years before the B1 visa was granted. The guy have to write the embassy in Nigeria and the responsible body for immigration over here. At the end of the day, the visa was granted and the lady is here now.

What work for Mr A might not work for Mr B. Do your research very well and talk to responsible people that has been in the same situation (dont be suprise......a lot of people dont know much about this kind of situation. They are more familiar with K visa than the F2A visa).

Thanks so much for your response and also sharing your experience here too, I 'll just try and explore all available opportunities, I would have stayed back in the US this January if not for the sole purpose of coming back to get married to my wife and with the hope of having a smooth transfer from my Nigerian office to Houston's. Anyway, God is still perfectly in control.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nkkystel(f): 6:19pm On May 16, 2013
@ Adesoji, need clarifications on this, after getting the SSN must one apply for a work permit before working. Someone in the U.S told me so and that it's about 500 USD.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:25pm On May 16, 2013
nkkystel: @ Adesoji, need clarifications on this, after getting the SSN must one apply for a work permit before working. Someone in the U.S told me so and that it's about 500 USD.

Working permit ke? God forbid bad thing o!!!! that is not true my sister, working permit is for those without green card. Once you have your green card and your SSN, you can do anything(Legal)except Voting...work, start a business, go to school, join the military, access benefit and privileges.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nkkystel(f): 1:18am On May 17, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Working permit ke? God forbid bad thing o!!!! that is not true my sister, working permit is for those without green card. Once you have your green card and your SSN, you can do anything(Legal)except Voting...work, start a business, go to school, join the military, access benefit and privileges.
Thanks Oga Ade, I was also suprise ooooo!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2013
nkkystel:
Thanks Oga Ade, I was also suprise ooooo!

No problem sister, feel free to ask any question that is why we are here.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosmy(m): 3:27pm On May 18, 2013
Hello mr temmy,mr soji and others that have ideal on this I and my wife we are planing to for our trip on first week june and my wife preegnacy we bee seven month then hope the airline would nt giv stres,I mean hope they disturb for to bburd there airline or what did u think we can go with to prove that she 7 month pregnancy thanks.........faith works wonders
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:59pm On May 18, 2013
tosmy :
Hello mr temmy,mr soji and others that have ideal on this I and my wife we are planing to for our trip on first week june and my wife preegnacy we bee seven month then hope the airline would nt giv stres,I mean hope they disturb for to bburd there airline or what did u think we can go with to prove that she 7 month pregnancy thanks.........faith works wonders

Leripa I beg answer this question.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 9:35pm On May 18, 2013
tosmy :
All airlines make their rules and regulations regarding pregnant women,but it is usually in the last month of pregnancy(36 weeks)that women are usually prohibited from flying.Specifically,many airlines will require a doctors note,once you reach 27 weeks(third trimester),while most airlines would require a medical certificate once you reach 32 weeks.Although some restrict at seven months,the vast majority restrict around 36 weeks.x
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chykezworld: 11:13pm On May 18, 2013
nkkystel:
my advice is dat u shld book ur flight to new york den connect to ohio frm new york is less expensive..i also booked my ticket yesterday to new york oneway @132k wt emirate den i will connect frm der to NJ...

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 4:39am On May 19, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Leripa I beg answer this question.

@Gbenge 77 has said it all. Each airlines has its own policy as regards flying pregnant women. All things being equal, she'll need a Doctor's note stating clearly that the pregnant woman is fit to fly.
Good luck.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosmy(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2013
@mr soji,mr gbenge also mr leripa I really appreciate ur responce thanks annd god blesss
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2013
These guys are hiring, check if they are hiring in your location through their website http://www.careerworks.org/pdfs/view/jobs.pdf
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2013
Appreciating the creator of this trend and every contributors, ur posts are really insightful, GOD BLESS U.
I'm a spouse to a winner of 2014 edition, and hope ur experiences and advises via this trend will lead us to success by the Grace of God.
My questions:
1. Coping in the US as a family of 5, how easy for new immigrants
2. I'm graduating as a PUBLIC ADMIN. person while my wife is SSCE holder, what relevant jobs are likely for us to cater for our 3 kids?
3. What's the earliest time we could be interviewed or move? CN 7***
Adesoji, temmytanny, jejelady,Ibrad.., leripa, gbenge and every other person with info relevant, pls help.

Reading this trend makes me feeling like jumping to The US, pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.