Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176576 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:12am On Jul 13, 2013
Thanks for the thumb up, with your o level and experience you can work in a bank and any other places,all you need to do is to work in and tell them you want to fill employment application.You may also locate employment agency in your location,you can also go for a short course just like my friend said.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:29am On Jul 13, 2013
remkay2012: House, if the status of the visa stated "ISSUED" does that means the visa is ready for collection?

It simply means that the visa slot is no more available for any other person but you aka used.That may not mean it is availabe for pick up.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 3:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Remmy488: Since u have ssce, I would advice u attend a CNA or MEDTEC class it's helpful and more beneficial dan working in a mall or eatery. Jus try n locate a CNA or MEDTEC approaved training center near you and register 4 it, it will b useful 4u and from there u can go 2 community college in ur county. U can also try Correctional work too though d processng takes time.

Thanks @ Remmy488
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 3:04am On Jul 14, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Thanks for the thumb up, with your o level and experience you can work in a bank and any other places,all you need to do is to work in and tell them you want to fill employment application.You may also locate employment agency in your location,you can also go for a short course just like my friend said.

Thanks@ Adesojiaderemi
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by abiodunraufu: 8:28am On Jul 14, 2013
House. My nephew is about to move to Houston on visa lottery. How much does it cost to rent an apartment? Or could he get a flat to share with others. What will it cost per month?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gokman4u(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hello great people of the forum, I have been reading everybdy's contribution on the pages of this forum and all contributns av bn wonderful. God will reward your efforts for guiding pple in the right directn. I am a dv 2014 selectee and I have sent the necessary forms 2 KCC for further processing. But I need every1 genuine contribution on the training I can do here in Nigeria that will give me a good start in the United States. I have National Diploma(ND) in computer science after which I worked as security Guard in a bank for over 4 years,I also worked for 7mnths as a customer care representative(call center agent) in Airtel call center. I current work as a trainee engineer in a consultant company that provides Technical support to telecoms operators in Nigeria. The company does troubleshooting and optimization of signal level(strength),signal quality and speech quality of network masks of telecoms operators. I do not currently av any IT certificatn but my intention is to develop a career in telecomms equipment installatn & maintenance wen I get to the US. Please I look forward to honest advice from the good people of the forum. Thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:18am On Jul 15, 2013
abiodunraufu: House. My nephew is about to move to Houston on visa lottery. How much does it cost to rent an apartment? Or could he get a flat to share with others. What will it cost per month?

An average one bedroom apartment in houston cost $600, but the real issue is that you cant just get an apartment without your SSN except somebody help you out.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:33am On Jul 15, 2013
gokman4u: Hello great people of the forum, I have been reading everybdy's contribution on the pages of this forum and all contributns av bn wonderful. God will reward your efforts for guiding pple in the right directn. I am a dv 2014 selectee and I have sent the necessary forms 2 KCC for further processing. But I need every1 genuine contribution on the training I can do here in Nigeria that will give me a good start in the United States. I have National Diploma(ND) in computer science after which I worked as security Guard in a bank for over 4 years,I also worked for 7mnths as a customer care representative(call center agent) in Airtel call center. I current work as a trainee engineer in a consultant company that provides Technical support to telecoms operators in Nigeria. The company does troubleshooting and optimization of signal level(strength),signal quality and speech quality of network masks of telecoms operators. I do not currently av any IT certificatn but my intention is to develop a career in telecomms equipment installatn & maintenance wen I get to the US. Please I look forward to honest advice from the good people of the forum. Thank you.

Bros, I think you should focus on getting an international certification to back up your claims...CCNA, MCP. CompTia..etc will help a lot.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by olanrewaju76: 11:10am On Jul 15, 2013
Thanks guys, it all went well. My family and I were issued visas without much ado.

Please educate me, how do I book for flight? and please the cheapest airline from Nigeria to the US.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
olanrewaju76: Thanks guys, it all went well. My family and I were issued visas without much ado.

Please educate me, how do I book for flight? and please the cheapest airline from Nigeria to the US.

Search on Wakka now to compare cheap flights
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
General Advice to anyone in the house. The Medical Report has an expiry date 6 months after it was issued. Make sure you travel before it expires. You will be delayed at the airport for over 6 hours and then asked to go and do the tests again within 30 days. They will not accept anything that is not in the envelope , so if you suspect yours has expired, call the American embassy ASAP and ask for guidance . It will cost you money to redo it in America. Tell everyone you know who may have this issue.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gokman4u(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Bros, I think you should focus on getting an international certification to back up your claims...CCNA, MCP. CompTia..etc will help a lot.
Thanks @adesojiaderemi
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by fadinus(m): 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
olanrewaju76: Thanks guys, it all went well. My family and I were issued visas without much ado.

Try http://fly4.emirates.com
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by joshfem04: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2013
hi everyone, i've been following dis trend for while, u guyz r great. I'm a winner plannin to travel later dis month buh av some questions i need an answer to.
1. I av a bachelors degree in biological science buh av been practicing in project management. I'm a certified PMP holder. I'm interested more in IT. Does it necessarily require of me to av a degree in IT b4 i can practice more or beta still go for more certification in IT.
2. My suppose host told me to get a nigerian driver's license while comin to d state precisely maryland. I dont av d license. Of what importance is d license.
Thank y'all
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:02am On Jul 18, 2013
joshfem04: hi everyone, i've been following dis trend for while, u guyz r great. I'm a winner plannin to travel later dis month buh av some questions i need an answer to.
1. I av a bachelors degree in biological science buh av been practicing in project management. I'm a certified PMP holder. I'm interested more in IT. Does it necessarily require of me to av a degree in IT b4 i can practice more or beta still go for more certification in IT.
2. My suppose host told me to get a nigerian driver's license while comin to d state precisely maryland. I dont av d license. Of what importance is d license.
Thank y'all

You don't necessarily need degree in IT to get a job, professional certification is ok good to start with.

If your host asked you to get a Nigerian driver's license make sure you get it, not having it may facilitate unnecessary excuse. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obasekola: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
jonnywalker: @adeso,thanks.from the experience u shared then it means im already in danger.its my host who took it from the mailbox,photocopied iit n gave it to me the next day.in case he knows my number,can he do it without my knowledge if i move from ther

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i smell danger. Beware ma/sir.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obasekola: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
sendtodeji: For folks interested in obtaining training and are concerned about the cost, you should contact the nearest WIA (Workforce Investment Act). They might be able to fund your much desired training/education. WIA is a federal government program operated through the states. Your training provider has to be registered with WIA for them to agree to pay your tuition.

Hello Mr. Deji, how are u doing? please i need your email address or your contact pls.

We have somethings to settle on IT. I shuttle Boston - Nigeria for the now, but my family based in Boston.

my email is mosesobasekola@yahoo.com.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by remkay2012: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

It simply means that the visa slot is no more available for any other person but you aka used.That may not mean it is availabe for pick up.

Thanks Adesojiaderemi, we have received our visa with the packages. We are helding to MIchigan. Do you have any idea of that place will look like and how about the job over there? Since I am going with my family, I don't want to rely much on our host.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
The answer to ur question is YES,locate a homeland(social security administration) dept close to you a week after you enter into the country. You need to go there and apply in person ok.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
The answer to ur question is YES,locate a homeland(social security administration) dept close to you a week after you enter into the country. You need to go there and apply in person ok.

teeebabie: Pls I want to ask if it is necessary to go apply for SSN after one has already ticked yes in the forms
sent to Kentucky.. Remember the question dt asked if one's info should b used to process a SSN.... And if u tink it is necessary , won't that be a double application and is dr any likely consequences of dt or consequences of not going to apply....
Tanx for your prompt response
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
Every state in America is good 4 residency, but it all depend on what you want and the field you intend to major. But wen you come, you can always know ur way.

remkay2012:

Thanks Adesojiaderemi, we have received our visa with the packages. We are helding to MIchigan. Do you have any idea of that place will look like and how about the job over there? Since I am going with my family, I don't want to rely much on our host.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
The essence of the naija drivers license is to make it quick and brief for you 2 get a drivel licence in Maryland, wtout it u may have 2 go for a driving sku first whch is about $450. As 4 ur oda question, wen you com you will know things dat r lucrative in Maryland ok

joshfem04: hi everyone, i've been following dis trend for while, u guyz r great. I'm a winner plannin to travel later dis month buh av some questions i need an answer to.
Thank y'all
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 3:58am On Jul 20, 2013
Remmy488: The answer to ur question is YES,locate a homeland(social security administration) dept close to you a week after you enter into the country. You need to go there and apply in person ok.

No you don't have to go, my niece went there yesterday and was told the SSN would be sent to her in 3 weeks from the date of her arrival. She need not have gone. They said that if after 3 weeks she doesn't receive it then she should come back to them.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by genlion: 5:11am On Jul 20, 2013
House, is it necessary for anyone who is travellin to america to get niger driver's lience before one travel?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 6:25am On Jul 20, 2013
genlion: House, is it necessary for anyone who is travellin to america to get niger driver's lience before one travel?

It's not really necessary cus when u get to the States, you'll have to seat for 2 exams (1). An online written exam on driving & (2). Behind wheels driving test b4 u can be issued a driver licence of your State. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2013
Pls house, what are the requirement to open a Bank account in the State Every answer will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
missannie: Pls house, what are the requirement to open a Bank account in the State Every answer will be appreciated. Thanks

They need 2 forms of ID, your international passport is one and you need one with an address . Chase bank
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 21, 2013
missannie:

It's not really necessary cus when u get to the States, you'll have to seat for 2 exams (1). An online written exam on driving & (2). Behind wheels driving test b4 u can be issued a driver licence of your State. I stand to be corrected.
having an old Nija drivers licence is a prove dat u av been behind d wheel 4 long, it cud reduce ur auto insurance rate. Hope it helped?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 6:01am On Jul 21, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

No you don't have to go, my niece went there yesterday and was told the SSN would be sent to her in 3 weeks from the date of her arrival. She need not have gone. They said that if after 3 weeks she doesn't receive it then she should come back to them.

For as much as I know concerning the issue of SSN, it's very important you go to Social security Admin 2 apply 4 ur ssn, dats wot almost everybody entryng dis country has been doin, nobody is sending anytin to you without applyng 4 it. Don't forget they have a thousand and one ppl vistitng their office to apply so I will advice u ask ur niece again if she got their message well.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 6:51am On Jul 21, 2013
pls house, what's d next step after d USCIS fee has bn paid and one hs gotten d receipt numba? because my money hs bn deducted n i'v gotten d receipt but notin yet again. for those dt av done theirs..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2013
[quote author=Remmy488]

For as much as I know concerning the issue of SSN, it's very important you go to Social security Admin 2 apply 4 ur ssn, dats wot almost everybody entryng dis country has been doin, nobody is sending anytin to you without applyng 4 it. Don't forget they have a thousand and one ppl vistitng their office to apply so I will advice u ask ur niece again if she got their message

This is a copy of the letter that was given to her and everyone who came with a stamp on their passport that day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.