Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176658 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by abiodunraufu: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Friends, what are the job possiblities for new arrival in Houston with B.A. in Philosopjy and M.Sc. in Political Science with more than 10 years journalism experience? Wifey has B.Sc. In Food Science & Technology. What jobs are open to her in Houston
Meanwhile, we have had our credentials evaluated by WES.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jollyiwin(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
penticom: Pls, am new in town. Any house member in Arlington or any where in Virginia?
Alington in Texas ? i live in Dallas
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 23, 2013
jollyiwin: Alington in Texas ? i live in Dallas
Great to meet a NLer based in Dallas. I plan moving to Houston in March but have been told the public transportation in Houston is a mess, is it thesame in Dallas? Are there more opportunities in Dallas compared to Houston? .
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Darhmee(f): 9:56am On Dec 23, 2013
Hi everyone.. pls I'll be immigrating to the US soon.. which phone do u think will be suitable there for me? samsung galaxy note or bb z10??
regarding cheap/affordable data bundle, call rates, and some other useful apps..

pls your experienced response will be highly appreciated. thnx and God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by TCPonly(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2013
Pipsland78:
You are too much sir/ma, thanks a million for providing the answers I seek. Hope you dont mind following you...

I want to believe you are based in the States based on your knowledge of the place.
Bro,I am a DV 2014 winner like you! Though,visa approved and planning leaving by febuary next year. The info was gathered here(nairaland).
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
TCPonly:
Bro,I am a DV 2014 winner like you! Though,visa approved and planning leaving by febuary next year. The info was gathered here(nairaland).
Oh that's just great! What part of the US are u planning moving to? I'm moving in March.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:40am On Dec 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]I don't live in Houston bro, but from a reliable source Houston is on the Top list of the 10 cities with low unemployment rate in US.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by TCPonly(m): 6:21am On Dec 24, 2013
Pipsland78:
Oh that's just great! What part of the US are u planning moving to? I'm moving in March.
Newark in NJ.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
TCPonly:
Newark in NJ.
Ok. I'm considering Houston in Texax, Jacksonville in Florida and Orlando also in Florida. My decision is driven by job opportunities, crime rate, tax rate, climate and natural disasters.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all my friends,God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by janut: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: I enrolled in a North Carolina community college. I don't have my green card bc I paid for it in October . They used the one resident in my visa for that and told me to bring my green card to replace it bc after one year my visa will expire. Then I applied for financial aid and it was approved. Another thing is that I only presented my waec result bc if I had given them my degree result I will not have qualified. This happened to a Nigerian student that I met here b4 they ratified it. I have about 3600 for one year. u also have refunds after the semester. It is on a yearly basis. u can also apply for scholarship when u finish your grants. study hard for your accuplacement test so that u don't have to do a lot of mathematics and readings. meanwhile am not a bro am a sis. good luck
Were u required to take a GED test or did your WAEC result make up for that?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Darhmee(f): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Darhmee: Hi everyone.. pls I'll be immigrating to the US soon.. which phone do u think will be suitable there for me? samsung galaxy note or bb z10??
regarding cheap/affordable data bundle, call rates, and some other useful apps..

pls your experienced response will be highly appreciated. thnx and God bless

someone should pls answer my question sad
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Darhmee:

My sister, what is obtainable here is quite different from those two brand you highlighted, telecom here is mostly on contract with free device like android or IP phone, bb ( not so popular anymore) among others. The price vary from $30-50/math depending on the capacity of your chosen phone.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Darhmee(f): 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

My sister, what is obtainable here is quite different from those two brand you highlighted, telecom here is mostly on contract with free device like android or IP phone, bb ( not so popular anymore) among others. The price vary from $30-50/math depending on the capacity of your chosen phone.

Thanks for the reply.. so what is ur advice? I shouldnt bother coming with both phones and get a new one there?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2013
Darhmee:

Thanks for the reply.. so what is ur advice? I shouldnt bother coming with both phones and get a new one there?

Darhmee come with it.........ur going to bowie,maryland right?............you can purchase a simple mobile sim and then get the 40$ a month plan which is suitable for both galaxy nd bb
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
[quote author=Darhmee]

Thanks for the reply.. so what is ur advice? I shouldnt bother coming with both phones and get a new one there?[/quote
You may not need to bother yourself with that for now, there are better stuff than those.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Darhmee(f): 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
nifty:

Darhmee come with it.........ur going to bowie,maryland right?............you can purchase a simple mobile sim and then get the 40$ a month plan which is suitable for both galaxy nd bb

Thanks so much for the reply.. thanks as well mr adesoji aderemi.. God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
abiodunraufu: Friends, what are the job possiblities for new arrival in Houston with B.A. in Philosopjy and M.Sc. in Political Science with more than 10 years journalism experience? Wifey has B.Sc. In Food Science & Technology. What jobs are open to her in Houston
What i noticed here in US is that they believe their education is the best and if you dont go tru it,you arent qualified for their lucrative jobs but that doesnt mean you shouldnt try some offers or vacancies you see around you. The best for your back to school for masters,MBA or maybe professional certification.All the best
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Pipsland78:
Great to meet a NLer based in Dallas. I plan moving to Houston in March but have been told the public transportation in Houston is a mess, is it thesame in Dallas? Are there more opportunities in Dallas compared to Houston? .
They are similar, Texas and most part of US requires you to have your own means to transportation. We rail roads in texas but you can only take them if they link you from work to home.Public transport in dallas is ZERO(to me ooo)you hardly see them.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gokman4u(m): 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
TCPonly:
Newark in NJ.
Am heading to Irvington NJ January ending.
What's your FB name or email address?
We need be in contact u knw.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 26, 2013
abiodunraufu: Friends, what are the job possiblities for new arrival in Houston with B.A. in Philosopjy and M.Sc. in Political Science with more than 10 years journalism experience? Wifey has B.Sc. In Food Science & Technology. What jobs are open to her in Houston
Seems you are in Ibadan, I'm.also in Ib...we need to hook up. Also planning on moving to Houston by March.
Are you on facebook? Inbox me pls.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 26, 2013
temmytanny:
They are similar, Texas and most part of US requires you to have your own means to transportation. We rail roads in texas but you can only take them if they link you from work to home.Public transport in dallas is ZERO(to me ooo)you hardly see them.
Ok, how do you move around if you dont have a car? I want to believe many people dont have their own car, how do they.get around?

Pls how rampant are crime and natural disaster over there?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
Darhmee:

Apple iPhone. you can get an android tablet to use by the side
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyidiyaagbayi: 1:27am On Dec 27, 2013
janut:
Were u required to take a GED test or did your WAEC result make up for that?
No, my waec result was okay for that.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gokman4u(m): 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: No, my waec result was okay for that.
Pls is NECO result also okay for that?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by exteababa(m): 3:27am On Dec 29, 2013
gokman4u:
Pls is NECO result also okay for that?
my broda, do GED and save your future.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2013
Has anyone signed up for Obamacare?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by janut: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
exteababa:
my broda, do GED and save your future.
Please can youexplain more why the need for GED.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by fancywendy(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2013
daddykelly: hello guys, its been a long time though..been busy with work and at times feel lazy logging in here.my apologies...america has been favorable to me came in here june 15th got a job july and on the process of joining the united states navy....the military is one of the best option of an immigrant(under 34 years) it got a lot of benefits attached...citizenship in less than a year instead of 5 years as a greencard holder...free housing...free college tuition via the G.I bill which you can transfer to your dependents if you dont wanna use it....nice pay adjusted annually....less combat(navy,airforce)...retirement benefit if you wish to serve for 20 years or more......based on contract e.g 4,5 or 6 years which give u an opportunity to leave if you dont like it...more employment preference in the civilian world after service....clothing allowance...the pride of the uniform...opportunity to see the world.....it just full of benefits,i planned studying nursing while in the military and upgrading as an officer after the degree...the citizenship time frame is so so awesome because you dont have to wait for too long to access that.....am through with my medical processing waiting to pick a job in the navy!!!...see ya later. winkhello guys, its been a long time though..been busy with work and at times feel lazy logging in here.my apologies...america has been favorable to me came in here june 15th got a job july and on the process of joining the united states navy....the military is one of the best option of an immigrant(under 34 years) it got a lot of benefits attached...citizenship in less than a year instead of 5 years as a greencard holder...free housing...free college tuition via the G.I bill which you can transfer to your dependents if you dont wanna use it....nice pay adjusted annually....less combat(navy,airforce)...retirement benefit if you wish to serve for 20 years or more......based on contract e.g 4,5 or 6 years which give u an opportunity to leave if you dont like it...more employment preference in the civilian world after service....clothing allowance...the pride of the uniform...opportunity to see the world.....it just full of benefits,i planned studying nursing while in the military and upgrading as an officer after the degree...the citizenship time frame is so so awesome because you dont have to wait for too long to access that.....am through with my medical processing waiting to pick a job in the navy!!!...see ya later.
My cousin is a paramilitary officer and he as gone through some military training in here in Nigeria,is also one of the 2014 Dv winner , so is interested in working over there as Navy or military officer but His concern now is that is 35years old. He needs advice.@ DADDY KELLY and from other experienced people living in the state.
Happy New years in Advance .
Rgds.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by hituneu: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
merry xmas and a happy new to you guys,greetings from boston,usa
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 2:26am On Jan 01, 2014
A happy new to you all,greetings from New York,USA

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by remkay2012: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to all Forumite from Michigan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.