Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,566 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

"Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... (4525 Views)

Is Ford Escape A Good Car / Brand New Ford Focus 2014 Transmission Overheating / I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
Look at these pictures... I bought a "brand new" car for not less than 5M from a local representative of a famous US car manufacturer. I later came to notice (9 days after delivery) some rust in the car interior, under the driver's seat.

The dealer "worked" on it and "fixed" the issue but 4 months later the same place rusted again. I did a deeper check and realized that the place I noticed before was just a little part of a more serious problem. Other places were more corroded than the first one, making me conclude that the car was in that bad state before being sold to me !
I urged the dealer to replace the car as I was unacceptable that they could have sold me that car to me. But of course, they refused...

We are still discussing to agree on the conditions acceptable by th 2 parties to settle this matter but It's very painful forme as I feel cheated...The dealer doesn't not even accept the fact that he is wrong in this situation. The Manufacturer too is not concerned about this unpleasant situation I go through.

Things may end up like that for me but I want all of you that are reading this thread, you pass the message accross to all your parents, friends, coleagues... so that they can be aware of tricks played by car dealers to sell their mess !!!

For more details, you can reach me on 08074737928

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by sultaan(m): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
I hope you know some dealerships were flooded in the US recently and all those cars ended up at auctions, hope you didn't get one.

What year/brand was it and please post vin # so people can check for you you may have to go to court if its an undisclosed flood salvage.
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 10:33am On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Man ! My car is a FORD ESCAPE 2012 bought from Coscharis VIN 1FMCU9D75CKA40382. More pics...

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2012
Wow. That car's definitely been submerged in water. My Audi A4 Quattro is rust-free, and it's 17-years-old. That's more than surface rust, totally unacceptable on a new car.
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Dizzybizzy: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2012
A very sad experience...
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2012
This is by the hand-break side....

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
Under the front passenger seat...

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
the back seat

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Corroded nuts in the boot...

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
Here's what I came up with:
VIN number 1FMCU9D75CKA40382
Region United states
Factory / Manufacturer Kansas City: Claycomo, MO
Mark Ford
Model Maverick 2007
Year 2011
Doors 5-door
Engine 1200 cm3
Fuel Type Petrol
Serial Number A40382

Sultaan is very probably right. Very fraudulent to say the least. In so far as that car was not sold as it came out from the factory it ceases to be brand-new.
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by omosexy1: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
Oga inform your lawyers to write them. Coscharis is too big for this nonsense. It is a brand name and should be able to compensate for issues like this. Address the letter to Cosmas Maduka (the CEO) and include a date for them to revert to you. If no response, sue them to court for damages.

1 Like

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by larrhy: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks omosexy1 for your advise. I involved a lawyer...but nothing came out from it. I am not sure I will go to court as it could be a long process which implies money and involvement. What if I lose this fight ? Justice of men is sometime something else...
Let me use Nairaland as a tribune (Big Up to NairaLand !!!) to warn every Nigerian on how wicked can be these cars dealers.

On this last pix, one of the tyres I found already patched when one day I had a flat tyre !

Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Dizzybizzy: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2012
shocked
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by webmaster3: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wow, i will advise you to send these pictures to Cosharis and request for a replacement,sue them if they fail to replace the car.
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
Dizzybizzy: shocked
Stranger than fiction.
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by sultaan(m): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
There are systems in place to prevent that car from rust I'm not sure what happened here.
N5m is a fair price for the car considering duty and shipping.If odometer more than 300mile it might b used

I believe its a 4wd and I hope it came with the mft Touch system, you'll enjoy it
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Aare1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
@ OP What happened to this car?

Did you get a replacement ?
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by sultaan(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
If you can please update on this purchase
Re: "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... by Femtopford(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2015
This isn't a brand new, if you look at the pictures critically, you will observe as if the whole vehicle was immersed into water half way for days or months to the extent of those corrosion, probably salty water. So no doubt about it, it is a flooded car. As far as am concerned, American Ford motors corporation /Motorcraft manufacturer will never involve conspiracy of such a low status.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 / How Much Is Honda Accord 2004 (EOD) 4 Cylinder Engine! / ABS: Nigerian Interpretation And Misuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.