Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos (12430 Views)

Eight-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive To Lassa Fever In Gombe / Late Dr Adadevoh's Younger Sister Tests Positive To Ebola, Hospitalized / A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by charlsecy4(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
chaircover: Why am I not surprised? Infact it still wouldn't surprise me if the figure was 10 fold at iyana Iba or Egbeda alone
I fear drivers for that area I swear! The way they drive in that area you will think every single danfo driver is high on dry grass! But all the same that doesn't warrant for arrest haba!
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by fm7070: 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Have they tested all the danfo drivers in Lagos?
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by jude33084(m): 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
SlyIg: SPACE FOR SALE PLS!

How much do U̶̲̅ sell τhe space between τhe,...lipsrsealed grin
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Zi: 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
Everyday, we just hop in and out of these commercial cars without any knowledge of who the driver is, what his physical, mental, physcological state of health is. Sometimes we hardly notice the colour of the vehicle not to talk of if the car has an engine or tire fault, or something just wrong with the car! Some of us private car owners even go to the extent of dragging lanes with them! angry angry
There is undoubtedly a supernatual hand sheilding and protecting us from all the mishaps we are prone to on daily bases!
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by jude33084(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
garripack: [size=30pt](441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos)

WAT A JOKE BIG JOKE THE DOCTORS ARE JOKING DAT TOOK DAT TEST...BIG JOKE

Cocaine NA GARRI I LAFF [/size]

Cocain is τhe most common thing in Lagos(Ikeja, Lekki) ΆŋԂ Warri(Alaka), then Benin(Ogiefa house). undecided

Pls don't ask ♍e hoe I know wink
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by cold(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Okija_juju: So!! How do they do the testing?! Being found positive for Marijuana or cocaine is not an offence the last time hecked, but rather possession is.. So the police would be stopping people at random and taking blood samples or what?! This is rubbish at its finest.. Alcohol you can check using the breathelizer machines, but cocaine requires blood testing, blood testing requires consent or a warrant.. How would the government also stop hypertensive drivers?! Does fashola know that even cough syrup is a harzardous drug for drivers?! So how would the police know the difference between a visually impaired driver and a well sighted driver?!
our leaders can sabi reason like plumbers sometimes..

Oga please do not exhibit your naivety here.Who tell you say cocaine tests require only blood samples?Abi na under rock you dey live ni?

[b]Drug drivers may think that just because they pass a test for alcohol they will be off the hook. This is not the case because the police can also prosecute a driver who is unfit through drugs and there are various ways they can detect and prove the offence.
One specific test the police may use is the Field Impairment Assessment. It can be administered by trained officers at the roadside and is based on an observation of impairment, rather than a biological test. Police use five field impairment tests which are simple to complete if the person is not affected by any substance – but difficult if they are.

Before doing the FIA test, one of the first things the police can check is the effect drugs have on eyes. They have a pupil measure at their disposal if needed.
The most obvious effect of cannabis is that it causes the blood vessels in the eyes (and elsewhere) to become larger. The police will also notice a bloodshot appearance.
Taking ecstasy significantly enlarges the size of pupils (mydriasis).
The short-term physiological effects of cocaine include constricted blood vessels and enlarged pupils.
All of these signs are obvious for the police to spot, but they are not the only thing that will give the drug driver away.
The five tests are:
The Pupil Measure Test. Examination of the driver's eye pupil size, condition and reaction to light.

The Romberg Test. This test assesses the subject’s balance and judgement of time. The subject is asked to tilt their head back slightly, close their eyes and estimate the passage of thirty seconds.

The Walk and Turn Test. The subject must walk heel to toe along a straight line, counting their steps out loud and looking at their feet while doing so.

The One Leg Stand Test. The subject must stand on one leg while counting out loud.

The Finger to Nose Test. With the head tilted slightly backwards and eyes closed, the subject must touch the tip of their nose with the tip of their finger with the hand indicated by the officer.

If the police believe the driver was driving whilst unfit through drugs, they will arrest them at the roadside and take them down to the police station where they will be examined by a doctor, who can take a blood test.[/b]

berem: I fear drivers for that area I swear! The way they drive in that area you will think every single danfo driver is high on dry grass! But all the same that doesn't warrant for arrest haba!
Driving under the influence doesn't warrant arrest?Are you s*itting me?
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by mcevans1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
chaircover: Why am I not surprised? Infact it still wouldn't surprise me if the figure was 10 fold at iyana Iba or Egbeda alone

Hahaha! Exactly my thought! Drivers @long Iyana Iba down to Iyana -Ipaja r crazy! Their mouths ooze like rotten corpse mostly in the early hours after drinking several packs of dry gin and paraga.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Agimor(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Lagos state is definitely a work in progress,only a matter of time it will turn to a mega city.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by cold1: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
I cannot for the life of me, fathom why my status was hidden and my handle banned.Moderator can you please have the decency to tell me where I erred cuz I never said anything untoward or is this a carry over agro?
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by cold1: 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ok,edited.No wahala
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by member479760: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva: Hmmm...are they gonna jail or deport these ones too?

Jail and deport ofcourse.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by uyilicious(f): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
its is really bad i tell you, especially the okada riders. Na only GOD they save person.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Wow! They have to be prosecuted anyway!
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by 360command: 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
jude33084:

[B]Cocain is τhe most common thing in Lagos(Ikeja, Lekki) ΆŋԂ Warri(Alaka), then Benin(Ogiefa house). undecided

Pls don't ask ♍e hoe I know wink[/B]

I will not bother myself on asking you HOW, NDLEA is coming for you soon.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
cold:

Oga please do not exhibit your naivety here.Who tell you say cocaine tests require only blood samples?Abi na under rock you dey live ni?

[b]Drug drivers may think that just because they pass a test for alcohol they will be off the hook. This is not the case because the police can also prosecute a driver who is unfit through drugs and there are various ways they can detect and prove the offence.
One specific test the police may use is the Field Impairment Assessment. It can be administered by trained officers at the roadside and is based on an observation of impairment, rather than a biological test. Police use five field impairment tests which are simple to complete if the person is not affected by any substance – but difficult if they are.

Before doing the FIA test, one of the first things the police can check is the effect drugs have on eyes. They have a pupil measure at their disposal if needed.
The most obvious effect of cannabis is that it causes the blood vessels in the eyes (and elsewhere) to become larger. The police will also notice a bloodshot appearance.
Taking ecstasy significantly enlarges the size of pupils (mydriasis).
The short-term physiological effects of cocaine include constricted blood vessels and enlarged pupils.
All of these signs are obvious for the police to spot, but they are not the only thing that will give the drug driver away.
The five tests are:
The Pupil Measure Test. Examination of the driver's eye pupil size, condition and reaction to light.

The Romberg Test. This test assesses the subject’s balance and judgement of time. The subject is asked to tilt their head back slightly, close their eyes and estimate the passage of thirty seconds.

The Walk and Turn Test. The subject must walk heel to toe along a straight line, counting their steps out loud and looking at their feet while doing so.

The One Leg Stand Test. The subject must stand on one leg while counting out loud.

The Finger to Nose Test. With the head tilted slightly backwards and eyes closed, the subject must touch the tip of their nose with the tip of their finger with the hand indicated by the officer.

If the police believe the driver was driving whilst unfit through drugs, they will arrest them at the roadside and take them down to the police station where they will be examined by a doctor, who can take a blood test.[/b]

Driving under the influence doesn't warrant arrest?Are you s*itting me?

Sobriety test.. Nice one..
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by omoobajeje1(m): 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
k2039: [size=14pt]Lagos is setting the pace.
It is a step in the right direction in restoring sanity to road transportation in the state.
The rate of road mishaps will reduce drastically with this development.
[/size]
Are u sure? Why can't Fashola start D̶̲̥̅̊ process frm within? Are u y can't Fashola start dis from D̶̲̥̅̊ police and later extend it 2 D̶̲̥̅̊ state house of representative? And 2 D̶̲̥̅̊ whole Alausa including D̶̲̥̅̊ so called LASTMA
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by sayitout1: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
...well its a good step towards orderliness but I still don't believe the report is 100% correct.

Are they telling us there are no responsible people driving?;

They are always looking for ways to estort money from the once struggling to survive. Every thing in Lagos is about the government's collection or imprisonment treat.

Even if this was to be 100% true, how do you expect these guy to be normal when it is obvious that the system on ground is working against them.

The government uses both the uniform touts and agboro to estort (all sorts of levies) from them;

expects them to pay taxes without any encouragement or source of making the money;

always available to inpound their vehicles for no concrete reason and same government wants these guys to be normal?

Talking about drugs, the government is not even ashamed to say such a thing. How did these drugs get to their hands?

That means adequate security is not in place and you want things to b normal.

...I hate it when I see the govenment frustrating her people just to estort money while they can't even play their own basic role.

Do we still have people who speaks the voice of the masses?

Na wa o.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by wandeay: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
oyb: believe me, this is not funny

drunk driving is a major cause of accidents and their fallout - people maimed, people crippled, people killed.

i am fully in support of criminalization of driving under the influence
did you 4get to add bad roads, pls go to Lagos-Benin-Ore road, you wil knw bad road is the major cause followed by wat we are debating on
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by coogar: 11:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
Okija_juju: So!! How do they do the testing?! Being found positive for Marijuana or cocaine is not an offence the last time checked, but rather possession is.. So the police would be stopping people at random and taking blood samples or what?! This is rubbish at its finest.. Alcohol you can check using the breathelizer machines, but cocaine requires blood testing, blood testing requires consent or a warrant.. How would the government also stop hypertensive drivers?! Does fashola know that even cough syrup is a harzardous drug for drivers?! So how would the police know the difference between a visually impaired driver and a well sighted driver?!

our leaders can sabi reason like plumbers sometimes..

being found positive to cocaine or marijuana is an offence if you are driving! you cannot drive under the influence!
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by 190theclown: 12:21am On Sep 27, 2012
JB789: Ikoyi prisons must be warming up for overpopulation by now. Kirikiri prisons will become a tourist site, especially if they catch 190. Fashola may build more prisons, just like Lucky Dube sang:
"They will build no schools anymore, all they 'll build will be prison prison"

grin grin grin
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 27, 2012
I believe it's time to test Nairalanders . . . .

First runner up. . .Okija juju
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:45am On Sep 27, 2012
Abeg,make I first ask, molue still dey lagos ?
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by udemzyudex(m): 5:20am On Sep 27, 2012
abeg how much them they sell cocaine?

How them wan test them?

Abeg the guy just dey find way to delete okada frm lagos since he didn't win the case in court....

Yeye dey smell
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by fortyfeet(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2012
No wonder the numerous accidents on both our good and bad roads.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Odunnu: 7:16am On Sep 27, 2012
Just 441? The records keeper should be sacked! We have tons of them who drive under the influence of something.
Oh well, maybe they meant to say only 441 were found clean.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by fortyfeet(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2012
wandeay:
did you 4get to add bad roads, pls go to Lagos-Benin-Ore road, you wil knw bad road is the major cause followed by wat we are debating on
A lot of roads are bad, agreed. But bad road can only make a slow moving vehicle fall if tilted or stuck in a pit but not run into people or other moving or stationary vehicles when you are a bit careful. I stand to be corrected.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by DECOtech(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2012
garripack: [size=30pt](441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos)

WAT A JOKE BIG JOKE THE DOCTORS ARE JOKING DAT TOOK DAT TEST...BIG JOKE

Cocaine NA GARRI I LAFF [/size]
Don't mind the bloody fools. they asked me to touch a piece of paper-like film which they fed into one useless portable machine. the machine started beeping a positive signal. I don't even know what a tobacco plant looks like talkless of cocaine and the brother. they asked me if I smoke and I said no,the officer had to observed my lips to be convinced that I had said the truth then they let me go.

Their test machine is one cheap china contraption. Nigerians will always come to public to make a fool of themselves with "fake" facts.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by fortyfeet(m): 7:33am On Sep 27, 2012
udemzy_udex: abeg how much them they sell cocaine?
How them wan test them?

Abeg the guy just dey find way to delete okada frm lagos since he didn't win the case in court....

Yeye dey smell
Olada riders make so much money, i mean so much, they only don't know how to manage it. I assure you they can affod to buy cocaine to their satisfaction.
They can be tested as illustrated already by cold and the passengers will have to be patient as it is to their best interest.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by fortyfeet(m): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2012
DECOtech:
Don't mind the bloody fools. they asked me to touch a piece of paper-like film which they fed into one useless portable machine. the machine started beeping a positive signal. I don't even know what a tobacco plant looks like talkless of cocaine and the brother. they asked me if I smoke and I said no,the officer had to observed my lips to be convinced that I had said the truth then they let me go.

Their test machine is one cheap china contraption. Nigerians will always come to public to make a fool of themselves with "fake" facts.
A "fact" cannot be fake. It is either untruth, ie fake or truth, ie fact.
Re: 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 27, 2012
Have they purchased the kit for testing expired kunu?

It is more dangerous than cocaine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Woman With The World's Tightest Vagina (PHOTOS) / COVID-19 Update For February 1 2021 In Nigeria / Chinese Man With Coronavirus Symptoms Collapses In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.