Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? (3766 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Sex With And Without Condom In Terms Of Joy / Difference Between SEX And ROMANCE / Difference Between Sex And Love Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
I was just arguing with my home boys the other day if there is any correlation between sex and poverty among men and the other guy said that the correlation is there and positive because for some guys in a bid to avoid casual sex or fornication may enter into early marriage and this would reduce their growth due to the fact that he'll have to be taking care of himself and the woman now and possibly expecting a baby compared to if the woman was not there. This does mean the presence of the woman in the house may reduce him to poverty but then slows it growth rate especially financially. The other person then said he can never venture into early marriage especially as a young man who is still aspiring in life but rather prefers casual sex maybe once a while which is still under fornication just to keep him going since he can't abstain completely. To me I think this is still wrong because casual sex in itself has a way of cutting a man short. But that's by the way! My main contention was that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing…". That means, saying in other to avoid fornication and hence jumping into early marriage could inhibits one's progress or bringing in poverty of some sorts should actually be an understatement based on the above scripture reference. So what's your own stance on this? What's your advice or contribution bordering these three terms: sex, poverty and growth esp for a young man who is still trying to get big in life? Are you in support of total abstinence, casual sex or early marriage and ending up struggling in it or the quoted scripture above would definitely takes effect and shoot the man into prosperity?
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
nonsense, as a single man would still go out and meet women (thus spend money)

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Mynd44: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
^^
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
eyenCalabar: I was just arguing with my home boys the other day if there is any correlation between sex and poverty among men and the other guy said that the correlation is there and positive because for some guys in a bid to avoid casual sex or fornication may enter into early marriage and this would reduce their growth due to the fact that he'll have to be taking care of himself and the woman now and possibly expecting a baby compared to if the woman was not there. This does mean the presence of the woman in the house may reduce him to poverty but then slows it growth rate especially financially. The other person then said he can never venture into early marriage especially as a young man who is still aspiring in life but rather prefers casual sex maybe once a while which is still under fornication just to keep him going since he can't abstain completely. To me I think this is still wrong because casual sex in itself has a way of cutting a man short. But that's by the way! My main contention was that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing…". That means, saying in other to avoid fornication and hence jumping into early marriage could inhibits one's progress or bringing in poverty of some sorts should actually be an understatement based on the above scripture reference. So what's your own stance on this? What's your advice or contribution bordering these three terms: sex, poverty and growth esp for a young man who is still trying to get big in life? Are you in support of total abstinence, casual sex or early marriage and ending up struggling in it or the quoted scripture above would definitely takes effect and shoot the man into prosperity?

While advocating that today ladies should try & be conservative & more realistic with today's economy situation & be patient with guys, it is irresponsible for any young man to venture into marriage without being financially capable.

Now, I want to make reference on Adam in the Bible. God first created him, Adam, placed him on the garden of eden & Adam began to flourish therein & had everything from food & meat (which are the wealth then) in abundance, & then God saw that he was always lonely when he returns back from either farming, gardening or hunting & decided to create Eve for him.

So to say, Adam was very much financially ready before God sent him Eve, which simply means that u as a guy ought to be physically, emotionally, spiritually & then financially/materially ready & buoyant to support a family before thinking otherwise.

Whoever chose the opposite is only placing his chances of making it in life under luck. So go out there, work hard in the positive direction, live a morally upright life, don't be envious of successful people like your mates or neighbors or relatives, etc, pray sincerely & desire success & surely u will succeed. After that, u can then look for a girl to establish an enviable home with, or if u have a very good friend already that u trust, then check her up, & discuss marriage with her & if she sees your vision, partner with her than fronting woman first, cos surely it will affect your success speed, forget the fact that some people made it doing that, don't follow the bandwagon!

Lastly about premarital sex, please flee from it with all your heart. Whoever tells u that its not achievable to live without sex is only but a liar trying to lure u into his immoral/wayward lifestyle so as to feel less guilty or regret.

Definitely premarital sex has a negative impact on the lives of youths. Some youths would have been Michael Jackson, but becos they refused to let go of this premarital sex, they ended up being Daddy Shoky. Thats just the truth, it depletes the blessing & favours of a man, try total abstinence & track/record your achievements thereafter & compare it yourself. Goodnight.

9 Likes

Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Goldieluks: 4:29am On Sep 28, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:10am On Sep 28, 2012
@MrBrownJay
That means there is a correlation btw sex and poverty but then the married guy is save from committing fornication compare to a single man.

@DailyNews
Your comment still support the fact in question but then give rise to some questions:

What happens to a guy at 40 who is still not able to stand firm. Are you saying he should still continue alone till he makes it big before going after a woman especially knowing that the urge for sex is natural?

How can you advice a young man that have tested the 'forbidden fruit' already to stay off and remain focus till the right time comes?

Are you also in some way saying women are epitome of doom?
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2012
eyenCalabar: @MrBrownJay
That means there is a correlation btw sex and poverty but then the married guy is save from committing fornication compare to a single man.

@DailyNews
Your comment still support the fact in question but then give rise to some questions:

What happens to a guy at 40 who is still not able to stand firm. Are you saying he should still continue alone till he makes it big before going after a woman especially knowing that the urge for sex is natural?

How can you advice a young man that have tested the 'forbidden fruit' already to stay off and remain focus till the right time comes?

Are you also in some way saying women are epitome of doom?

Firstly, fornication is a sin against the body that indulges in it & all sins comes with rewards, thats it.

Secondly, women are not epitome of doom pls, but if we are realistic, women require some kind of special attention/commitment, which tends to involve time, materials & emotion, which indirectly affects the progress of a man.

The other question sounded so pathetic my dear, but the reality remains that a man requires a good financial ground to go into marriage, else it maybe difficult with the trend in the world today.

Finally, I refuse to accept that a man at 40 cannot resist the urge for intimacy, or that once a man tests intimacy, he can never let go again. All those are mere presumption without facts to back them up.

Nice critics...

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 28, 2012
^^^^ bro, if they both have to spend money on women, then how can you say that their financial status has anything to do with their sex life?! please try to make some sense. is spending money the new reason for poverty?!

FIRST you said that if a man get married then it will stop his growth because he has to take care of a wife.....so i told you that the money a married man spend on a wife, is the same as the money a single man would spend on a gf.

SECOND you said that the presence of a wife "may" reduce a man to poverty, and i am telling you that OF COURSE, just like it MAY NOT. there is a 50% chance for that depending on who that person is and why they got married. just like buying a car MAY bring him to poverty, or having a hobby like shopping sprees etc MAY bring him to poverty, or having expensive tastes MAY bring him to poverty.

THIRD you said a single man fornicating may also have slow growth because of sex, and i am saying that yes it could, just like it COULD NOT. the fact that you automatically take these possibilities as facts against poverty (when many become richer AFTER they do the above mentionned) is your fail of the day.

there is absolutely NO CORRELATION between sex and wealth.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by queensmith: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2012
^^ haha go and sit down somewhere, you are obviously not talking from a scientific point of view, sexual activity is increased with the poor and uneducated. It can be classified as one of those 'poor decisions' made when you have no education.

@topic thats a good questions, let us investigate.

http://www.sxpolitics.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sida-study-of-poverty-and-sexuality1.pdf

http://www.eurojournals.com/ejss_15_1_11.pdf

its harder to find articles that talk about wealth and sex, i can imagine there isn't an incetive to investigate such since we don't know rich men to go about spreading deadly diseases- an obvious indicator that shows wealthy men probably aren't as sexually orientated. You are probably most likely to use sex for stress relief if you are poor. But i am curious to know about the topic so i'll probably spend the weekend researching into it abit more (the things i waste my time on smiley

There is A DEFINITE correlation between sex and poverty.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
^^^^ funny girl.....we are talking about SEX being a factor as to why many become(stay) poor, while you are talking about poor people having more sex, lol!
the OP talked about the actions of POOR people vs RICH ones, not uneducated ones, so pls stick to the subject instead of bringing irrelevant links.
a RICH uneducated person will make the exact same mistakes as a poor one, duh! (unless fo course you think that you have to be educated in order to be rich)
i think you should stick to the subject at hand, OR REREAD THE OP's first post.

here are the important questions for you:
- do poor people's sexlives have any impact on their wealth?
- would their wealth be different if they didnt have sex?
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by 190theclown: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
Rotfl at someone been micheal Jackson
And ending up been daddy shokey because of sex
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by tobechi74: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
Yes, d more u saaaex,d richer u become. E.g solomon had over 800 wife and cocumbine. He waz veri rich
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by queensmith: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
the OP talked about the actions of POOR people vs RICH ones, not uneducated ones, so pls stick to the subject instead of bringing irrelevant links.
a RICH uneducated person will make the exact same mistakes as a poor one, duh! (unless fo course you think that you have to be educated in order to be rich)

officially the dumbest thing i've ever read on this forum,
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
MrBrownJay and DailyNews, i'll be back for u both esp MrBrown. Let me gather more intelligence pls. This issue needs to be dealt with critically and not just making assumptions.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
^^^^ bro, we have to use OUR BRAINS instead of BS statistic that are irrelevant to the subject at hand.
now, unless someone can bring up CONCRETE research made by relevant organisation, then we can only talk about what we see and understand from life. so let us all use our BRAINS (unless yours is not functioning at its full potential) and discuss the matter.

so here are the important questions that you should ask yourself:
- do poor people's sexlives have any impact on their wealth?
- would their wealth be different if they didnt have s.ex?

queensmith:
officially the dumbest thing i've ever read on this forum,

here is your saturday morning education:
many people are rich AND uneducated (thanks to lottery win, inheritance etc) and these people will make the EXACT same mistakes in life as poor uneducated people would (suddenly having money will NOT make them smarter).
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by MrsChima1(f): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
When have sexx become Wall Street
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
@Mr.BrownJay
Brother, see I knew bringing up a topic such as this would spark controversies but then we have to argue it like learned people and yes constructively –No abusive language anymore! Let’s think critically on this and again with maturity. Firstly, we must understand the meaning of the word: correlation and from dictionary.com –1. mutual relation of two or more things; 2. Act of establishing a connection or state of being so connected; and 3. Degree to which two or more attributes or measurements show a tendency to vary together. So from any angle you may look at it, I think there is a correlation between sex and poverty.

Let me impress this on your mind, imagine that man who loves sex so much that he once had it unprotected with a LovePeddler and ended up contacting HIV/AIDS. Now, he himself doesn’t know till he got his wife infected with the virus and still both of them never knew until the man felt sick and went visiting a doctor. A test was carried out and HIV was diagnosed positive on him. The doctor then advice that the wife must be tested also and the wife was also found positive. Now, the battle for HIV/AIDS has begun. For fear of stigmatization, they had to relocate from their home to another city trusting their business in the hands of the children. The children not even being sincere and responsible pound on their business and within a short time, the business capital has drastically reduced. This cannot be blamed on the children alone but couple with the fact that the parents were also surviving on proceeds from the same business. Now tell me, no matter how big the business was, won’t it come to a closed even in a short time considering the caliber of people that has been managing it and the amount of money taken out on daily basis to cater for two HIV/AIDS patients? What would you say is the cause of this man’s business failure and hence poverty setting in now?

You see, I am not generalizing that people’s sexlives should be hold responsible for their poverty lives BUT THEN sex has a way of reducing great men to poverty and hence it correlation with it. We don’t need to be told by professors on this very issue please. I have personally done research on what sex have caused men atleast around my part of the world and I can even generalize it to the world at large to be it No. 1 problem and enemy.

My problem right now is not realizing this correlation but how to tame our sexlives. Do you know that so many girls around the world today are possessed with evil spirits because of sex without even knowing it? But let that be another day’s discussion .

@DailyNews
You can’t just tell me that a man can stay away from sex just like that after testing it please. Do you know the ‘sweatness’ in having sex? Do you know that sex urge arouses in one in a way you can’t naturally control it? So tell me how to tackle these so that that man at 40 who has been waiting because of low life and at the same time has been fighting with the flesh to continue waiting till things get better rather than jumping into a struggling married life just to avoid casual sex. Give me tangible solution to avoid it. Substantial facts to fight sex.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2012
eyenCalabar: @Mr.BrownJay
Brother, see I knew bringing up a topic such as this would spark controversies but then we have to argue it like learned people and yes constructively –No abusive language anymore! Let’s think critically on this and again with maturity. Firstly, we must understand the meaning of the word: correlation and from dictionary.com –1. mutual relation of two or more things; 2. Act of establishing a connection or state of being so connected; and 3. Degree to which two or more attributes or measurements show a tendency to vary together. So from any angle you may look at it, I think there is a correlation between sex and poverty.

Let me impress this on your mind, imagine that man who loves sex so much that he once had it unprotected with a LovePeddler and ended up contacting HIV/AIDS. Now, he himself doesn’t know till he got his wife infected with the virus and still both of them never knew until the man felt sick and went visiting a doctor. A test was carried out and HIV was diagnosed positive on him. The doctor then advice that the wife must be tested also and the wife was also found positive. Now, the battle for HIV/AIDS has begun. For fear of stigmatization, they had to relocate from their home to another city trusting their business in the hands of the children. The children not even being sincere and responsible pound on their business and within a short time, the business capital has drastically reduced. This cannot be blamed on the children alone but couple with the fact that the parents were also surviving on proceeds from the same business. Now tell me, no matter how big the business was, won’t it come to a closed even in a short time considering the caliber of people that has been managing it and the amount of money taken out on daily basis to cater for two HIV/AIDS patients? What would you say is the cause of this man’s business failure and hence poverty setting in now?

You see, I am not generalizing that people’s sexlives should be hold responsible for their poverty lives BUT THEN sex has a way of reducing great men to poverty and hence it correlation with it. We don’t need to be told by professors on this very issue please. I have personally done research on what sex have caused men atleast around my part of the world and I can even generalize it to the world at large to be it No. 1 problem and enemy.

My problem right now is not realizing this correlation but how to tame our sexlives. Do you know that so many girls around the world today are possessed with evil spirits because of sex without even knowing it? But let that be another day’s discussion .

you see, this is where you are completely off the wagon..... Sex is not the reason for this man's shortcoming, his STOOPIDITY is. Just like he could have gambled it all at the casino...... Because where I come from, what you wrote is called momentary insanity.

Sex was NOT the problem, his STOOPIDITY was, because we can all conclude that if he was WISE enough, then he would have used a condom and he would have had no problems, so SEX is not the issue here, his dumb action of not wearing a condom is.

Sex was just a tool to his demise, and it could have equally been alcohol, a defective car, a high spending wife or simply a thieving son with a drug addiction.

Again, you can give me thousands of examples of what stoopid people do, and I would equally give you thousand more of what SMART people do.
So, unless you have something constructive to say on the subject then Bring it on because right now you haven't said anything, as we certainly shouldn't give a damn about what stoopid people do in their lives.

A smart man A) wont cheat and B) if he has the unfortunate need to do so, will certainly protect himself.

But hey, if you want to judge life by what stoopid people do then fair enough. I guess (if we all think like you do), then there would also be a correlation between cars and murders since many murderers used their cars to go murder someone, duh!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Pimples(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2012
I believe everything in life is related. And as mr brown said u can smartly control your actionssmiley but the area I do not understand is a poor man having 9-11 children that he can hardly feed how much more train. Where as a wealthy man might have just 2 children. A wealthy man is always having meetings, travelling on business and so has little time 4 sex sometimes up to the point of his spouse cheating on him
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Pimples(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
in all it is God that blesses with wealth.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
Lol @ MrBrown. I commend ur mood here bro. But then i'll be back. Don't think you've won.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
Pimples: I believe everything in life is related. And as mr brown said u can smartly control your actionssmiley but the area I do not understand is a poor man having 9-11 children that he can hardly feed how much more train. Where as a wealthy man might have just 2 children. A wealthy man is always having meetings, travelling on business and so has little time 4 sex sometimes up to the point of his spouse cheating on him

That tells u something about what am trying to bring to the fore.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
Pimples: I believe everything in life is related. And as mr brown said u can smartly control your actionssmiley but the area I do not understand is a poor man having 9-11 children that he can hardly feed how much more train. Where as a wealthy man might have just 2 children. A wealthy man is always having meetings, travelling on business and so has little time 4 sex sometimes up to the point of his spouse cheating on him

The issue is very simple:
If you are claiming that poor people shouldn't have many children then I will ask you WHY? As far as THEY are concerned, they CAN care for many children, and many have succeeded (whether poorly or not). Having many children "could" simply be to make sure that there will be someone to take care of that said poor man/woman when they get to old age.

Also, having lots of children was (and still is) a sign of prosperity to some (let alone a sign of being virile)......

We need a diverse society where each and everyone lives the lives they choose for themselves, rather than having them living like follow-follow copy-copy sheeps.

Each and everyone should decide how many children they want, and raise them the best they can. If anyone believes that only rich people should have big families then many of you would probably not be here today.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by eyenCalabar(m): 12:01am On Oct 04, 2012
@MrBrown
I was trying to set an instance how the urge for sex could hamper a man’s growth and you said the problem of the very man in our discussion here was stuupidity and you also said people should be allowed to have any number of children they wish. Let me tell you, many in this world today are regretting ever coming. They are blaming their parents why they brought them to this world knowing fully well they won’t be able to cater for them.

But then, let’s establish some facts:

(a) the reason we are so many is because of sex (e.g. 150 million people in Nigeria).
(b) more than 70% of the total population in Nigeria are living in poverty.
(c) they are families with more than 10 members.
(d) the parents in such families in most cases cannot afford them education hence, 5 in these 10 may not be going to school.
(e) out of this 10 members in (b) above, 3 may be male at the age bracket of 27—30 and wanting to settle down and establish their own family.
(f) out of this 10 members in (b) above, 5 may be female between the age bracket of 15—20 and would have loved to get married because of hardship in the family and in the quest to do that forces themselves into a relationship with a man.
(g) there are families with like 2—3 members doing very well.

We would both agree that one word common to all the items stated above is sex. It means in those families, those parameters depend largely on sex. Again, we can’t rule out some elements of stuupidty in all of these items. For instance,
In (a) only stuupid people in a country could allow their population rise like that.
In (b) only stuupid people could live in poverty when they are others living in wealth.
In (c) only stuupid parents could allow their family size grow that big.
In (d) one can say that it only stuupid parents could not afford their children education in this age.
(e) you can say that its only stuupid guys who could think of getting married without coming out of poverty first.
In (f) you can say only stuupid girls could be thinking of getting married at such age bracket; and finally
In (g) you can say that its only a stuupid man that could allow his family size to be that small.

So at a point you may see that almost everybody would fall into this wagon. And this should tell you that STUUPIDITY was not the problem but lack of SEX EDUCATION. Am not saying that things don’t relate or another thing could not be a cause for a man staying in poverty but sex is one thing that plays a major factor in this and hence telling it to the world. So the correlation between these two is very strong and positive.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by gsl001: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Poverty and wealth are energy states. Poverty is a state of low energy. Wealth is a state of high energy. Sex usually involves the depletion of huge amounts of energy. Such depletion of energy would lead to lesser amounts left in reserve for eventual conversion to other forms of energy such as happiness and wealth. Are we advising against fornication? Note we said usually. To indulge and expect to enjoy a topping up of energy is very rare and would only occur for 1 in a 5 000000 people. But we should always bear in mind the important role sex plays in the universe and not ever regard it as something repulsive. For the more we think like that, the more we become ensnared into becoming its slave, rendering us condemned to poverty in its many forms.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by stevecantrell: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
The broke-est guys have the most sex IMO. As long as they're having it the women just as broke as they are. You can visit the Projects in Queens, NY to verify.
Re: Is There Any Correlation Between Sex And Poverty Among Men? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
steve_cantrell: The broke-est guys have the most sex IMO. As long as they're having it the women just as broke as they are. You can visit the Projects in Queens, NY to verify.
Not always...there are some rich dudes that have more sex than the broke guys....take for instance, late Cuban president and the owner of Playboy mansion....they both confessed to have slept with above 500 different women cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Annoying Things About Guys Ladies Don't Like / See What This Kids Are Doing In Class... #pic / My New Babe Want Me To Give Her 30 Thousand Naira. Advise Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.