Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Long Should One Be Engaged? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should One Be Engaged? (749 Views)

How Long Should Good Sex Last(photos) / How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Networkmaster(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
This engagement of a thing, we hardly know which is for real or not.
You see a pretty, charming decent girl you like and admire she tells you she is engaged to another guy and that makes back-off.

Guys often keep ladies on suspense, promising to marry them and majority of such promises are never successful.
That hurt cos' due to the time wasted, people don't get younger.

Now, that brings me to this question, how long should an engagement last before the couples take the bold step
towards marriage?
I do really hate it when guys occupy the heart of beautiful innocent ladies while their are more serious guys dying
for the lady and ready to grab them if only they can forget those time killers who might have brain washed lies.
Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Gracious10: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
I honestly think this is an issue that should be sincerely addressed by the male and female folks respectively. In r/ships people tend to act being on the same page when they are directly opposite. My jaw drops when people have been in a r/ship for 10yrs, I wonder if its really love or r/ship of convince.
Most claim, the have to know their partner very well, that I agree but is it really necessary owing to the fact that most prolonged "am engaged" r/ships often ends in "am single again".

It's really worrisome that years, time spent and resources went down the drain. IMO, r/ships /engagements shouldn't last more than 2yrs without proper bearing. Am sure a man knows what he wants within this space of time, prolonging these things gives opening for unnecessary distractions. People tend to be more serious when they are committed than when a man keeps saying "we are just digging it" or we are learning ourselves, I wonder if it takes 10 yrs to carry over a course repeatedly cos to me, its carry over method. Meaning whenever the man makes up his mind, he considers to re-visiting what he doesn't understand and most times it takes that long to understand.

In conclusion, 2yrs and he's still booting, time to let go. As for him, he can't wait forever but for a lady, there's no time. It's not an act of desperation, its being able to manage your time and as well adore urself with respect and principles. While you wait for the right person, engage in meaningful things. There lots of ideas to be discovered, wealth to cultivate. The power of a woman is not on what a man can do for her but what she can do for herself. And who knows while u are busy adding to the world, Mr right who hates carry over may be at the corner praying to have you for life.

And to all the men, who haven't figured out themselves, its very terrible to get into a r/ship. Make sure you know what you want. No come dey waste other people time when you know you have no bearing. I don talk finish smiley
Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
OK
Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by kpozite(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
well as long as it takes to know the person you are with. I think one can advice him/herself especially for them ladies listen not only to the words but also to the actions too and God helping you, you will know where your relationship is heading. But as for relationships for the sake of courtship someone once said and I quote ''10 countries are easier known than the heart of some men'' so you can date, court for as long as you like and at the end of the day hidden undesirable characters start manifesting when it is too late to reverse. So pray to God that you meet the right person and don't rely on your ability.
Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Networkmaster(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gracious10: I honestly think this is an issue that should be sincerely addressed by the male and female folks respectively. In r/ships people tend to act being on the same page when they are directly opposite. My jaw drops when people have been in a r/ship for 10yrs, I wonder if its really love or r/ship of convince.
Most claim, the have to know their partner very well, that I agree but is it really necessary owing to the fact that most prolonged "am engaged" r/ships often ends in "am single again".

It's really worrisome that years, time spent and resources went down the drain. IMO, r/ships /engagements shouldn't last more than 2yrs without proper bearing. Am sure a man knows what he wants within this space of time, prolonging these things gives opening for unnecessary distractions. People tend to be more serious when they are committed than when a man keeps saying "we are just digging it" or we are learning ourselves, I wonder if it takes 10 yrs to carry over a course repeatedly cos to me, its carry over method. Meaning whenever the man makes up his mind, he considers to re-visiting what he doesn't understand and most times it takes that long to understand.

In conclusion, 2yrs and he's still booting, time to let go. As for him, he can't wait forever but for a lady, there's no time. It's not an act of desperation, its being able to manage your time and as well adore urself with respect and principles. While you wait for the right person, engage in meaningful things. There lots of ideas to be discovered, wealth to cultivate. The power of a woman is not on what a man can do for her but what she can do for herself. And who knows while u are busy adding to the world, Mr right who hates carry over may be at the corner praying to have you for life.

And to all the men, who haven't figured out themselves, its very terrible to get into a r/ship. Make sure you know what you want. No come dey waste other people time when you know you have no bearing. I don talk finish smiley

Hey, you said it all. Many thanks for the great comment.
Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Networkmaster(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
kpozite: well as long as it takes to know the person you are with. I think one can advice him/herself especially for them ladies listen not only to the words but also to the actions too and God helping you, you will know where your relationship is heading. But as for relationships for the sake of courtship someone once said and I quote ''10 countries are easier known than the heart of some men'' so you can date, court for as long as you like and at the end of the day hidden undesirable characters start manifesting when it is too late to reverse. So pray to God that you meet the right person and don't rely on your ability.

You can never know completely the mind of a man or woman, trying to wait till you know your partner completely
might take forever.
Marriage is God's own institution for us to grow in. Men, should take the bold step if they believe they are ripe for marriage and can take up the responsibilities and in
other hand, ladies should learn to make the load easier for the man to carry by helping out during the marriage preparation and letting him know you believe in him and in the long run
and not just what you see at present.
Trying to marry an already made man is often the cause of all these delays. Men should learn to back off if they are not ready.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Networkmaster(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
kpozite: well as long as it takes to know the person you are with. I think one can advice him/herself especially for them ladies listen not only to the words but also to the actions too and God helping you, you will know where your relationship is heading. But as for relationships for the sake of courtship someone once said and I quote ''10 countries are easier known than the heart of some men'' so you can date, court for as long as you like and at the end of the day hidden undesirable characters start manifesting when it is too late to reverse. So pray to God that you meet the right person and don't rely on your ability.

You can never know completely the mind of a man or woman, trying to wait till you know your partner completely
might take forever.
Marriage is God's own institution for us to grow in. Men, should take the bold step if they believe they are ripe for marriage and can take up the responsibilities and in
other hand, ladies should learn to make the load easier for the man to carry by helping out during the marriage preparation and letting him know you believe in him and in the long run
Trying to marry an already made man is often the cause of all these delays. Men should learn to back off if they are not ready.
Re: How Long Should One Be Engaged? by Gracious10: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
Networkmaster:

might take forever.

I like the Back off word, sincerely time wasters never tell u they are on an adventure. And YES, ladies should contribute in r/ships, all that golddigger attitude is be-littling. Waiting for a perfect man is like waiting for a time bomb. You never knwo what's in this "perfect package".

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys; How True? / Do you see any thing wrong in marring a woman from a broken Home? / Before You Say "I Do" My 2 Kobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.