Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) (2013 Views)

Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by amdman: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Am planning a road trip for wifey and myself from Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra. The trip will be for the last two weeks in the month of October. I will be doing the driving and would not mind adding another couple to the team. Holla me here if you you like to join.

I will also appreciate tips of what to bear in mind for trips such as this as this is my first trip to the mentioned cities.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by Obinnau(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
am really interested pls how much will it cost only me?
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by warrior01: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
amdman: Am planning a road trip for wifey and myself from Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra. The trip will be for the last two weeks in the month of October. I will be doing the driving and would not mind adding another couple to the team. Holla me here if you you like to join.

I will also appreciate tips of what to bear in mind for trips such as this as this is my first trip to the mentioned cities.
E be like say you dey look for people to kidnap; pls, we don't want another Cynthia's story. If you insist on looking for prospective victims, pls try the next website as we are not ready to lose anyone here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by amdman: 11:34am On Sep 30, 2012
Obinnau: am really interested pls how much will it cost only me?
Obinnau: am really interested pls how much will it cost only me?

Am looking at sharing fuel and other vehicle maintenance costs which are estimated to be N50,000.

Whats your age range (25 - 35) and do you know how to drive (particularly SUV)?
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by amdman: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2012
warrior01:
E be like say you dey look for people to kidnap; pls, we don't want another Cynthia's story. If you insist on looking for prospective victims, pls try the next website as we are not ready to lose anyone here. Thanks

On a general note, one cannot be too careful in view of the risks of social media. But paranoia is something else... and that will completely rob you of your adventurous spirit. I have considered this and will carefully choose who I eventually take along. Will confirm addresses both home and office, meet at least a family member etc. Mine will also be available for confirmation.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by Obinnau(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by ifyalways(f): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
I hope you know about the border fees and duties on your car? Its not as easy as you think oh, especially @ aflao border.

Why waste 50K when young shall grow and co would take you to Accra for 10K or less? Btw, there's pratically nothing to "see" or "tour" on that route.(cotonou-lome-accra)
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by EfemenaXY: 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2012
warrior01:

Now this is the funniest response I've read so far today!

grin grin grin
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by coogar: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
warrior01:

you are too sensitive!

1 Like

Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
If Gendarmes hold you for Hilacondji
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by doctokwus: 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
Doubt if u are married(apologies if u are) because ur wife won't allow dis kind of trip,crossing borders in your own car,navigating customs& usually unfriendly gendarmes.Whc arrangement av u made concerning hotels& u seem to av dis mistaken impression dat u just need to fuel ur car& vroom u cross countries,its far more complex I assure u
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by EfemenaXY: 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
doctokwus: Doubt if u are married(apologies if u are) because ur wife won't allow dis kind of trip,crossing borders in your own car,navigating customs& usually unfriendly gendarmes.Whc arrangement av u made concerning hotels& u seem to av dis mistaken impression dat u just need to fuel ur car& vroom u cross countries,its far more complex I assure u

Lol @ Vroom, vroom!! grin grin

Sounds like a romantic journey abeg. Only problem I see here is @poster's need to include strangers with them. If na me be wifey, I nor go gree.

Unless they're running away from something, then don't embark on the journey if you haven't got enough money jor.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by ifyalways(f): 8:13am On Oct 01, 2012
dayokanu: If Gendarmes hold you for Hilacondji
hehe. Ori eja. Spoken as a confirmed "wakabout" lol
Seeing is believing.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by amdman: 6:26am On Oct 02, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Lol @ Vroom, vroom!! grin grin

Sounds like a romantic journey abeg. Only problem I see here is @poster's need to include strangers with them. If na me be wifey, I nor go gree.

Unless they're running away from something, then don't embark on the journey if you haven't got enough money jor.

It is a romantic journey for wifey and I. Main reason for wanting to include a stranger is not really financial but to prepare for any eventuality where I may not be in a position to drive or need help with the car.

1 Like

Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by amdman: 6:32am On Oct 02, 2012
dayokanu: If Gendarmes hold you for Hilacondji
doctokwus: Doubt if u are married(apologies if u are) because ur wife won't allow dis kind of trip,crossing borders in your own car,navigating customs& usually unfriendly gendarmes.Whc arrangement av u made concerning hotels& u seem to av dis mistaken impression dat u just need to fuel ur car& vroom u cross countries,its far more complex I assure u

Am married and we are both adventurous and want to see othe West African countries. We have scheduled stopovers at Cotonou and final destination is Accra... and there are lots of hotels at both locations. Be rest assured that arrangements made exceed just fueling the car (that's the least)... but you see that why am here to find out if there other things I have not thought of.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by amdman: 6:33am On Oct 02, 2012
Obinnau: am 18 can drive but not perfectly

Sorry to say that you do not meet our criteria.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2012
Well People do it so I see no reason why you can't , go on if you so desire.

Don't forget your international passport ,everyone in the vehicle should have one.

Apart from cash it is better you have some e-access to your bank should incase anything happen.

Don't dress too extravagant to feel comfortable and make sure you have another good driver with you.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by tpia5: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
warrior01:

weird fellow, right.
Re: Family Road Trip - Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra (who Wants To Join?) by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
tpia, Lets go for a road trip

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are D Pros & Cons Of Marrying An Only Son (1st Child) In A Family Of Five / Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? / Why Are Some Father's So Wicked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.