Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,728 members, 7,827,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! (3439 Views)

Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Throw Back Picture Of Odimegwu Ojukwu And Wife Stella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2012
Lets be sincere with our selves, d war was one dat shudnt av been fought in d 1st place, its a wrong and premature one, but due to d arrogance and low wit of ojukwu he dtermined to take his whole tribe through fire, what Awolowo did in d war was what any person in hid shoes wud av done, i.e u dont expect foods or gifts from ur enemy during wartime remember the Trojan war and d greek gift....
however during d war and d obvious starvation and malnutrition dat lead to death of so many biafrans especially children, how many pple died in ojukwus household and dat of his officers? none cos dey were well fed and okay, they simply hoard food.
now why did achebe had to wait till ojukwu passed on before publishing this book, dont get me wrong, i respect dis man he is my model, but he has been known to be a tribalist more or less even a rascist to be sincere( prove me wrong). the biafra experience was a dream, a bad one, everyone involved on it has bad tales to tell today, why shud it all now count on what he remembers and thinks he needs to share?
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2012
Have you read Prof. Achebe's memoir? Why is this forum filled with re.tards?! Some of the issues you raised have been flogged to death on this forum. There was never a time during the war when Biafra requested for food aid from Nigeria! Nigeria did not feed Biafra during the war! Nigeria deliberately prevented the supply of foods and relief materials to the Biafra women and children from the Aid agencies! Starvation as an instrument of war has been outlawed worldwide even before the start of the 2nd world war. Awolowo could have done bette in his capacity! Yoruba lame attempts at justifying that shameful act will continue to form bad blood between the two tribes for generations to come. Starvation is a war crime! I bet that you are in your hyper-tribalistic mood because an excerpt from the memoir painted Awolowo in a rather compromising picture. Pls read the memoir first.

2 Likes

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
no need to read dis so called memoir if u all tribalists think it has some things to reveal... nada, accept it u failed and shud move on instead of bickering over a lost cause...... yes u begged for food, all d aids were been hijacked by rebel soldiers and didtributed to ibos of influence so Awolowo has to stop that..... an ibo man wud av done so too if the tides were turned..... there was neva a country called biafra...
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by nku5: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
@ OP - answer me sharp sharp! How is chinua achebe a tribalist?

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
lol have u eva read any of his works? u will knw he got no goodwill for this entity called nigeria, and if u dont knw, he was d mastermind behind the 1st millitary coup usually attributed to kaduna nzeogwu..... he is as well a rascist
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit: lol have u eva read any of his works? u will knw he got no goodwill for this entity called nigeria, and if u dont knw, he was d mastermind behind the 1st millitary coup usually attributed to kaduna nzeogwu..... he is as well a rascist

Have you read his masterpiece, "The trouble with Nigeria"?

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
ACM10:

Have you read his masterpiece, "The trouble with Nigeria"?
so u as well agree he is tribalist, he aint the only one who got or knows d problem with nigeria, wole soyinka does and has neva talked about breaking away, he even fought against it and was imprisoned.
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
I checked on your profile. Omo, you look like a malnourished boy from the famine affected areas of East Africa. You know, when you are a loser in life, you tends to hate more. I'm well aware that frustrated folks like you tends to embrace tribalism to mastu.rbate their fantasy. Sorry my dear. Do deserves our pity.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
you see ur life? must eveyone look chubby to please u, can u see dat u r so mentally ill? wat has my looks got to do wit my mental ability? u see u hve no case? so u want an easy way out by attacking my personality (typical).
inbred.
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by jidestar: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Achebe should drop all this biafra talk dat is not the type of writer he is.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
You are not making sense. You accused Chinua Achebe of tribalism but failed to come forth with proof to support your comment. How is he a tribalist? I can see that engaging you is just like engaging a log of wood. Your anaemic self has affected your reasoning. Treat your malnutrition and anaemia before coming to the public forum to debate.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
jidestar: Achebe should drop all this biafra talk dat is not the type of writer he is.

See, there is a difference between a memoir and a book. You guys are plain stupld! He published his memoir. You expect him not to publish his memoir for the fear of offending folks like you? No! He is brave and never afraid to air his opinion. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
ACM10: You are not making sense. You accused Chinua Achebe of tribalism but failed to come forth with proof to support your comment. How is he a tribalist? I can see that engaging you is just like engaging a log of wood. Your anaemic self has affected your reasoning. Treat your malnutrition and anaemia before coming to the public forum to debate.
slowpoke
he was a tribalist cos he initiated the 1st millitary coup which eventually led to the unreasonable war which he supported and wasted many lives....... do u read anytin ata ll apart frm igbo essays? retard go ask ur father
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit:
slowpoke
he was a tribalist cos he initiated the 1st millitary coup which eventually led to the unreasonable war which he supported and wasted many lives....... do u read anytin ata ll apart frm igbo essays? retard go ask ur father

How did he initiate the first military coup? undecided I guess your malnutrition is complicated with mental derangement.
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
ode, see u , nw u dont even knw, did u even read a man of d people? so u think all d idea where dat of kaduna nzeogwu? do u even knw he schooled in Ibadan and who were his contemporaries? most of those who took part in d coup and d war dat followed..... why am i even lecturin u fool
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit: ode, see u , nw u dont even knw, did u even read a man of d people? so u think all d idea where dat of kaduna nzeogwu? do u even knw he schooled in Ibadan and who were his contemporaries? most of those who took part in d coup and d war dat followed..... why am i even lecturin u fool

How did he initiate the first military coup? undecided Answer me f00l!
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
My criticism forced you to change your profile pix. Hehehehe. grin grin grin grin grin I have the former pix with me.

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
ACM10: My criticism forced you to change your profile pix. Hehehehe. grin grin grin grin grin I have the former pix with me.
so?
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by Dede1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
It distorts my mental balance when I hear certain screwballs attempt to equate the idea of disintegration of Nigeria to act of tribalism. The best to happen to people who presently occupy the acreage called Nigeria is to go their separate ways. A simple call to have international airline operators in Nigeria to fully utilize the resources in airports other than Lagos and Abuja turned into tribal contest.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dede1: It distorts my mental balance when I hear certain screwballs attempt to equate the idea of disintegration of Nigeria to act of tribalism. The best to happen to people who presently occupy the acreage called Nigeria is to go their separate ways. A simple call to have international airline operators in Nigeria to fully utilize the resources in airports other than Lagos and Abuja turned into tribal contest.
bro i feel u, am not against breaking up, currently we serve no purpose togeda, bt some pple just want to go because dey r not producin presidents.... is dat enuf reason? look at some breakaway republics today, d sudans they aint doin well so to say.
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit:
bro i feel u, am not against breaking up, currently we serve no purpose togeda, bt some pple just want to go because dey r not producin presidents.... is dat enuf reason? look at some breakaway republics today, d sudans they aint doin well so to say.

You are a damn reetard! You keep throwing careless assertions without any evidence to back it up. Were you born this way or did you acquire it along the way?
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
ACM10:

You a damn reetard! You keep throwing careless assertions without any evidence to back it up. Were you born this way or did you acquire it along the way?
how old r u?
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by ACM10: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit:
how old r u?

Is that a substitute for mental paucity? undecided
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by MrGlobe(m): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit:
will you stfu with your ignorance. Biafra wants to break away because we have no similarities nor identity with moslem abokis and confused amala (christian/moslem) Yoruba people. you can have your presidency.

why not concentrate on your amala eating contest and quit starting threads you know nothing about

4 Likes

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2012
on whose side did ojukwu fought durin d 1st millitary coup? hausas(N.A) or igbo(coupists)? he fought to keep d country together but later fell out cos he felt cheated, yes or no?
one of d reasons ojukwu was at loggerheads wit d fed govt was cos gowon was his junior, true or false? which means he very much wanted to become d next head of state if brig ogundipe wont be....
he made himself biafran warlord but fear for his life cos pple like banjo, ifeajuna, alale, agbam, kaduna are around, did he get rid of dem or not?
the nigeria he once fought to unite and later to divide cos he was shortchanged, he later wanted to rule( power freak?), if yorubas r d only corrupt nigerians, what facilitated his(ojukwus) rapid promotion among d rank and file of the N.A do u own it to his education? aint it cos of his fathers wealth? yes or no?
How did ojukwu later came to recover all his properties in lagos after d war inspite of d former biafran populace? if yorubas are thieves n d most corrupt, why did it happen, yet u pple say yorubas gained economically durin and after the war? dont always be tribalistic in thinking, war aint fair and will never be.
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by asha80(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit: on whose side did ojukwu fought durin d 1st millitary coup? hausas(N.A) or igbo(coupists)? he fought to keep d country together but later fell out cos he felt cheated, yes or no?
one of d reasons ojukwu was at loggerheads wit d fed govt was cos gowon was his junior, true or false? which means he very much wanted to become d next head of state if brig ogundipe wont be....
he made himself biafran warlord but fear for his life cos pple like banjo, ifeajuna, alale, agbam, kaduna are around, did he get rid of dem or not?
the nigeria he once fought to unite and later to divide cos he was shortchanged, he later wanted to rule( power freak?), if yorubas r d only corrupt nigerians, what facilitated his(ojukwus) rapid promotion among d rank and file of the N.A do u own it to his education? aint it cos of his fathers wealth? yes or no?
How did ojukwu later came to recover all his properties in lagos after d war inspite of d former biafran populace? if yorubas are thieves n d most corrupt, why did it happen, yet u pple say yorubas gained economically durin and after the war? dont always be tribalistic in thinking, war aint fair and will never be.

signs of the failed educational system in nigeria.guy just let it rest rather than exposing your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

will you stfu with your ignorance. Biafra wants to break away because we have no similarities nor identity with moslem abokis and confused amala (christian/moslem) Yoruba people. you can have your presidency.

why not concentrate on your amala eating contest and quit starting threads you know nothing about
imbe
u want to break up cos u have no common identity wit hausas and yorubas, what a life, were u born? or dragged outta ur mum?
do u knw how many number of tribe and culture that make up USA? UK? india? china?
see? imbe like u, i wonder whos ur village chief.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
asha 80:

signs of the failed educational system in nigeria.guy just let it rest rather than exposing your ignorance.
oponu
make a point, bring it on, r u scared?
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by 9jaIhail(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Is this Op normal? Where did you got the crap that Biafra beg Nigeria for food? this is a typical low life Yoruba.For your information Nigeria blocked all the means food and war materials used to come into Biafra land.Today Bianfrans and Ojukwu has been vindicated the evil seed your grand fathers sowed just to win a war over Biafra by blessing Cameroun with bakassi, now Bakassi people are on the receiving end while you and your Yoruba lineage are there in the southwest smiling. May the great amadioha cut off your head and make you fingers leprosy so that there would be no fingers for you to type craps again. FOOL.

1 Like

Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Is this Op normal? Where did you got the crap that Biafra beg Nigeria for food? this is a typical low life Yoruba.For your information Nigeria blocked all the means food and war materials used to come into Biafra land.Today Bianfrans and Ojukwu has been vindicated the evil seed your grand fathers sowed just to win a war over Biafra by blessing Cameroun with bakassi, now Bakassi people are on the receiving end while you and your Yoruba lineage are there in the southwest smiling. May the great amadioha cut off your head and make you fingers leprosy so that there would be no fingers for you to type craps again. FOOL.
vagabond
so u mean u gave d oil rich bakassi to cameroon to despise d yoruba nation?
ode ni e o, last time i checked it happened durin obasonjos regime and hes a yoruba man..... do u read at all?
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by asha80(m): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
illicit:
oponu
make a point, bring it on, r u scared?

to be honest i'll rather engage a sheep in an argument that engaging you.
Re: About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! by illicit(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
asha 80:

to be honest i'll rather engage a sheep in an argument that engaging you.
yea ofcourse, why not, why wont u talk to sheep?
is ur father not a RAM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters / Biography Of Atiku Abubakar / Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.