Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped (10571 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Chieftain, Rivers Commissioner Kidnapped - -VANGUARD / Buhari's Government, Police Commissioner Kidnapped / Bayelsa State Commissioner Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Holyrule(m): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ughelli — Delta State Commissioner for Higher Education, Prof. Hope Eghagha, has been kidnapped. His security aide was killed in the process, while his driver, who was hit by bullet, is receiving medical attention at an undisclosed hospital.

Vanguard gathered that the commissioner was abducted at Abavo, Sunday, on his way from Warri for the 52nd independence anniversary thanksgiving in Asaba, the state capital.

A reliable source told Vanguard that the official Prado jeep of Prof Eghagha, riddled with bullets of the suspected kidnappers, was abandoned alongside his mobile phones.

The source, who pleaded anonymity, said the suspected kidnappers were yet to establish contact with Eghagha's family.

Confirming the incident, state Police Public Relations Officers, Mr. Charles Muka, said the suspected kidnappers trailed Prof. Eghagha from Warri in a Toyota Camry car.

Muka said the armed men intercepted the official vehicle, shooting indiscriminately into the car, killing the police aide,

Mr. Innocent Odah, a police Sergeant, and sped off with Prof. Eghagha in their car. He said the police was on top the situation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210010835.html
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by GARRIx7(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
If a mother says her child will not sleep, she herself will not sleep.. When our leaders make the country hard for the common man, they themselves will never know peace!!

God Bless Oluwaseun Osewa (+MukiSweety)!
God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Delta State!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!!

All Bad leaders...DIE! DIE! DIE!
God Bless ME!!!!!!!
AMEN... grin

4 Likes

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Holyrule(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):
If a mother says her child will not sleep, she herself will not sleep.. When our leaders make the country hard for the common man, they themselves will never know peace!!

God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Delta State!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!!

God Bless ME!!!!!!!
AMEN... grin
hahaha... My brother this ur prayer na wah oh.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Independence day present. cheesy

I thought Dokubor and Tompolo said kidnapping will stop in that region

But not so. Ransome money too sweet grin
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Delta State!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!!

God Bless ME!!!!!!!
AMEN... grin

Rofl

back to topic hmmmn but killing that police Sergeant would trigger the police to start an intensive investigation
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
haaa they left his phones to avoid tracking. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by sizzlers(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2012
Holyrule:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210010835.html
i love you. God bless me also
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
illitrate: haaa they left his phones to avoid tracking. angry angry angry

Those guys are very Sharp.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by PresGEJ(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2012

What is going on in this country?!?

This pressure is too much o! I may end up joining Patience in Germany very soon!

Haba! Wetin nao?! Una wahala too much for dis country sef. MSHEW!

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by bblacky(f): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dat one na small mata Kidnapp no b news no more
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by sizzlers(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
But these guys bad shaa! Lets know how much the commissoner worth. I think 100 milla too small cus money de delta, na so so oil money dem de share but may de no kill am o! So dat e go live to testify the badness of evil doing
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by mike404(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
But not so. Ransome money too sweet
Omo ransome money dey sweet no be small o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by barnabyjames: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Delta State!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!!

God Bless ME!!!!!!!
AMEN...

That is being Garrulous of this fellow, kidnap is nothing to joke with, pray it never comes ur way...
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by gbadexy(m): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
I hope the commissioner was abducted and not assassinated.
Why would the kidnappers shoot indiscriminately into the vehicle, weren't they worried that their victim could have been hit and their operation abandoned ?
Like they say, the guts comes with the glory. Politicians enjoy huge benefits and huge risk too.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
the govt in all levels of nigeria is very wicked n heartless, hence, such crime will attract praise instead of condemnation. too bad
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Shaw007(m): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
Huhnhun!!

I only feel sorry for his security and driver. . .d man himself,No no,though i'm not praying he's killed,i won't give 2 sh*ts if he is. . .we'v had our share of corrupt leaders in this country. . .even though he might not be corrupt but aren't most of them?
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Dotman01(m): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
They want their independent gift from the govt.
It's Independence Day. Lets proudly
wave our Nigeria flags...Made in China.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by dasparrow: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
@Post

Hmmmm, na wa o. So kidnapping has not stopped in Delta State?
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by mrperfect(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sad for the state.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by dridowu: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
This space is for sale

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by mamasy: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
habaa/ dr. hope isnt such a corrupt person,,,
he was my english lecturer back in d days at university of lagos and was disciplined.. well, as at back in the days..
and he is extremely cute for his age... grin
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Delta State!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!!

God Bless ME!!!!!!!
AMEN... grin
men, you no normal o. I beg carry go. All na dividends of bad leadership. No be only the masses go enjoy am.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
wow. soup don land for the kidnappers. they'll value the man to be worth over N200 million and would demand a ransom of N50million

grin
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by garripack: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
[size=30pt]AND YOU SAID LET US CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE RUBBISH BIG RUBBISH THATS THE KIND PEOPLE DOS KIDNAPER SHOULD BE GOING AFTER NOT INNOCENT STRUGLLING NIGERIANS[/size]
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by tellwsdom: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
Please they should just kill him, let me rest sad

1 Like

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Booty4me: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
blame Gej lipsrsealed
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nwunuken(m): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Delta State!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!!

God Bless ME!!!!!!!
AMEN... grin
yeye person
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by LesbianBoy(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
PRESIDENT JONATHAN:
“Our commitment to the fight against corruption is second to that of America’s commitment. We are very committed to it and everybody knows.”

Culled from this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1062309/worshippers-mock-jonathan-church-service

Now can those of you supporting Jonathan see that he is a "REAL COMEDIAN!".........If you disagree then why did this happen lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by doctokwus: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ah,dis nigerian reporters self,how cud d robbers av shot indiscriminately& yet got only d adc& driver,are dey magicians?Loose use of words without understanding d meanings or d context it shd be used.
@topic, factors of poverty,insecurity,corruption& abject display of such ill gotten wealth coupled wt d december season are prime motivating factors for d such crimes
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
When kidnapping a public figure becomes a thing of joy,then it shows the lost of confidence in our leaders,they've made the country worst for common man,they should be ready to face the wrath of the people..I wish IBB,ABACHA's family,obasanjo and Goodluck's family are all kidnapped.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
Yomieluv: When kidnapping a public figure becomes a thing of joy,then it shows the lost of confidence in our leaders,they've made the country worst for common man,they should be ready to face the wrath of the people..I wish IBB,ABACHA's family,obasanjo and Goodluck's family are all kidnapped.
Re: Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped by mrkels(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
Good, look at how poor the state is? They should kidnap all of them self! Mtcheeew including the governor, they said ibori was bad but he developed the state, what has this malam of a governor done for delta state since he entered office? I wish he was the one kidnapped and not this commisioner undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Starts Dismantling Its Plane 'graveyard' / Ondo 2016: ‘Bola Tinubu Prefers Me But I Wasn’t Imposed’ – Segun Abraham / Sultan Says Nigeria In Hard Times, Urges Muslims To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.