Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service (28007 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / President Jonathan At RCCG Camp Today Meets APC VP Prof Osbanjo(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
Christian worshippers at the National Christian Centre in Abuja today mocked and laughed at President Goodluck Jonathan when he described his government as second only to the United States of America in its commitment to fighting corruption.

The President was speaking during the church service, during which several of his ministers, advisers, women organisations, political apologists, chairmen of commissions, and former Heads of State Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo were in attendance.

“Our commitment to the fight against corruption is second to that of America’s commitment. We are very committed to it and everybody knows.”

As soon as he said this, members of the congregation looked at him incredulously and began to chuckle and laugh, as if they had just heard the punch line to a new joke.

But his appointees and friends tried to save the moment by clapping. It was unclear whether they were clapping for the joke, or in cheers, but a senior member of the government who spoke anonymously with our correspondent after the service, said Jonathan was merely deceiving himself.

“Who does not know that this government is weak when it comes to fighting corruption? I think Jonathan is deceiving himself and not Nigerians,” he said smiling.

During the service, the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, told the President and members of his cabinet to treat members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect as terrorist, wondering why the government was treating them with kid gloves.

Meanwhile, President Jonathan is to celebrate the 52nd anniversary of Nigeria’s Independence inside the presidential Villa.

It was learnt that the reason for this, as was the case last year, is to avoid a recurrence of the October 1, 2010 bombing in Abuja where several bombs exploded while President Jonathan and foreign dignitaries gathered at the Eagles Square to celebrate the event.

Coming ahead of his address to the nation tomorrow on the occasion of Nigeria’s 52nd anniversary as an independent nation, President Jonathan’s statement about his commitment to combating corruption seems certain to lead to a new round of jokes among Nigerians.

Asked to comment on the statement today, a New York based analyst simply described himself as “FHLA.” Asked the meaning of that, he said, “I am Fighting Hypocrisy Like the Americans.”

It would be recalled that last Monday at a conference of the Nigerian Institute of Management in Abuja, President Jonathan told Nigerians he is now ready to fight corruption with everything at his disposal.

“My administration will fight corruption and associated social vices until they are exterminated from our body polity,” he said, opening the conference.

He then left for the United Nations General Assembly, where the American press promptly identified his delegation as one of the most financially reckless, his Pierre Hotel suite alone costing Nigeria $10,000 per night. The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, occupied suites in two different hotels, one at the Four Seasons Hotel for $5,000 per night; and the other at Mr. Jonathan’s hotel for $3,000 per night.

Reporting on Nigeria’s squandermania, America’s National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), said, “Nigeria’s delegation is keeping five vehicles parked outside the Pierre Hotel where the cheapest room is about $800 a night – or roughly what most Nigerians earn in two years."

A SaharaReporters investigation found that the NNPC delegation actually rented a total of 10 limousines in New York for its seven visiting officials, at a daily cost of $1,800 per day. It was five of those vehicles that NBC found idling at Pierre.

“If Mr. Jonathan is going to ‘fight corruption and associated social vices until they are exterminated’,” a Nigerian newspaper columnist said today, “he is going to have a very large battlefield, and also a lot of opportunities for Nigerians to laugh at a bad joke.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fighting-corruption-americans-worshippers-mock-jonathan-church-service

14 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by ben4ever(m): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sighs! Shakes head.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by nonoski: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
Grand Comedian Of the Federal Republic (GCFR)

80 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
f(u)cking rettard

5 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Sunofgod(m): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
GEJ get jokes shaa . . . . he kinda reminds me of a backward 'Idi aAmin'
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
His facial expressions by themselves are a mockery grin
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2012
lol
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Daewoods(m): 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Country of Jokers.
*Meanwhile this space has since been sold*

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
For a Nigerian leader to openly say this on returning from a lavish trip in New York city, more worse in the pulpit of the lord, is absolutely shameless, sort of fruit of ignorance our leaders demonstrate. This only tells you the level of his thought process.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by ebamma(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
Our Jona who art in Aso
Rock,Clueless is thy
Name,thy Income
come,let your Cassava
bread be given to us as it
is in Aso Rock,Give us our
garri, our daily bread,And
forgive us who call you
Retardeen, As you forgive
Patience who tresspass
against English,And lead
us not into kidnapping,
but deliver us from
kidnappers,For thine is
Aso Rock ,Okupe and
Abati,forever and ever,
Amen

48 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by hardywaltz(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
Clown........
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 12:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Even in the house of God, the retardeen is a Joke in the eyes of the saints.

4 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by snowdrops(m): 12:01am On Oct 01, 2012
ooseven: I thought worshippers only focused on God in church. Since when did political analysis become part of church service??

Comments like this make me wonder why Seun did not create a "dislike" button in addition to the standard like one.

34 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 01, 2012
Me sef don laff tire for here! grin

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 01, 2012
nonoski: Grand Comedian Of the Federal Republic (GCFR)
now dat got me laffin..jus lyk his sycophant praise singers who are OLE OLE OF NIGERIA(OON).

8 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem: Even in the house of God, the retardeen is a Joke.
I was actually waiting for your comment! GEJ don suffer for NL I swear! grin

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Jerie(m): 12:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Jona...! It is better to have a brain and have no shoes, than to have a multitude of shoes and no brain. You have made it clear to the world that Dame is a reflection of your reasoning. By the way, Dame, get well soon.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by gbadexy(m): 12:06am On Oct 01, 2012
This man no dey respect himself, he opens himself to ridicule with his comments.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by doctokwus: 12:06am On Oct 01, 2012
If indeed its true he said dat after U.S.A,nigeria is fighting corruption d most(Sincerely i seriously doubt this despite SR many scoops in d past),it means d man takes d position of president of nigeria to be a joke,where u can behave any way dat pleases u,talk without any thought processing& go to bed wt no cares in d world.
I wait for an independent verification of his exact statement concerning govt's efforts on corruption,not d congregation's reaction,bc if it turns out true,there is a lot to b sed about such disregard of both facts on d ground& d position of d president

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by bizgynbala(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2012
I'm not suprised.... Odechukwu at his best... Guess abati did not edit the script well
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 01, 2012
GEJ is really a comedian.

1. Subsidy funds, nothing happens!
2. He caught a thief but his administration failed to prosecute (Farouk Lawan)
3. He got his own share from Malabu oil proceed (OPL245 saga).
4. He got his wife appointed to an unmerited position of permanent secretary.
5. Pension Scam is still hanging on his adminstration shoulders
6. He does not give a damn about public declaration of assets.

He's really fighting corruption.

36 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2012
berem: I was actually waiting for your comment! GEJ don suffer for NL I swear! grin

It has been updated. Not my fault ooo. Can u imagine such comments from him and the jerry curl pastor that officiated didn't caution him afterwards. I think oritshejafor should be de-robbed.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 01, 2012
GEJ is a joker. I wonder if the hat he wears inadvertently blocks his thinking faculty.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Hadone(m): 12:15am On Oct 01, 2012
[size=18pt]To God who made me, I only read the first two lines of the story when I burst into an uncontrollable laughter. But i'm not mocking oga GEJ anyway.[/size]
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem:

It has been updated. Not my fault ooo. Can u imagine such comments from him and the jerry curl pastor that officiated didn't caution him afterwards. I think oritshejafor should be de-robbed.
by now we should know that our presido doesn't think before he makes speech! Now I see the reason why the UN hall was virtually empty when he was yarning dust! Kai! I rather prefer a gbagaunist like Patience Jonathan to make a speech than GEJ who keeps talking like a drunk!

4 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by wonlasewonimi: 12:19am On Oct 01, 2012
He doesn't understand the content of his prepared speeches.

3 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 12:21am On Oct 01, 2012
berem: by now we should know that our presido doesn't think before he makes speech! Now I see the reason why the UN hall was virtually empty when he was yarning dust! Kai! I rather prefer a gbagaunist like Patience Jonathan to make a speech than GEJ who keeps talking like a drunk!

For this reason, I think Abati should be sacked. Knowing how weak the retardeen is while talking. Its expected that he prep his boss accordingly. Now the retardeen is now being ridiculed because Abati simply didn't do what he is being paid to do.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 01, 2012
mehnnn, this GEJ is getting it from all sides. . . . na wa!!
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by informatix: 12:26am On Oct 01, 2012
NO responsible citizen will mock his president even if he is wrong. His effort were enough i agree but i frown face @those who took my president for a ride.

3 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Clerverly: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2012
Did he mean second to none in terms of population? tongue
Now i know the kind of President we are managing. Oh retardeen!!!
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 12:31am On Oct 01, 2012
informatix: NO responsible citizen will mock his president even if he is wrong. His effort were enough i agree but i frown face @those who took my president for a ride.

Oga, leave tori. Our president, the retardeen's statement is dumb. That's the plain truth.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Group Emerges In Abuja, Lagos / These four (4) Cities Are Competing Amongst Themselves, Wch Is Winning (pics) / Graphic Photo Of Dead People In The UNIMAID Bomb Blast – 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.