Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (201806 Views)

The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2012
President Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe

Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe sworn in as first President of Nigeria on October 1st 1963 at the Race Course in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgbteWcBCY
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2012
Chief Obafemi Awolowo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:13am On Oct 01, 2012
Chief Obafemi Awolowo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2012
Justice (Sir) Adetokunboh Ademola (Chief Justice of Nigeria), with his father, Oba (Sir) Ladapo Samuel Ademola (Alake of Egba Land)

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:18am On Oct 01, 2012
Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2012
Sir Ahmadu Bello

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:22am On Oct 01, 2012

(L-R) Otunba T.O.S Benson (Information minister), President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (President of the US), Alhaji (Sir) Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Prime Minister of Nigeria), Dr Moses Majekodunmi (Minister of Health) & Alhaji Shehu Shagari (Minister of Internal Affairs).

Phone conversation between Prime Minister (Sir) Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and President John F. Kennedy.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/Archives/JFKWHA-211-003.aspx#.T16zClJnoBU.facebook
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by esere826: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2012
@ naptu2

thanks for sharing these
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2012
Mustay: Nice collections. Some of us need to go back to the past so we know where we are coming from. May they read and learn before writing carelessly.

Thanks very much.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by naptu2: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2012
First break of the day.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2012
Tis beautiful. Thanks for sharing these wonderful catalogue with us. The pictures made it fun to go through and that's the first time am actually reading such long article on nl
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by minudus: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2012
Thanks for making the 52nd Anniversary worth celebrating.. At least with this brief historical knowledge..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by johnstar(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2012
52 years of corruption undecided undecided, 9ja I hail thee cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Biggyd2: 8:49am On Oct 01, 2012
Good job.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by decrox199(m): 8:50am On Oct 01, 2012
Just wish d whites can come back again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2012
very informative,do u have more info abt other regions not just lagos?balewa was really spartan and simple,so sad nigeria always destroys the good
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Mpetempe(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2012
Patriotic Job.
Happy Birthday Nigeria, Bless Nigeria And Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2012
ebamma: all this epistle for this kind early morning,joblessness no good oh
and i thought i had seen it all,is it possible that a person can be so dumb,you my friend,take the crown of king of fools.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2012
naptu2: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and Kids

Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa took his only annual leave in 1963, which he decided to spend in his village. A British photojournalist came down to Lagos to interview the Prime Minister, but was told that the P.M was on vacation. He asked to which country, but was shocked to hear that the P.M was in his village. On getting to the village, there was no evidence or paraphernalia to show that a “big man” was there; everyone was busy with their chores. He met a farmer with his donkey, carrying bales of sugarcane for the P.M’s home and he was utterly speechless when the farmer said, “I just left him. You will see him sitting on the floor with his kids, eating the sugarcane that I just gave them”. He met them like that and took this picture.
imagine!!
more than humble
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2012
ehie: very informative,do u have more info abt other regions not just lagos?balewa was really spartan and simple,so sad nigeria always destroys the good
exactly! He just concentrated mainly on the history of Lagos.Eremosele's history was more about his love life.it looked like a romantic story.

@naptu could you please kindly list from the past to the present Obas of Lagos? Nice pix though.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Akwenukemarho(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2012
minudus: Thanks for making the 52nd Anniversary worth celebrating.. At least with this brief historical knowledge..
yes o, at least looking at this pictures I feel there is still hope for this our country, Nigeria is our home, we don't have another home. It has'nt been all that bad, let's still see the positive in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Aussie(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2012
it's either u are just a kid who does not appreciate knowledge or a cyber-fraudster i.e yahoo-yahoo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ramcie(f): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2012
Wow. You all just rekindled my diminishing love for my country Nigeria. Happy independence great people of 9ja. smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by mbhs139(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2012
Aussie:
it's either u are just a kid who does not appreciate knowledge or a cyber-fraudster i.e yahoo-yahoo.

You got it right. But my friend, just feel sorry for the guy's parents for all the money wasted in educatin him
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by mbhs139(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2012
Very interesting!!! I wish we could have the history of Nigeria in pix like this too.

So, bitter rivalry among opponents is not a new thing in Nigeria's politics? I have learnt a lot, men
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by anitank(f): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2012
Great job NAPTU2
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by wunmi38: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2012
Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa took his only annual leave in 1963, which he decided to spend in his village. A British photojournalist came down to Lagos to interview the Prime Minister, but was told that the P.M was on vacation. He asked to which country, but was shocked to hear that the P.M was in his village. On getting to the village, there was no evidence or paraphernalia to show that a “big man” was there; everyone was busy with their chores. He met a farmer with his donkey, carrying bales of sugarcane for the P.M’s home and he was utterly speechless when the farmer said, “I just left him. You will see him sitting on the floor with his kids, eating the sugarcane that I just gave them”. He met them like that and took this picture.

Can we still get a leader like dis my people nija go beta ooo if we can clean our homes and go back to family values
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Chiopatra: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2012
you are stupid

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Chiopatra: 9:49am On Oct 01, 2012
Nice one
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by follyfash85: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2012
Great job naptu2.it good when you read about those people who had gave it all to make Nigeria better.
Just look at tafawa balewa spend his only annual leave of the year in his village.....how I wish our leader follow footsteps of some of our past leader!
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by wunmi38: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2012
naptu2: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and Kids

Can we still get a leader like dis my people nija go beta ooo if we can clean our homes and go back to family values

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman / List Of Buhari's 36 Ministers And Their Portfolios / Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.