Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters (22462 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by bashr8: 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
Esther Okonkwo :
Abeg which part of the state did this happen?
around ogbaru and anyamelu local govts , the villages near the river niger
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
^ Thanks.
So it is mainly near onitsha and River Niger?
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by otokx(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
Evil is begetting evil, we are really breathing fresh air in Nigeria.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Ade001: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
So much hate! Please stop the hatred....
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by EzePromoe: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
gzib: please let God stop this devilish flooding spreading over the country.
Anambra now after Kogi, benue, edo, kwara etc.
abeg no reach port harcourt o else i will provoke in the spirit.
Don't be foolish, there's every tendency that the flood will get the Port Harcourt before finding it's course in the atlantic ocean, if you live in Ndoni, Omoku, Andoni, Bonny is for sure, just pray to your God that this flood goes through the Bayelsa way but even at that communities in Rivers state will be affected. I live in Igwuruta and i'm crossing my hands to know the fate of this situation when the flood draws nigh.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
Afolabs101: AND OUR GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THIS TO HAPPEN!!! angry

In Abuja they'll all be clinking their glasses after spending billions on anniversary celebrations, while families all over the country are left only with what NEMA has to offer.

Any geologists or meteorologists or whatever out there, are there ways to predict or prevent these floods?

Dredge the waterways
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
And some ppl were laffing at Lagos floods
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Beync(f): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
SUPER MOD U CAN HIDE MY POST FOR ALL I CARE
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by senoraaquila(f): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
ironben:
Just because it isn't near your village, so that makes it 'oh ok'?? Honestly, i think yur mind can't get any narrower than this! Smh
[quote author=ironben] help me ask him o.
i just don't dig how some people reason i.e if they do at all.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by PHIPEX(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
[img][/img] These are picture from Anam in Anambra West.

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by PHIPEX(m): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
[img][/img]

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Alumnus: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
I hope NEMA is alive to it's responsibility in these area?
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by senoraaquila(f): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
This is a very sad situation. I can't say i know what this people are going through right now; only God does and I pray He helps them to scale through.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Mrzomes(m): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
embarassed oo God help ma frnd nd family there in anambara nd again may God help diz our great country
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by kemmeye: 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
to think i wanted a swimming pool all these years and it was right there in front of me the whole time
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by hardbody: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
saleeh: ALLAH is angry...repent from your sins and turn to him alone in His lordship, worship and in His names and attributes, that is, take Him as one in His worship, lordship and in His names and attributes. TAWHEED

Can you in a sentence recap this gibberish?

1 Like

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by soma042(m): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
i want to know why this useless bigot mod have to hide my post. For no jst course. Y y y. Seun should be carfull these full might send him to squre 1.
Thats the reason Nairaland topics dosn't reach up to 5 padges these dayz.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Solozzo(m): 12:11am On Oct 02, 2012
I suggest Anambra govt take a cue from Edo state and make a storm drain project to prevent this disaster in the future from hitting the big cities.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Royals1st: 2:02am On Oct 02, 2012
Nigeria @52 indeed is this what 9ja dey celebrate in fact this govt is mad
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by ignis: 7:23am On Oct 02, 2012
190: Are these floods from rivers or everyday ra.in fall
Its obviously from rainfall.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by PHIPEX(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2012
ignis: Its obviously from rainfall.
No, it's flood from the combination of River Niger and Anambra River.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2012
In truth, the problems this flooding will create is not one to be played with o!! With flooding comes looseness of soil.. The houses with poor foundations and pillar structures are also at risk of imminent collapse!! NEMA and others need to pay attention to this o!!
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2012
Can anyone in Anambra/Onitsha go down to the bridgehead area (if you've got the time of course) and take a pic of the port at the same spot as in the pic provided.....this should give us an idea of how much the river has risen since the attached pic was taken.

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by aryzgreat: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2012
the flood is increasing day by day by day, this is another pix of swallowed houses at ayamelum. God save us form cameroon madness!

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by TonySpike: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Can anyone in Anambra/Onitsha go down to the bridgehead area (if you've got the time of course) and take a pic of the port at the same spot as in the pic provided.....this should give us an idea of how much the river has risen since the attached pic was taken.

Bro, I read somewhere this morning that the Asaba end of the Niger bridge is under threat by the flooding condition...I hope this isn't true?
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by aryzgreat: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
Military, others evacuate 76,000 Anambra flood victims

More than 76,000 victims of the devastating floods that hit about 200 communities in five local government areas of Anambra State are being evacuated from their homes to relief camps in Onitsha and Nteje.

The evacuation came as reports said two persons, a woman and a boy, died at Ogbaru following the flooding that submerged their homes on Sunday night.

Governor Peter Obi led the evacuation exercise on Monday as he abandoned the Independence anniversary parade review in Awka and headed for Ogbaru Local Government Area whose communities are the hardest hit in the flooding.

Personnel of the Navy, Army, Security and Civil Defence Corps, Federal Road Safety Corps, the Red Cross Society of Nigeria, the Peace Corps and other voluntary agencies were involved in the exercise.

According to a worker of the state Emergency Management Agency, no community in Ogbaru local government, which lies along the River Niger, is spared in the disaster.

He said the flooding paralysed communication and economic activities in the communities.

Meanwhile, many of the victims are being evacuated to the 302 Artillery Regimernt, Onitsha, where the army and other emergency agencies are on hand to resettle them.

Other victims particularly from Ayamelum, Anambra East and Anambra West local government areas are being moved to Nteje, headquarters of Oyi Local Government Area.

But according to the Executive Director of SEMA, Dr. Austin Ijezie, more camps were being opened at the Onitsha South Stadium and other areas to accommodate more victims.

He said, “Twelve buses and trucks have just brought in people to Onitsha and many more loads of them are coming. The situation is getting beyond what the state government alone and SEMA can handle. It is an evolving catastrophe.”

Ijezie, however, said many of the victims were reluctant to move from their ancestral homes.

He said, “Such people are so attached to their homes that they do not want to move.”

Senator Andy Uba, representing Anambra South in the National Assembly, visited the victims at their Onitsha and Ogbaru camps. punch

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by banki(m): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
this time sahara reporters are not lying right?
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Jpudoba: 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
What a world!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Workers' Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Obasanjo Forgives PDP After PDP Apologized – Aide / 2023: Osinbajo Support Movement Rejects Tinubu's Comment On Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.