Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters (22458 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by doublecross(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2012
dont mind him....he is a monkey.......i dont even think he is educated because if he is, he would know the flood thing is kinda general and not something suffered by anambra alone. big fool he is.......
Eze Promoe: I SMH at your silly posts. Flooding in Nigeria is not something suffered by Anambrans alone. 14 states of the federation are currently suffering in course of this.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by ibehenryrocket(m): 11:33am On Oct 01, 2012
My prayer for 2day is that God should silence & punish all tribalists. This unfortunate situation calls 4 collective prayers & not collective stupidity. If u have nothing important 2 say, pls shut your trap and move 2 the playground. Misguided children should b seen & not heard.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Rooneyboy(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2012
The clown that calls himself the governor of this state is a big disgrace to the igbo race ,he keeps going round the world with his fellow mediocres(economic team of the nation) and yet still his state is in shambles.

I really do pity people that voted him in I swear, even a blind man knows igige was miles better than this man.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Adanyebe(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2012
IJAW BOYZ LETZ GO FISHHIINNG! grin
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by emmatok(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2012
This treads spoke about the flood and some people denied.
https://www.nairaland.com/1060785/flood-onitsha-market-river-niger

Yet they are rejoicing at Lagos flooding.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by sylve11: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2012
Terrible is all I got to say! cool
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by SOLLYBOY1: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:
grin cheesy grin

Commercial hub and pride of the yeastern Igbo people grin

Cant c anything funny in this..........while the smile
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by chreldb(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
What is happening to the climate in Nigeria? All these reports of flooding in different parts of the country is getting to frequent for comfort.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by SOLLYBOY1: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:
grin cheesy grin

Commercial hub and pride of the yeastern Igbo people grin

So whats ya point.........when will u just grow up, or do we need to do a SO RI EPE evaluation on u ?
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by aryzgreat: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
any geography student will know dat the effect of cameroon dam release will continue till the water finds its way to atlantic ocean, frm camerron thru adamawa thru kogi thru anambra thru delta thru Rivers and finally to atlantic ocean, dats the river course, definitely the flood has goteen to anambra and all communities near river banks will be affectd, next route is delta and rivers state till the flood empties into atlantic ocean, NIMET said kogi flood will continue till November ending, dat will tell u the amount of water released, Water no get enemy so it must find its tributaries
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by bashr8: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
[size=15pt]even though the affected areas anyamelu and ogbaru are conc villages i have not even heard of they still look better than the capital cities in yorubaland even with the flooding.apart from the flood see how decent the houses and people look , no wonder anambra is number one in nigeria when it comes to wealth and health [/size]
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by aryzgreat: 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
.Nairaland:
When people laugh at one side of the country that it is underdeveloped and make fun of states where casualties happen, I SMH.
What should we call this?
If this is the development and better life they are talking about, [/b]then I'll say Nigeria is a big hell hole.
It's a pity.
[b]Or is this not the Anambra some people here boast of
? This is pathetic, these people are really suffering.
Even see those kids angry

Guess u have such modern buildings in ur corrugated zinc infested caves? the buildings u saw cannot be found in your most developed towns, this is anambra village we are talking and u can see some evidence of hardwork there, those modern houses were built from the sweat of the so called spare parts dealers ur likes mock, they repartraite their wealth home and build decent houses while ur likes throw owambe after collecting 2yrs rent from ur fada's inherited "face me i face u" tell me who is really backward? the flooding is an after effect of the camerron dam release, so wot is ur poing? Can u look at the pix of ibadan with mud house and rusted corrugated zincs and compare it with this village? this is not awka, nnewi or onitsha, its a village in anmabra but compare with ibadan!
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by bashr8: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2012
aryzgreat:

Guess u have such modern buildings in ur corrugated zinc infested caves? the buildings u saw cannot be found in your most developed towns, this is anambra village we are talking and u can see some evidence of hardwork there, those modern houses were built from the sweat of the so called spare parts dealers ur likes mock, they repartraite their wealth home and build decent houses while ur likes throw owambe after collecting 2yrs rent from ur fada's inherited "face me i face u" tell me who is really backward? the flooding is an after effect of the camerron dam release, so wot is ur poing? Can u look at the pix of ibadan with mud house and rusted corrugated zincs and compare it with this village? this is not awka, nnewi or onitsha, its a village in anmabra but compare with ibadan!

[size=14pt]no mind those slowpoke, i tell them everyday , igbo villages are finer , more developed and advanced than yoruba cities, one of them actually thought the houses are photoshopped [/size].
oboy @0p u don they spread dis ur lie lie where in nigeria u get dat kind 5n 5n house located close to water. Even lagos well known to be a flooding arena has neva build dis kind of residential house close to thd water rather u see wat looks like zink with plank around the whole area.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Yujin(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
What a pathetic situation! This has an indirect relationship with the weather(in nigeria) because it isn't actually the rainfall in nigeria that led to this grand flooding. The unusual level of rainfall in the northern fringes of west/central africa led to the increase in volume of the major rivers therein which inturn threatened the dams located across these rivers leading to the sudden release of huge volumes of water to save the dams.
From Lokoja downwards are/would be worst hit because water from Jebba(Nigeria) & Lagdo(Cameroon) dams met there and would continue until it empties into the Atlantic ocean. There is little anybody can do about it except to evacuate once those in the flood prone areas notice a steady rise of water level in their communities.
Imo(Oguta etc), Rivers(Ndoni etc), Lower Delta(Ukwuani, Sapele etc) and a sizeable proportion of Bayelsa will be affected until the water finally gets to the Atlantic ocean.
May God comfort those affected and replenish whatever the might lose. Amen
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Afolabs101: 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
AND OUR GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THIS TO HAPPEN!!! angry

In Abuja they'll all be clinking their glasses after spending billions on anniversary celebrations, while families all over the country are left only with what NEMA has to offer.

Any geologists or meteorologists or whatever out there, are there ways to predict or prevent these floods?
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by achi4u(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
No shaking....very soon those flood will found its way.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by ironben(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
Toaskarity:

oh ok jst to make sure its not near my village
Just because it isn't near your village, so that makes it 'oh ok'?? Honestly, i think yur mind can't get any narrower than this! Smh
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
[size=29pt]Which towns are affected?[/size]
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by ifeomabernard(f): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
Jesus Christ!!! what is this shocked shocked
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
please let God stop this devilish flooding spreading over the country.
Anambra now after Kogi, benue, edo, kwara etc.
abeg no reach port harcourt o else i will provoke in the spirit.
Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by Beync(f): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
saleeh: ALLAH is angry...repent from your sins and turn to him alone in His lordship, worship and in His names and attributes, that is, take Him as one in His worship, lordship and in His names and attributes. TAWHEED
u r high on quini

1 Like

Re: PHOTONEWS: Anambra State Devastated By Flooding | Sahara Reporters by EstherOkonkwo(f): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
Abeg which part of the state did this happen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian / I Am Not Campaigning For Anyone - Kanu Nwankwo (Video) / FG Seeks Donations In "Cash And Kind", Says It Needs N869bn To Conduct Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.