Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha (13276 Views)

Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) / Checkout Sani Abacha's Signature (snapshot) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by topsyking: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2012
I Don't get it, is it the same dickson I read sometime ago that he hasn't been since for 3wks now in the state due to some illness and taken abroad that want to honour abacha..I think something is not right somewhere
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by talktrue1(m): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2012
I've said before that this Dickson governor will not stop amazing people.
How can you immortalize somebody simply because he created state.
We have 36 states and they were created by different presidents. They were just exercising their powers
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by ACM10: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2012
Ganys:
Sharaaaaap!!! Compare Abacha with ur current President that Kills Nigerian Masses on Per seconds Per seconds Billing with his Unfriendly Economic Policies

May leprosy amputate your fingers! How dare you compare a blood-thirsty maximum dictator with a civilian president? You must be breasfeeding when Abacha's hitmen rode roughshod over Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Pukkah: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2012
Abagworo: Abacha may have his flaws but became a tyrant because he was trying to stabilize the country amidst unnecessary opposition from greedy politicians and military men. You cannot call Jonathan a tyrant because he's fighting Boko Haram. Remember NADECO and other political terrorist groups that sprung up then. The 1st bombing in Nigeria was done by NADECO. The media was not fair to Abacha. Though young then, I was a witness to the construction of link roads to Buguma and Degema via Ogbakiri in Rivers State which was hitherto visited by boat. No one else has succeeded in linking Riverine communities by road except Abacha. He already planned a long link road joining Bonny to Port Harcourt. Why do you people think there is a very important road in Port Harcourt known as Abacha Road?

Above all, he created Bayelsa State.

Why are you doing this? Why are you standing history on its head? So NADECO was the one that planted the bomb in Dele Giwa's parcel in 1986? Eh?

So, according to you, who in NADECO planted the bomb? Were you around during the Oputa panel and the revelations that came from Abacha's henchmen and messengers of death - Sergeant Rogers, Katako, Al Mustapha, Yakassai etc?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by fatstan1: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2012
This is a bloody show of shame, we don't have to be told but this is another of Mr Ps pet project. It stinks of his doing even if its hidden behind "The Ijaw people" I thought stupidity was unique to Mr Presidents but now I know it's an Ijaw thing. They should get their head out of his ass and think for themselves.

Late Gen Abacha was not only a tyrant but also a corrupt leader. Creating a state or not the fact remains he is bad news. Why don't they name some of the houses after Al Mustapha and Sgt Rogas. They are even going to immortalise DSP Alams for goodness sake that guy should be in jail.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by topsyking: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2012
The face of a tyrant and dictator....

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by mallorca(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2012
Bayelsa una weldone

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2012
Pukkah:

Why are you doing this? Why are you standing history on its head? So NADECO was the one that planted the bomb in Dele Giwa's parcel in 1986? Eh?

So, according to you, who in NADECO planted the bomb? Were you around during the Oputa panel and the revelations that came from Abacha's henchmen and messengers of death - Sergeant Rogers, Katako, Al Mustapha, Yakassai etc?

In response here is a wiki excerpt. Though wikipedia could be modified.

The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) was formed on May 15, 1994 by a broad coalition of Nigerian democrats, who called on the military government of Sani Abacha to step down in favor of the winner of the June 12, 1993 election, M. K. O. Abiola.[1] The members mostly came from the southwest of the country.[2] They quickly became the symbol of mass resistance against military rule.[3] On June 11, 1994, using the groundwork laid by NADECO, Abiola declared himself president and went into hiding. He reemerged and was promptly arrested on June 23.[4]

On 17 November 1994, the first anniversary of Abacha's coup, a bomb exploding in Lagos airport. In response, NADECO leaders warned "it will be a disaster, not only for Nigeria but for the whole world, if Nigerians come to the conclusion that only violence will secure the attention of the international community."[5]

So tell me how someone will form a group and tell a sitting military President to step down in favor of there preferred candidate whose election had already been annulled by a former President. Then went ahead to bomb the country and expect him to keep quiet. Imagine where Northerners who believe Buhari won the 2011 elections decide to form NADECO and declare Buhari President, do you think Jonathan will just step down?
The media gave Abacha a bad name.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Caseless: 10:50am On Oct 02, 2012
Big and bold dickson! As at 96 abacha was already givin close 17% 2 ND, he linkd roads and bridges in d ND. Rawling killd sum ppl b4 ghana cud b gud 2day. If he(abacha) had killd OBJ, do u tink we'd hav gon thru wat we'r witnessin snce 1999? Hail abacha!
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Pukkah: 10:55am On Oct 02, 2012
Abagworo:

In response here is a wiki excerpt. Though wikipedia could be modified.

The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) was formed on May 15, 1994 by a broad coalition of Nigerian democrats, who called on the military government of Sani Abacha to step down in favor of the winner of the June 12, 1993 election, M. K. O. Abiola.[1] The members mostly came from the southwest of the country.[2] They quickly became the symbol of mass resistance against military rule.[3] On June 11, 1994, using the groundwork laid by NADECO, Abiola declared himself president and went into hiding. He reemerged and was promptly arrested on June 23.[4]

On 17 November 1994, the first anniversary of Abacha's coup, a bomb exploding in Lagos airport. In response, NADECO leaders warned "it will be a disaster, not only for Nigeria but for the whole world, if Nigerians come to the conclusion that only violence will secure the attention of the international community."[5]

So tell me how someone will form a group and tell a sitting military President to step down in favor of there preferred candidate whose election had already been annulled by a former President. Then went ahead to bomb the country and expect him to keep quiet. Imagine where Northerners who believe Buhari won the 2011 elections decide to form NADECO and declare Buhari President, do you think Jonathan will just step down?
The media gave Abacha a bad name.

I thought you would come up with a rock-solid evidence that NADECO was behind the bombings but you have only stated your personal opinion.

So who attempted to kill Senator Abraham Adesanya? Who killed Kudirat Abiola? Who attacked Ibru? Who killed Pa Alred Rewane, the Osibakoro himself? Why did the likes of Soyinka, Tinubu, Wale Osun etc flee the country? How come many people that stood for the truth went underground? Was it NADECO that was after its own members? Have you forgotten about the Oputa Panel?

How did Musa Yar'Adua die? Who imprisoned Obasanjo and Bello-Fadile? What happened to Oladipo Diya? Who killed Ken Saro Wiwa? Who killed Bagauda Kaltho?

How come the 5 political parties adopted Abacha as their presidential candidate? Why did the press then become vociferous and tough - remember the likes of Razor, Tell, The News?

And apart from the reign of terror, Abacha was a common thief and felon. Have you forgotten about the famous 'Abacha loot'? Why should any responsible government honour Abacha and Alamieyeseigha (also a thief)? What is this country turning to?

Wait o, may be Dele Momodu was right undecided Nigerians seem to have a short memory. Not all Nigerians though.

When is James Ibori coming for his own immortalization? When coming, he should be accompanied by Bode George and Lucky Igbinedion. SMH!

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 02, 2012
very true.

I have amassed irrefutable evidence Abacha never looted - the money that Obj/PDP govt claim the Swiss banks are returining have nothing to do with Abacha.
https://www.nairaland.com/823498/sani-abacha-honest-one-nigerias

caseless: Big and bold dickson! As at 96 abacha was already givin close 17% 2 ND, he linkd roads and bridges in d ND. Rawling killd sum ppl b4 ghana cud b gud 2day. If he(abacha) had killd OBJ, do u tink we'd hav gon thru wat we'r witnessin snce 1999? Hail abacha!
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by ACM10: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2012
Bayelsa state which is predominantly populated by Ijaw people will in fact insult the sensibility of their fellow Nigerdeltans like, the Ogonis, Itsekiris, etc who suffered a great deal under Abacha's dictatorship. What a good start for the Nigerdelta republic! Ijaws are incredibly shortsighted. It takes a little handout to win them over.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2012
In fact Abacha would not have execute Saro Wiwa hand Shell not framed him and hiring false witness. Abacha was honestly applying the law.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2012
grin
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Caseless: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2012
Genbuhari, if they say he looted moni and kept dem in swiss bank. Ok, whr is d moni in his name dat was returnd 2 nigeria?
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/951549/abacha-wrongly-maliciously-discredited-obasanjo

Abacha was in the process of making Nigeria a great African Superpower that was why he had to be poisoned - so that IBB and Obj could bring back IMF and mortgage our future for generations with loans that we do not need.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2012
He was reported to have suffered some ill -heath , yet i never recaled him ever travelling abroad for medical treatment
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2012
smiley
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by nagoma(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2012
Prof Miriam Ikejiani-Clark in her own words, Saturday, February 28, 2009 :

"I have no regret serving General Sani Abacha because he did allow us make our inputs in the administration. If I were not there somebody would. But above all, I took the opportunity to make my contribution to the development of the nation. The Abacha I knew was a person that listened to people, he was not a know-it-all type of leader and those that knew him can attest to that. That does not mean I agree or advocate that military regime was so good.

"Most of all I will tell you and Nigerians that Abacha is the bad man he is called because he is not alive. If he were alive, he would have been a great and good man like the other rulers who are still here. They call him names because he is no longer here. But I ask you, did I not serve in a military government under Abacha they say was bad, I was FCT minister and sold nobody’s land or enriched myself at the expense of the society. I have not been indicted in any manner after leaving office. The signs of my office and tenure are still there because I built the most modern market in Abuja in my days in office, a market with clinics and other facilities. We rehabilitated people rather than throw them out into the streets. But those that served in a democracy the people adjudged good are called up every now and then to explain how they managed the office. Their record is that of maltreating Nigerians and the rest.

"I can tell you that Abacha managed the economy better than President Olusegun Obasanjo who ruled in a democracy. In Abacha’s days, Prof. Sam Aluko was the Economic Adviser and Abacha took time to listen to him and took his guidance on the economy. He never claimed to know it all. At the FEC meetings, Abacha listened to the ministers and took their advice.

"He stabilized the economy and never wasted resources like the democracy under Obasanjo. He made sure the economy was stabilized and predictable.
The nation under democracy between 1999 and 2003 witnessed the worst wastage and that has kept us where we are now without any amenity working even with the bumper oil harvest. Today we only hear of how so much money was sank into various sectors without results. Please, let’s not go over the Abacha thing all the time because we all know why Abacha is marked bad today. But I can never regret serving under him."
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Audukaya: 11:13am On Oct 02, 2012
How many ogoni chiefs does saro wiwa killed before abacha hanged him?
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by shaolintemple: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2012
@Abagworo,it would have been better,if never mentioned 'Abacha has been d most Niger -delta friendly'.Is Ogoni not part of Niger-delta?.Have u quickly forgotten Ken saro wiwa & others.Moreover,i thought Abacha has been honoured already,since a major road in d state is named after him.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Caseless: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2012
U need 2 hear his finance ministr speak b4 u knw diz pple ar jst tagin him bad. So wat he killed saru wiwa?Didn't yaradua order d police or army 2 kil moh'd yusuf? wat was saru wiwa doin dat was differnt frm dat of d slained BH leader?He killd chiefs too
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Pukkah: 11:29am On Oct 02, 2012
shine-eye:
If the report is true, then Governor Dickson is surely thinking with his anus. What thought does the name SANI ABACHA conjure in the national psyche of Nigeria. Abacha represents the absurd, the monument of corruption and epitome of dictatorial tyranny. If all these are not enough for Dickson to look for another fellow to bestow honor on, then there is something terribly amiss in the philosophy of the man. How the hell did we come to have these kinds of morally bankrupt people in high places?

Are you minding Dickson?

The government of Abacha also created Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Zamfara, Gombe, Ekiti states in addition to Bayelsa. How come Bayelsa is the only one honouring him?
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Sagamite(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2012
person leaders leading a baboon majority in a Banana republic.

The baboons are also quixk to pray for their depraved leaders health despite the leaders destroying their own health.

https://www.nairaland.com/1056780/nairaland-prayer-network-patience-jonathan/5#12304716

Proper cretins deserve the moronic leaders they have.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Caseless: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2012
Shaolintemple, killin saru wiwa shld not b used 2 judge him bad. Saru wiwa killd pple too whom tot suport d govt den. D pple saru wiwa kild,ar they frm d north or non-ogonis? In some sense, abacha saved som lives too by takin dat steps.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Pukkah: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2012
caseless: U need 2 hear his finance ministr speak b4 u knw diz pple ar jst tagin him bad. So wat he killed saru wiwa?Didn't yaradua order d police or army 2 kil moh'd yusuf? wat was saru wiwa doin dat was differnt frm dat of d slained BH leader?He killd chiefs too

Whose Finance Minister? The Anthony Ani who was part and parcel of the financial carnage? The man who said he got General Abdulsalam's approval to trace the $1.5billion that was unofficially siphoned out of Nigeria under Abacha, with his approval?

Also tell me about his Petroleum Minister - Dan Etete. Tell me about how he was feeding live goats to the lions he kept in his Port Harcourt residence. Also tell me about Ismaila Gwarzo - Abacha's National Security Adviser.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2012
ACM10: If Abacha is still the president; Edwin Clark, Asari Dokubo, Tom Ateke, Government Tompolo will be rotting in grave.

Except for the first name whom i think should be spared, me think the others truly ought to be rotting by now. These guys are real criminals and murderers.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by virusdacramil(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2012
Nigeria beware....another Gooluck in the making...seems nothing good comes out of that part of the country..except Militants,Alamiesia and Badlucks??
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
virusdacramil: Nigeria beware....another Gooluck in the making...seems nothing good comes out of that part of the country..except Militants,Alamiesia and Badlucks??

.....and dickheadsons.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Truckpusher(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ganys:
Sharaaaaap!!! Compare Abacha with ur current President that Kills Nigerian Masses on Per seconds Per seconds Billing with his Unfriendly Economic Policies
stop using drugs.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Truckpusher(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
fat stan:
This is a bloody show of shame, we don't have to be told but this is another of Mr Ps pet project. It stinks of his doing even if its hidden behind "The Ijaw people" I thought stupidity was unique to Mr Presidents but now I know it's an Ijaw thing. They should get their head out of his ass and think for themselves.

Late Gen Abacha was not only a tyrant but also a corrupt leader. Creating a state or not the fact remains he is bad news. Why don't they name some of the houses after Al Mustapha and Sgt Rogas. They are even going to immortalise DSP Alams for goodness sake that guy should be in jail.
Opening your maggot infested mouth to label an entire ethnic group as stu*pid sounds more to me that you are a product of a STU*PID union or simply a BASTARD....RETARDeen!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
Inquiring minds want to know why all (s)elected governors of Bayelsa state bask in infamy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enemies Printing Buhari, My Posters For 2015 – Amaechi / 61 Chibok Girls Married To Boko Haram Terrorists- Reports / Disabled Nigerians Protest At The Entrance Of NNPC For Non Inclusion Of Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.