Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha (13277 Views)

Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) / Checkout Sani Abacha's Signature (snapshot) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
angry
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by dabossman(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

What court of law?

Even in Nigerian democracy today, one can not rely on court of law, you are talking about court of law in a dictatorship where all democratic laws are suspended and laws are made arbitrarily and at the whims of a lunatic and criminal few?

What the fck do they teach you guys in school? What the fck is the Nigerian education system churning out?

Sagamite, save your energy. You should know that Nigerians suffer from a serious case of collective amnesia. Give it a few years from now and even the much maligned GEJ will become a hero and a saint. He will even be described as the best thing to happen to Nigeria. We always tend to forget too soon.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by aljharem(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
Funny things you here on nl. Treason againstn illegal government ? Where in the world does a legal government commit treason against an illegal one. Lol na wa for abagworo.
nadeco made bombs shocked when and how
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Abagworo(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
I'm beginning to notice a pattern in Nigerian politics. The Southwest should realize that the rise of internet has reduced the media influence they once commanded. Only one region cannot determine who is good or bad based on their own biased view and previous control of print media. Mgbati propaganda press dead and gone.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Abagworo(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
alj harem: Funny things you here on nl. Treason againstn illegal government ? Where in the world does a legal government commit treason against an illegal one. Lol na wa for abagworo.
nadeco made bombs shocked when and how
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by aljharem(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
Abagworo: I'm beginning to notice a pattern in Nigerian politics. The Southwest should realize that the rise of internet has reduced the media influence they once commanded. Only one region cannot determine who is good or bad based on their own biased view and previous control of print media. Mgbati propaganda press dead and gone.

Smh, just smh.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
Abagworo: I'm beginning to notice a pattern in Nigerian politics. The Southwest should realize that the rise of internet has reduced the media influence they once commanded. Only one region cannot determine who is good or bad based on their own biased view and previous control of print media. Mgbati propaganda press dead and gone.

Now the bigot in you is coming out.

Show us where NADECO was the first to plant bombs in Nigeria. Like NADECO was the one who bombed Dele Giwa.

NADECO was the one who killed Saro Wiwa, Nadeco kill Shehu Musa Yar Adua, NADECO killed Alfred rewane, NADECO killed Kudirat, Bagauda Kaltho, NADECO planned to kill Ibru

Its the Mgbati people that lied on Abacha for doing this He did not kill anyone even though Sgt Rogers, Frank Omenka, DMI Sabo all confessed to the crime
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by aljharem(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Now the bigot in you is coming out.

Show us where NADECO was the first to plant bombs in Nigeria. Like NADECO was the one who bombed Dele Giwa.
grin
NADECO was the one who killed Saro Wiwa, Nadeco kill Shehu Musa Yar Adua, NADECO killed Alfred rewane, NADECO killed Kudirat, Bagauda Kaltho, NADECO planned to kill Ibru grin

Its the Mgbati people that lied on Abacha for doing this He did not kill anyone even though Sgt Rogers, Frank Omenka, DMI Sabo all confessed to the crime
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by aljharem(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin. Abagworo mhen you disappoint me. So you too be bigot. Nwannem wetin happen cry
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Pukkah: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2012

You have betrayed your deep-seated hatred and bigotry towards a group of people. No wonder your arguments have been trying to turn history on its head.

With this said, there's no point continuing to discuss with you.

Have a nice day.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by solomonkane(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Under Abacha's regime, rich people cooked with kerosine stove, poor people used sawdust to cook (Abacha stove)

Under Abacha's regime, people disappeared and were never heard of again.

Under Abacha's regime, I understood what inflation actually meant

I can go on and on and on, bottomline is that Abacha was a vile, murderous, disgusting dog who maimed, murdered and killed irrespective of tribe, ethnicity or religion (dethronement of Sultan Dasuki, murders of Kudirat, Saro-Wiwa, Bagauda Kaltho, Musa Yar'Adua, Alfred Rewane etc) and I make to say that Bayelsa is under a curse, that will explain why nincompoops, dogs and advanced lunatics keep becoming governors.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by dabossman(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
I can't even shake my head for some of these pro-Abacha comments. I actually have tears in my eyes. I weep for this country. Immortalize Abacha? What the...? Seun please we need a weepy-eyed emoticon on this forum.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
angry How old were you during Abacha's regime?

https://www.nairaland.com/823498/sani-abacha-honest-one-nigerias

solomonkane: Under Abacha's regime, rich people cooked with kerosine stove, poor people used sawdust to cook (Abacha stove)

I can go on and on and on, bottomline is that Abacha was a vile, murderous, disgusting dog who maimed, murdered and killed irrespective of tribe, ethnicity or religion (dethronement of Sultan Dasuki, murders of Kudirat, Saro-Wiwa, Bagauda Kaltho, Musa Yar'Adua, Alfred Rewane etc) and I make to say that Bayelsa is under a curse, that will explain why nincompoops, dogs and advanced lunatics keep becoming governors.
angry
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by aljharem(m): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
dabossman: I can't even shake my head for some of these pro-Abacha comments. I actually have tears in my eyes. I weep for this country. Immortalize Abacha? What the...? Seun please we need a weepy-eyed emoticon on this forum.
looool lmao grin. Oh mine oh mine
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by aljharem(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
solomonkane: Under Abacha's regime, rich people cooked with kerosine stove, poor people used sawdust to cook (Abacha stove)

I can go on and on and on, bottomline is that Abacha was a vile, murderous, disgusting dog who maimed, murdered and killed irrespective of tribe, ethnicity or religion (dethronement of Sultan Dasuki, murders of Kudirat, Saro-Wiwa, Bagauda Kaltho, Musa Yar'Adua, Alfred Rewane etc) and I make to say that Bayelsa is under a curse, that will explain why nincompoops, dogs and advanced lunatics keep becoming gbam gbam governors .
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite: person leaders leading a baboon majority in a Banana republic.

The baboons are also quixk to pray for their depraved leaders health despite the leaders destroying their own health.

https://www.nairaland.com/1056780/nairaland-prayer-network-patience-jonathan/5#12304716

Proper cretins deserve the moronic leaders they have.

Animal Farm.

The Sheep also prayed for Napoleon.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by solomonkane(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=GenBuhari] angry How old were you during Abacha's regime?

angry[/quote

I was much older than you presently are if you care to know. Everything I wrote, my adult mind witnessed so put up a credible defence or forever hold your peace.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2012
[size=22pt]Here is a challenge for all those criticising Abacha:

[/size][size=16pt]Name any performance indicator (e.g. Inflation , sporting achievement, exchange rate, anti-corruption policies) and I will furnish evidence how Abacha outperformed all the subsequent presidents put together.[/size]
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by cjrane: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
Abacha was a very great Nigerian,whose only sin was that he didn't agree to quit after he made the promise to do so.He personally believed he had to be there to guide the birth of a prosperous, glorious Nigeria.
Personally,Abacha was one of the greatest Nigerians for his achievements in just 5 years.The Ijaw for one, would never have had their own state if it was not for him.Also,he was the only Nigerian leader that realized that Nigerians needed some type of dialogue to continue living together in peace after the June 12th issue.

Abacha's triumph as an astute administrator is that inspite of ruling Nigeria at the worst period of crisis,there was never anything like Niger Delta militants or Boko haram.Instead he wanted to bequeath Nigeria a constitutional guarantee that power shall rotate between the north and south every 8 years, which would have permanently ended the tension generated by struggle for political power between north and south.Indeed, Oladipo Diya praised Abacha's skills at mediation and reaching a compromise even in very difficult situations, after Diya observed Abacha's dialogue with Afenifere leader Pa. Abraham Adesanya of blessed memory.

Bayelsa State is indeed right to honor such a great man that gave them freedom and self determination.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
Well said cjrane!

cjrane: Abacha was a very great Nigerian,whose only sin was that he didn't agree to quit after he made the promise to do so.He personally believed he had to be there to guide the birth of a prosperous, glorious Nigeria.
Personally,Abacha was one of the greatest Nigerians for his achievements in just 5 years.The Ijaw for one, would never have had their state if it was not for him.Also,he was the only Nigerian leader that realized that Nigerians needed some type of dialogue to continue living together in peace after the June 12th issue.

Abacha's triumph as an astute administrator is that inspite of ruling Nigeria at the worst period of crisis,there was never anything like Niger Delta militants or Boko haram.Instead he wanted to bequeath Nigeria a constitutional guarantee that power shall rotate between the north and south every 8 years, which would have permanently ended the tension generated by struggle for political power between north and south.Indeed, Oladipo Diya praised Abacha's skills at mediation and reaching a compromise after Abacha met with Afenifere leader Pa. Abraham Adesanya of blessed memory.

Bayelsa State is indeed right to honor such a great man that gave them freedom and self determination.
Well said cjrane!

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
Have you considered the fact that may just be the person that is wallowing in ignorance?

dabossman: I can't even shake my head for some of these pro-Abacha comments. I actually have tears in my eyes. I weep for this country. Immortalize Abacha? What the...? Seun please we need a weepy-eyed emoticon on this forum.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Sagamite(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
cjrane: Abacha was a very great Nigerian,whose only sin was that he didn't agree to quit after he made the promise to do so.He personally believed he had to be there to guide the birth of a prosperous, glorious Nigeria.
Personally,Abacha was one of the greatest Nigerians for his achievements in just 5 years.The Ijaw for one, would never have had their own state if it was not for him.Also,he was the only Nigerian leader that realized that Nigerians needed some type of dialogue to continue living together in peace after the June 12th issue.

Abacha's triumph as an astute administrator is that inspite of ruling Nigeria at the worst period of crisis,there was never anything like Niger Delta militants or Boko haram.Instead he wanted to bequeath Nigeria a constitutional guarantee that power shall rotate between the north and south every 8 years, which would have permanently ended the tension generated by struggle for political power between north and south.Indeed, Oladipo Diya praised Abacha's skills at mediation and reaching a compromise even in very difficult situations, after Diya observed Abacha's dialogue with Afenifere leader Pa. Abraham Adesanya of blessed memory.

You are a cretinous person!

A moronic product of the consequences to the Nigeria's education system of rulers like Abacha!
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by swoosh(m): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
cheesy
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Someone destroyed your country and your life (considering that you are a product of a failed education system) but yet you say you are focusing on "his good sides"?

Cretin!

See the typical person analysis of a product of a failed education system:

I really love the correlation - your consistent use of the phrase "product of a failed education system" and your coresponding cosnsistency in demonstrating same in almost all your posts. Carry on brother.

"We are known for eating shyt so why not add vomit"

Cretin!
smiley
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Someone destroyed your country and your life (considering that you are a product of a failed education system) but yet you say you are focusing on "his good sides"?

Cretin!

See the typical person analysis of a product of a failed education system:

I really love the correlation - your consistent use of the phrase "product of a failed education system" and your coresponding cosnsistency in demonstrating same in almost all your post. Kudus brother.

"We are known for eating shyt so why not add vomit"

Cretin!
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
[size=18pt]Hey Sagamite, do you still believe that Obasanjo is the greatest leader Nigeria has ever had?[/size]
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Because Sagamite believe Obasanjo is the best leader we ever had, you should all see that it is pointless arguing with him.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Sagamite(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
GenBuhari: cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Because Sagamite believe Obasanjo is the best leader we ever had, you should all see that it is pointless arguing with him.

You are beyond a person!

You are obviously not mentally balanced. I have already said it.

https://www.nairaland.com/878081/nigerian-billionaire-battles-british-wife/19#11924662

Cretin!
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

^Answer my question na!!

Is Obj the best president that Nigeria has produced?
Yes or No? cheesy
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Sagamite(m): 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
GenBuhari: grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

^Answer my question na!!

Is Obj the best president that Nigeria has produced?
Yes or No? cheesy

Answer a question from a person that said Abacha is great and did not loot Nigeria? grin grin grin

I would rather put a straitjacket on your moronic arsse!
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
[size=18pt]Swiss court notes on so called "Abacha Loot" case, shows Abacha maliciously and unjustly blamed[/size]

http://www.mcswisslaw.com/pages_e/2008%20Monfrini%20-%20The%20Abacha%20Case.pdf

"
The existence of a system of confiscation orders that is independent
from a criminal conviction is therefore a necessity in grand corruption
cases. In this context, reversing the burden of proof or imposing
procedural consequences on the failure of the asset holder to cooperate
regarding the origin of the assets, appear to be best legislative
practice. The presumption of innocence does not necessarily apply to
confiscation proceedings and ‘presumptions of fact or of law operate
in every criminal-law system and are not prohibited in principle’ and
therefore do not breach the right to a fair trial.28"

[size=18pt]This is 21 page Swiss court document but the above extract is very revealing indeed.

Basically, by qualifying Abacha's family members together with PDP stooges claiming to be Abacha's business associates as a 'Criminal Organisation', Nigerian Government did not need to prove that the funds in the foreign accounts belonged to Abacha, The Onus was on Abacha to proof that he was innocent of the charges.

Of course a deceased man could not do that.

Abacha's son Mohammed could not fully challenge the allegations as he was locked up at the time by Obasanjo.[/size]

Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by cjrane: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous person!

A moronic product of the consequences to the Nigeria's education system of rulers like Abacha!

At the peak of fuel scarcity in 2001,i observed a bunch of soldiers trying to bring order in a filling station where there was a free for all fight over limited fuel,with some threatening to throw a burning cigarette at the area with a bunch of 50 liters fuel jerrycans.The soldiers succeeded,but had injured many people.But they justified their force by saying if the man with the cigarette had lit the place as he had promised to do,everyone would not just be bruised but dead.That is somewhat related to what Abacha did for Nigeria.He didn't annul the June 12th elections,but he had to keep the country from slipping into a Sierra-Leone type of civil war,in which many many more would have perished.

@ Sagamite,

It is a waste time to join issues with an slowpoke.However, History is history.You don't even know your history,but blinded by primordial hatred for a man that did his best to hold his country together.Abacha had to be a firm and decisive leader so that Nigeria would not disintegrate.The same thing you guys criticize GEJ for not being firm on national issues.
By benefit of hindsight,Abacha was a great leader whether you are blinded by tribal emotions or not.All the issues he proposed to do before his death,from national reconciliation and issue of power rotation, which was thrown out of the window by Obasanjo out of hatred for the man that jailed him, are the only solution to Nigeria's crisis today.I concede he made mistakes by thinking he was the only person that could nurture the birth of nascent Nigeria, but judged against what others who came after him did, Abacha was a true patriot who wanted Nigeria to succeed.
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
@Sagamite
Most of my assertions are backed up by hard evidence, sources and research.

Can you say the same for your posts?
Re: Bayelsa To Immortalise Sani Abacha by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
GenBuhari: [b][size=22pt]Here is a challenge for all those criticising Abacha:

Name any performance indicator (e.g. Inflation , sporting achievement, exchange rate, anti-corruption policies) and I will furnish evidence how Abacha outperformed all the subsequent presidents put together.

This is just like comparing second to last to last. Or a groupie thinking she's better than a pros.titute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Must Orji's Name Be On NTA News Bar? / I Traded With Biafran Pounds Just Yesterday- Gbenga Osinaike / FG Blames Illegal Russian, Chinese Fishing In Nigerian Waters For Low Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.