Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. (17285 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / SSA To Saraki, Omishore Lied In His Tweet About El-Rufai - Olatunde Bakare / Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Whobedatte(m): 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
Law prince: I wonder where Agent Beef and co are hiding. Let them come and defend this glaring lie.
beaf, a.k.a reno omokri is now active more on twitter defending the retardeen
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by SisiKill1: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
Law prince: President Goodluck Jonathan lied to the world in his Independence Day anniversary speech about gains his administration has made in the fight against corruption, a PREMIUM TIMES investigations has revealed.

In what appears to be a major credibility stunt, President Jonathan read a speech in which he scored his government high on all sides.
Ok we can't blame the President for this oh. angry angry

Remember in Primary school after dictation and the teacher tells us to mark our papers. . .how many of you can honestly say you didn't erase the wrong answers and score yourself high?

Ehn ehn, it is the same thing here naaa. . .Our Presido thinks he is still in Primary School where you can use your spit to erase something you don't like and put what you want. And honestly, why does this surprise anyone? With the way he has been carrying on, there just had to be a state of arrested development at play there and this just proves it.

I say we take a page out of our old teachers' books and pretend we don't see the wet erased spot on the paper. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by acidtalk: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
Its no news that Jonathan is a bas*tard liar.

The only thing he knows how to do perfectly is to loot the National treasury. Aside that he is clueless in other areas.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Iaz93: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nawa oh... Maybe he was only wishin'......or maybe he was talking by faith...
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
Na today? We are already used to Lies! Am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Lakayana: 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
lacasa: As my mummy used to tell me

ALL LIARS GO TO ........

grin grin grin
Aljana
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI: @bbpreye,spambot stop spamming,we get ur message loud and clear

One day I will rule Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Dee60: 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
The problem is with GEJ's advisers and the fact that GEJ is not ready to fire people. I also thought that some things Mr President said sounded a bit off the mark.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by igbsam(m): 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
This man has been lying since the day he lost his shoes because say him wan play football for him primary school days and carelessly pull it off and left it under that mango tree. Sensing that his father would kill him for losting his shoe cos another badt guy Akpors don thief am waka. He ran to his uncle's house and told him that he had no shoes and the poor old man bought the story, secretly bought him another sandals. what a pity! And as a badt sharp guy with wonderful lying skills, he used this same method for campaigning and it earned him the presidential post of the Federal Republic of banana! oopss! sorry, NIGERIA. Lying runs in his blood. Lying in Liquid form has replaced the blood that runs in his veins. Kudos to the Lying president. Chief Liar of the Federal Republic.

My mama dey talk say; person wey dey lie, dey always thief. This is an example of that adage.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Havilah93(m): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
....the part where he said the government would not 'fail'
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Bollique: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Basic: GEJ may not have lied deliberately. He may have heard about the TI lie from our "cancerous" media.

Exactly my thought. This media crew U see around some of our politicians cook up stuffs to make their Bosses feel good. Anything can happen, no be 9ja?
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Genius100: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Frank-C:
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception

Open that link and be educated. Nigeria actually improved on global corruption perception rating and is one on the countries that made the most remarkable gain. Though i love the fact checking, it will better be appreciated if it is done with more open mind.

Here is the said article on business day...

The Federal Government’s fight against corruption is paying-off in the global arena as a survey by Transparency International (TI) shows Nigeria’s corruption perception has improved.

The survey on global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001 showed that the third best improvement in the world was in Nigeria, with its score improving by 1.5 points. In the scoring, Nigeria follows the United States of America, which scored 2 points, while Bangladesh scored the highest by 2.3 points.

Also in the survey, the corruption perception score showed that Nigeria displaced Zambia, Mauritius, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Botswana, Senegal, Cote d’Ivore, Malawi, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt, Namibia, and Tunisia.

Barely one year ago, the Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had vowed to tackle corruption in the country, saying the move would help the ministry to effectively deliver on its mandate.

Okonjo-Iweala was appointed last year by President Goodluck Jonathan to restore some order to Nigeria’s public finance. A former World Bank managing director, she is battling to reform one of the world’s most corrupt nations, without support from the shadowy “godfathers” who wield power from behind the scenes.

Nigeria scored higher than countries like Poland, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Belgium, Romania, Latvia, Bolivia, Estonia, Slovenia, Germany, Turkey, Hong Kong, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, India, Norway, Azerbaijani, Ecuador, Australia, France, Sweden, Costa Rica, Slovakia, Vietnam, and Kenya.

Other countries Nigeria scored higher than are Taiwan, Ukraine, Thailand, Pakistan, Russia, China, Croatia, Nicaragua, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Austria, Singapore, Lithuania, Denmark, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Luxembourg, Portugal, Moldova, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines, Chile, Columbia, Jordan, Panama, Finland, Argentina, the Dominican Republic, the United Kingdom, Uruguay, Bulgaria, Malaysia, Peru, Mexico, Hungary, Spain, Greece, Venezuela, Iceland, Uzbekistan, Italy, Israel, and Trinidad and Tobago.

The survey further showed that nine Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) countries have seen improving scores against five SSA countries that saw a decline (Namibia and South Africa) from high scores previously.

Two North African countries saw a big decline – and that may have contributed to the regime change which saw autocrats deposed in those countries. “The middle class in Tunisia was particularly incensed by the corruption in their country,” said Charlie Robertson, Managing Director, Global Chief Economist, Renaissance Capital.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan is so incompetent that he cannot even hire competent people to launder his image. Why is the article comparing our rating in 2011 to 2001? Do you guys think we are fools? The author for this article simply took advantage of Ribadu's good work under OBJ that led to the improvement. If you really want to know if GEJ has improved the war against corruption, compare 2011 to 2007 (when OBJ left) and GEJ became vice president or even compare 2011 to 2010 or 2009. GEJ is incompetent and all you 40 laptop clowns are even more incompetent..
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Leemak: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
may God almighty punish u u dis senseless retardeen GEJ for telling lies to d world against realities in Nigeria, may ur wife and self-sponsored governor Dickson of bayelsa not return to dis country alive again in IJN.......if u can no longer lead us as u promised why cant u tell d world facts about our country and lets those countries dt want to help us graant their aids.....pls tell me mr daft drunkard fisherman from Otueke wot are d reasons why u opened dt ur rubbish big mouth to tell lies against nigeria?.....pls im xpecting reply from members of 40 laptops puppets!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
acidtalk: Its no news that Jonathan is a bas*tard liar.

The only thing he knows how to do perfectly is to loot the National treasury. Aside that he is clueless in other areas.

You are a big foool. How can u be insulting GEJ like that? If you don't have respect for elders eat one basin of GARRI and hug the next transformer so u'll rot in hell! You are just an epitome of fooolishness, a retardeed slowpoke and a very dicombobulated dried fish!

Idi*ot!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
Frank-C:
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception

Open that link and be educated. Nigeria actually improved on global corruption perception rating and is one on the countries that made the most remarkable gain. Though i love the fact checking, it will better be appreciated if it is done with more open mind.

Sir, the fact is that he lied. Even from the defence you brought up for him, he still lied because Bussiness Day without quoting a source claimed that Transparent International (TI) said Nigeriia is the THIRD most improved country in the effort to curb corruption.
While GEJ said to our knowledge today that:
“In its latest report, Transparency International (TI) noted that Nigeria is the SECOND most improved country in the effort to curb corruption.”
The difference between 2nd and 3rd is an unforgivable mistake in any drafted and veted Presidential Speech, except in Nigeria?
Also, who knows if Business Day didn't get that statistics from one of the handlers of GEJ's 40 Laptops.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Wsdm: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
My question is ; why is the president always referring to an international observers as a yard stick to measure his performance? Tell us what we can feel directly as a people and stop telling us what a 'probably paid' foreigner said.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Biggyd2: 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ewele! I no fit shout ooo!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by SoloKoree(m): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
I know its Doyin that would put up the speech
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by DANILSA(m): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
lacasa: As my mummy used to tell me

ALL LIARS GO TO ........HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Gbawe: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Why are fans of GEJ so dishonest, nauseatingly bigoted and feudalistic? Folks can go to the TI website below to see that there is no 2012 rating yet.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/

The 2011 rating actually shows that Nigeria's corruption perception worsened under GEJ. I don't know whether to laugh or weep when noting the actions of some Nigerians. The bigoted and illogical devotion to flawed men , even blinding some to facts printed in black and white, is simply amazing to behold. GEJ is corruption and corruption is GEJ. Anyone not into self-deception would note this easily.

His 'David koresh' and "children of the corn" fans can attempt to deny that all they want. To be honest, I am ashamed of how bastardized the mentality of some Nigerians are to the extent they can no longer call a spade a spade and admit the truth as normal adults do worldwide. It is a sign many Nigerians are not mentally healthy. You can support folks fervently but ignoring proven and damning established facts is another thing entirely.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/102095-president-jonathan-lied-in-independence-anniversary-broadcast.html

President Jonathan lied in Independence anniversary broadcast

To give his claims international credibility, the presidents then said: “In its latest report, Transparency International (TI) noted that Nigeria is the second most improved country in the effort to curb corruption.”

[size=14pt]The lie[/size]

PREMIUM TIMES contacted Transparency International seeking a copy of its latest report which the President referred to in his speech.
[size=14pt]The group replied promptly disowning Mr. Jonathan and saying it had no such report.[/size]

“Transparency International does not have a recent rating or report that places Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption,” the group said in an email to this newspaper.
[size=14pt]The group said its most recent indexing of Nigeria’s corruption activities was in the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index, which measured perceived level of public sector corruption in the country.
In that index, Nigeria scored 2.4 on a scale where 0 means highly corrupt and 10 means very clean. It was ranked 143 out of 183 countries.
That rating was actually a dip in performance for Nigeria as the country was rated 134 out of 183 countries the previous year, 2010.
The president’s spokesperson would not comment for this story. The Special Adviser on Media, Reuben Abati as well as the Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe, did not answer or return calls.

They also did not reply text messages sent to their telephones.
Corruption cases Jonathan ignores[/size]

[b]Since resuming office in 2010, President Jonathan is believed not to have shown vigour in the fight against corruption – including corruption involving past and current actors in his administration. The tipping point in the president’s profile, regarding reluctance in promoting transparency, came when, in his last media chat, he scoffed at a question on why he had not publicly declared his asset. On live television, the president snapped “I don’t give a damn!”
The petroleum minister, Diezani Madueke, a close ally of the president, has heaps of established corruption allegations against her, but none has been investigated by Mr. Jonathan’s administration; while she still remains in office as one of the favorite ministers.
In August 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan secretly ordered the payment of $155 million to Malabu oil, a firm owned by an ex-convict and former petroleum minister, Dan Etete. Not only was the payment done without the knowledge of the Finance Minister, as revealed by PREMIUM TIMES, Malabu transferred the money into dubious accounts including that owned by a man with links to Mr. Jonathan. Both the Senate and the House of Representatives have agreed to investigate the Malabu scandal.
Two members of the President’s cabinet, Godsday Orubebe and Stella Oduah, illegally registered an NGO, Neighbour to Neighbour, on whose board they sit, and which they then used in campaigning for the President’s election; in contravention of CAC registration guidelines and the CAMA Act. The presidency has kept mum on this.
There have been several cases of visitors to the Presidential Villa being given huge sums of money after their visits. The Save Nigeria Group was offered $30 thousand, and the Northern elders N20 million; both groups rejected the cash gifts given to them by the presidency.
There are also mounts of corruption cases involving government officials, politicians and ‘friends of the government’ that have been lingering for years while perpetrators roam free.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
[size=18pt]DAMN LIAR[/size]
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by tellwsdom: 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
Who is jonathan?? sad
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by micklplus(m): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
In Fela's voice; Teacher Teacher oo Nor be lecturer be your name!
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by ABUGEORGE(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
Either good or bad lets try to speech d fact about dis whole issue. President jonathan is my president, fine, i hate dis man since d begining of dis year about dis subsidy probe, i was at home two week witout going anywhere due to strike becos of d increasement of fuel, even if ur special adviser to advice u to increase fuel at dat particular time where people have travelled to their various homes, village, town and city to celebrate xmas and new year dat was d same time u increase fuel price, do u know how many people traveled home dat couldnt return back due to transport increasement, and strike yet d president bone assive nothin is his concern. My guys lets try to be sincere to ourselves dis guy govt dull d full nigerians, nigerians didnt expect dis from dis man at all, for christ sake we no nigerians problem is much but at least we voted for u to decrease d problem not to increase d problem of nigerian. Wat we see is so so strike everywhere, death, and other bad things going on. Nigerian na wao, d problem much but easy to solve. Jonathan dull d country finish, e fall his hand, jonathan won every state becos we need change in nigerian and d fresh air he promise us not now dat people are regrettin. God save dis country naija na beg i dey beg

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Ijebulogic(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
Any Army General who goes to war without selecting the very best lieutanants will fail. GEJ must damn the consequences and fire all half-baked special advisers, speech writers, cabinet members etc and handpick only the best of the best (regardless of tribe, age etc and political god-fatherism) and get this country working. If any of my staff made such a blunder on a speech that I had to read to the world, the culprit and his entire team would be fired and never work in Government again. Its a disgrace that GEJ's research team dropped the ball so badly.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by micklplus(m): 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
Thanks Gbawe! Nice one there
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Lakayana: 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
tellwsdom: Who is jonathan?? sad
He is your papa.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by alaoeri: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
bbpreye:

One day I will rule Nigeria!
U 'll rather rule Niger/Delta, Nigeria ko Nigerai Ni.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by tpapi: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
Wat kind of weed did d op take dis evenin
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by oubi: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
[size=26pt]THIS SPACE IS FOR SALE[/size]
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by kasperone8: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
Frank-C:

I don't know the basis of the conclusion made in that business day report but I have checked the Transparency International report and the Corruption perception Index for Nigeria remains at 2.4 for both 2010 and 2011.You can check the web links below:

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2010/results#CountryResults

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2011/results#CountryResults
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Psylas(m): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
Real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha Campaigning For Akeredolu Aketi In Akure (Photos) / Buhari Can Preside From Anywhere, Says Oshiomhole / JUST IN: Adams Oshiomole And Wife Lara Seperate, Agree On Silence Deal - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.