Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. (17306 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / SSA To Saraki, Omishore Lied In His Tweet About El-Rufai - Olatunde Bakare / Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
Why are some persons so allergic to GOOD NEWS in Nigeria? How come non of the media organisations in Nigeria, besides business day, publicised the improvement in our corruption ranking? I'm sure if the reverse had been the case, the news would have been all over the place. Why do some persons delight in holding Nigeria down for selfish political and primordial sentiments? Other countries are hyping their country and all that they have but in Nigeria some person believe that the only way they can come to power is by preventing the incumbent from achieving anything in 4yrs. This sort of mentality is SATANIC, DEVILISH, PRIMORDIAL and WICKED. The truth is that no matter how much an incumbent achieves while in office, there will always be so much left undone and so much new ground to cover. These new grounds will then form the issues that contending parties will battle each other over in the next elections. If Jonathan for instance solves the power problem in Nigeria or re-constructs all our roads, it does not foreclose the chances of opposition winning in 2015. It simply means that going to 2015 elections, the battle will shift to other areas where we still hav challenges,eg the ACN can promise to give Nigerians 100% made in Nigerian car within 1yr in office if elected. This is what is done in other progressing nations. This FEAR by the foot solders of ACN and CPC that once Jonathan performs well or if they admit progress in certain areas now, that 2015 elections will be as good as lost is STUPID. Unfortunately, this unfounded FEAR is what drives the foot solders of ACN and CPC to spend sleepless nights online trying to counter any reported progress and reign all manner of ABUSES on Jonathan. I hope that soon come sense will prevail

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by dino2006(m): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
I saw a red-blue-white flag hoisted behind Jona, during d telecast. Is dat our new flag undecided undecided, or is it my tele dat is color traumatized ? grin grin
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
Why are some persons so allergic to GOOD NEWS in Nigeria? How come non of the media organisations in Nigeria, besides business day, publicised the improvement in our corruption ranking? I'm sure if the reverse had been the case, the news would have been all over the place. Why do some persons delight in holding Nigeria down for selfish political and primordial sentiments? Other countries are hyping their country and all that they have but in Nigeria some person believe that the only way they can come to power is by preventing the incumbent from achieving anything in 4yrs. This sort of mentality is SATANIC, DEVILISH, PRIMORDIAL and WICKED. The truth is that no matter how much an incumbent achieves while in office, there will always be so much left undone and so much new ground to cover. These new grounds will then form the issues that contending parties will battle each other over in the next elections. If Jonathan for instance solves the power problem in Nigeria or re-constructs all our roads, it does not foreclose the chances of opposition winning in 2015. It simply means that going to 2015 elections, the battle will shift to other areas where we still hav challenges,eg the ACN can promise to give Nigerians 100% made in Nigerian car within 1yr in office if elected. This is what is done in other progressing nations. This FEAR by the foot solders of ACN and CPC that once Jonathan performs well or if they admit progress in certain areas now, that 2015 elections will be as good as lost is STUPID. Unfortunately, this unfounded FEAR is what drives the foot solders of ACN and CPC to spend sleepless nights online trying to counter any reported progress and reign all manner of ABUSES on Jonathan. I hope that soon come sense will prevail[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Gbawe: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Why are some persons so allergic to GOOD NEWS in Nigeria? How come non of the media organisations in Nigeria, besides business day, publicised the improvement in our corruption ranking? I'm sure if the reverse had been the case, the news would have been all over the place. Why do some persons delight in holding Nigeria down for selfish political and primordial sentiments? Other countries are hyping their country and all that they have but in Nigeria some person believe that the only way they can come to power is by preventing the incumbent from achieving anything in 4yrs. This sort of mentality is SATANIC, DEVILISH, PRIMORDIAL and WICKED. The truth is that no matter how much an incumbent achieves while in office, there will always be so much left undone and so much new ground to cover. These new grounds will then form the issues that contending parties will battle each other over in the next elections. If Jonathan for instance solves the power problem in Nigeria or re-constructs all our roads, it does not foreclose the chances of opposition winning in 2015. It simply means that going to 2015 elections, the battle will shift to other areas where we still hav challenges,eg the ACN can promise to give Nigerians 100% made in Nigerian car within 1yr in office if elected. This is what is done in other progressing nations. This FEAR by the foot solders of ACN and CPC that once Jonathan performs well or if they admit progress in certain areas now, that 2015 elections will be as good as lost is STUPID. Unfortunately, this unfounded FEAR is what drives the foot solders of ACN and CPC to spend sleepless nights online trying to counter any reported progress and reign all manner of ABUSES on Jonathan. I hope that soon come sense will prevail

Guy, try and follow the thread. This "work of the enemy" approach is tired and played out. It is now leading some of you to speak without even noting what others are saying. Your President lied. It is as simple as that. Simply go to the TI website to note there is no existence of the image-laundering declaration your President wanted to fool Nigerians with. Very sad and proof of what many say about GEJ.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Blackbody20(m): 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
That's his talent. Let him use it.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Ayorh4you(m): 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
Bolinco: Fighting corruption indeed...,after al d inocent nigerians hav die, lose of people and properties is al wat u do in dis ur admistration.GEj u 2 de lie,may d lord of lie 4giv u.

abeg, wia u sch? Jst bein curious. U English na gbagaun! U nid go bak 2 sec sch (datz if u eva graduated frm sec sch)
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Lawconfessor(f): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
D word of GOD said:: D Stone Which My Critics Threw At Me Will Stumble Back, Crush & Wound Dem Severely"

For d pit which GEJ's heaters dug for him, surely wil be deir reward.

He dat Wishes our presido's downfall, shall be crowned wit downfall at d gate of UPLIFTMENT.

Long Live Gej(Nwa Chi Mere Eze). GOD IS WIT THEE. U'll always hav our PRAYERS IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by SisiKill1: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Why are some persons so allergic to GOOD NEWS in Nigeria? How come non of the media organisations in Nigeria, besides business day, publicised the improvement in our corruption ranking? I'm sure if the reverse had been the case, the news would have been all over the place. Why do some persons delight in holding Nigeria down for selfish political and primordial sentiments? Other countries are hyping their country and all that they have but in Nigeria some person believe that the only way they can come to power is by preventing the incumbent from achieving anything in 4yrs. This sort of mentality is SATANIC, DEVILISH, PRIMORDIAL and WICKED. The truth is that no matter how much an incumbent achieves while in office, there will always be so much left undone and so much new ground to cover. These new grounds will then form the issues that contending parties will battle each other over in the next elections. If Jonathan for instance solves the power problem in Nigeria or re-constructs all our roads, it does not foreclose the chances of opposition winning in 2015. It simply means that going to 2015 elections, the battle will shift to other areas where we still hav challenges,eg the ACN can promise to give Nigerians 100% made in Nigerian car within 1yr in office if elected. This is what is done in other progressing nations. This FEAR by the foot solders of ACN and CPC that once Jonathan performs well or if they admit progress in certain areas now, that 2015 elections will be as good as lost is STUPID. Unfortunately, this unfounded FEAR is what drives the foot solders of ACN and CPC to spend sleepless nights online trying to counter any reported progress and reign all manner of ABUSES on Jonathan. I hope that soon come sense will prevail

Allergic to good news??!

Oh you you mean Allergic to lies right? Ah in that case, what is wrong in that?

Sensible people don't just swallow anything thrown at them just because it is "Good News".

Sensible people would rather be told the truth, no matter how grim it is than be lied to.

Sensible people prefer REALITY to FANTASY!!

Moment of truth Broda mine. . .are you are sensible person?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Ijebulogic(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2012
dino2006: I saw a red-blue-white flag hoisted behind Jona, during d telecast. Is dat our new flag undecided undecided, or is it my tele dat is color traumatized ? grin grin

Noticed as well. Na wa o!
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
@Gbawe..,check out this report by Business day and see who the liar is- http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception
When the same transparence international ranked us low, all hell was let loose but now that they claim we have made progress, some SEE NO GOOD persons are shocked.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by yertyr(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
Wats d stress... Who doesn't lie, Obj lied wen he denied comin 4 4th tenure... Please let d man be... Do u prefer him paintin wrong pix of nigeria to d world?...of wat benefit is dat?
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by ChideraFavour(m): 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
Y do u ppl tend 2 judge any action takin by ds so called president,can't him hv peace 4 one second? Ha! Gej do ds one Gej do dt one wht hv u ursef done 2 make ds country beta? even dose dt can't even manage demsef not 2 talk of deir family ar stil complainin,directn Gej. Y can't we lov n appreciate wht's our own? Gej is tryn his best at least he can't kill himsef 4 ds country n beside d issue of Nigeria problem cannot b handle n solve by one man alone,it need evrybody's effort infat.........................
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by ariy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
laptop crew are losing the case. pls come out to defend your...
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Gbawe: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: @Gbawe..,check out this report by Business day and see who the liar is- http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception
When the same transparence international ranked us low, all hell was let loose but now that they claim we have made progress, some SEE NO GOOD persons are shocked.

You are clearly someone who can't appreciate what is written in black and white. Forget anyone else. The TI your President quoted has officially denied that they have released anything to justify the lies of your President. Stop being so nauseatingly dishonest.

Everything boils down to TI corroborating or denying GEJ's claim. They have now denied GEJ's claim and latest official submissions on their website make it obvious GEJ was fed a pack of lies he did not have the forthrightness to check before attempting the spin and deceit his looting Government is becoming increasingly famous for to the extent the USA branded him as "unserious" in the fight against corruption. This is proof your President is clueless and only concerned with perpetuating himself in office using spin and deceit. I really don't know what to make of your continous blind defense of a lie. Businessday or anyone else does not matter here. This is entirely about transparency International.

They have no official perception survey for 2012 yet. Below is their 2010 and 2011 corruption perception tables. Read it , check the position of Nigeria in 2010 and 2011, and stop wasting the time of the forum.

[size=14pt]Nigeria was 134 out of 183 in 2010 and 143 out of 183 in 2011. there is no figure for 2012 yet. Now, attempt to spin that !!!![/size]

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2010/results#CountryResults

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2011/results#CountryResults

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by machuks1986(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
Pls explain wat is in dat link,cos i dnt tink al dos figures r true
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by yohannazack(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
1 bn for feedin, first lady as wel as perm sect, otedola as presidential economy team member, the most travld president in the world even when his pple are dyin. Yet a corruption crusader, clap fo urself.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by FLYFIRE(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
The biggest problem we have is that of tribalism. Why would you pull someone down just because he is not from your region & not of your religion. Why do these people condemn the president pretending not to see the visible changes taking place right now. The truth of the matter is that Nigerians are seeing & that is the best report the govt can present. No one will deliberately be wicked to another & not pay for it. With the little the president has done, he will get my family's vote if he decides to run again. Haters will die of heart attack at the end of this term. F.OOOOLS
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Smartjeezy(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
234 is her code, she sits at
the
heart of Africa.
GREEN and WHITE are her
colors.
They call her the giant of
Africa.
Yes, she's got issues as any
important personality will do
'coz of the attention she
attracts from
so many.
She just turned 52 and so
many
feel she's reached
COUNTRYPAUSE
(MENOPAUSE) and can't
produce
good things anymore. It took
many of her counterparts
centuries to produce
offspring:
GREAT BRITAIN became
great after
becoming a grandfather.
UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA
became united at the
"Methuselah's" age.
She's still undergoing the
'growing' process.
TO ALL NIGERIANS,
Remember, no matter how
far
you travel, wherever you
find yourself, wherever the
struggle
for a better life takes you.
No matter the situation on
ground.
NIGERIA IS STILL OUR BABY!
and
her growth is up to us.
Remember this is who we
are:
~ STRONG
~ SURVIVOR
~ SMART
~ JUST
~ PRUDENT ~ GREEN WHITE
GREEN
Soon, many will scale
heights to
obtain the GREEN passport.
Many will want to marry my
children and grand children
to be
called GREEN. Come rain,
come shine,
I'll always be proud to be
BLACK
I'll always be proud to fly
GREEN
I'll always be proud to be a
NIGERIAN
I'll always be proud to be
called AFRICAN.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA!!!
GOD BLESS ME,GOD BLESS
YOU
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by chucky234(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
tellwsdom: Who is jonathan?? sad
Na one fisherman wey no get shoes,him learned how to live with animals for university.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by dayokanu(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
Retardeen Jonathan caught lying again. This man is reaching for the lowest of lows. How can one be this clueless

[size=28pt]Nigeria was 134 out of 183 in 2010 and 143 out of 183 in 2011. there is no figure for 2012 yet[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by ballabriggs: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
Damburuba shege banza!!!!

So after one cup of Sapele water, Jona shine eyes enter national TV dey read the lies wey in and Oronto compose eh?

Ovoko!!!

Amadioha where you dey OOOOOOO. You no go just strike these demonic people into two for us.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by BetaThings: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
bbpreye: He did not lie!
Why do we enjoy insulting our President?
Go and get ur facts right.

One day, GEJ will shame all his critics!
Just because he's an Ijaw man! I can't wait for us to break out from this country, then the rest of you should enjoy credible leadership from the Abokis!

#LIVEfrom OtueKe!

Are these guys Ijaw men too? Accept criticism. It comes with the office!

Beaf:

Obasanjo and yar Adua (RIP?) are far from Nigeria's worst leaders.

Yar Adua has been useless, but that doesn't compare to the astronomic levels of corruption that IBB introduced into the Nigerian polity. .

hatch#:
Yar'adua may go down Nigeria's book of history as probably the worst leader we have heard so far. Contrary to Nigerians expectations when he proclaimed to be a leader that believed in the rule of Law and the Constitution.

Certainly his selection and emergence as the Nigerian President has been anything to write home about and his rather slow and sluggish approach to issues when he was still in control shows that his nickname as "Baba Go-Slow" was an understatement.
(

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Gbawe: 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
FLYFIRE: The biggest problem we have is that of tribalism. Why would you pull someone down just because he is not from your region & not of your religion. Why do these people condemn the president pretending not to see the visible changes taking place right now. The truth of the matter is that Nigerians are seeing & that is the best report the govt can present. No one will deliberately be wicked to another & not pay for it. With the little the president has done, he will get my family's vote if he decides to run again. Haters will die of heart attack at the end of this term. F.OOOOLS

The only person displaying tribalism is you. We should all accept the lies of an individual who is President to all Nigerians from every corner of the Nation? Yes, everyone should simply say nothing regarding blatant lies designed to deceive Nigerians into thinking a Government that is looting unconscionably is fighting corruption.

Perhaps the USA suffers from "tribalism" also when they announced that GEJ is not serious about fighting corruption. You are not even ashamed your president is caught lying so blatantly. Next, we will all be feigning righteous indignation when non-Nigerians say we are liars, fraudsters and a highly deceptive people.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by sammmiey1: 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
Can sumbody pls tel me somethin?....what's so unique in garri dat virtualy al&sundry r so freak abt it in nairaland?smh
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by oradee: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
is Nairaland loosing sponsors? ive noticed that its site doesnt have as much adverts as it used to from them top notch companies...hope all is well?!?
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Pukkah: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
bbpreye: He did not lie!
Why do we enjoy insulting our President?
Go and get ur facts right.

One day, GEJ will shame all his critics!
Just because he's an Ijaw man! I can't wait for us to break out from this country, then the rest of you should enjoy credible leadership from the Abokis!

#LIVEfrom OtueKe!

Those of you who play the tribal card whenever President Jonathan is being criticized are actually the ones making him appear weak, vulnerable and helpless.

How come the Yorubas did not whine when Obasanjo was under virulent attacks? Were you in this country when some even called him a 'monkey'?

How come the Hausa/Fulani did not whine when Yar'Adua was severely criticized and was the butt of jokes? Where were you when people eating in restaurants and 'bukas' asked for 'one Yar'Adua' when they wanted to order for a piece of snail? Have you forgotten about 'Yaradull'?

Now that Jonathan is being served the meal that was served to all his predecessors, you guys have become tribalistic and ethnocentric.

You're even threatening to break away. Break away now! What or who is stopping you?

But remember, if you break away without being strong to face criticisms and contain attacks, you will break away into tribalism. Imagine Jonathan as the President of your Ijaw kingdom. You will retort that his critics are from Sagbama, Kaiama, Kolokuma, Nembe, Opolo, Mbiama, or worse still, from some clan in his Otuoke village!

Grow up! Grow strong!! That's the way life is.

Defend the hard issues being raised and stop petty tribalism. It is the presence of many people like you that gives me the impression that Nigerians have not suffered enough.

Lastly, 'live from where' did you say? Otueke? You couldn't even spell the name of the President's village yet you're a tribal champion.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by lanrefront1(m): 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
President Jonathan perpetrated an unprecendented fraud of 2.7 trillion on Nigerians through the fuel subsidy scam just because he wanted to win the presidential elections at all cost. Every other fraud or embezzlement is child's play besides this monumental fraud. Anyone who thinks a record breaker in the magnititude of money ever embezzled in the country, can fight corruption in that same country deserves to have his head checked.

Fighting corruption ko, fighting corruption ni.
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by taharqa: 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gbawe:

The only person displaying tribalism is you. We should all accept the lies of an individual who is President to all Nigerians from every corner of the Nation? Yes, everyone should simply say nothing regarding blatant lies designed to deceive Nigerians into thinking a Government that is looting unconscionably is fighting corruption.

Perhaps the USA suffers from "tribalism" also when they announced that GEJ is not serious about fighting corruption[b][/b]. You are not even ashamed your president is caught lying so blatantly. Next, we will all be feigning righteous indignation when non-Nigerians say we are liars, fraudsters and a highly deceptive people.

@Gbawe. Thou ACN Goon, are you not getting the bolded part upside down: American and other International groups withdrew during Yar'adua tenure who they openingly accused of stalling the half-hearted efforts of Obasanjo( you culd not have forgotten now, could you?); they only re-engaged after GEJ took over cos of some measure of sincerity they said they saw.

No LIES plz, but you can mastur.bate away; you are apparently having a 'free' day
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by LeJeun3: 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
bbpreye:

One day I will rule Nigeria!

From ya Canoe abi?
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by oradee: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
Whobedatte: beaf, a.k.a reno omokri is now active more on twitter defending the retardeen

whats his handle if u got it...tnx
Re: Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. by Jeboy(m): 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
@Gbawe

I used to respect you before but the way you are attempting to be blind to d truth just because you want to call a dog a bad name. Its not fair. I remembered the TI rating improvement was the first post I created in Nairaland and people did not bother to comment because it was good news. Now you prefer to escalate evil because it will boost your ego. You want TI to give you rating for 2012 year when we have not finished 3rd Quarter of 2012. The TI rating we re talking about is for 2012. He might have missed dis years anti-corruption work for last years landmark improvement for TI rating but dat does not remove the fact that it so improved while he is charge. Gbawe and Co would have been happy if the indicators were pointing d country in bad light. You guys don't behave like progressives at all. Is that how people scan through Fashola govt to look for loopholes? This cheap black mail won't take you guys anywhere. Criticize and be a worthy opposition for the sake of progress and not blackmail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo Election 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Will Defeat Akeredolu – Tambuwal / Ekiti: No Plans To Dump APC, We Will Teach Them Lessons - Bamidele, Bamisile / Pictures From Peter Obi & Datti's Town Hall Meeting With Jigawa State Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.