Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,310 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies (15845 Views)

Please Who Else Thinks 50 Shades Of Grey Is Over Hyped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
BTW Inception is really good. It may take a while to understand but once u do u begin to appreciate it. Whoever wrote that script must be an alien life force. Whoever thinks of having dreams within dreams? Awesome.

I suppose sucker punch is along the same line. Still haven't gotten the concept tho. Shld watch it again.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by yesboss20(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
Inception was by far the best movie made in 2010...and among the top 3 of the decade! One simply has to listen, think abt it and you'd be blown away. To say a movie is trash after seeing it just once is all so wrng! Try watching most of these movies again, with subtitles and I tell you, you might just have a rethink - Inception, Adjustment Bureau, Avatar and Shutter Island.
More than a decade ago, when the Matrix was creating so much buzz, a lot of us didn't understand the concept portrayed in the movie until after some rewatching.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by semid4lyfe(m): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
lalaosky:

GBAM...spot on..300 was great. As for someone sayin 3 idiots is over hype, he must be high...that flick together with MY NAME IS KHAN are my best bollywood movie i've watched so far

Abegii, make we hear word jare. I'm tired of peeps talking 3 Idiots all the time as if it's the S.I unit for Bollywood movies.

I watch Indian movies a lot and I've seen many better ones. e.g. Ghajini (2008), Guzaarish (2010), Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001), Jodhaa Akbar (2008), Fanaa (2006), Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001), Namastey London (2007), Race (2008) etc. Try watch some of these movies if you haven't seen 'em and come back to thank me wink

3 Idiots is not THAT good and it's over-hyped IMO.

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by PhysicsQED(m): 1:25am On Oct 06, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you sure it's not the fake one you watched?

I saw it in a theater. Not only did it not live up to the hype, it just wasn't even great period. It was an above average movie that was over hyped through media, marketing, advertising, etc.

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 06, 2012
1. Avatar (blue aliens speaking some weird language? I don't dig at all)
2. Twilight (Stupid, lame-a$$ and annoying love story)
3. Safe House(seriously, what was this even about? Cos all I saw was a gunfight)
4. Lord of the Rings (wtf mehn?)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean- All of them (Seriously, let's not even go there)
6. Colombiana (I tried watching this movie twice and I slept even before halfway both times. That was how BORING it was)
7. Did I mention Avatar? Well, I'm just gonna say it again; AVATAR!!!
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I saw it in a theater. Not only did it not live up to the hype, it just wasn't even great period. It was an above average movie that was over hyped through media, marketing, advertising, etc.
No one marketed the movie to me, I never saw the advert on any media, I just stumbled on it on a friend's laptop, without any recommendation from her, I watched it & those I later recommended it to, do come back to pat me in the back, Dude.. 3 idiots is one of the greatest movie Bollywood has produced... Love it or Hate it
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Aal izz well

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Luluvich(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
ItsModella: 1. Avatar (blue aliens speaking some weird language? I don't dig at all)
2. Twilight (Stupid, lame-a$$ and annoying love story)
3. Safe House(seriously, what was this even about? Cos all I saw was a gunfight)
4. Lord of the Rings (wtf mehn?)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean- All of them (Seriously, let's not even go there)
6. Colombiana (I tried watching this movie twice and I slept even before halfway both times. That was how BORING it was)
7. Did I mention Avatar? Well, I'm just gonna say it again; AVATAR!!!

without sounding insulting, if these intelligent movies seem boring to you, what are the ones you actually loved?
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
Luluvich:

without sounding insulting, if these intelligent movies seem boring to you, what are the ones you actually loved?
o'boy, that's why this thread is called waaaaayy over hyped movies, movies that were intelligent to other people but just didn't do it for you. But if you want to see some movies I love, go to https://www.nairaland.com/937945/best-movie-youve-watched-year/2
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2012
as a movie enthusiast we have to understand the type of movie being chunked out by production houses can either be a pure entertainer or art work.The movies which are entertainers like avengers,spiderman,bourne series,these movies are just purely entertainment they can be of low quality like avengers and still sell at the box office,but we can have exception like dark knight series,inception which are entertainers and also of high quality.ALSO we have art house movies which the production houses don't expect to appeal to everybody but only few people,movies like this are in the name of the king,black swan,the aviator and many more of such movies.these art movies are not meant to sell at the box office also they are of far better quality than this entertainers movies.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by vescucci(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
Inception is not overhyped. But some idiots think it's cool to say they like it when they really don't understand what went down in it. It's fine to say you didn't get it. That said, it's a great movie but I felt it should have concentrated on the means more than the end i.e. the dream within a dream within a dream thingie rather than just trying to get industrial secrets and edge.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by PhysicsQED(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
ogbeche77:
No one marketed the movie to me, I never saw the advert on any media, I just stumbled on it on a friend's laptop, without any recommendation from her, I watched it & those I later recommended it to, do come back to pat me in the back, Dude.. 3 idiots is one of the greatest movie Bollywood has produced... Love it or Hate it

I was talking about the movie 300, not 3 idiots, which I've never watched. 300 was over-hyped and when it came out, overpraised, in the west and the hype and undeserved excessive praise made the movie seem better than it was.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by PhysicsQED(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
I definitely agree that Inception is not over hyped. That was a really great movie.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I was talking about the movie 300, not 3 idiots, which I've never watched. 300 was over-hyped and when it came out, overpraised, in the west and the hype and undeserved excessive praise made the movie seem better than it was.

Check Ur post again.. You quoted 3 idiots not 300... I agree 300 is over hyped too...
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by PhysicsQED(m): 2:20am On Oct 09, 2012
ogbeche77:
Check Ur post again.. You quoted 3 idiots not 300...

Well I quoted where afam4eva disagreed with my suggestion that 300 was overrated. His statement is on p.7 and my quote of his statement is on this page.

Glad you and some other people agree on 300 being over hyped. I knew I couldn't be the only one that saw past the hype.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by mikron(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2012
bigass: ORUNMORU
AGBELEKU
RETURN OF ABIJA
BABA WANDE AND THE GANG
ARELU
na only yoruba film u dey watch?
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by mikron(m): 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
berem: Can't remember the last time I watched movies both nigerian and foreign! Smh
so what do u watch? boko haram?
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
Naija suppose don get boko haram film by now.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by OmniSparrow: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2013
Ogbeche77: How on earth can I forget London Boulevard... I want my 2 hours back
I watched this movie with a benefit of doubt, cos am not always comfortable with British movies.. But this made me reach a conclusion that all British movies are shitt!!! Except the King's Speech
Watch 'Snatch' and 'Lock, stock, and two smokin barrels'.

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by OmniSparrow: 10:01am On Aug 18, 2013
~vicky~:
Titanic
Heat
The Witches of East wick
Sideways
Ije
Crocodile Dundee
You actually listed titanic, heat, and crocodile dundee as over-hyped? Get a new weed supplier. U must be smoking pawpaw leaves.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Shugamania(f): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2013
Shutter island tops d list anyday.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2013
I'm adding Oblivion...i hated it angry

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
uj_sizzle: I'm adding Oblivion...i hated it angry

100 likes

other movies this year:

Behind The candelabra

Upstream Color (Thank you imdb)

After Earth

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
All those yeye superhero movies undecided
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Shutter island. The movie is forking long and boring angry >sad
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by kimco(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123: Shutter island. I dnt understand the movie at all cos it's not for me angry >sad
Fixed that for u.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by kimco(m): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2013
this year...hansel nd grettel. Too short, weak plot. Lot nd lots of plot holes. Witches trying to overcome fire. News flash, they can akso behead u etc. Why dnt u focus on making urself much more powerful so u dnt have to be caught and burnt in the first place. Stupid movie.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123: All those yeye superhero movies undecided
lol don't like tights? tongue

Les Miserables was pretty interesti,g once i got over the stupid length of the movie and the annoying songs.

White House Down n Olympus has Fallen felt like watching the same movie sad
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Les Miserables was pretty interesti,g once i got over the stupid length of the movie and the annoying songs.

White House Down n Olympus has Fallen felt like watching the same movie sad

the rule says overhyped movies
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Shugamania(f): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2013
kimco:
Fixed that for u.

What's there not to understand?
At d end i was wondering if they were trying to drive me crazy and send me to d island too.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 19, 2013
uj_sizzle:
lol don't like tights? (

Lol. The movies are just boring.....

kimco:
Fixed that for u.

Lol. I'm being real here. I watched the movie twice. Still hated it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Shy In-law - Mr Macaroni, Sisi Quadri & Motunde (Video) / Nollywood Movies Africa Magic Should Stop Screening / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.