Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies (15848 Views)

Please Who Else Thinks 50 Shades Of Grey Is Over Hyped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2012
omenziate: Transformers 3
Hunger games
Figurine
Twilight - d most recent one.
i love the effects in transformer 3...try watching on a big screen and good sound...its great, storyline, you may have to swing that
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2012
semid4lyfe:
4. Black Swan (2010)
I still don't understand this movie till date.

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by killuminati(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2012
Blasphemous-christians-made-movie... 'Innocence of islam'

Total waste of time and resources to tarnish the image of the holy prophet. undecided

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2012
semid4lyfe: Too many to mention but off the top of my head, I'll say

1. The Iron Lady (2011)
2. The Hunger Games (2012)
3. Drive (2011)
4. Black Swan (2010)
5. Wanted (2008). . .with Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie and James McCavoy
6. Wanted (2009). . .Bollywood movie starring Salman Khan
7. The Bodyguard (2011). . .Bollywood movie starring Salman Khan
8. Ra.One (2011). . .very effed up movie. SRK fall my hand big time for this movie

In short, I don't put much stock on IMDB ratings of movie anymore cos I've been disappointed too many times.

i've had Drive on my laptop for a while, each time i try to watch it, it just pisses me off
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by omodapson(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2012
maryjames9: Avatar, The Avengers, Harry Porter? Lolz Avatar is a big hit and won lots of awards. Harry porter? Which one of them? Dont agree with you. These are good films. Our problem i guess is after watching these films,we simply think they are garbage. Just like a guy chasing a beautiful damsel. After a taste,he no longer appreciate her again even though she's an angel.

Could you tell me anything fascinating about those films? How do they affect our day to day living? The last time I checked, they all belong to a certain genre called Fantasy which has no direct impact on our lives. Those movies are at best celebration of technology and nothing more. In my books, they still remain over hyped but Avatar is still ok sha.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by misreal(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2012
Commando grin
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Ejine(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2012
Look no further than FIGHT CLUB!
People don sing about this useless film and how it sparked some debate and shiit like that, but that movie's as hollow as they come angry
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Chikebrain: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2012
Salt is way too overrated Hunger games, Resident evil retribution (The movie nor get sense)
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2012
Ejiné: Look no further than FIGHT CLUB!
People don sing about this useless film and how it sparked some debate and shiit like that, but that movie's as hollow as they come angry
What's the movie hyped or just bad.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by blackbeau1(f): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2012
For those of u saying hunger games,go and read the book.its far more interesting

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2012
'Drive' could me bore someone to death.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2012
black_beau: For those of u saying hunger games,go and read the book.its far more interesting
We're talking movies here and you're talking nonsense(books)
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by dejiswaggs(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2012
Adechyno: Tah!!! I disconcur wit yu... I love dat movie... I can watch it over & over again. I like d name of d first Barsoomian(Tars Tarkas), John Carter encounters when he appears on Mars.
D guy no sabi film ni. grin

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by dipo1: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2012
TAKEN is one helluva over-hyped picture. I haven't seen TAKEN II though
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by nous(f): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2012
Irapada
Last flight to Abuja (I was totally disappointed). To think that I wasted 1,500 to watch it in the cinema is what annoys me most.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by dejiswaggs(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2012
killuminati: Blasphemous-christians-made-movie... 'Innocence of islam'

Total waste of time and resources to tarnish the image of the holy prophet. undecided
God Go Bless You and Your Family Bro! wink
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Ejine(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
What's the movie hyped or just bad.

Hyped, AND dry!
Critics who keep listing that movie in their "Best of the 90's" list just keep confusing me, mehn. undecided
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 02, 2012
Lord of The Rings.1-3 They acted the movie too early, the technology could not potray the storyline. I feel that movie should have been far far better
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by tjskii(f): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2012
gmyguy:

The novel for the Hobbit has been written a long time ago, am sure its based on the novel.....over ten years ago if not more, am sure it will be very very interesting if you are into middle-ages stuff

Oh yeah,iv read d book,really enjoyed it,I'm just trying to say I dnt think the director will be able to capture d hobbit to film as wonderfully as he captured lord of d rings from d snippets iv seen
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by zeefever: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2012
Black swan. On the local scene,it has to be 'Mirror BoY"
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Luluvich(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2012
dipo+:

over hyped? so are you saying it wasn't any good?
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by tjskii(f): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2012
Ejiné:

Hyped, AND dry!
Critics who keep listing that movie in their "Best of the 90's" list just keep confusing me, mehn. undecided
Its cos u just watched it,if ud seen it in d 90s wen d film was made,it mite av made more sense to u,I also didn't get wat was so interestin bout it
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Mcleo007(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2012
ebamma: Harry Porter
Harry Porter
Harry Porter
Harry Porter

I beg to disagree with you. The movie is about the best there ever can be.

rudee007: Twilight Series! Way too boring

I can't agree less. sad

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2012
dipo+:
I hope it's not the TAKEN that was played by baba suwe that you watched. TAKEN still remains one of the best movies i've watched for the past 5 years. Don't even go there.

Does anyone know if TAKEN 2 is showing in the cinemas?

3 Likes

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2012
The Departed... When i saw it won d academy,i was so eager to watch.. End result was boredom
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Alaafialoro(m): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2012
1. Avatar
2. The expendables
3. Harry porter ( never understand it)
4. Most Jet li‘s movies
etc
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2012
omodapson: Avatar
The Avengers
Harry Porter
Captain America
so many of them...

What?!!! The Avengers was too good to be true!
'Hulk......Smash!'

3 Likes

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Luluvich(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2012
omodapson:

Could you tell me anything fascinating about those films? How do they affect our day to day living? The last time I checked, they all belong to a certain genre called Fantasy which has no direct impact on our lives. Those movies are at best celebration of technology and nothing more. In my books, they still remain over hyped but Avatar is still ok sha.

dude, these movies are purely for the pleasure thrill of dialogue with technological or magical sequence. That's what makes it Fantastic. if you're basing the quality of a movie on how it affects day to day living, I guess you'd better stick to dramas based on true life stories.

1 Like

Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2012
ogbeche77: The Departed... When i saw it won d academy,i was so eager to watch.. End result was boredom
I don't know why most Academy award winning movies always fall short of expectation whenever i watch them.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by dare2think: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2012
The most over-hyped senseless movie of all time is adjustment bureau.

Wasted about 2 hours of my life? God punish that director.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2012
zeefever: Black swan. On the local scene,it has to be 'Mirror BoY"

hmmmm bn thinking of seeing that movie..can't seem to find it anywhere.
Re: Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies by UjSizzle(f): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2012
zeefever: Black swan. On the local scene,it has to be 'Mirror BoY"

Black swan soooo true. Didn't even get what the movie was about and after two trys of watching it n falling asleep i gave up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nollywood Movies Africa Magic Should Stop Screening / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Big Brother Naija Craze: Why Nigerian Youths Are Too Young To Run - Osayimwen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.