Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75274 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by sartorius(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2008
hitv defrauded me of 4000? embarassed cry i make i work in the teaching hospital in ife, why i should i go to yaba to activate my account, gtb bank activation is not working , wake up HITV, tayo aderinokun the owner of hitv should tranfer gtb uniqness to hitv,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by adewoyin: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2008
am frm ile-ife osun state,pls kindly update me on ur teller no--and date u paid with ur smart card no--sartious, am soorry 4 dat,hitv are coming up,please bear with them.u can call me on my number 08029461534, i will surely attend to u,coker pls urfriend always help out.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2008
@adewoyin
customer don come grin. Joking
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2008
hi all,please alway pay your subscription at any gtbank branch nationwide.please don't say you pay at gtbank and it don't come up.ask twinstaiye,he made is payment today at the bank and it came up in less than an hour.alway make sure you write out your s/card number clearly.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2008
@adewoyin
i am in ile-ife osun state too and i use hitv but my installer is in osogbo cos i installed when there was no hitv installer in ife,i already copied out ur number and i wud contact u,so glad to finally find someone close to my end on this thread
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2008
urfriend:

hi all,please alway pay your subscription at any gtbank branch nationwide.please don't say you pay at gtbank and it don't come up.ask twinstaiye,he made is payment today at the bank and it came up in less than an hour.alway make sure you write out your s/card number clearly.

@urfriend

This pay at GTBank and immediate activation does it not include those of us with Strong Decoders?

Each time I pay, I have to call and call the office for activation.

I didnt give myself the Strong decoder. It was the one Hitv gave me when I subscribed August of last year.

No but its not just those with Strong Decoders, I sent you a mail about my issue and a friends which I later told you its been activated.

My friend has a hitv decoder and to avoid problems, he paid three days before his subscription ran out(in a GTBank).

It didnt come on till the saturday of the match and that was after we had called a nd called the office for them to activate it.

There must be something wrong somewhere if some people get activated immediately and others don't.

The first time I paid through GTBank, it was easy cause I got through to your office phonelines fast ,but now it seems a million and one people are always on those customer care lines and thus, it has become a tortuous task.

We are really exasperated right now and honestly our expectations of HITV has gone to almost none.

Its not enough for us to keep hearing "watch this space" and "soon" on every promise.

Hitv started with GTV but we know how far they have gone. Some of us have friends in Ghana and Botswana and know just what they are getting from GTV.

GTV shares a Transponder with Hitv but their subscribers don't hear that as an excuse whenever the pictures go terrible or as an excuse for not adding channels.

I am beginning to seperate myself from football. I will be deliberately  missing matches from now so that I can train myself to do without it.

Once am fully done, am leaving this place.

In that vein, does anyone have an idea how much one can get a DSTV smart card?

Also there is something going on in the FTA thread concerning mbc2 channels in Nigeria by discom. I will be watching that very closely.

Hitv just seems like a jail sentence right now. You pay, you are not rest assured, channels are taken off without replacements just like that.

Abeg make I rest before I burst an artery.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ ilugun some of us are just tired of "same same"
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2008
About this latest software I actually tried the usb method and ran into trouble as my decoder could not boot. "that was b4 I saw this thread". I stay in Umuahia-Abia State and will like to know how best to load this software. Is there any pc utility for pc to decoder update?

If any please send details of it me @ liveth4real@yahoo.com.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2008
About this latest software I actually tried the usb method and ran into trouble as my decoder could not boot. "that was before I saw this thread". I stay in Umuahia-Abia State and will like to know how best to load this software. Is there any pc utility for pc to decoder update?

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tboy81(m): 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2008
Well, looks like hitv is gradually stepping up with their subscription activation.

I paid yesterday morning in Lagos island and while i was just preparing to call their office in the afternoon to activate the subscription, my peeps at home just called to confirm that the subscription was already active. smiley

I hope they keep up with this . , .
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:19am On Sep 21, 2008
hi sology,in has much has,one can't pls everyone i must say that payment at gtbank works.each time u want to pay make sure your card is in ur decorder properly.also that your decorder is upgraded to 2.05 or 2.07.always write clearly your smartcard number on the teller.

when i say soon or watch this space what am trying to say is that something is in the oven.right now hitv is working on many many improvements/additions,on till they have been signed,concluded,finished,tested i can't come out to tell you anything.all i can do is give u hints.has i always say watch this space(coming soon).
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2008
urfriend:

hi sology,in has much has,one can't please everyone i must say that payment at gtbank works.each time u want to pay make sure your card is in ur decorder properly.also that your decorder is upgraded to 2.05 or 2.07.always write clearly your smartcard number on the teller.

when i say soon or watch this space what am trying to say is that something is in the oven.right now hitv is working on many many improvements/additions,on till they have been signed,concluded,finished,tested i can't come out to tell you anything.all i can do is give u hints.has i always say watch this space(coming soon).

@urfriend

You didnt answer my question properly.

I asked if the instant activation includes those of us with Strong Decoders.

When you say to upgrade the decoder to 2.05 or 2.07, are you not talking about Hitv branded decoders?

What is the upgrade situation for those with Strong decoders cause the instant activation is obviously not working here
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2008
@ilugunboy, e be like d complaints are not gettin us anythin so mums d word.na God save me say i never go brag give madam say new channel don almost land.na so hitv for fall my hand.been scannin endlessly for setanta now but no show as yet.lets keep d fingaz crossed sha.one day go b one day, DISCOM is tellin me one story like dt,if HITV continues dis turn turn ,i might just listen grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2008
@ urfriend
Please tell HITV to please do something urgently.i,m waiting for DISCOVERY CHANNEL.Help me to beg them please.
Make e no pass this october o. mm ehhh,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2008
@ okomogo,

u knw d song, " i dont wanna w8 in vain for , " .begin sing am from now.'soon' bro, grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2008
About this latest software I actually tried the usb method and ran into trouble as my decoder could not boot. "that was before I saw this thread". I stay in Umuahia-Abia State and will like to know how best to load this software. Is there any pc utility for pc to decoder update?

MAKE SOMEBODY TALK TO ME NOW,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:10am On Sep 23, 2008
hi all 3 new channels will be added from october,2008.

1. This October, step inside DISCOVERY WORLD to experience the very best factual programming from around the globe. For those with a true thirst for knowledge, DISCOVERY WORLD is a brand new channel showcasing a rich and colourful selection of high quality factual programmes from around the globe
DISCOVERY WORLD promises to engage, challenge and enlighten its audience with programmes spanning an extensive range of genres.

With landmark series and a selection of in-depth documentary programmes exclusive to the channel, DISCOVERY WORLD will immerse discerning viewers in a compelling mix of history, culture, real life stories, investigation and mystery.

2. KidsCo is an international children's entertainment brand founded by Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment's Nelvana Enterprises, American-based DiC Entertainment, and European broadcaster Sparrowhawk Media Group in April 2007.
KidsCo was founded to be a "fourth voice" in the realm of children's entertainment, currently dominated by Viacom (owner of Nickelodeon), Disney (owner of Disney Channel and Jetix), and Time Warner (owner of Cartoon Network, Looney Tunes, and DC Comics).
The network is currently based in London.

3. Setanta africa- is a sports broadcaster based in the UK, operating in 34 countries.Setanta Sports was formed in 1990 to facilitate the broadcasting of Irish sporting events to Irish expatriates. More recently the network has expanded and it now broadcasts various live sporting events aimed at international English-speaking audiences.
The channel takes its name from the legendary Irish warrior Setanta, who reputedly played the oldest known field sport, hurling, and who was later given the name Cúchulainn as described in the ancient Irish texts of the Annals of Ulster.

The above mentioned channels shall all be added on the same day to be announced soon,after all technical parameters have been cleared.watch this space,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2008
@URFRIEND

HERE WE GO AGAIN UHURU? TIME WILL SURELY TELL.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2008
@ Maskuraid,

Brov, how far?. Please don't tell madame anything till you have confirmed from me oo! grin.

Saw one "UNKNOWN CHANNEL" this morning with a stagnant picture written amuludun tv, looks like a yoruba dedicated channel too me. Can anyone else please confirm?

@urfriend, make these additional channels you mentioned no pass this October oooh!, else we will carry placards go their office. grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2008
hi all,if u don't belief check the home page of the hitv site-www.hitv.com.ng
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2008
hi the amuludun tv is till under testing.it's owned and run by ltv .it's going to be a 24hours yoruba channel.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2008
@urfriend,

thanks for the clarification.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2008
@ilugunboy

trust me bros, once bitten 2x shy na.i go just w8 until i see am b4 i start to form.as per d amuludun stuff,u dd a manual scan on 12130 kwuo?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2008
@maskuraid,

yes, a manual scan on the 12130 Tp frequency.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2008
@ilugunboy

as soon as i get home, na scannin.i hope hitv doesnt disappoint sha, dat discomm thingy dey entice me too much. grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2008
@maskuraid,

this Discom thing, i've been reading stuff on it on the FTA thread, please can you give me an idea of their offering, if it is tempting enough, one might just be tempted.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ilugunboy

i called their office.u pay 10,500 for d decoder +1 month subscription.accordin to d babe i spoke wit, they have 48 channels right now.beats d deal we r on right now wit all d channels they are hypin on their website.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2008
hi maskuraid,did she tell you the list of channels they have.don't allow numbers blind you.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2008
urfriend:

hi maskuraid,did she tell you the list of channels they have.don't allow numbers blind you.

Urfriend, you took that from my mouth.

Maskuraid, please name at least Ten(10) "solid" among those 40+ channels on that platform and if they are good enough, I will dump HItv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ilugunboy

truth be told i did not ask for the list but from d site i saw aljazeera,mbc 2,4 & action,b4u music,cartoon network etc.check out www.discomtel.com for further details.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2008
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2008
@urfriend

U have totally ignored my question of over three days ago.

I asked: Is the upgrade also for those of us with Strong decoders? Because the immediate activation is not working with me.

Please answer me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.