Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75292 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2008
Mr urfriend
When are you people going to activate me?Maybe una don vex 4 me.Anywayz,i'l chill till whenever u guys wake up.For the records,you guys SUCK.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:50am On Nov 06, 2008
hi from what i was told yesterday,setanta africa should come up hopefully friday on 11900 H 27500 FREQ.

HI dreday,please check your decorder to find out what software vision is on ur decorder.if it's not 2.05 please go to ur dealer for a upgrade.also check your dish to find out if your it's on the right position.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2008
i paid my hitv subscrition on tuesday and i was activated on tuesday night,anyway thats not d issue.the issue is after over a year of operation,the picture quality on Hi-nolly,biscon,dove vision,hi-life,hi-mix are still bad.hitv is kind of boring except on weekends when they show premier league matches.the same films are being recycled on hi-nolly and hi-mix.the same set of films i watched 6 months ago i still see them showing it.SET does not show recent films and series, most of what they show are series and movies done in the 1990's.we appreciate ur effort here "URFRIEND" but hitv needs to step up big time.and can u pls explain to me how HI-NOLLY got nominated for hotbird awards.i can vote for nigezie but definitely not HI-NOLLY.the channel is pure rubbish
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2008
@ urfriend
I was one of your very first subscribers and I have d Strong decoder,not d hitv branded one.Nothing has happened 2 d dish alignment.Message on my screen is no access.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2008
i wil do a search on ma decoder n c.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2008
niyi09:

i paid my hitv subscrition on tuesday and i was activated on tuesday night,anyway thats not d issue.the issue is after over a year of operation,the picture quality on Hi-nolly,biscon,dove vision,hi-life,hi-mix are still bad.hitv is kind of boring except on weekends when they show premier league matches.the same films are being recycled on hi-nolly and hi-mix.the same set of films i watched 6 months ago i still see them showing it.SET does not show recent films and series, most of what they show are series and movies done in the 1990's.we appreciate ur effort here "URFRIEND" but hitv needs to step up big time.and can u please explain to me how HI-NOLLY got nominated for hotbird awards.i can vote for nigezie but definitely not HI-NOLLY.the channel is pure rubbish

And I don't know why they are spending money advertising on local stations for people to vote for those channels(Hi Nolly= Rubbish, Nigezie=Average).

If the channels are good and merit the awards, hitv subscribers would vote for them and make them win.

What we have now is some machinations going on to make undeserving channels win awards.

@urfriend, Hitv doesnt deserve you. Am being honest. Wish all the work you are doing is for some other better upwardly mobile company.

If hitv changes today and becomes more responsive to subscribers, i will do a volte-face.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2008
i totally AGREE!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2008
i totally AGREE!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bodiaye: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2008
I use a strong decoder, how do i scan for the new channels?
I did it last week and all i was getting were GTv channels.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2008
Urfriend
Once again,i'm begging 2 know.When can i expect my subscription 2 be activated?Its d third day now & all i have is 'no access'.
Again I provide my payment details.
Smart card no 017100058639
teller no 241864
Bank branch bode thomas
amount paid 4000
Can i say thank you?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2008
hi all,if you had checked well you will find out that the hi nolly has been airing fresh new movies every night.

hi nolly and nigezie now transmit in the UK on SKY,so nomination is for the uk operation of hitv.and has for the picture quality of the hi channel,something is been done about that.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2008
HiTV, bracing up for better delivery

IN fulfillment of a promise by the company to continually upgrade its systems to ensure that subscribers enjoy value-added services, Entertainment Highway Limited, parent company of HiTV, Nigeria's leading pay-TV platform, has begun a comprehensive restructuring of its entire operations spanning human resources, marketing, customer care, infrastructure and technology.

Specifically, the station, which began operations in February last year on the terrestrial platform, has enhanced its manpower base by recruiting a new set of staff, acquired a state-of-the-art software, and reinvigorated both the customer service delivery and marketing units.

During an interactive session with the media at the company's corporate office in Lagos on Tuesday November 4, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of EHL, Mr. Toyin Subair said the company is not unaware of customers' expectations and its determination to respond to the needs of customers by operating a top range outfit defined by quality programming and content, competitive pricing and robust technology.

"From conception we set out to run a business based on best practices and global standards. This is a promise we intend to keep regardless of any challenges" Subair said, adding, "We have deployed a variety of strategies to solve whatever problems that have arisen, and are optimistic that in the shortest possible time all our subscribers will enjoy the type of quality and uninterrupted broadcasting that they deserve" According to the HiTV Chief, the company is currently installing the Magnaquest software, which is based on a far more advanced technology than the subsisting Subscriber Management System, aptly called Magic, and this process will be completed in the next three weeks.

With its deployment, hiccups such as activation delays, crediting subscription or renewal fees will become a thing of the past as the new software will complete the process in a matter of minutes.

Subair observed that while most subscribers would prefer to throng the company's premises in Lagos to make payments or to activate their decoders whereas they can make such payments at any branch of Guaranty Trust Bank in any part of the country and get activated, He added that often subscribers fail to supply the appropriate information such as correct smart card numbers when making payments, which makes it difficult for their transactions to be processed without delay.To tackle this, the company has embarked on an awareness campaign to educate subscribers about the GT Bank payment option. It has also recruited a dedicated team of 10 who work round the clock to clear any backlogs arising from renewal of subscriptions. Additionally it has expanded the Customer Care Unit to ensure that as many customers as possible are attended to without delay.

Another major development, Subair disclosed is that the company's head office will within the next three months be moved to a more spacious location along Mobalaji Bank-Anthony Way, Ikeja, which will have adequate space for the installation of ultra communications facilities, which, among others, will handle 60 calls over two lines simultaneously.

In addition, three satellite offices are currently being established in Ilupeju, Surulere and Lekki-Ajah, all in Lagos, to ensure convenient access by customers, while full-fledged branches will be opened in Jos, Port Harcourt, Maiduguri and Kano, to join the existing ones in Lagos, Abuja and Asaba.

Not oblivious of a highly competitive and dynamic business environment driven by ICT, the company has also established a dedicated interactive website through which customers will have direct contact with staff of the Customer Care Unit and dealers, as well as provide access to programme schedules and other useful information.

The company has also signed a partnership agreement with an e-payment company to increase the number of payment options available to subscribers. With this, subscribers can also renew their subscription through SMS.

In the area of content, Subair noted that the station presently has something for everyone, not just football or the English Premier League, and in the next couple of months Entertainment Highway Limited will significantly increase its channels offerings to address every key program genre. It also will be dedicating a lot of resources and time on the development of Nigeria-specific content.

Entertainment Highway Limited jolted the Nigerian broadcast market when in 2006 it won the right to the English Premier League and the Spanish Liga for Nigeria. It became the first television platform in Africa to deploy the new terrestrial pay per view decoder system technology known as the MMDS Hypercable, which makes pay TV viewing cheaper before moving to satellite (DTH) broadcast.

Subair also used the occasion to clarify that for the purpose of effectiveness, HiTV and Entertainment Highway Limited have become distinct entities, with the former concentrating on content acquisition and channel development and the latter on Pay TV operations and subscriber management. Each outfit is now manned by different Chief Operating Officers.

A measure of how well the company has filled its mission is seen in its growth from its rather humble beginnings as terrestrial platform with less than 2000 subscribers by the middle of last year to over 160,000 registered subscribers at the end of September this year after migrating to the satellite platform in August last year.

In thanking its subscribers for their understanding, Subair said the company will always respond to meet their wishes, adding that the transformation of the country's television and broadcast industry remains on course from content to programming, and technology to platforms.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2008
When Mr Subair was being interviewed,how come he didn't say anything about activation of subscribers?Or isnt that supposed 2 matter?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2008
GOOD JOB,WITH THE COPY AND PASTE,BT WHO IS GONA READ ALL THIS, lol grin grin

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2008
@urfrnd,can u specify on dates on when da remaining channels will b coming up,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2008
hi dreday,please please read the post very well line for line,you shall see were mr subair mentioned magnaquest and activation
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 1:39am On Nov 07, 2008
All are still grouped under 'STILL TO COME'.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 1:40am On Nov 07, 2008
All are still grouped under 'STILL TO COME',
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2008
Urfriend
U should understand that an angry person has no time 2 go through that lengthy post if it doesnt offer a solution 2 his problem.And myfriend,angry is what I am.
Hitv has defrauded me & is still doing so.And to think Mr Subair is a lawyer who should know d implications of breaking contractual agreements.
Myfriend,I was disconnected before time.I paid 4 days ago and till this moment,i'v not been reconnected.So myfriend,don't expect me 2 read through a long post that offers no solution.
Once again I provide my payment details
Smart card no 017100058639
teller no 241864
bank branch bode thomas
Myfriend,pls know that this isnt personal.I'm not attacking you.Infact,I think u shd be their chief PR person.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Goldman08: 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2008
Abeg Urfriend,i dey take God Almighty wey create me and you, Please Dreday to activate this channels since he has paid 4 days ago, Una know say Premiership go start tomorrow afternoon, Please oooo!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Goldman08: 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2008
Abeg Urfriend,i dey take God Almighty wey create me and you, Please help Dreday to activate this channels since he has paid 4 days ago, Una know say Premiership go start tomorrow afternoon, Please oooo!!A friend in need is a true friend indeed, Please,God bless
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2008
@ goldman,
Thanx.

@ urfriend,
See?Are you feeling my pain at all?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Goldman08: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2008
hi from what i was told yesterday,setanta africa should come up hopefully friday on 11900 H 27500 FREQ.

Dear Urfriend,
How are you doing?can you specify when setanta Africa should be coming up, You wrote me yesterday that is should come up hopefully today that's on friday,i am still waiting for the arrival of the channels,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ekonibaje(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2008
please kindly help me activate dis cards---
mr john olabode
sc--01710157660-5
dec--m000816009387
07-11-08---ikd--ikorodu a gbe eeeeoooo--thks alot------

---
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2008
I WONDER WHAT WE HAV TO DO BEFORE HITV SOLVES THIS RE_Activation PROBLEM, THEY ARE GETTING WORSE BY DA YEAR INSTEAD OF DA OPPOSITE, HITV(correct tv)hahahaha
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2008
Do I have to curse you people before you activate me?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ekonibaje(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2008
urfriend kindly solve dis army man activation problem is name is mr wadata--sc--01710137623-8--dec--m000816007018--surulere--lagos nigeria--07-11-08--i do appreciate all ur effort--u are 4 rescue mission here--thks
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by vicgeorge(m): 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2008
how far MR URFRIEND when should we be expect the coming soon channels.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ekonibaje(m): 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2008
please urfriend kindly sort me out--thks--mr wadata----------Insert Quote
urfriend kindly solve this army man activation problem is name is mr wadata--sc--01710137623-8--dec--m000816007018--surulere--thks--please kindly sotr my friends out too--please dreday--please urfriend is one of ur client--please he need a better compensation---please--please--pls kindly sotr me out with dis my client activation--darwish fawaz--sc--017101373334--sc--017101373342--sc--017101373300--sc--017101373318--kano state--07-11-08--thks
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2008
dreday:

Do I have to curse you people before you activate me?
grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2008
For not making me watch Assenal and ManCHESTer United in the comfort of my home today,what if i say you hitv people will not have comfort?
But I wont say that sha 'cos I'm a good christian
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:22am On Nov 09, 2008
hi please stop complaining about every thing.if you feel there is an issue with your sub,simply take your card and decorder to your dealer and find out what's wrong with your system.because your system is active on the system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.