Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75291 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2008
lol
great things are coming SOON!!! cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2008
just keep watching, ,it's till in the oven
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by const6(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2008
Hi Urfriend,

Happy birthday, i didnt know it was your bday somedays back, just saw it this morning.

Meanwhile, how many channels have HITv added now, please list new channels, lets see if some can pursuade me tosubscribe earlier than August.

Waiting,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2008
hi foxnews,zee cinema,and cnbc africa.coming really soon-setanta sports,kidsco,discovery,kennis,biscon,dovevision.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2008
urfriend:

hi foxnews,zee cinema,and cnbc africa.coming really soon-setanta sports,kidsco,discovery,kennis,biscon,dovevision.

All fingers crossed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2008
I think urfriend should desist from using the "coming soon" phrase undecided grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
Mustay:

I think urfriend should desist from using the "coming soon" phrase undecided grin grin grin

But why?, don't you know that the channels are coming SOON!. grin cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
SOON has another definition for Hitv
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 7:14am On Jul 14, 2008
ur friend

hi, please when do you think the new channels will be added ?

abeg , tell oga Toyin say we don tire to dey wait oooooooooooo.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2008
HI FEMO7,HITV HAS THE RIGHTS TO AIR THE CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.COVERAGE STARTS ON FRIDAY WITH ENYIMBA VS EL HAIL OF SUDAN,AT 6PM.THERE WILL ALSO BE 3 OTHER MATCHES[1 ON SAT. AND 2 ON SUNDAY].

ALL,KEEP UR FINGERS CROSSED ON THE OLYMPICS AND PRE-SEASONS[E.G MAN U TOUR OF ASIA OR EMIRATES CUP].ONCE I CONFIRM THEM I WILL INFORM U GUYS.SO WATCH THIS SPACE.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2008
urfriend:

HI FEMO7,HITV HAS THE RIGHTS TO AIR THE CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.COVERAGE STARTS ON FRIDAY WITH ENYIMBA VS EL HAIL OF SUDAN,AT 6PM.THERE WILL ALSO BE 3 OTHER MATCHES[1 ON SAT. AND 2 ON SUNDAY].

ALL,KEEP UR FINGERS CROSSED ON THE OLYMPICS AND PRE-SEASONS[E.G MAN You TOUR OF ASIA OR EMIRATES CUP].ONCE I CONFIRM THEM I WILL INFORM You GUYS.SO WATCH THIS SPACE.

Are these new sations or events?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
hi they are events.please it's[man utd tour of africa,and not asia],sori 4 the mistake.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2008
thank u urfriend but femo's q was:
femo7:

your friend

hi, please when do you think the new channels will be added ?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
urfriend:

ALL,KEEP UR FINGERS CROSSED ON THE OLYMPICS AND PRE-SEASONS[E.G MAN You TOUR OF ASIA OR EMIRATES CUP].ONCE I CONFIRM THEM I WILL INFORM You GUYS.SO WATCH THIS SPACE.

We will believe when we see.

However I will not be dissapointed to see old premiership matches during the period that those matches are suppose to be on.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2008
Ok, urfriend,

You are doing well.

Considering that you are not a permanent staff at hitv

You are doing an invaluable job at laundering their image and I hope the management appreciate your efforts.

Now, WHAT ABOUT THE *DEDICATED MOVIE CHANNEL* that you mentioned somewhere on these forums?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2008
hi urfriend,

it's been quite a while we heard/read from u. I hope all is well.

According to your words, subscribers ought to have seen at least one new channel.

My guy, any new info as regards the addition of new contents or as usual, they would come S O O N?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2008
hi ,channels will be added soon.work is on going to uplink some channels from nigeria.b4 the foreign channel will be added.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hi all, GTV has added a channel to its bouquet. I was unenable to figure out the name but, i guess it's a gospel-related channel.

Now that GTV has uploaded to 12130 H 27500, i think our dearest hiTV should be able to upload at least a single channel. This is because according to urfriend, both parties must agree on technical terms before adding/uploading
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
yep, a scrambled unknown channel, probably a gospel channel. have a feeling that Hitv will add a channel towards this weekend.

But let's wait and see!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2008
hi all,the caf champions league will be live on hi soccer-EL HAIL VS ENYIMBA AT 6PM FRIDAY
COTON SPORT VS TP MEZEMBE AT 3.30PM SATURDAY
DYNAMOS VS ASEC MIMOSAS AT 2PM SUNDAY
EL AHLY VS ZAMALEK AT 6.30PM SUNDAY
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2008
hi all,the hi channels went off-air due to the upgrating and uplinking been carried out from nigeria.any moment you shall see a clean picture quality hi-channels and some new additions.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2008
urfriend:

hi all,the caf champions league will be live on hi soccer-EL HAIL VS ENYIMBA AT 6PM FRIDAY
COTON SPORT VS TP MEZEMBE AT 3.30PM SATURDAY
DYNAMOS VS ASEC MIMOSAS AT 2PM SUNDAY
EL AHLY VS ZAMALEK AT 6.30PM SUNDAY

You should bury your fingers in shame. Why did you lie that HITV will show the caf champions league? Now i know your infos are not credible. Shame on HITV-Hirubbish
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nwabunnia(m): 1:41am On Jul 19, 2008
It's sad to know that so many people are dissatisfied with HITV services and yet they (both parties - HITV and the subscribers) don't seem to be doing anything about the situation. As for HITV, they can all bloody well go to Hell. As for subscribers, I expect everyone to quit complaining and go for an alternative. As for me, I don kuku stop to dey subscribe since 2 months ago. I'm making do with Trend tv for now. I learned Trend tv are planning to encrypt
their channels too (may God help them!) and once they do that, I go just go for DSTV once and for all and rest.
And the final word on HITV: good riddance to HI rubbish! tongue
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2008
@Bluehorizo

Dont blame urfreind.

He was probably posting the info as he got it from the management.

Maybe something made them not to be able to bring the matches(something always does).

There were mid-week matches that were advertised during the premier league that they ended up not showing due to "technical reasons".

I suspect that the next round of matches will be shown.

Its also obvious that they were not sure from the beginning they would get the rights so have not yet tied up everything.

Phew! I find myself defending urfriend more and more though am also a slightly dissatisfied customer.

Maybe its cause I realise that it takes time to get everything right in a new business(Being a business person myself).

My business is four years old now but sometimes it seems am still crawling and not yet learnt to stand(Hitv is 1 year old).

Yes they said 7 new channels will be uploaded but they have uploaded three. Thats 40% and its not as if they have foreclosed uploading any more channels.

Humans, especially naijas are very impatient(I am a classic example).

I look at how impatient I get when people(artisans, telcos and other people) dont deliver on time and I wonder at myself cause am guilty of not delivering services on time as well since we are all subject to the same challenges in Nigeria such as Power problems, Fuel problems, alaye and area boys problems and bad infrastructure problems.

Its the same with hitv, in fact theirs is more challenging due to the huge funds needed to run such a business.

Guys, DSTV is over ten years old and even Trend TV is over 7years old(I know this for sure). Hitv, my guys, is 1 YEAR OLD.

While we demand for quality service that we deserve, I feel we should put all these in perspective.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2008
hi bluehorizo,why do u guys always like to complain for everything.who told u hitv does have the caf champions league?,they have the rights to all CAF events[nations cup,champions league,confederation cup,u-17,u-20,home-base nations cup]till 2016.[2008-2016].did u check the site[www.hitv.co.ng/league fixtures].pls alway check ur facts.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2008
hi all,the uplink was not completed due to the weather conditions friday.hopfully will be completed this coming week.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2008
@urfriend

when its completed, what should be expected? The remaining channels or ?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2008
hi sology,when the uplink from nigeria is done expect to see about 4 channels.then about 4 foreign channel [setanta sports,kidsco,discovery and sony entertainment television].total about 7-8 channels in all.but note they will be added set by set.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2008
"Urfriend,

I was expecting Mtvbase to feature in your list of channels to be added. Afterall, you or somebody( i can't really remember) mentioned on this forum that Nickleodeon comes along automatically with Mtvbase.

How come Nickleodeon is showing without the main channel i.e Mtvbase ?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2008
@femo7 u r right,i was about asking urfriend that same question too.Is mtvbase part of hitv bouquet of COMING SOON channels and what is the SONY ENTERTAINMENT channel about
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2008
i'm just sick n tired of this waiting for channels to be uploaded, this n that , bla bla bla.

I think Hitv should just go to hell with their promises, imagine adding Sony entertainment to a bouquet which has art 2, zee cinema. Is hitv only focusing on foreigners in Nigeria ? Let them give us english movie channel, i mean, something similar to mnet movies on Dstv.

Hitv, please note that the dth business is not only about securing rights to major football leagues.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Caliente(m): 9:55am On Jul 21, 2008
[size=13pt]It's high time you made up thy mind and dump this Hi Rubbish of yours[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.