Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75283 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by mouye(m): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2008
To everyone having difficulty of english subtitling. I dont know what type of decoder ur using but, if ur remote is like that shown on the Nigeria/hisports2 channel, to get english subtitling for zee,go to the channel zee,press the green button(Audio) on ur remote. A box will appear with audio options.There u'll see SUBTITLE.scroll down using ur up/down buttons to go to subtitle, u then use the volume keys to change language to English and then press ok, u'll then get english subtitling.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2008
HiTV gets new subscriber management system

Entertainment Highway Limited (EHL) the parent company of HiTV Limited, Nigeria's first indigenous digital Pay TV operator has sealed a partnership deal with MQSubscribe(tm); a Convergent Customer Management & Billing (CMB) solution from MagnaQuest, for its Direct to Home (DTH) Operations spread across Nigeria. The deal was signed in Hyderabad, India.

The acquisition of the new subscriber management system will eliminate the cumbersome procedure where it was hitherto difficult to connect subscribers upon payment of subscription fees. The new process would ensure smooth and seamless administration of subscribers' accounts. This development is in line with EHL's resolve to continue to address the concerns of its teeming subscribers.

Mr. Rajiv Debbad, VP, Sales and Marketing, MagnaQuest Technologies said the signing of the deal has opened a new business chapter between Nigeria and India. ''We are delighted to have Entertainment Highway Limited on our list of customers from the African region. We are confident of leveraging our extensive local knowledge and domain expertise gained from similar DTH implementations worldwide to provide EHL a truly world-class solution.''

In his response, Mr. Toyin Subair, CEO, EHL and Managing Director of HiTV said the company is poised to provide broad based entertainment package to Nigerians and promised that the company will not relent in its determination to continuously update its facilities to meet international standards.

''As part of our commitment to providing leading-edge services to our customers in Nigeria, we chose MQSubscribe to manage our Subscriber Management, Billing, Dealer Entity Management, CRM and Logistics aspects of our business. We look forward to a long association with MagnaQuest.'' Subair added.

Entertainment Highway Limited is a multi-channel digital satellite TV service in Nigeria, launched in 2007. The company has been granted a national satellite broadcasting license in Nigeria
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2008
mouye:

To everyone having difficulty of english subtitling. I don't know what type of decoder your using but, if your remote is like that shown on the Nigeria/hisports2 channel, to get english subtitling for zee,go to the channel zee,press the green button(Audio) on your remote. A box will appear with audio options.There u'll see SUBTITLE.scroll down using your up/down buttons to go to subtitle, u then use the volume keys to change language to English and then press ok, u'll then get english subtitling.

thank u
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2008
I have tried and was patient but sorry HITV u have just lost a customer.
i wish i had bought the dstv promo stuff
HITV was just a waste of money
old movies
E entertainment is so repetitive
Nick only has one cartoon i can stand
spongebob
trace repeats Lady Gaga and Pussy cat dolls and neyo and chris brown
HITV is just trash
if u want to compete with DSTV do ur home work well.just just some cheap tacky cable channel.
am dissapointed really
u ought to be ashamed of urself calling urself dstv's competitor,there isnt even a nature channel
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2008
And stop saying coming soon
what is soon? urfriend
when is soon?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
sista,abeg take am easy,it;s all abt the benjamin watever.There goes another disgrunted customer, urfriend at this rate by next year,even nigerians wil stop watchin the premier league.better tell toyin tomato to do somethin about this
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2008
@mouoye,r u sure d subtitle is available for those using hitv customized decoder and urfriend can you confirm that the subtitle is now available.
@EHIE,WELCOME TO D CLUB OF DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS.GREAT THINGS COMING SOON grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 9:19am On Jul 29, 2008
Look at this, if dstv is coming up with new channel(s), you the subscriber would have been informed before hand either on the website or right on your tv screen. The good thing is that they would tell you the date of launch and keep to their words.

In the case of hiRubbish, they would keep you in suspense till you develop heart attack if care is not taken.

What i hate about them is the use of the phrase COMING SOON.

Please, urfriend or whatever you call yourself, tell hiTv that they should pack up immediately their premiership right expires.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2008
Urfriend, perhaps you tell your organisation about it - that's a way you can help the forum

femo7:

Look at this, if dstv is coming up with new channel(s), you the subscriber would have been informed before hand either on the website or right on your tv screen. The good thing is that they would tell you the date of launch and keep to their words.

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:15am On Jul 29, 2008
hi all,why do we like to complain about every thing.ehie just has u are leaving hitv,more then 300 are just jointing the service every day.look,they [hitv]can not inform u on a date when a channel is going to be added,because they are present sharing a transponder with another.only eutelsat can tell when a channel will be added to that transponder.u complained about activations,did u read the press statement?,the company contracted will one of the world's software/activation management comany[www.magnaquest.net].all is by hitv is to service it's subscribers beta.if u are waiting for me to tell u liars to please ur ears?.i will not.hitv is 0ne years,they till have more years to grow.let's wait and see if when the epl finishes if hitv wilkl not get it,remember we said the same for the uefa champions league who finally won it?.all i can say is u will see a brand new hitv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2008
hi fixtres for 16th and 17th august for the epl on hitv,

16 Aug, 12:45 Arsenal v West Bromwich -hi soccer

16 Aug, 15:00 Bolton Wanderers v Stoke City -5pm [delayed]

16 Aug, 15:00 Everton v Blackburn Rovers -hi soccer

16 Aug, 15:00 Hull City v Fulham -5pm [delayed]

16 Aug, 15:00 Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur -hi sports

16 Aug, 15:00 West Ham v Wigan Athletic -hi sports 2

16 Aug, 17:30 Sunderland v Liverpool -hi soccer

Sunday August 17

17 Aug, 16:00 Manchester United v Newcastle United -hi soccer

caf champions league fixtures,[2nd and 3rd august]

tp mezembe vs el hial-hi soccer 2pm[sat]
asec vs al haly-hi soccer 4.30pm[sat]

enyimba vs coton sport-hi soccer 4pm[sun]
zamalek vs dynamos fc-hi soccer 7pm[sun]
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ayusman16(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2008
urfriend:

hi all,why do we like to complain about every thing.ehie just has u are leaving hitv,more then 300 are just jointing the service every day.look,they [hitv]can not inform u on a date when a channel is going to be added,because they are present sharing a transponder with another.only eutelsat can tell when a channel will be added to that transponder.u complained about activations,did u read the press statement?,the company contracted will one of the world's software/activation management comany[www.magnaquest.net].all is by hitv is to service it's subscribers beta.if u are waiting for me to tell u liars to please your ears?.i will not.hitv is 0ne years,they till have more years to grow.let's wait and see if when the epl finishes if hitv wilkl not get it,remember we said the same for the uefa champions league who finally won it?.all i can say is u will see a brand new hitv.

If true to ur word that u dont represent hitv. I think they would be disappointed in ur post (It is not customer friendly). The 300 people as u said "Jointing" the service, wont they be later disappointed? I believe a satisfied customer is better than 1000 prospective customers except ofcourse hitv think otherwise? U guys are a bunch of thieves and a failure to Nigerians just like PHCN. Wish Subair would just realise that and venture into another business (Importation of rice).
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by heartcry: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2008
It is a shame that this Hirubbish will not show almighty Chelsea game angry
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
ayusman16:

If true to your word that u don't represent hitv. I think they would be disappointed in your post (It is not customer friendly). ,

thank you.

urfriend, did you major in the finance world or the engineering world

[list]
[li]If you were an accountant, you'll know that dissatisfaction of customers has multiple effects in preventing the entrance of new customers. Once, ehie discourages his friend, it goes on and on and on like that - people do not even want to venture into it 'cos of ehie's dissatisfaction.[/li]

[li]If you were a Finance student, you'll probably have to refer to the concept of Marginal costing - for every subscription money [b]paid [/b]by ehie is better than every subscription money [b]not paid [/b]by ehie even if the company is running at a loss.[/li]

[li]If you were a marketer, you'll know that every customer counts.[/li]

[li]If you were a banker, you'll know that non-payment of ehie's subscription will affect cash flow.[/li]

[li]If you were a teacher, you'll know how to correct student's mistakes[/li]

[/list]
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
urfriend, your response did not match my post at all. The epl fixtures you posted had been on the hitv site about a week ago, i wonder why u are posting this again. it's totally irrelevant at this time. I guess this is another way of shying away from the truth.

You keep defending hitv base on its existence so far(1 year), but do you realise that GTV also started about the same time hiRubbish came into existence? Check out their website, electronic programme guide(EPG), content and package, it is world class and standard.

please, stop posting fixtures, instead try and tell hiRubbish to go back to the drawing board and do their home work very well.

DTH business is not all about football alone. it's about planning, implementing and delivering good services to the satisfaction of the subscribers.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2008
why don't u ask the epl guys why they shared the fixtures that way.remeber it's 80 hitv-20 dstv.look am not aying u have no right to complain,but pls let's mind our words.if we were put in the same situation am sure we would perform badly.let give more time.from the former post,u can see they have started to address all the worries of it's subscribers.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2008
Urfriend. you 're missing the point.

There's a HItv Website and Services thread for you to duplicate Hitv's web content on.

Rightly so,
femo7:

DTH business is not all about football alone. it's about planning, implementing and delivering good services to the satisfaction of the subscribers.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ayusman16(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
Was actually thinking of resubscribing to hitv but guess u've just lost yet another customer. Thank God Sentata Sport would be showing some epl matches.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2008
hi all,there are so many things in the offering,but i can't start telling u yet till officially confirmed.till then u just have to wait,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2008
well am sorry for the 300 customers,they dont know the waste they are buying.

anyway sha,n by the crap u are showing and the lies u keep tellling
u will be pot of bussiness soon.
DSTV here i come oh
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
HI ehie,TIME SHALL TELL.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2008
Competition has made Pay TV acquisition and ownership rise up. Truth is, HITV has its own areas where they are doing good, and that is the acquisition of the English Premiership Right, and relaying the TV reception for as low as 4k per month, a business proposition that DSTV will never do.
Having said this however, with the new trend of competition, it goes on to show now that PAY TV or DTH as we are used to call it in Nigeria nowadays has gone to taste for acquisition. So if you are a lover of Football, english premiership, CAF and Euefa league, you will need HITV, if you are the type that love music, movies, discovery, history, geographic and good entertainment, you will need DSTV. And if you are a lover of ARSENAL, you will need MYTV, Pure and simple.
Giving the past history of transacting business in Nigerian, I want to state it emphatically, that HITV has tried enough, it only needs improvement which to me, cannot be achieved overnight, just like the perfection DSTV now had was not built within 3 years, it span over a decade. Patience! on the part of HITV is the watchword!!!
By the way, Nigerians had been known to always settle for less, no wonder the Free to Air TV (FTA) awareness has been growing. What is more, FTA has sports, music, entertainment and Tourism. Except of course you dont like TV, there is no dull moment.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2008
every moment is dull.HITV came up with so much sweet promises and ended up giving us trash.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2008
hi ehie,the business of dth/paytv is not a one year thing,it's long term.let's see if in 4years time if the business will be the same.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2008
A platform such as HiTV should never had started only on the EPL, they should have given a broad programme spectrum at launch, such as DAAR has promised (we will see in the next week what they are offering Nigeria). As I have said before how can HiTV spend $200 million only on football for three years, when 20% of those funds would have built a beautiful DTH platform covering the needs of all Nigerians. There is on average 6.1 people in a Nigerian household, how many of these are football fans for a few hours per week?

HiTV has been on average three times the nearest competitor in their tender prices, good research could have saved them an enormous amount of money. Now football is too expensive for other operators and people like DAAR will get the clients that HiTV have forgotten, remember football is a driver but not the only one and at least DAAR have taken this on board.

I question the amount of new subscribers per day that urfriend claims but I think that HiTV will have to increase their prices in the near future otherwise they will be bankrupt in paying these enormous fees, fans will pay because it is the only option they have available to watch 80% of their teams games.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by sfinxone(m): 12:26am On Jul 30, 2008
angry It really irritates and annoys me when people use the fact that DSTV has been in existence for over10 years as an excuse for HITV's poor services. When you are going into a business that has other established competitors, you have to look at the competition, learn from their positives and mistakes then come out with a better or at per service.

The fact that DSTV has been operating for over ten years doesn't mean that people have to wait for ten years before enjoying the same quality of service from HITV. Moreover, Toyin Subair was part of the so called "headstart" years DSTV has over HITV.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2008
@sfinxone
Rome was not built in a day.
I still insist that HITV has tried enough compared to what others in their categories in the past have tried and failed and I mean FSTV, TITV, even Trend TV who have not been able to achieve much more than HITV who started recently compared to \TREND TV who had started long before now through Cable TV and again as DTH. The fact that HITV wrestle the premiership licence from DSTV, they deserves accolades. What most subscribers dont know is that, most of other channels that you are expecting HITV to broadcasts, DSTV already has exclusive right over them to show them in NIgeria. I remember vividly how many times I tried to own DSTV in the past, and could not muster the amount and DSTV will never reduce the price. At a time, I settled for FSTV, who had to wound up because DSTV will not give it a room to operate. It took the intervention of former Minister of Information to break the monopoly of DSTV, otherwise, we still be under their apron, sucking us dry. Just like DSTV counterpart in South Africa once said as regard GSM that they cannot operate per second billings until Glo came on board and rubbish their lies, it is the same with HITV, now premiership is no more for the rich, thanks to HITV, and it will only be a matter of time before we all shout eureka for others area where HITV lacks finesse.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2008
The fact that DSTV has existed for years provides a benchmark for entrants.

Have you heard about Coil? The company that wants to overtake google search engine. They know what Google did and in their interview they also mentioned that "Rome was not built in a day". they have set a target date in about 4 years ' time where they 'll overtake Google to become e'one's fav search engine.

HiTv's performance is instead emphasizing what people call "Nigerian factor". You need to compete internationally and don't just rest on your local competitors (like Trend et al).

If they know they want to concentrate solely on 'ball, they sholda alerted consumers - remember, not e'one likes the global game. wink
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2008
The atmosphere for business in Google and Coil matter is far, far better than Nigeria. Let us appreciates the efforts HITV has achieved so far, truth is, the sky is beyond their limit if they continue this way.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2008
The truth is that they need to buckle up and listen to suggestions!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Mustay
I concur
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2008
hi all,for your inform all complains,suggestions etc are seriously been looked into by the hitv management.from epg,tv guide,website,programmes,parkaging,content,activation,customer relations etc.hoping from august they will be reveiled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.