Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75289 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Urfriend,

Hitv ought to have put all you mentioned in place first before opening for business, instead, they went throwing millions of dollars on right acquistion.

Hmmm, of what use is it flogging a dead horse ?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
all the millions of dollars according to senga,they [hitv] is for the growth of the company.you can only buy what is avaliable.with time all[most] of our wishs will be answered.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2008
@senga

DaarSat is also beginning to sound like hitv.

I have heard Daarsat will be rolling out within the week, from next week and soon a number of times now.

Also they keep saying how good they are going to be, we are waiting to see just how good.

Someone mentioned that the difference in startup dates between hitv and dstv should not be an excuse.

Well, its as good enough excuse as they can get. There is no gainsaying the roll experience plays in this type of business.

You may think you have covered all the angles but you can never gauge your level of readiness until the actual rollout.

That why am waiting to see Daarsat.

I am not a satisfied customer but I still maintain that the age of the business must be put into consideration. Trend started a long time before Hitv(7yrs) and they are not better than hitv in content.

At the rate its going , in three years, hitv would be the best in Nigeria(you can note this down).

To further explain the roll of age and experience in business, you just need to look at what is happening with Visafone and Starcomms now.

Visafone came in with all the noise about the people bankrolling it, Zenith bank and other banks. Based on this, people felt that it would take a long while before there is any issue with visafone(I am one of the early users of visafone EVDO broadband and phone).
But right now, visafone is a mess. Both the phones and internet connection is wack. Their EVDO is just a glorified dial up service. And this is with all their backers and money.

Starcomms on the other hand, keeps powering on. A friend uses starcomms and each time he comes to my place with his laptop, I feel like crying when i see how his internet works while my visafone(which is supposed to be the same capacity) crawls.

I daresay that the difference in the visafone vs starcomms case is experience in the business.

Starcomms have "been there and done that" while visafone(with all their money and poached staff) is just walking this way for the first time.

The same thing can be applied to DSTV/ Hitv.

But hitv's case is not as bad as visafones's case right now believe me.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by sfinxone(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
soloqy:

@senga

DaarSat is also beginning to sound like hitv.

I have heard Daarsat will be rolling out within the week, from next week and soon a number of times now.

Also they keep saying how good they are going to be, we are waiting to see just how good.

Someone mentioned that the difference in startup dates between hitv and dstv should not be an excuse.

Well, its as good enough excuse as they can get. There is no gainsaying the roll experience plays in this type of business.

You may think you have covered all the angles but you can never gauge your level of readiness until the actual rollout.

That why am waiting to see Daarsat.

I am not a satisfied customer but I still maintain that the age of the business must be put into consideration. Trend started a long time before Hitv(7yrs) and they are not better than hitv in content.

At the rate its going , in three years, hitv would be the best in Nigeria(you can note this down).

To further explain the roll of age and experience in business, you just need to look at what is happening with Visafone and Starcomms now.

Visafone came in with all the noise about the people bankrolling it, Zenith bank and other banks. Based on this, people felt that it would take a long while before there is any issue with visafone(I am one of the early users of visafone EVDO broadband and phone).
But right now, visafone is a mess. Both the phones and internet connection is wack. Their EVDO is just a glorified dial up service. And this is with all their backers and money.

Starcomms on the other hand, keeps powering on. A friend uses starcomms and each time he comes to my place with his laptop, I feel like crying when i see how his internet works while my visafone(which is supposed to be the same capacity) crawls.

I daresay that the difference in the visafone vs starcomms case is experience in the business.

Starcomms have "been there and done that" while visafone(with all their money and poached staff) is just walking this way for the first time.

The same thing can be applied to DSTV/ Hitv.

But hitv's case is not as bad as visafones's case right now believe me.

I agree with some of your points but I still disagree on the experience issue. You gave an example with Starcomms and Visafone to buttress your point. Visafone are failing not because they lack experience but because they probably didn't setup well technically.

My example is that of MTN and Glo. Mtn had prior experience in South Africa (even before GSM was introduced into Nigeria) and they had a head start here as well. You cant honestly tell me from Glo's inception till now (2008) MTN's Service has at any time been better than Glo's.

I like the fact that Hitv has forced DStv to introduce cheaper packages, I aplaud them for winning Numerous football rights and giving us an alternative to DStv who have been milking us. Though I have small reservations cause they are also winning exclusive rights so what stops them from jacking up there prices in future if profits aren't up to per with their expectations? (its funny that Government in trying to break DStv's monopoly created another Monopoly in Hitv).
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
hi all,sports rights have always been exclusive or non-exclusive,but it's the way and manner it was sold we are talking about.dstv were getting this rights for next to nothing but yet,their sub.,were high.but thanks to hitv u can now watch top class sports events at a good rate.SOON,movies,documentries etc will follow.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Sfinxzone
I also have reservations on the exclusivity of the various football games they are getting cause i do not want to hear them increasing fees anytime in the near future.

I have no doubt that they will become very good "SOON"(according to urfriend), but in their getting good, I don't want to hear any increase in subscription fees cause that would be catastrophic.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2008
hi,there will no increase in subscription for hitv single view subscribers that i know for sure.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by sfinxone(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2008
Well if they improve and maintain there current price structure the Nigerian viewer will be the benefactor. I just hope the soon will not be too long.
I wish Hitv all the best.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 6:20am On Aug 02, 2008
It's the last day of the week and there is still no new channel on hitv. However, the Dove Vision and Biscon channels are up with promo/advert pictures.

Could one really refer to these as new channels ?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
femo7,

I wonder oooooooooooooooo. Urfriend what do have to say? Is Action, France 24 HitV stations? cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2008
uuhnmm!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2008
hi, no action/france 24 are not hitv channels but that of gtv.[note that action is a french speaking channel].
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2008
Your last post did not give any further info on the new channels you talked about.  It seems you are tired of them (hitv) 'cos the entire management is just  a bunch of crap.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2008
hi femo7,do u want me to write a speech?.with time u will find how many new developments from hitv.many new changes are coming from this august.let u guys know has soon as they are confirmed.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
OK oooooooooo. As usual, new developments C O M I N G S O O N .

R u b b i s hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2008
well that's ur business,u want them to rush so that when there's problem u will see reasons to complain.pls let them take there time.the business is a long term one not short term.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
urfriend:

, u want them to rush so that when there's problem u will see reasons to complain,

What do you mean by them rushing ? Simply put, I would say HiTV has failed to carry out a proper feasibility study before opening for business and that is why their operations have remained epileptic.

Their case is like a farmer who went to the farm without his/her tools.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
You guys should just leave your friend alone. "The same ni"
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
HITV have started the advert of Sony Channel, has anyone notice that too? Urfriend, when is the channel going to be alive on our screen, any info?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
hi femo7,it is one thing to carry out reach,it is another for the nigerian society to work with that.research are just paper works.they are helpful,but just like polls they do not always the the really on ground.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2008
hi twinstaiye ,sony should be added on or b4 friday.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2008
hi all, hitv just added sony entertainment television. on 12130 h 27500
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2008
does that mean we get to watch that anime station you told us about urfriend?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2008
dovevision has start full transmission on hitv.they shall air live the RCCG holy ghost congress live from this morning.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
hi delvinmaya,the animax channel will come on next year[2009].
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by hancock(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
I did a blind scan and i saw dove tv,biscon,sony entertainment and CHANNEL O? did hitv upload channel o also? dove tv seem to be blurred with poor audio can anybody else confirm these?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2008
hi channel o does not belong to hitv.dstv let it free,maybe they are working on something?.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2008
what about kidsco,sentatasport?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2008
hi niyi09,kidsco and setanta will follow soon.hopely b4 the end of august.there are till some technical issues that eutelsat is working on.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
so how exactly are you related to hitv? working as a pro or wat? urfriend do answer
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2008
It's time for you to verify cos some of your statements here can earn a worker a query.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2008
thanks for asking him also,the guy sure needs to tell us who he is?maybe he is actually oga toyin himself cos he probably has more info than most people there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.