Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ (12869 Views)

Nigeria’s Economy Choking Under Pangs Of Politics- Businessday / I Didn’t Know Corruption Was This Much Under Me- GEJ / 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by highlandre(m): 6:51am On Oct 03, 2012
This gaffe shows that GEJ's advisers and speech-writers are very lame, unprofessional and poor in carrying out their responsibilities. Or, how on earth do you constantly ridicule Mr President with reported lies and unresearched stories? But then, whenever Nigerians express their constructive views as regards GEJ's administration in National Dailies, these same presidential handbags classify such views as silly and unreflective of the administration's performance. I smh for Goodluck cos of the low quality of his image makers.

Meanwhile, as a PHD holder, Mr President himself should know that you don't just copy and paste anything from newspaper without thoroughly investigating such. Na wao! Well, I wish him and his media team Goodluck. wink
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by superior1: 6:54am On Oct 03, 2012
Abeg, what is the meaning of Notorious Fact another name for Presidential Stupidity

3 Likes

Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by jadakiss213(m): 6:56am On Oct 03, 2012
maclatunji: Hahahahahahaha! How can we trust a leader who cannot get his facts correctly in an address to the country on our national day? This is a national embarrassment of monumental proportions. Is it not the same President who "doesn't give a damn " about what people are saying? He has been copying and pasting from Newspapers- what a shame from our PhD. holding President!

Mind you, he said the same thing at the Independence Church Service at the National Christian Centre on September 30 - would Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor and other Christians come out to condemn Mr. President for practically lying in church!? Your guess is almost as good as mine.
Quiet,Mr Man...where you there?
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2012
This man has demystified d office of d president; acting like d ordinary man on d street who is overwhelmed by life's problems but trudging on. This is why he connects with d ordinary ppl beta dan any nigerian politician dat pretends he knows it all & see d rest of d populace like dim wits.
Come 2015, ds trait is going to work in his favour. D ppl want 'one of their own' as president.
#(this is just an objective analysis of d situation & not holding forte for GEJ)#
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by lorddannie: 7:08am On Oct 03, 2012
gregg2: Demdem & Dayokanu are one and the same person. Stop logging in and logging out - switching user Id's.
imagine the extent one has gone in order to vent his frustration and hate on somebody that does not know he exists. God help us!
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Wsdm: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2012
I am also waiting for the election observers to come and refute their baseless claims on the last election. If the president have no international support groups, he will start acting.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by YEMOYEMI: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2012
It is a big shame on the president of a country not to know what is going on around him. This is the way I see GEJ. Am just thinking, if truly Transparency International rated Nigeria so high, don't we think an official congratulatory message or something close to the presidency to confirm this? I also think that if such letter did not come, it was the responsibility of the presidential medial aide to get across to TI for further confirmation. It is so sad that anyone can come to the president with a newspaper claiming that an average Nigerian is living above $1000 per day and the president will joyfully accept accept it and add it to his achievement in office. GEJ is surrounded by people who are telling him what he wants to hear--lies in order to assume/believe he is the messiah Nigeria was waiting for. As a president of the nation, I would have expected GEJ to know virtually everything that is going on around him rather than waiting to be fed with lies. Show me your friend and I will tell you the kind of person you are. God will save Nigeria.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by JimmyBoy1: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2012
Even if somebody published false reports, the President is better positoned than anyone else to know that Corruption is not being addressed in the country,when People like Lawan and Otedola have not even being docked once.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by chucky234(m): 7:23am On Oct 03, 2012
Aso Rock has become a circus center where unserious comedians display their poorly chiseled talent to amuse Nigerians in the name of speech writing,what in the world will make the president of the world's most populous black nation depend so much on a national newspaper for facts if not for absurdity.
The TI report were not the only false report in that speech,so many things he said in that speech wrong including power being improved and the PIB,he also said that corruption has been cut down to the minimum which is a blatant lie.
Elections are still being rigged daily,GEJ is not just the most criticized president in the world but also the most besotted,his actions and utterances always get me perturbed.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by scarphase(m): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2012
Wat is more annoying is da fact dat som pple wld come here and defend GEJ wen da facts are dere for all to see.Nigeria isn't a local government where u can do copy and paste and expect well meaning citizens nt to cross check wateva u say.

Do we have a president in Nigeria?a question for da gods!
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Gbawe: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2012
Was it not only yesterday I was telling the brainwashed Nairaland fans of GEJ that opposition Parties, prominent Nigerians and social critics will begin to condemn Jonathan for his shameful attempt to use deceit to mask how he has little to show in the fight against corruption for his almost 3 years as substantive President? Everyone knows corruption has worsened terribly under GEJ. This is the motivation for the desperate attempt to deceive Nigerians that those in bed with corruption are fighting it. GEJ has truly demeaned the office of President with his deceitful antics. What is written below is only the beginning. I am sure many social critics and political analysts are putting pen to paper right now regarding this disgraceful topic.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%98apologize-misleading-nigerians-anti-corruption-fight%E2%80%99-acn-tells-president-jonathan

‘Apologize for Misleading Nigerians on Anti-Corruption Fight,’ ACN Tells President Jonathan
Posted: October 3, 2012 - 04:11

Lai Mohammed
By SaharaReporters, New York
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to apologize unreservedly to Nigerians for misleading them on the blunder concerning the alleged positive rating given to the country by the global anti-corruption body, Transparency International.

In a statement issued in Lagos today by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, ACN expressed shock and sadness that the President of Africa's most populous nation and the continent's second largest economy can make such a frivolous claim on an issue of global concern as corruption.

''Transparency International has denied claims by President Jonathan, in his 52nd independence anniversary speech on Monday, that the global body has rated Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption,'' the statement said, noting that the ACN’s demand for an apology came after it saw a copy of Transparency International's response to inquiries on the President's claim.

“Transparency International does not have a recent rating or report that places Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption,” the body said in response to enquiry by Premium Times.

''In the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index, which measures perceived levels of public sector corruption, Nigeria scored 2.4 on a scale where 0 means highly corrupt and 10 means very clean. It was ranked 143 out of 183 countries.”

ACN said that in addition to apologizing to all Nigerians for the embarrassment, the President must immediately kick-start an investigation into the source of a claim that has exposed his Administration and the entire country to global ridicule.

Furthermore, the President, who was apparently trying to showcase the 'achievements' of his administration in the fight against corruption, has now raised doubts about the authenticity of other claims he made in the anniversary speech, the party noted.

It said: ''Among other claims, the President had said that real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 7.1 per cent on average; that his Administration's Investment Climate Reform Programme has helped to attract over N6.8 trillion local and foreign direct investment commitments, and that Nigeria is ranked first in the top 5 host economies for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inAfrica, accounting for over 20 per cent of total FDI flows into the continent.”

It stated that in view of the fact that the President's claim of positive rating for Nigeria in the anti-corruption fight has been debunked, it is logical for Nigerians to doubt the truth in the other claims, and indeed in the entire speech.

“This is very sad for the Jonathan Administration, because if the bond of trust between the government and its citizens is broken, the government's credibility suffers and, without credibility, any government is not worth its name,'' ACN said.

The party said if the President fails to act quickly to unearth the source of such a spurious claim and ensure it does not recur, he risks a bigger embarrassment from officials who may want to tweak facts and figures to justify their positions.

''In the end, the responsibility for any inaccuracy in any speech by the President rests squarely on his shoulders,'' it said.

It would be recalled that during a worship service at the National Christian Centre in Abuja on Sunday, President Jonathan attracted widespread mockery and laughter when he said that he is almost second to none in combatting corruption.

“Our commitment to the fight against corruption is second to that of America’s commitment,” he told the shocked congregation. “We are very commitment to it and everybody knows.”
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by steffans(m): 7:42am On Oct 03, 2012
So why does he Pay Okpue and Abati GEJ is actuall a President Trainee as CAN claims..cuz dis guy is really Clueless......SMH 4 9ja
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Elueme: 7:43am On Oct 03, 2012
[b]Talk is cheap, keep talking till, your saliva runs dry. First, this topic is mischievous, it is a very big lie the way it is presented sensationally and very misleading. Secondly, the presidency never said that Nigeria is 2nd to America in the ratings of countries with improved corruption indices however, what the president said and which was based on a pure fact was that Nigeria is ranked second to the US amonged countries who have reinvigorated efforts at reducing the corruption menace( it's left for TI to tell if that effort is improving in the fight or not). He ( GEJ) went further to state ( during the interdenominational thanksgiving service) that the country awaits a new rating from transparency international to see if this will reflect on the country's position. These words are sharp contrast to what political jobbers in the opposition are preaching.. These jobbers thinking that most Nigerians won't think had twisted the president's statement to mean that GEJ said that Nigeria is 2nd to the U S in the fight against corruption .. These are different statement aparts and it will take good understanding of English language to decipher.[/b]
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Caseless: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2012
He said 'leadrshp is collective effort' but he stil chose d people he tinks ar best 4 d job. Dis ppl hav alwayz strained dis man 2 d state of obloquy because of his cluelessness. Sack abati and d rest of media team 4 dis presidential speech-mishap. Smh!
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by omenka(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2012
And what other 'notorious facts' were contained is his speech? How could Nigerians be sure if the entire speech wasn't based on 'notorious facts'? What a shameless govt.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by killuminati(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2012
Dis man no fit for a president Ooo undecided
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 03, 2012
It is absolutely shameless that very intelligent people in this country are being ruled by some untaught people against their will. I'm awoken every morning with constant awareness of this and seldom ask: How did we let this happen?

Democracy has been known to often times produce an unfortunate result, as did in the case of Hitler and many others. A lot people forget that Hitler was democratically elected. The spine of my rant is: Democracy isn't always the best.

This isn't what we asked for.

3 Likes

Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by lightheart(m): 7:55am On Oct 03, 2012
This kain error on a whole Nigeria's Independence Day? By the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? Odikwa risky oo
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by sheyguy: 7:55am On Oct 03, 2012
Can we then conclude that Beaf's name namesake goofed by trusting something else other than SR?
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by onatisi(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2012
utumunta: This man has demystified d office of d president; acting like d ordinary man on d street who is overwhelmed by life's problems but trudging on. This is why he connects with d ordinary ppl beta dan any nigerian politician dat pretends he knows it all & see d rest of d populace like dim wits.
Come 2015, ds trait is going to work in his favour. D ppl want 'one of their own' as president.
#(this is just an objective analysis of d situation & not holding forte for GEJ)#
yes thank God there is someone talking here that really understands nigerian politics and politicians.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Gbawe: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2012
steffans: So why does he Pay Okpue and Abati GEJ is actuall a President Trainee as CAN claims..cuz dis guy is really Clueless......SMH 4 9ja

Indeed. Abati, Okupe et al may actually be 'playing' GEJ. They may be taking money from political opponent of GEJ to rubbish the President. They know damn well he does not have a grasp of what is going on around him let alone be able to tell when he is being fed a pack of lies even a little kid can debunk.

GEJ is not a talented leader at all and this is a fact that cannot be spun given what many years in politics reveal him to be - a mediocrity. He is poor at understanding the problems and terrible at devising solutions.

This is why the man relies on having so many expensively maintained spin-doctors. Any leader who is a genuine solutions provider ,and not focused on an agenda of deceit, does not need so many spin-doctors and image launderers. As simple as that.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by onatisi(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2012
caseless: He said 'leadrshp is collective effort' but he stil chose d people he tinks ar best 4 d job. Dis ppl hav alwayz strained dis man 2 d state of obloquy because of his cluelessness. Sack abati and d rest of media team 4 dis presidential speech-mishap. Smh!
i dont know what abati is still doing ,the very fact that he is still there gets me angry he has contributed immensely to the bad publicity this man gej has and yet gej either doesnt see or he is comfortable with it.na wa for this gej.like i always say no be gej fault ,na obj i go blame
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2012
taharqa:

The President only clarified that the part about the TI report was misleading, not other parts of that speech. If you have any issues with it, point it out so we could debate it.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/52nd-independence-speech

This move by the Presidency is simply the best move: admit your mistake, express your regrets and move on. They rightly judged that it doesn't show weakness but Strength to admit( I certainly would NEVER have supported them if they did otherwise cos cant stand Distortions ). It takes courage to discountenance the pettiness of some opposition critics who would surely pounce on this admission of indiscretion to further their own political aims, and do the RIGHT thing; Leadership requires such courage at times.

I expressed my thoughts on this yesterday:

And did i add anything to this position of urs. we are basically saying the same thing. Not everything inside the Retardeen's speech on independence day was true and thats a fact. Besides this shows the kind if incapable hands all around him. I expect at least one of his numerous advisers to have been mandated to do due diligence to this speech before he decided to broadcast it to over 150Million Nigerians.
Already, i'v praised him for accepting his mistake. It takes courage however it shoudnt end there. heads must row. Whosoever is responsible for this goof should be sacked. Such has succeeded in making the President look like a fool. If u must ask me, i am suggesting Abati. He must be sacked.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by maclatunji: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2012
jadakiss213: Quiet,Mr Man...where you there?

Duh! I watched him on national television a.k.a. NTA in Nigeria. I am not like GEJ lackeys. In fact, I have a report coming up soon for you GEJ minions to debunk.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2012
HQ: Geez, Let me get something straight.

The Presidency now get their information from the National Dalies? shocked shocked

Shocking.

From the looks of things, it seems so. very Pathetic.

gregg2: Demdem & Dayokanu are one and the same person. Stop logging in and logging out - switching user Id's.

Will u STFU and face the subject matter of this thread.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by deletrue: 8:07am On Oct 03, 2012
this president is the best so far in this country in that he is the one and only president that has admitted a mistake. my highest or greatest praise goes to him, No one has ever done this in this country no matter how gravious an issue is. I also no that since the president has a greater number of enemies, it is ththis kind of things they have been praying for. Instead of the revers.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2012
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2012
Chubhie: "That anything published and goes unchallenged is the truth" GEJ has good intentions but the sychos and money grabbers keeps misinforming this peace loving and gentleman..... When oga presido nor be small pikin....How dem end up still feeding him lies and he keeps buying baffles me o. I dont envy the position that GEJ box himself into..... Fire all them sychos and make example outta of em.

When a person surrounds himself with advisers like Maku the silly one, Okupe the dog, Abati the Liar, Reno the "spinner" and even non portfolio advisers who are murderers like Ateke, Tompolo, Asari etc and their kind, what do u expect? He is to be blamed for his predicament.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Rhapsody1(f): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2012
superior1: Abeg, what is the meaning of Notorious Fact [/b][/size]

It is a fact that is so notorious or well known, or so authoritatively attested, that it cannot reasonably be doubted. In law, notorious facts need not be proved in the usual way. They are said to be so obvious that a court may simply take notice of them.

Based on the above definition, that gaffe does not qualify as NOTORIOUS FACT. Or else, why had Premium Times needed to confirm from TI if it was a well known/authoritatively attested fact. And if media houses were not aware of this fact, how was the average Nigerian expected to know. Plus, it is not tenable in court without supporting evidence. Another (better) phrase should be used to describe the mistake, and not NOTORIOUS FACT. Just pointing out something
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2012
deletrue: this president is the best so far in this country in that he is the one and only president that has admitted a mistake. my highest or greatest praise goes to him, No one has ever done this in this country no matter how gravious an issue is. I also no that since the president has a greater number of enemies, it is ththis kind of things they have been praying for. Instead of the revers.

People like you continue to sanction this mediocrity in governance. Why? Why? Why?
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by amobii: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2012
Elueme: [b]Talk is cheap, keep talking till, your saliva runs dry. First, this topic is mischievous, it is a very big lie the way it is presented sensationally and very misleading. Secondly, the presidency never said that Nigeria is 2nd to America in the ratings of countries with improved corruption indices however, what the president said and which was based on a pure fact was that Nigeria is ranked second to the US amonged countries who have reinvigorated efforts at reducing the corruption menace( it's left for TI to tell if that effort is improving in the fight or not). He ( GEJ) went further to state ( during the interdenominational thanksgiving service) that the country awaits a new rating from transparency international to see if this will reflect on the country's position. These words are sharp contrast to what political jobbers in the opposition are preaching.. These jobbers thinking that most Nigerians won't think had twisted the president's statement to mean that GEJ said that Nigeria is 2nd to the U S in the fight against corruption .. These are different statement aparts and it will take good understanding of English language to decipher.[/b]

I don't think its matter of English language, i think next time we should get fact & figure right, most importantly if masses cannot noticed the improvement people would raise eyebrow and question it, these mistakes are getting rampant within the presidency and its reducing the integrity of GEJ administration.
Re: I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Oct 03, 2012
kokoA: If this is true then I wonder why Mr. President have not sent his speech writers parking.. This is really embarassing for the presidency. Now GEJ should know that his enemies isn't the opposition nor his social media critics, his enemies are those dinning with him there in aso villa. No Nigerian wants our country to fail, so it beats my imagination when people criticise the government are calle "haters" of the president. Smh! Maybe the speech was written by an CAN member to embarass the president sha. grin

This post i love kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture / Onnoghen: Why We Blamed SW / INEC To Delist Weak Parties, Review Campaign Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.