Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? (12158 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by olubabequeen: 4:07am On Oct 03, 2012
Ladies, What Is Like Marrying A Nigerian Pastor.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Mynd44: 5:06am On Oct 03, 2012
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Booty4me: 6:22am On Oct 03, 2012
Smh
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by ednut1(m): 6:50am On Oct 03, 2012
gal , nigerian pastor are one of d worst pple to get marry to, he prob had u claiming God revealed to him, prepare urself for a life of crap because he can justify all his actions good or bad wit selective bible verse, but on d good side u gonna enjoy d free tithe money . Hehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by MrsChima(f): 7:20am On Oct 03, 2012
Just like any other pastors
....you just have to watch if he doez what he say. I have met many fakr ass pastors but i have met some that are real and walk the talk.

Just shine your eyes.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Riskyman(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2012
just passing by......
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by bizmogul(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2012
ednut1: gal , nigerian pastor are one of d worst pple to get marry to, he prob had u claiming God revealed to him, prepare urself for a life of crap because he can justify all his actions good or bad wit selective bible verse, but on d good side u gonna enjoy d free tithe money . Hehehehehe

Do not judge all Pastors based on the behaviour of some few bad eggs. It all depends on the "MAN" you are getting married to. Pastors could be the sweetest people to get married to; that entirely depends on his orientation. I have a woman friend who is mhappily married to a Pastor; believe me they are a couple to die for.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by obowunmi(m): 8:58am On Oct 03, 2012
Did he tell you "god" revealed you to him?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by tai2(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2012
You're in for a good life. Luxury cars, feeding, trips and bank accounts sponsored by clueless victims sorry faithful church members in the name of tithing.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by preciousoz: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
A Man is a Man nothing More.

When dealing with people, don't get carried away by their Titles but judge them based on the Content of their Character.

Pastor,Imam,gov,senator dnt mean a thing in Marriage, just Go get the one God has reserved for You.

11 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by hassymo5(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
not all pastor's are saint,, becareful
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by onila(f): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
u have to be fighting demons every night with yr pastor husband

Nigerian pastors don't sleep. they stay up praying all the time

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by DICKtator: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
I guess StephanieOkotieHenshaw would be able to give an answer to this your question.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by gabriel212: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
I believe their are more cogent news we can place for reading rather asking all this question. y u no go pray about ur to be instead asking the public to decide for u who to marry.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by yeye4live(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
I kno of a woman in my area dat maried a pastor infact dey fite always cuse moni no dey,d woman s always advisin her husband 2leave dat church n form he's 4rm wat we heard.
D point of it here s dat women re just like a car,wen u buy dem n don't fuel n maintain dem like ordas look deyu wil kill u b4 ur time
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by mallorca(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
gudluck
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Venchy: 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
You'll have lots of money to spend including flying around on JET......Ha ha ha.

For real, there's no more "GOOD" MOG or PASTORS anymore, all we have now are BUSINESS MEN OF GOD.....ha ha.

So my dear be careful as someone said earlier, you'll be fighting lots of demons and lots of night Vigil.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by stepo707: 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
DICKtator: I guess StephanieOkotieHenshaw would be able to give an answer to this your question.
grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
onila: u have to be fighting demons every night with yr pastor husband

I dnt tnk so.
2 d topic, a man is a man. Wether he is a Pastor, Imam, Native Doctor, Lawyer etc.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by bankylan: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
I seldom visit nairaland these days...but i wonder why nairalanders always speak about Pastors....
But to answer your question, I think the question is flawed. Marriage decision should be about what defines the particular person....what is his personality....If being a Nigerian pastor is all that defines him, then you may be making a wrong choice. Who is he outside his pastoral duties? This should be your concern as you will live with his person more than his duties?
But if this questions is all about mocking the Nigerian pastor, then it will be very unfortunate....
if it is easy to be a pastor and make money, I wonder why some critics have not decided to be pastors.
Pastors don't live on tithes, and in an ideal church,pastors don't have anything to do with Church's tithes. Most pastors are on salary, and some don't even collect salary because they have their own business.

Most of you often question the decision of pastors to own business, but you have failed to acknowledge the fact that pastors have responsibilities of providing for their immediate family and sending their children to good schools. Besides, if a Pastor has not defeated poverty, how will he convince his members that God is able to provide for all their needs. I grew up in CAC, and I know how pastors and their families suffer to live. But things are changing now, and most pastors are business minded. Shepherding a church does not exclude you from doing business. It is nothing but a mental laziness not to think of strategic business that will not take your time. It is now all about insights, and that is the advantage of some pentecostal pastors we have today. In my church, my Pastor is the number one tither. He preaches on Tue, Wed, and twice on Sundays, yet he still have time for his private business. There are so many other pastors like that. It is quite unfortunate that many people still expect to see Pastors in tattered dress, and cherish the the feelings that they are the one feeding pastors and his family.
I just have the feelings that most people here abusing men of God are still in their twenties or have not encountered the power of God in their lives. Most critics I have met in my life are the most frustrated human beings on earth. But I have never seen a rich and blessed person criticize anyhow. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but when it comes to being abusive, then I can bet that the critics are either poor, broke, jobless,frustrated, or unbelievers.

40 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Nnekacherry: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
Forget about his title..
If you love the dude, stay with him... If you don't, then take a walk... Your happiness should be your priority...
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
You are not getting married to a super human being; pastors are humans, they have weakness like us.

Don't be blinded by the title "Pastor". Make sure that you both complement each other spiritually and physically.

I wish you both goodluck.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
onila: u have to be fighting demons every night with yr pastor husband

if this is your reason then I rather have a pastor as my husband!

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by goofie: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
pastor is a title, christianity is a life.

jst forget his title n jst see him as a man.cos if u try to view him based on the "pastor", u myt be disappointed.

his personality, character, and ideas about life cnt be overshadowed by a title.

study him and treat him like a mere man and respect him as ur husband first before u see him as a pastor

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by azimibraun: 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
I go lk see wia pastor dey wire o! Dem dey pray b4 dem start; dem dey change style or dem go jst hold on 2 d one wey dem profession permit(missio) wen men of god( pastors) wan free fluid hw him dey do? Dem dey shout I dey come idey come lk we ppl of god?
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by KINGwax(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
olubabequeen: Ladies, What Is Like Marrying A Nigerian Pastor. What Should I Expect
olubabequeen: Ladies, What Is Like Marrying A Nigerian Pastor. What Should I Expect
well listen up,
1. get ready to get bored. Even when your vag.hair overgrows, he's gonna shout 'Jesus!'
2. They shld have a short todger! I think frequent exercises makes the todger get bigger. But i shld biliv because dey are not supposed to be so much fuckin, their todger shld be small.
3. Quick ejac! U shld knw now...
4. U knw, discourage him from using ties, it's a quick avenue to thoughts of committin suicide by hanging!
5. If u love to change positions durin sex, forget it. Cos it will look like an abomination when u tug out our butt at him askin him to dig in!
6. What the fucck is your problem, is the pastor not human? But Get ready for a script-written life.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Truckpusher(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
just prepare to meet thy king.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by gulfer: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
Expect heaven on earth as per material wealth as they seem to have it more than anyone these days.
Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by Todaynatoday: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
So @op, you want to marry him because he is a "Nigerian pastor" and u felt that since the average nairalander was a good judge of character in terms of pastors, they would be able to determine if the pastor was fake or not. Didn't u date him at all? or did he just wake up one day, saw u on the road and decided to marry you? How many people on nairaland do you know that have pastors as husbands? why did u think that this platform would be the best way to get a reasonable answer? or did u just think this topic up?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? by FrenchyL(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
bankylan: I seldom visit nairaland these days...but i wonder why nairalanders always speak about Pastors....
But to answer your question, I think the question is flawed. Marriage decision should be about what defines the particular person....what is his personality....If being a Nigerian pastor is all that defines him, then you may be making a wrong choice. Who is he outside his pastoral duties? This should be your concern as you will live with his person more than his duties?
But if this questions is all about mocking the Nigerian pastor, then it will be very unfortunate....
if it is easy to be a pastor and make money, I wonder why some critics have not decided to be pastors.
Pastors don't live on tithes, and in an ideal church,pastors don't have anything to do with Church's tithes. Most pastors are on salary, and some don't even collect salary because they have their own business.

Most of you often question the decision of pastors to own business, but you have failed to acknowledge the fact that pastors have responsibilities of providing for their immediate family and sending their children to good schools. Besides, if a Pastor has not defeated poverty, how will he convince his members that God is able to provide for all their needs. I grew up in CAC, and I know how pastors and their families suffer to live. But things are changing now, and most pastors are business minded. Shepherding a church does not exclude you from doing business. It is nothing but a mental laziness not to think of strategic business that will not take your time. It is now all about insights, and that is the advantage of some pentecostal pastors we have today. In my church, my Pastor is the number one tither. He preaches on Tue, Wed, and twice on Sundays, yet he still have time for his private business. There are so many other pastors like that. It is quite unfortunate that many people still expect to see Pastors in tattered dress, and cherish the the feelings that they are the one feeding pastors and his family.
I just have the feelings that most people here abusing men of God are still in their twenties or have not encountered the power of God in their lives. Most critics I have met in my life are the most frustrated human beings on earth. But I have never seen a rich and blessed person criticize anyhow. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but when it comes to being abusive, then I can bet that the critics are either poor, broke, jobless,frustrated, or unbelievers.

Spot on Sir. You just communicated what was in my spirit. I only hope that the skeptics on this thread see the spirit and sense in your line of thought. smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Thing You Did While Making Love ? / What Did You Get As A Valentine Gift? / A Cab Driver Found My G -spot And Gave Me The Best Se.x Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.