Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months (37002 Views)

Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke / Military Needs To Take Over For Two To 3 Years To Reform Nigeria-robert Clarke / I Can’t See Anything, I Can’t Read, Graduate Tells Akwa Ibom Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by lalasticlala(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Prominent Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Robert Clarke, Tuesday evening said that the newly elected president of the 8th Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki, will not last for 9 months. Mr. Clarke faulted the process that saw a new leadership for the Senate.

Speaking on Channels television news hour interview, Clarke said today is the saddest day he’s ever seen in the political history of Nigeria.

“I must confess that today is the saddest day I’ve ever seen in the political history of Nigeria. What happened today is the highest form of treachery. I can assure you that what transpired in the senate today does not confirm with the rules of the senate in the election of its principal officers.”

“With what happened today one wonders whether PDP and APC are not one and the same. What Saraki has done today is sell out his party. I can’t see Saraki last for 9 months.”

“This happened with the PDP in 1999. When the Senate was about to start the same scenario played itself. Okadigbo was to have been named as the president of the Senate and Nwobodo asked that Evan Enwerem should come in. Enwerem did not last for 9 months. I can’t see Saraki last because the way he has emerged gives room for us to suspect his integrity.”

Clarke argued that about 50 per cent of the members could not be absent and the Senate claims to have been inaugurated. The lawyer further stressed that it means the Senate only has 57 members. He asserted that what the senators did amounted to disenfranchising 51 other members at a time they were not sworn in.

He noted that the rule of the Senate that the senators quoted to support their claim on quorum formation was equally wrong. He went further to spur the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to fight the matter in court.

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/06/10/i-cant-see-saraki-last-for-9-months-robert-clarke/#

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Eshinwaju: 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Cross jagaban...at your own risk......saraki's time is coming.... angry

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by gemiclem(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
let's watch the drama unfold

meanwhile the guy above me no even waste time

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by KoredeBellosMum(f): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
Den ure blind.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by stevolinkon40: 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
Some eye does functuon.many doesn't. ..Bukola is the new senate president.

14 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Firefire(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
If Aminu Tambuwal can sell-out his party and last for FOUR YEARS, Senator Bukola Saraki will last FOREVER, unless the gods CHANGE their mind. But the God I know will disgrace all selfish politicians like Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by lolababe331e: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
He should remember that the one thing APC does well is win court cases. Saraki's end is coming soon

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by stevolinkon40: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Double post.
Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by bisten14: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
wink

O boy see how guys rush to comment on Lalastic post like speed of a light.
Continu there is God.
Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
bad belle people making watery predictions!!!! its allowed grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by babyfaceafrica: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki is a snake!!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by adebisicutie: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Saraki is a snake!!!!!

The snake's head will soon be cut off

27 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by vedaxcool(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
Neither can I see Saraki be relevant in Nigerian politics for a long time to come. Make we just fold our arms look. Any persons or group of persons that have vowed to make Nigeria never enjoy our well deserved fruits of change shall be struck down by the wrath of God. Since democracy returned only these mumu politcians have been enjoying it more than the people it was designed to cater for. Oloshi dem!

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Firefire(m): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
shocked
Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by RockMaxi: 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
Cross jagaban...at your own risk......saraki's time is coming.... angry

Why arrogate an unnecessary status to mere mortal angry In as much as I detest the overambitious nature of saraki, there will still be room for the different parties to reach a compromise.
Saraki definitely knew what he was doing but most comments read so far on this platform have forgotten that their long agitation to stamp out corruption may never sail through just because most of them wanted to take their pound of flesh on Tinubu.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by brownlord1: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
The Oluwole lawyer must be related to Falana

17 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by VickJames(m): 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Lol
Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by baby124: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki has killed himself politically. This kind of desperation is quite mind boggling. The speed that they even used to say the swearing in shows they knew they were wrong. The clerk of the senate should also be sanctioned. What that clerk did was crazy. They were all doing it with the speed of light. Out of fear that the other's may arrive just in time

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by jorlons(m): 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
TANoids are celebrating his emergence as senate president because they've calculated that he might defect to PDP.

Let's assume he does, then what ?? He teams up with other PDP politicians to thwart the agenda of PMB, then what, PMB fails or is unable to deliver fully on his promises.

Who ends up being affected the most?? APC or Nigerians??

Bloody TANoids thinking like they're not Nigerians.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by abduljabbar4(m): 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki should be punished severely by the APC

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by dondo83(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
he probably would have still won, but the way he went by it is very wrong. Dogora's case is just like tambuwal so apc will live with it, but saraki will eventually vacate that position

27 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Johnnyessence(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
this is d truth saraki will not last in the senate infact he will be dissappointed with his action.

18 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by abduljabbar4(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
baby124:
Saraki has killed himself politically. This kind of desperation is quite mind boggling. The speed that they even used to say the swearing in shows they knew they were wrong. The clerk of the senate should also be sanctioned. What that clerk did was crazy. They were all doing it with the speed of light. Out of fear that the other's may arrive just in time
It is safe to say that there was no election at all

19 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by dre11(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
Love this drama that is unfolding

“I must confess that today is the saddest day I’ve ever seen in the political history of Nigeria. What happened today is the highest form of treachery.

gringringrin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by plendil: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
hmm
Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Johnnyessence(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
if saraki is been expelled in apc things will become normal cos' this shows embracing d decampees of other party faithfuls is very bad this will teach d apc lesson it so so painful we are hearing bukola saraki as president of d senate cos' he doesn't av d capacity to rule this country.

5 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
I must watch this movie to the very end......

2 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Raiders: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki should be expell from APC

6 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by Image123(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Certainly not right. Spiting APC should not be our priority but moving the nation forward.

3 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by FreeGlobe(f): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
[s]Cross jagaban...at your own risk......saraki's time is coming....[/s] angry
keep that nonsense in the south west. nothng will happen, nobody is scared of Tinubu

12 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months by FreeGlobe(f): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
vedaxcool:
Neither can I see Saraki be relevant in Nigerian politics for a long time to come. Make we just fold our arms look. Any persons or group of persons that have vowed to make Nigeria never enjoy our well deserved fruits of change shall be struck down by the wrath of God. Since democracy returned only these mumu politcians have been enjoying it more than the people it was designed to cater for. Oloshi dem!
it seems the yorubas in apc have not learned anything yet. Touch saraki and pdp takes over government

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NSCDC Officer Joins In Looting Of Palliatives / #ondodecides2016: PDP Governorship Candidates Appeal Judgement & Hearings / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.