Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,905 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954625 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Yes,na d exact date u will write. I later opt for paper application since d thing refuse to submit. But I was told by d embassy dt,dey will send it to finland thru reliable courier. So that make me kukuma do it that way. I ws behind schedule ni.

Boss still try to submit if u can. So at least u can track ur application online. It will be frustrating to be left in the dark for weeks or even months. Migri and UAF have the same blood in them. They wont give u ur application status if u mail them. They are annoying set of people. So its better, so u can have peace of mind during that period.....cos no be easy period o...lol.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2015
billydragon:
na network e go b boss...paper route make sense baba since dey are goin to use reliable courier send am..

Ore,ve send it like dt. Dough I was told,dey will use DHL to send it to finland after verification.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 9:26am On Jun 12, 2015
iceberg54:

Boss still try to submit if u can. So at least u can track ur application online. It will be frustrating to be left in the dark for weeks or even months. Migri and UAF have the same blood in them. They wont give u ur application status if u mail them. They are annoying set of people. So its better, so u can have peace of mind during that period.....cos no be easy period o...lol.

Cheers!

Bros I tried to do it online,i tried to an extent that I need to start my application all over again. Still it didn't submit and d deadline was near. So I quickly opt for paper based one becos it's beta to do dt, Dan to lose d whole application. I know it won't be eazy,ve already project august for myself. Make God help me.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by easrael(f): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I'm almost done with service and I've been considering Helsinki even before I left school cos I don't want to go back to UNILAG for Masters since I heard Helsinki is tuition free and its a better school.

I know that applications will open by December 1 though I have a FunMia account t already, I want to ask the following questions:

1) How much will I spend on the process in total?

2) Is it worth it as I'm not really financially buoyant and I'm self sponsored on this one?

3) What are the things I may need to put in place ahead of the application period ( I have my certificate, statement of result)

4) I also want to be sure if its TOEFL I'll do since our country is non-EU!

Thanks as you HELP ME embarassedHello Everyone,

I'm almost done with service and I've been considering Helsinki even before I left school cos I don't want to go back to UNILAG for Masters since I heard Helsinki is tuition free and its a better school.

I know that applications will open by December 1 though I have a FunMia account t already, I want to ask the following questions:

2) Is it worth it as I'm not really financially buoyant and I'm self sponsored on this one?

3) What are the things I may need to put in place ahead of the application period ( I have my certificate, statement of result)

Thanks as you HELP ME
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
easrael:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks as you HELP ME embarassedHello Everyone,

Thanks as you HELP ME

This question has been answered a million times... And there's one direction to get answers to this question here--------->Pg0
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmanforall:

This question has been answered a million times... And there's one direction to get answers to this question here--------->Pg0
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by easrael(f): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Cmanforall:

Thanks cmanforall but I'll love this questions to be answered as time changes and I've read through page 0 to 75 on this thread and is still need like personal mentorship...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
easrael:

Thanks cmanforall but I'll love this questions to be answered as time changes and I've read through page 0 to 75 on this thread and is still need like personal mentorship...

Time has not changed.....

Lemme give u a brief on cost

You need to be able to raise 1.5M or get a sponsor to deposit 1.5M in ur account.

Test of english will cost btw 35K - 40K

You can write one out of TOEFL, IELTS and PTE Academic

Notarization of certificates will cost between 50 naira to 200 naira per page.

transcript cost varies per school

You also need to get an international passport if you don't have one already.

You need to send ur transcript and application package to the school..... i used DHL and it costs 13,400. So multiply that by the number of application you will like to send.

...So u need around 65K for pre admission cost for one program.

....After admission you will need the following
32K for insurance
67K to 72K for residence permit fees
9K to send ur docs to the finish embassy... i used DHL
other expenses....5K ( bank statement, scanning n printing cost)

....So u should b looking at around 110k for post admission cost.

In total budget around 170K for one program excluding cost of obtaining transcripts from ur University and sending to d school of ur choice.

Please ensure u have a way of getting 1.5M in your account with d required support documentation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
olabode89:

You need to be able to raise 1.5M or get a sponsor to deposit 1.5M in ur account.

You can write one out of TOEFL, IELTS and
PTE Academic

You need to send ur transcript and application package to the school..... i used DHL and it costs 13,400. So multiply that by the number of application you will like to send.

32K for insurance

In total budget around 170K for one program excluding cost of obtaining transcripts from ur University and sending to d school of ur choice.

Please ensure u have a way of getting 1.5M in your account with d required support documentation.

To back it up. Let me give a small advice. Starting a journey is gud if u don't know how much u will spend totally,becos if u do,u won't try @ all. But if u take the step,it will be diffcult 4 u to mid way. So start 1st, den see how everything will add up eventually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
olabode89:

32K for insurance

Like play like play, peson don spend much money for this o... Anyway, Thank God its yielding... smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 9:20am On Jun 13, 2015
Boss thank you for this breakdown. u v just answered many 'ghost viewers' questions.

olabode89:

32K for insurance

In total budget around 170K for one program ex

cluding cost of obtaining transcripts from ur University and sending to d school of ur choice.

@ easrael, please when did u create ur Funima account cox i learnt that itz closed till around November.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by easrael(f): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2015
Growingboi:
Boss thank you for this breakdown. u v just answered many 'ghost viewers' questions.

@ easrael, please when did u create ur Funima account cox i learnt that itz closed till around November.

Sir I created the account back in 013 then but the ASUU strike dulled me big time so I'm looking at re-accessing the account this November and rep applying this December.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by easrael(f): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2015
olabode89 Now this was the perfect answer I've been looking for and you just provided the answer which is not on Page 1 and you can see that's what others too are looking for exactly.... Now I know I've to hustle for this money before December which isn't a big deal per say...

Thanks so much....See you in Finland Insha Allah and by the special grace of God
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
saintpope:
Yea the embassy returns your passport immediately on same day you are taking your finger prints, I would not say the embassy interviewed me because I wasnt asked any question, I only showed them my documents and credentials, so that isnt an interview.
Ok, thanks.
For those who have gone through the RP application process, the embassy stamps applicant's passport before returning it. There are three letters A/C D on the stamp (they circled one of the letters), I'll like to know what they circled for you.
@iceberg, Olabode.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
presiade:

Ok, thanks.
For those who have gone through the RP application process, the embassy stamps applicant's passport before returning it. There are three letters A/C D on the stamp (they circled one of the letters), I'll like to know what they circled for you.
@iceberg, Olabode.

D was circled.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
olabode89:

D was circled.
boss, wat does d "d" stands 4 pls?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Ore,ve send it like dt. Dough I was told,dey will use DHL to send it to finland after verification.
God is in control my broda...has ur documents been delivered 2 d embassy?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
billydragon:
boss, wat does d "d" stands 4 pls?

My broda me sef nor know o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
billydragon:
God is in control my broda...has ur documents been delivered 2 d embassy?

Yes since Thursday.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
abeg this "D" issue make sirkezman come sort am o

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anyicent: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
According to the purpose of traveling the Uniform Schengen Visa applies to all of the three categories, “A”, “B” and “C”.
“A” category stands for the Airport Transit Visa which allows its holder to travel through the international zone of the Schengen Country Airport without entering the Schengen Country Area. Airport transit visa is mandatory for the citizens travelling from one non-Schengen state to another non-Schengen state through a change of flights in a Schengen Country airport.
“B” category stands for the Transit Visa which allows its holder to transit within no more than 5 days through more than one Schengen country by car, coach or plane on the way to a non-Schengen country.

“C” category stands for a Short-term visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Country for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity. This particular category, according to the holder’s purpose of the travel can be obtained in a form of:
Single-entry visa allows its holder to enter a Schengen country only once for the certain period of time. Once you leave the certain Schengen country you entered the visa validity expires even if the time period allowed to stay in the country is not over yet.
Double-entry visa applies for the same policy as above mentioned however you are allowed to enter the Schengen country twice meaning that for the certain period of time permitted by your visa you can enter the Schengen country, leave and enter again without any problems. Once you are out of the country for the second time the visa expires.
Multiple-entry visa allows its holder to go in and out of the Schengen country as pleased. However this visa allows its holder to stay in a Schengen Zone for maximum 90 days within half the year, starting from the day one crosses the border between a Schengen member country and the non-Schengen member country.

The national visa of “D” category is granted to the certain individuals who are to be studying, working or permanently residing in one of the Schengen countries. The national visa can be of a single entry, granted for the people who are in need of residing in the Schengen country for a certain period of time and for a sole purpose after which they shall return to their country. On the other hand a multi-entry national visa is also granted for certain individuals allowing its holder to travel in and out of this Schengen country as he/she pleases and also travel throughout the whole Schengen Area without additional visa requirements.

5 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
thanks @anyicent
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
anyicent:
According to the purpose of traveling the Uniform Schengen Visa applies to all of the three categories, “A”, “B” and “C”.
“A” category stands for the Airport Transit Visa which allows its holder to travel through the international zone of the Schengen Country Airport without entering the Schengen Country Area. Airport transit visa is mandatory for the citizens travelling from one non-Schengen state to another non-Schengen state through a change of flights in a Schengen Country airport.
“B” category stands for the Transit Visa which allows its holder to transit within no more than 5 days through more than one Schengen country by car, coach or plane on the way to a non-Schengen country.

“C” category stands for a Short-term visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Country for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity. This particular category, according to the holder’s purpose of the travel can be obtained in a form of:
Single-entry visa allows its holder to enter a Schengen country only once for the certain period of time. Once you leave the certain Schengen country you entered the visa validity expires even if the time period allowed to stay in the country is not over yet.
Double-entry visa applies for the same policy as above mentioned however you are allowed to enter the Schengen country twice meaning that for the certain period of time permitted by your visa you can enter the Schengen country, leave and enter again without any problems. Once you are out of the country for the second time the visa expires.
Multiple-entry visa allows its holder to go in and out of the Schengen country as pleased. However this visa allows its holder to stay in a Schengen Zone for maximum 90 days within half the year, starting from the day one crosses the border between a Schengen member country and the non-Schengen member country.

The national visa of “D” category is granted to the certain individuals who are to be studying, working or permanently residing in one of the Schengen countries. The national visa can be of a single entry, granted for the people who are in need of residing in the Schengen country for a certain period of time and for a sole purpose after which they shall return to their country. On the other hand a multi-entry national visa is also granted for certain individuals allowing its holder to travel in and out of this Schengen country as he/she pleases and also travel throughout the whole Schengen Area without additional visa requirements.

Thanks bro... u don visit embassy for UKR?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
well said

anyicent:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anyicent: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
olabode89:

Thanks bro... u don visit embassy for UKR?

Not yet,Sir
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 2:43am On Jun 14, 2015
I thought as much, that the circled letter stands for the category but my mind come dey think: 'What if A=approved, and D= denied' lol.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:48am On Jun 14, 2015
presiade:
I thought as much, that the circled letter stands for the category but my mind come dey think: 'What if A=approved, and D= denied' lol.

Lool. Have u visit the embassy? If yes, can u share some questions they ask u for us?
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2015
olabode89:

My broda me sef nor know o
boss,concerning d visa fee, cant i transfer d money from my acc here in kogi to d embassy acc at standard chatered bank...jus tinkin of the idea if it can work dis way?....

oda bosses , ur view also pls..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2015
billydragon:
boss,concerning d visa fee, cant i transfer d money from my acc here to d embassy acc at standard chatered bank...jus tinkin of the idea if it can work dis way?....

oda bosses , ur view also pls..

It should work. Send the embassy an email. I think they have a way of confirming payement. You might also want to print out the payment receipt.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:49am On Jun 14, 2015
olabode89:

It should work. Send the embassy an email. I think they have a way of confirming payement. You might also want to print out the payment receipt.
aiit boss, will send dem a mail asap..bt did u receive receipt after payment at standard bank or u mean bank deposit slip?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Lool. Have u visit the embassy? If yes, can u share some questions they ask u for us?
Thanks
grin
The officer asks you for your name, DOB. He then informs you that you are applying for RP because you want to go and study so, so and so at blablabla university.
Afterwards, he would hand you a form to fill-in, authorizing ur bank to confirm your SOA to the embassy.
Thereafter, he'll hand you a two-page form to complete. This deals with d source of funds, sponsor details...
Finally, you are asked if you have any questions...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2015
billydragon:
aiit boss, will send dem a mail asap..bt did u receive receipt after payment at standard bank or u mean bank deposit slip?

I paid at d bank and got a copy of ddeposit slip as evidence of payment. For online payment you can get a payment receipt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.