Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954664 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2015
ooluseyipa:

There is no need to send mail to anybody. Try to do everything here so that other people can gain thru it. Any question u want to ask, can ve asked here, and am sure peeps will answer u.

Lol...OK...u r right.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2015
choose4me:

Thanks a lot sis.. I ain't giving up.. I'll apply next December and I believe God will perfect it this time.. Congrats on your admission.. Wish you success in your visa interview..
Thanks and amen!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2015
sirkezman:
congrat dear. did you write an entrance exam? if yes, where and how? some friends need the info and i had to decline cuz i have none

Yes I wrote the entrance exam,
I used a Cameroon address,
Chose Centria as my first choice,
so I got invited there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2015
Pls guys, I like to know if I will have any issue if I lodge in the 1.5m into my account using my sponsors name, and in addition get letter from my sponsor as well as his statement of account.
Even though I didn't get the cash from him.
Does the embassy need to see a trail of the money being transfered to my account from his?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2015
yes. u shd deposit the funds in his account and he shd transfer it to yours.

annyjessy:
Pls guys, I like to know if I will have any issue if I lodge in the 1.5m into my account using my sponsors name, and in addition get letter from my sponsor as well as his statement of account.
Does the embassy need to see a trail of the money being transfered to my account from his?

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 11:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Let the money be in your account.Finland does not allow sponsor account. The money has to be and remain in your account for the period of processing your permit.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
annyjessy:

Exactly like serikzman said,d money shld be in ur sponsor's account, den move it to ur acct.
Now is not everything u will deposit into ur spnosr acct in a day. U will spread it for like a perod of 2 weeks,and u will pay it in another names. Moreova a question need to be ask, what is ur sponsor into? Business or working? If it is working, what is salary scale?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
this house thing na yawa o. I got offer for housing but na 80k dm expect me to pay b4 Thursday. I tire o. this ppl no know as 9ja be.

@sirkezman, abeg can I get a place when I arrive by august ending? and then go for kuopas housing by october? or november
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
adebasket97:
this house thing na yawa o. I got offer for housing but na 80k dm expect me to pay b4 Thursday. I tire o. this ppl no know as 9ja be.

@sirkezman, abeg can I get a place when I arrive by august ending? and then go for kuopas housing by october? or november

lol. their eye dey red....

abeg i dey sell cheap flight tickets incase u nvr buy. jst holla me sharply.

congrats. i go join una soon
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hello

I have a problem and I need a quick solution. My dad transfer 1.5m to my GTB account but I withdrew it in cash and deposited it in my first bank acct. I actually withdrew it from GTbank to first bank becoz I was having a tough time telling them to change my Olajide to Jide since Jide was what was on my passport and the details I filled when applying to aalto was also Jide and not Olajide. I know I will be having problems with my name that's why I transfer the fund to first bank.

What can I do now since the money wasn't transfer to my first bank from my dad's account but to GTbank? And the statement of account will show I am still the same person that deposited the funds into my first bank accounts instead of my dad.

I need advice on what to do. Can I withdraw the money from first bank and deposit it again in my first bank but this time will write my dad's name as the depositor. Will this method work? Btw Jide is my last name.

Help anyone. ..

thanks in advance.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
@aril I did same thing too, so what I did was I started depositing the cash into my account weekly in my sponsors name and once in my name.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
adebasket97:
@aril I did same thing too, so what I did was I started depositing the cash into my account weekly in my sponsors name and once in my name.

So should i just withdrew all the money and deposit it back gradually in my sponsors name?

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
aril:

So should i just withdrew all the money and deposit it back gradually in my sponsors name?

Thanks

yeah, you can but for me I was using another account not same one. I withdrew from firstbank and started depositing to Gt bank. let other bosses come

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
aril:
Hello

I have a problem and I need a quick solution. My dad transfer 1.5m to my GTB account but I withdrew it in cash and deposited it in my first bank acct. I actually withdrew it from GTbank to first bank becoz I was having a tough time telling them to change my Olajide to Jide since Jide was what was on my passport and the details I filled when applying to aalto was also Jide and not Olajide. I know I will be having problems with my name that's why I transfer the fund to first bank.

What can I do now since the money wasn't transfer to my first bank from my dad's account but to GTbank? And the statement of account will show I am still the same person that deposited the funds into my first bank accounts instead of my dad.

I need advice on what to do. Can I withdraw the money from first bank and deposit it again in my first bank but this time will write my dad's name as the depositor. Will this method work? Btw Jide is my last name.

Help anyone. ..

thanks in advance.

Bro, what u did is not bad. But to me u shld ve use ur GTB accct like dt. Since it is jst ola dt is d difference,embassy will wave it.
Secondly, u shldn't ve deposit the money in ur name @ d 1st instance. It shld be in ur sponsor name.
So my take on is dt. U use ur GTB acct.withdraw the money from 1st bank and deposit back in ur dad's name since he is d sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Bro, what u did is not bad. But to me u shld ve use ur GTB accct like dt. Since it is jst ola dt is d difference,embassy will wave it.
Secondly, u shldn't ve deposit the money in ur name @ d 1st instance. It shld be in ur sponsor name.
So my take on is dt. U use ur GTB acct.withdraw the money from 1st bank and deposit back in ur dad's name since he is d sponsor.

I appreciate your comment and I will heed to your advice. But I am still in doubt if that (Ola) won't create unnecessary problem for me when am tendering my statement of account at the embassy soon.

Thank you for your comment again.. I am still waiting to read from other bosses here before I decide by tomorrow.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
@oluseyi abeg how your housing, you don pay?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Exactly like serikzman said,d money shld be in ur sponsor's account, den move it to ur acct.
Now is not everything u will deposit into ur spnosr acct in a day. U will spread it for like a perod of 2 weeks,and u will pay it in another names. Moreova a question need to be ask, what is ur sponsor into? Business or working? If it is working, what is salary scale?
Thanks! He is into business...
This whole sponsor thing tire me
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
annyjessy:

Thanks! He is into business...
This whole sponsor thing tire me

babe, prepare to get a corporate bank statement/balance sheet/statement of income/cac certificate/official certificates showing dividends e.t.c. of the company.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
aril:

I appreciate your comment and I will heed to your advice. But I am still in doubt if that (Ola) won't create unnecessary problem for me when am tendering my statement of account at the embassy soon.

Thank you for your comment again.. I am still waiting to read from other bosses here before I decide by tomorrow.

Well i would advice that there should be consistency in the names.....To them, both names are entirely different.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
you fit write dem and ask for extension nah.. sadly i have a roommate at the moment so i wont be able to do that.. but wait, why not look for a guy in kuopio? oulu to kuopio is another journey entirely.. i have a friend in kuopio. i can link u up and we can see what happens from there..

let me know what you think

adebasket97:

sirkezman, abeg can I get a place when I arrive by august ending? and then go for kuopas housing by october? or november
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
an affidavit would do. my sister had different names on both waec and uni certificate. one with the prefix and the other without. we used an affidavit and had no problem

aril:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
I can see people mentioning GTbank and First bank. Can someone paste a list of banks accepted by the Finnish Embassy here cuz i cant find it on their website. I already have my Fidelity bank statement printed out.
Grazie a tutti !
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 12:24am On Jun 30, 2015
sirkezman:
an affidavit would do. my sister had different names on both waec and uni certificate. one with the prefix and the other without. we used an affidavit and had no problem

Thanks for your comment. This is what i intend in doing tomorrow morning with regards to the (Ola) in my last name. I will visit my GTbank branch tomorrow morning and i will be going along with my international passport, an affidvit, and my voter's card. I presume an affidaviit should sort this issue out plus i am going with my international passport.

I just hope everything works out on time so that i can i hasting to withdraw the money from my FirstBank to my GTB with my sponsors name.

Thanks for your advice. I will keep you updated about the outcome.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 12:24am On Jun 30, 2015
sirkezman:

Thanks for your comment. This is what i intend in doing tomorrow morning with regards to the (Ola) in my last name. I will visit my GTbank branch tomorrow morning and i will be going along with my international passport, an affidvit, and my voter's card. I presume an affidaviit should sort this issue out plus i am going with my international passport.

I just hope everything works out on time so tachat i can i hasting to withdraw the money from my FirstBank to my GTB with my sponsors name.

Thanks for your advice. I will keep you updated about the outcome.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olawale005(m): 2:46am On Jun 30, 2015
Hello pals is admission still in , and what are the process involve , how do I go about it , I am a graduate , and I will like to apply for masters or a post graduate cost
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olawale005(m): 2:46am On Jun 30, 2015
Hello pals is admission still in , and what are the process involve , how do I go about it , I am a graduate , and I will like to apply for masters or a post graduate course
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 4:47am On Jun 30, 2015
adebasket97:

babe, prepare to get a corporate bank statement/balance sheet/statement of income/cac certificate/official certificates showing dividends e.t.c. of the company.

I will do just that... Thank you. Are there specific banks that the embassy only accept? Would be nice if someone posts the list if there are.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 6:10am On Jun 30, 2015
sureb0y:
Omo, Hoas just offered an apartment. 233 euros per month, electricity, water and Internet incuded. 12.5m2 room in a 2 room apartment. Tenancy starts September 1 but I plan to be in helsinki by august 23rd by his grace cos of uni of helsinki's orientation ish! Omo, na serious gbege cos no cheap hotel for those 8 days. Again, the 260 euro deposit is nonrefundable. sad so sad. My visa interview na Tuesday by the way, I don dey sweat already lol. That's the update from my side. *drops mic*

Wait o e be like say person for here dey go uni of helsinki sef, please show your face... I beg u IJN. Make u squat ur guy for 8 days.

@sureb0y make use of this site and u will get cheaper hotels or better, hostels where u can pay as low as 5k but na dormitory style of leaving oh, do check it out anyways bookings.com.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 7:27am On Jun 30, 2015
adebasket97:
@oluseyi abeg how your housing, you don pay?

@adebasket I neva even start thinking of accommodation, I am very sure, there will still be accommodation wen we get there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2015
sirkezman:
you fit write dem and ask for extension nah.. sadly i have a roommate at the moment so i wont be able to do that.. but wait, why not look for a guy in kuopio? oulu to kuopio is another journey entirely.. i have a friend in kuopio. i can link u up and we can see what happens from there..

let me know what you think

this one sef no bad o. i'd prefer it. make I chillax then.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:35am On Jun 30, 2015
ooluseyipa:

@adebasket I neva even start thinking of accommodation, I am very sure, there will still be accommodation wen we get there.

alright bro.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:36am On Jun 30, 2015
annyjessy:

I will do just that... Thank you. Are there specific banks that the embassy only accept? Would be nice if someone posts the list if there are.
use GTbank or FirstBank

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.