Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (955708 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kinghenry1751(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2013
Hello,guys I really commend ur gud work,u pple are really doing a great job here keep it up..pls I really wanna know the schools in finland that are offering free education for masters programmes and the procedures involved.also need more info on the total amount it will cost me for everything cos I heard they r giving free ducation for masters programmes..thanx,waiting for ies
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Olucheye(m): 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 3:26am On Sep 18, 2013
please how is the entrance exam like?i need details on the material to study
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2013
kinghenry1751: Hello,guys I really commend ur gud work,u pple are really doing a great job here keep it up..pls I really wanna know the schools in finland that are offering free education for masters programmes and the procedures involved.also need more info on the total amount it will cost me for everything cos I heard they r giving free ducation for masters programmes..thanx,waiting for ies

Bros like i posted before, most masters program charge tuition fee for now till 2014(its a trial period) but after then its uncertain if the free tuition policy continues or not nobody knows yet........... follow this links http://www.studyinfinland.fi/instancedata/prime_product_julkaisu/cimo/embeds/studyinfinlandwwwstructure/19044_Possible_tuition_fees.pdf

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/instancedata/prime_product_julkaisu/cimo/embeds/studyinfinlandwwwstructure/21156_Tuition_fees_UAS_Master_Programmes.pdf

...when you say ''everything'' u mean cost including your start point from 9ja(pp-wise) or when ur total expense when u get there... pls be plain.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by CaptJHMiller: 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
Harmony222: i guess its too late for toefl registration because the online registration for spring 2014 ends september 13th
What's this one saying?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

What's this one saying?

If u dont understand let me break it up for u>>> [/b] i guess its too late for toefl registration[b] means its not advisable to register for toefl now because it takes up to 3months before you get your result..........
secondly [/b] online registration for spring 2014 ends september 13th[b] >>>>> i guess this is lucid enough, the online UAS spring registration ends on 13th of sept 2013.............. so in summary: my statement implies any toefl registration for bases of UAS spring app is worthless...... hope u get the gist now sad sad sad sad sad grin grin grin grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shalon: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hello Guys in the house,can you kindly advise any free tuition university in Finland offering masters degrees in any of these courses,pharmacology,biotechnology or Health science.thanks you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
shalon: Hello Guys in the house,can you kindly advise any free tuition university in Finland offering masters degrees in any of these courses,pharmacology,biotechnology or Health science.thanks you

There are quite a number of institutions still offering tuition free courses. Institutions like University of Helsinki, Aalto, Eastern Finland etc. I believe that you and only you can take the decision about which of these is best for you. Just as earlier stated, you should check out studyinfinland website and other relevant sites that can help you in your decision making process.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
Please where is DahonestBoss? We are missing you on here; have questions I want to ask you about my IELTS exam coming up soon. Looking forward 2 seeing you on here soon. thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Plzzzzzzzzzz lets try and keep this thread alive...

For those intending to apply by January next year, just try and put things in order in terms of TOEFL or IELTS scores, school transcript(if needed),various documents needed for admission application, documents for visa application(not too early to start oo) et al so you dont get caught up in the web of awe...
And for those who got admitted this year and are in your various location of study, please dont forget to post your experience here oooo, enlighten the optimistic minds as we await our turn...... God bless.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2013
Harmony222: Plzzzzzzzzzz lets try and keep this thread alive...

For those intending to apply by January next year, just try and put things in order in terms of TOEFL or IELTS scores, school transcript(if needed),various documents needed for admission application, documents for visa application(not too early to start oo) et al so you dont get caught up in the web of awe...
And for those who got admitted this year and are in your various location of study, please dont forget to post your experience here oooo, enlighten the optimistic minds as we await our turn...... God bless.

Yes boss...I got in. Special thanks to dahonnestboss and others who provided information on this thread. Kudos to u all.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mukhcech(m): 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
iceberg54:

Yes boss...I got in. Special thanks to dahonnestboss and others who provided information on this thread. Kudos to u all.
How was the Entrance Exam? Na im dey scare me pass.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
mukhcech:

applied for MSC.
didn't do entrance exam!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mukhcech(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
iceberg54:

applied for MSC.
didn't do entrance exam!

Thanks 4 ur attention.PLS HOW BOUT THE TOEFL exam. Which centre did u use? Pls forgive me for my too much question. Thanks and God bless u. This is my mail. Ahmad2mukhtar@gmail.com if u want to forward any info to me. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
mukhcech:

Thanks 4 ur attention.PLS HOW BOUT THE TOEFL exam. Which centre did u use? Pls forgive me for my too much question. Thanks and God bless u. This is my mail. Ahmad2mukhtar@gmail.com if u want to forward any info to me. Thanks.

I did it at ETC ikeja. Its at number 1, Oba Akran.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mukhcech(m): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2013
iceberg54:

I did it at ETC ikeja. Its at number 1, Oba Akran.

Thank you Brother. I hope to join you Soon.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mukhcech(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2013
Pls I want to Know if TOEFL certificate expires. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2013
mukhcech: Pls I want to Know if TOEFL certificate expires. Thanks

Yes, Toefl is valid for 2years.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
iceberg54:

Representa!! please would like you to include the steps you took when applying for the M.sc program...... did u do any language program before u started your course or its totally in english, also the question of overcoming ''vo-attack'' lol grin grin as i do read on canada and usa thread please include ur experience oo(make we no fear too much wen d time reach)..............this and many more we would like to know....... God bless u....God bless Finland!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
mukhcech:

Bros oooooo u dont need to be scared of the entrance exam cos from my own perspective i could tell its easy and difficult to fail...u just have to prepare tooth and tooth,and always prepare your essay before that day....also i would suggest u read this thread from the beginning over and over again and u will be fine.. if any other question stil let us know. wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sawhite: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 7:53am On Oct 05, 2013
Harmony222:

Representa!! please would like you to include the steps you took when applying for the M.sc program...... did u do any language program before u started your course or its totally in english, also the question of overcoming ''vo-attack'' lol grin grin as i do read on canada and usa thread please include ur experience oo(make we no fear too much wen d time reach)..............this and many more we would like to know....... God bless u....God bless Finland!

Bros, no fear o. Their visa interview is pretty straightforward. Just be consistent. That shouldn't bother you now. Scale the first hurdle and secure admission first. Just bear in mind that you will need 6720 euros to be in your account for the entire visa application period (which could be up to 3 months sometimes). So even if you are going to borrow it, be prepared to leave it there for that period. Because they will confirm from your bank and will also ask you to send another statement approximately one month after applying. So they will see the trend of activities on the account. Other complexities will be discussed when the time comes. For now, secure admission.

FOR MASTERS:
-Identify the school(s) you wanna apply to, their admission requirements, deadline, TOEFL/IELTS cut-off etc. and if they will be accepting applications directly or through UAF.

-Write TOEFL/IELTS: If you have not done so already, you should be preparing to that now. Try to beat the cut-off of the schools. If not, you application might not even be processed at all.

-Then prepare all your documents, transcripts, Motivation letter etc. Write a good motivation letter. They attach a lot of importance to it.

-When application period opens, apply online, then send other documents by post.

-In Finnish schools, there are International Masters Programs. These programs are entirely taught in English. Other masters programs may be taught in finnish. But most are taught in english. When you check the course description on their site, they will always include Language of instruction. So make sure you apply for the ones taught in English.

-That's all. Pray if you believe in prayers. Cos masters admission is pretty competitive. They don't pick too many people. Some departments pick as low as 10 sometimes (throughout the world o). So you are advised to apply to up to 3 schools to improve your chances.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2013
sawhite: please guyz it will be greatly appreciated if any one kan shed more light on my q from me.i want to apply as soon as the online application begin but i want to knoe, when kan i take the toefl this year and can i use my neco to apply and also statement of result cuz certificate kannot bi possible untill afta 4yrs

BSC or MSC?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sawhite: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sawhite: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2013
sawhite: bsc

Sorry, I don't know much about BSC. But i think statement should be acceptable.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2013
sawhite: and what is motivation letter o abeg enlighting me oo and how kan we go about it

Its like statement of purpose. Your interests, strengths, career plans, why u chose the school, why you think you should be selected and other stuffs sha.
Type 'Sample Motivation Letter' in google. you will see hundreds of samples.

I dont think it is required for BSC.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
sawhite: and what is motivation letter o abeg enlighting me oo and how kan we go about it

motivation letter to my knowledge is only for M.Sc applicants
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Harmony222(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
iceberg54:

Bros, no fear o. Their visa interview is pretty straightforward. Just be consistent. That shouldn't bother you now. Scale the first hurdle and secure admission first. Just bear in mind that you will need 6720 euros to be in your account for the entire visa application period (which could be up to 3 months sometimes). So even if you are going to borrow it, be prepared to leave it there for that period. Because they will confirm from your bank and will also ask you to send another statement approximately one month after applying. So they will see the trend of activities on the account. Other complexities will be discussed when the time comes. For now, secure admission.

FOR MASTERS:
-Identify the school(s) you wanna apply to, their admission requirements, deadline, TOEFL/IELTS cut-off etc. and if they will be accepting applications directly or through UAF.

-Write TOEFL/IELTS: If you have not done so already, you should be preparing to that now. Try to beat the cut-off of the schools. If not, you application might not even be processed at all.

-Then prepare all your documents, transcripts, Motivation letter etc. Write a good motivation letter. They attach a lot of importance to it.

-When application period opens, apply online, then send other documents by post.

-In Finnish schools, there are International Masters Programs. These programs are entirely taught in English. Other masters programs may be taught in finnish. But most are taught in english. When you check the course description on their site, they will always include Language of instruction. So make sure you apply for the ones taught in English.

-That's all. Pray if you believe in prayers. Cos masters admission is pretty competitive. They don't pick too many people. Some departments pick as low as 10 sometimes (throughout the world o). So you are advised to apply to up to 3 schools to improve your chances.

Cheers!

thanks.....logged in.. grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by breezy3s: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ iceberg. Sorry can u give me sme insight into d cpga requirement to get admission. I ave a cpga of 2.83 in physics. Do u tink I ave a chance , considering d competition. Tnks a lot bra.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 08, 2013
@Iceberg54, thanks so much for ur contribution on here wch is much needed as the next admission session wld soon be open. My question is this, wat do you think about Aalto University and University of Helsinki, re they a little easy to get into cos I intend 2 apply into both: Network n Services @UH and Telecommunication Engr @Aalto. Secondly how soon do you think I should write my IELTS exam, looking at either 21st Nov or 7thDec 2 give me enough time 2 prepare, hope it isn't 2 late. Thanks so much bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by breezy3s: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Those Aalto guys re sayin they want a very good bachelor degree from a reputable university. Wat I dnt get is How good they mean. Nd if dey consider nigerian federal schools as reputable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.