Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954619 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2016
Also note that the date your Health insurance starts will be exactly the same date your RP will start... so it is advisable to let your health insurance start towards the date you plan to leave Nigeria. Try and start the RP process on time... Best of luck

SCHOOLDROPOUT:

You're welcome babe! I think the legalization thing is applicable to Finnish citizens abroad as we're not required to legalize any of our documents, at least for study route(I stand to be corrected though.)

Secondly, it's Standard Chartered Bank and not Stanbic ibtc. You should however, be able to use any branch across Naija.

Lastly, I suggest that you let the validity of your health insurance begin close to the commencement of your studies.

Dalun!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
anniekoko:

I also applied for this course. I have heard nothing from them either.
Me self never hear o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by smurfymorello: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Please is anybody applying this year if so please I am applying too ....I'll like us to do it together still searching for schools tho...wanna do an undergraduate course . I have completed BSc in economics.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
smurfymorello:
Please is anybody applying this year if so please I am applying too ....I'll like us to do it together still searching for schools tho...wanna do an undergraduate course . I have completed BSc in economics.

Gate don close!

If you have around 10,000 euros to pay for tuition, my guy go either US or Canada.... If na d free education issh b the catch.. next stop should b Norway, but things cost for there o...

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
akinsbola452000:
Also note that the date your Health insurance starts will be exactly the same date your RP will start... so it is advisable to let your health insurance start towards the date you plan to leave Nigeria. Try and start the RP process on time... Best of luck

Boss! Thanks for pointing that out. I should book an appointment by next week. Thanks baba

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
olabode89:

Gate don close!

If you have around 10,000 euros to pay for tuition, my guy go either US or Canada.... If na d free education issh b the catch.. next stop should b Norway, but things cost for there o...

Or Germany sehf. Na just €8,040 be the block account shii and na still free(win-win) . Why I go come pack am on top tuition for Suomi when Dutch dey boom pass sehf grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chinok97: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fellow nairalanders, first time of contributing here, i have tried searching for information technology in finland, which i saw with winter resumption date, but almost all the schools i saw via study portals are all saying weird deadlines like February nd January and skul is to resume winter?.. Abeg say make i go on or make i just go try Germany jeje
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Or Germany sehf. Na just €8,040 be the block account shii and na still free(win-win) . Why I go come pack am on top tuition for Suomi when Dutch dey boom pass sehf grin

No time to dey learn new language jare. .... US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand na d way forward o if you can pay the tuition.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:49am On Apr 16, 2016
olabode89:

No time to dey learn new language jare. .... US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand na d way forward o if you can pay the tuition.

Na so o.
Boss, so you dey port after masters be that?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:52am On Apr 16, 2016
chinok97:
Fellow nairalanders, first time of contributing here, i have tried searching for information technology in finland, which i saw with winter resumption date, but almost all the schools i saw via study portals are all saying weird deadlines like February nd January and skul is to resume winter?.. Abeg say make i go on or make i just go try Germany jeje
Bros, Port go Germany because Finland go begin charge tuition after this round and e don pass. IMHO, it's not worth spilling such amount on as you can still get free tuition elsewhere in Europe. Better yet, you could try Yankee, Aussie or Maple land.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mezzy11: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Good Morning house,

Please at what point is one suppose to have the Euro 6,720 in his account. Before the online application, after the application or before scheduling for an interview appointment.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by smurfymorello: 9:34am On Apr 16, 2016
They are some schools I saw that are tuition free and their application dates are 30th of thus month and some next month ....what can you tell me about those ones
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by smurfymorello: 11:09am On Apr 16, 2016
Please I want to know if it's possible to apply for a master's then when I get there switch to an undergrad program
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by joyful12: 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
andry21:
All of students are free tuition approved!!

I still haven't recovered from the nigtmare, I'm still hurting in every possible ways. If I could turn back the hands of time, I wont take away being a part of your joy! I'ld only wish away ever speaking to either of you. This horrid events has taken away the core of so much from me..., however, whether right or wrong, God has put reminder in our midst- of what we each have done either rightly or wrongly. For that single reason am I able to move away from being bitter, to forgiveness, even if I am wrong too. I BLESS and PRAY for yours.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2016
hello big bosses, am here again with questions bothering me about my RP application process.

Pls my sponsor who is my father has a three storey building for rent and two commercial cars so pls how I can show these as his source of income. thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2016
And again, I have to report to the school on at least 5 August, so pls how do I schedule the RP process such as the appointment with the embassy n the others
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2016
ceiling:
hello big bosses, am here again with questions bothering me about my RP application process.

Pls my sponsor who is my father has a three storey building for rent and two commercial cars so pls how I can show these as his source of income. thanks.

Bros include the following

1. The land/building documents (C of O and all)
2. Rent agreement with tenants (if him nor get do Oluwole)
3. Receipt of rent payment by tenants. Note you should be able to trace it to his bank account
3. Particulars/documents relating to ownership of the commercial cars.
4. A letter of explanation of he gets income from the commercial car and how it can be traced to his account... you can do an analysis of how much is remmited to him daily or weekly.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
@Olabode and other bosses in the house. Pls I would like to know if the embassy will convert the €6,720 to naira based on the parallel market rate or CBN rate considering the fact that parallel market is presently #361/€ while CBN official rating is #225/€. I'm asking so I'll know how much I need to source for and deposit in my account before applying for RP. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Bros, just make sure you have N1.5m and above in your account...lobatan.
I had exactly 1.5m when I printed my account statement last year and submitted my application to the embassy and to the glory of God, everything was successful...#OyaDab
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by smurfymorello: 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
Please I want to know if it's possible to apply for a master's then when I get there switch to an undergrad program
shayhune:
@Olabode and other bosses in the house. Pls I would like to know if the embassy will convert the €6,720 to naira based on the parallel market rate or CBN rate considering the fact that parallel market is presently #361/€ while CBN official rating is #225/€. I'm asking so I'll know how much I need to source for and deposit in my account before applying for RP. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
The embassy will convert base on official rate. you can also specify your exchange rate as part of your explanation for the source of funds. Be clear and give no room for ambiguity in your source of funds!

smurfymorello:
Please I want to know if it's possible to apply for a master's then when I get there switch to an undergrad programPlease I want to know if it's possible to apply for a master's then when I get there switch to an undergrad program
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 4:38am On Apr 18, 2016
smurfymorello:

It's possible if you have the money for tuition fees because the next application involve fee
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Just finished another interview with uef. Normal questions!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
nice one bro
have you been admitted before? I received a mail from UEf on Sunday.they said that I scored 2.5/5.0 in my application with details with the option to appeal before Friday 21st April. I am preparing my claims. I am emotionally down honestly, waiting for lut after the interview.
good luck
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
frankie2K:

nice one bro
have you been admitted before? I received a mail from UEf on Sunday.they said that I scored 2.5/5.0 in my application with details with the option to appeal before Friday 21st April. I am preparing my claims. I am emotionally down honestly, waiting for lut after the interview.
good luck

Thanks baba. Yes, I had already been admitted into Jyväskylä prior to the interview. just stay hopeful bro. Lut go pure!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Has anyone heard from this schools as regards interview abo akademi, lut, and uef, I never hear jack from this peeps. I just hope they accept my Transcript.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SansmaOlamide(f): 9:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Has anyone heard from University of Turku yet?? I was admitted last session buh I deferred. Am waiting for them to release dis session admission list before I start my RP application.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2016
Acceptance mail just landed from Oulu. All glory to God. 3 down, 1 to go.

#OluwaIsFullyInvolved.

Dear new student,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that your application for admission to the University of Oulu/Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment (GS3D) has been accepted. You will receive the official Letter of Admission by April 29, 2016 with a full information package on how to start applying for Residence Permit and housing, which are the most important matters to begin with. This e-mail is sent to you so that you know that you have gained your goal and that we are doing the official paper work for you.

Please stay patient and wait for the official Letter of Admission and further instructions to arrive by e-mail.

Meanwhile, please familiarise yourself with the housing situation in Oulu and read the Immigration Services guidelines so that you will be ready to start with the processes once you receive the official Letter of Admission via e-mail from Student Services. Make sure you are ready to book housing and start the residence permit application the moment you receive the official Letter of Admission!

Warm congratulations and welcome to Oulu!

—Marianne Kinnula

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by smurfymorello: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2016
shayhune:

#OluwaIsFullyInvolved.

Dear new student,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that your application for admission to the University of Oulu/Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment (GS3D) has been accepted. You will receive the official Letter of Admission by April 29, 2016 with a full information package on how to start applying for Residence Permit and housing, which are the most important matters to begin with. This e-mail is sent to you so that you know that you have gained your goal and that we are doing the official paper work for you.

Please stay patient and wait for the official Letter of Admission and further instructions to arrive by e-mail.

Meanwhile, please familiarise yourself with the housing situation in Oulu and read the Immigration Services guidelines so that you will be ready to start with the processes once you receive the official Letter of Admission via e-mail from Student Services. Make sure you are ready to book housing and start the residence permit application the moment you receive the official Letter of Admission!

—Marianne Kinnula
Is that for masters?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
congratulations bros... we are coming too
shayhune:

#OluwaIsFullyInvolved.

Dear new student,

—Marianne Kinnula
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
SansmaOlamide:
Has anyone heard from University of Turku yet?? I was admitted last session buh I deferred. Am waiting for them to release dis session admission list before I start my RP application.

You don't need to wait. If your request to defer the application was accepted, start your RP application ASAP!

You might also want to send an email to the depart/admission office/whoever you were in correspondence with concerning your last year admision deferment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.