Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950039 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hseref: 5:58am On Apr 14, 2016
jkels:
Please need to clarify and confirm if its all departments that conduct interview? Anyone heard from Oulu concerning admissions?
You have check for your specific international master's program.
I am not guarantee but it's program dependence, I guess. (everybody correct me, if I was wrong)
http://www.oulu.fi/degree/master_programmes
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 7:00am On Apr 14, 2016
anniekoko:
Got this yesterdy, soo relieved!
Dear applicant,

We are pleased to announce that you have been accepted to the Master’s Degree Programme in Cultural Studies.

We will be sending you information on studies, housing, arrival etc. together with the letter of acceptance by the end of April. In a meantime you can have a look at information in our website:
http://www.uta.fi/admissions/newstudents.html

Curriculum of the programme is here. The teaching schedule will be published in the beginning of May.

We would like to ask you now to please let us know as soon as possible if you intend to participate in the programme.

Thank you for your interest in our programme, and congratulations!

Best regards,

Anna Vähämäki
Coordinator of International Education
Congrats bro. Good to know you are coming to UTA. I actually took a course in your department last period and it was nice. Please start your RP parole on time. As my oga @Olabode don talk, one year health insurance is cool. Please make sure you do a valid health insurance, go to their office yourself to avoid any issue. Please feel free to ask any questions on the RP parole. My bosses here will help out.

Who else dey come Tampere? One more thing abeg you go help us bring agbo Jedi Jedi come ooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2016
jkels:
Please need to clarify and confirm if its all departments that conduct interview? Anyone heard from Oulu concerning admissions?
When i asked the same question from the school this was their response:

Dear Hakeem Bello, In answer to your questions:
1. Yes, your applications have been forwarded to Oulu Business School.
2. The programs to which you applied, Finance and International Business Management, do not conduct interviews.
I apologize for the slow response. Your message was forwarded to a admissions officer who was on holiday. Best of luck with your applications! Best regards, Admissions officer ---------------------------------------------- Oulun yliopiston Service-Desk https://helpdesk.oulu.fi ----------------------------------------------
So its program specific

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by holythug(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2016
jkels:

not all courses require interviews, what course did u apply for?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 10:51am On Apr 14, 2016
GeneXY:
Congrats bro. Good to know you are coming to UTA. I actually took a course in your department last period and it was nice. Please start your RP parole on time. As my oga @Olabode don talk, one year health insurance is cool. Please make sure you do a valid health insurance, go to their office yourself to avoid any issue. Please feel free to ask any questions on the RP parole. My bosses here will help out.

Who else dey come Tampere? One more thing abeg you go help us bring agbo Jedi Jedi come ooooooooo.
Thnks Genexy, hv strted the process. Still waiting for the letter. Whts with the huzzle for Agbo jedi jedi? Is everything purging peeps there? Lol cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 11:00am On Apr 14, 2016
GeneXY:

Thnks Genexy, hv strted the process. Still waiting for the letter. Whts with the huzzle for Agbo jedi jedi? Is everything purging peeps there? Lol cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2016
GeneXY:

Thnks bro. Still waiting for the qcceptnce letter to come. Whtsup with the huzzle for Agbo jedi jedi? Is everything there purging ni? Lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
anniekoko:

Thnks bro. Still waiting for the qcceptnce letter to come. Whtsup with the huzzle for Agbo jedi jedi? Is everything there purging ni? Lol

You can apply with the email confirmation from the university including the scanned copy of the admission letter (as the school to send it to you if you don't have it). As i dey type like this my original wey dem said via post never reach my house for naija.

Lol... Agbo jedi is needed o..

P.S..... u b guy or babe, this wan wey u nor understand say man no suppose dey get jedi-jedi for body... Annie-koko... (Anita grin tongue)

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
olabode89:

You can apply with the email confirmation from the university including the scanned copy of the admission letter (as the school to send it to you if you don't have it). As i dey type like this my original wey dem said via post never reach my house for naija.

P.S..... u b guy or babe, this wan wey u nor understand say man no suppose dey get jedi-jedi for body... Annie-koko... (Anita grin tongue)

lol, thanks. i be babe o. nor mind me. So you mean i can ask the school to scan the admission letter and send to me even tho they said they were going to send it to me by the end of this month via email? should i wait till month end or ask them to send now? make e nor come be like say my blood dey hot. lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
hakeembee:
When i asked the same question from the school this was their response:

Dear Hakeem Bello, In answer to your questions:
1. Yes, your applications have been forwarded to Oulu Business School.
2. The programs to which you applied, Finance and International Business Management, do not conduct interviews.
I apologize for the slow response. Your message was forwarded to a admissions officer who was on holiday. Best of luck with your applications! Best regards, Admissions officer ---------------------------------------------- Oulun yliopiston Service-Desk https://helpdesk.oulu.fi ----------------------------------------------
So its program specific
I also applied for this course. I have heard nothing from them either.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
anniekoko:

lol, thanks. i be babe o. nor mind me. So you mean i can ask the school to scan the admission letter and send to me even tho they said they were going to send it to me by the end of this month via email? should i wait till month end or ask them to send now? make e nor come be like say my blood dey hot. lol

Alright! Chill till month end make them send am by email. I thought you meant they will be sending by post.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Welcome to UTA, we are waiting to give you a welcome party.... But come with enough money to sustain you for at least a year ooooo. Best of luck in your RP process!

anniekoko:
Got this yesterdy, soo relieved!

Dear applicant,

We are pleased to announce that you have been accepted to the Master’s Degree Programme in Cultural Studies.

We will be sending you information on studies, housing, arrival etc. together with the letter of acceptance by the end of April. In a meantime you can have a look at information in our website:
http://www.uta.fi/admissions/newstudents.html

Curriculum of the programme is here. The teaching schedule will be published in the beginning of May.

We would like to ask you now to please let us know as soon as possible if you intend to participate in the programme.

Thank you for your interest in our programme, and congratulations!

Best regards,

Anna Vähämäki
Coordinator of International Education
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
akinsbola452000:
Welcome to UTA, we are waiting to give you a welcome party.... But come with enough money to sustain you for at least a year ooooo. Best of luck in your RP process!

Thnks bro. Yayyyyy! Enof nAijA peeps o. Feeling positive. God will do it smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Anniekokz, long time o. Hope prep don dey top gear.
Meanwhile, important sites to note and visit:

www.finlandnigeria.org/public/default.aspx?nodeid=48016&contentlan=2&culture=en-US

www.migri.fi

To book appointment, na the email be this :
visa.aba@formin.fi

NB: you can't book via telephone call.

RP for online route is for #67,000(€300)
For paper route : #74,000(€330)

You'll have to pay to standard Chartered Bank .
Banking details of the embassy of Finland in Abuja
Account holder's name: Embassy of Finland in Abuja
Bank name: Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Limited
Account numbers:
1) NGN Account Number: 0001449729 for payments in Naira in full.
2) EUR Account Number: 0001449736 for payments in Euro in full.
SWIFT-code: SCBLNGLA

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
holythug:

not all courses require interviews, what course did u apply for?
Environmental Engineering and you?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mezzy11: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hello house,
please can those enrolling for they programme describe what a "Valid travel document (must be presented when submitting the residence permit application)" means.

It was specified as one of the clarification attached that is need while applying for a RP

Does it mean flight ticket?

cc... Oladebo,, etc

God bless us all!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mezzy11:
Hello house,
please can those enrolling for they programme describe what a "Valid travel document (must be presented when submitting the residence permit application)" means.

It was specified as one of the clarification attached that is need while applying for a RP

cc... Oladebo,, etc

God bless us all!

Valid travelling document should be your international passport if I'm not mistaken. Let the bosses clarify.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mezzy11: 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thank you sir SchoolDropOut,

Please what also those Clarification of income mean? Is it just the statement of the applicant's account? Because I can't see where evidence of such fund in the applicant's account is requested; like statement of sponsors account or his/her source(s) of income.

Does it mean that the applicant's statement of account is all that is solely needed to be attached with the application please.

~~
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
A scanned copy of your admission letter will be sent to you via email. You can use that to schedule an appointment at the embassy. The original copy will be sent to you via post.

As you be babe, you go bring enough egusi for boys o.
anniekoko:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

cheesy cheesy grin Bros, naso we see am o. Na nine admissions I dey hope say Suomi go give me. Na to go dey sell for Oshodi cheesy
But you sabi say 100 admissions with zero RP na like 100Gb data on top sim wey dey inside Nokia 3310. Useless Decoration! angry

We still dey hope sha make we for be like you cool

Yes boss, R.P. na the main thing.

All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
Dude04:
@iceberg54 boss I hail or abeg U fit hook me up with peeps for aalto can't seem to get any of dia contacts

Boss, all of them just dey on low key. I go find them and get back to you.

Cheers bro!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Mezzy11:
Thank you sir SchoolDropOut,

Please what also those Clarification of income mean? Is it just the statement of the applicant's account? Because I can't see where evidence of such fund in the applicant's account is requested; like statement of sponsors account or his/her source(s) of income.

Does it mean that the applicant's statement of account is all that is solely needed to be attached with the application please.

~~

Bros, find below:

A) Documentation indicating sufficient funds for your living expenses in Finland.
1. Statement of account issued by your bank indicating all transactions to and from your bank account starting from the last 6 months until this date. Please note that the bank statement must indicate the account owner's name.
2. Please clarify with official documentation (e.g. bank statements indicating the transactions, pay slips, receipts indicating the cash deposits etc.) the origin of the origin of your funds.
3. If your funds are from employment, please deliver
a) your pay slips from the last 6 months
b) your employment contract
c) other documentation of income or financial assets
4. If someone has deposited funds to your account, please deliver a bank statement from the sponsor's bank account indicating all transactions from the last 6 months until the latest possible date. The bank statement must also indicate the transfers made to your account.
5. If someone is sponsoring your studies in Finland, please clarify where/from whom your sponsor received the funds for the deposit made to your account. Please provide following official documentation indicating the origin of the funds deposited on your sponsor's account:
-If your sponsor's funds are from employment, please deliver
a) sponsor's pay slips from the last 6 months
b) sponsor's employment contract
c) other documentation of income or financial assets
-If your sponsor's funds are from rental income, please deliver official documentation of the build-ing/flat/land area ownership. Also please deliver the rental agreement indicating the date of the agreement, the agreeing parties and the monthly rent.
-If your funds are from land trade, please deliver official documentation of the land trade, eg. offi-cial bill of sale indicating the date of the sale as well as the selling price.
-If your sponsor's funds are returned loans, please clarify with documentation if possible when and to whom your sponsor(s) gave loans and what were the amounts of the loans.
-If your sponsor is involved in a business enterprise, you are requested to deliver
a) a corporate bank statement
b) the latest balance sheet
c) a statement of profit and loss of the company
d) extract from the trade register
e) an official certificate indicating:
- the salary
- the dividend
- other payments your sponsor has received from the company in the last 6 months
B) Certificate of a comprehensive health insurance:
Your studies in Finland last two years or more and you must therefore have a private health insurance which covers the costs of medicines (in practice the cover extends to doctor’s fees and costs of treatment and examination) up to a minimum of 30 000 euros. Since your studies in Finland last for more than one year, your health insurance must be valid for a minimum of one year from the date at a time without restrictions. For example a travel insurance with a validity of 90 days is not sufficient. Please deliver the terms of your insurance policy indicating that your insurance is valid for the entire year.
Please send the information to the Finnish Immigration Service within two weeks from the date of this letter. You can send the documents by e-mail directly to josefina.sipinen(a)migri.fi. If you send the information by e-mail, please remember that you do so at your own risk. The connection is not secure. You can also send the documents by mail to Maahanmuuttovirasto, PL 18, 00581 Helsinki. Please add this reference number to your reply 10507/110/2015. The matter may be decided by the Finnish Immigration Service whether the applicant complies with the stipulated time or not. You should note, however, that lack of any information requested may be to your disadvantage.
Visit our website at www.migri.fi for further information. Also check out the FAQ section!
Notice to all students: Remember, that if you are granted a residence permit, it will take approximately 2-3 weeks for the residence permit card to arrive at the embassy. Also remember, that without a valid and comprehensive health insurance, you are responsible for medical expenses in Finland yourself. Make sure you are covered by a health insurance at all times while in Finland. Do not terminate your insurance at any point! If your studies in Finland last two years or more, make sure to visit your local registry office (=maistraatti) after arriving in Finland and apply for a home municipality.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Bandeco(m): 6:59am On Apr 15, 2016
Mezzy11:
Hello house,

cc... Oladebo,, etc

God bless us all!
Hahahaha... Guy man confuse. E Don dey too familiar with passport. Come forget other name for passport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2016
Bandeco:

Hahahaha... Guy man confuse. E Don dey too familiar with passport. Come forget other name for passport

Hahahahaha cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by holythug(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2016
jkels:

Environmental Engineering and you?
.....Education and globalisation
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2016
holythug:
.....Education and globalisation
Any idea when they will start informing us about the outcome of the admission process?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2016
olabode89:

@Bodemanzy i jst dey observe frm one corner cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2016
anniekoko:

thanks bro. Please explain that legalization part. How do we know if we have to legalize our docs? secondly, does it have to be in that particular stanbic branch? also, what date do you suggest the validity of the health insurance should begin?

You're welcome babe! I think the legalization thing is applicable to Finnish citizens abroad as we're not required to legalize any of our documents, at least for study route(I stand to be corrected though.)

Secondly, it's Standard Chartered Bank and not Stanbic ibtc. You should however, be able to use any branch across Naija.

Lastly, I suggest that you let the validity of your health insurance begin close to the commencement of your studies.

Dalun!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.