Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950898 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kemo1980: 2:41am On Oct 21, 2016
Iblad0994:

If someone ask me bro my answer will be a NO.. But sometimes we need to ask question to satisfy our troubling mind .. This thing is giving me a lot of headache.
I think I will need to scrap this Finland of a thing and face my life squarely in Nigeria or try to apply for a master's in USA university after my NYSC

Then you shouldnt be here in the first place knowing fully well that you can face your life squarely in Nigeria. Maybe after service you can proceed to do Msc in FUTA even P.hd and stop flooding here with irrelevant questions and discouraging answers to feeble minds that come here

6 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by drpipespromzy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
iceberg54:
I foresaw the recent spate of denials by migri when guys started writing them about the current naira situation. I was very surprised why some people thought this was necessary, they should have been left alone to their job. Migri won't deny you out-rightly based on incomplete funds, they will first write to inform you, so there was no need to panic.

They have a fixed value used for every application period and even if currency fluctuates, they know its not the fault of the applicant and they would normally not take drastic measures such as this.

But when they started getting numerous emails, of course they will act, which explains why they even had to revisit already decided cases. And its funny that a lot of people that sent those emails didn't even have sufficient funds in their account, then why call their attention to it.

The exchange rate last year was at least 300 (can't remember exactly), yet they didn't increase minimum requirement nor gave guys any wahala.

A similar thing happened years back. A couple of years ago, you could pick up a statement of account from under bridge ikeja and use it to apply and get permit. But some years ago, some guys here decided to do 'I too know' and went on a protest that Finnish employers were not giving them jobs to support themselves while studying. The Finnish authorities were stunned and thought "But you guys showed over 6k euros in your account naw, so why do we need to give you jobs to survive?". So they had to investigate and then discovered our "wuruwuru" way of arranging the bank statement thingy. That was when they started checking account with banks.

Anyways, I sincerely hope those with pending applications get a positive outcome especially considering that this is the last chance for tuition free education.

Wish everyone the best.

And lastly, people who are in a "better country" already should just forget about migri and move on. Life comes with ups and downs and thank God for the alternative provided. I know people who were denied twice and still applied the third year, did the right thing, and got in.

Cheers guys!

Hello guys,

In 2015 I applied for residence permit, my sponsor gave the amount of 7000 euros in cash to me which i also deposited into my local account for onward[color=#006600][/color] transfer to my account in Finland thus Osusspankki. During my interview at the embassy, i presented three months statement of sponsor and was ask to present six months in the additional documents. I went in to collect the statement and at that moment the bank had made a change of name from NBM Bank to Pan African Bank. I thought so far as its the same name and account number on it, it is ok due to this i was denied reason been it is a forged document.

I did not withdraw the money from OP Bank because I thought of applying again, this time I went to the sponsor bank which they attached a letter and copies of publishes in the dailies of the change of name , all these while my 7000 euros was in Finland. I applied again in 2016 , which the 7000 euros has been in Finland almost a year now. They again denied me with same reason as 2015.

Now I am confused, should I change the sponsor and let him transfer the money from his account through a wire transfer to Finland bank or what should i do ? please advice me because I still wanna apply for the last time . getting the 7000 is not a difficult thing but how to go about it this time
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
is there anyone in kokkola that i share apartment with pending when tankkari replies me ? please its urgent
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2016
Please Is there anybody living in Kokkola I need to ask about something Asap.. Thanks in advance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2016
Is anyone still expecting their RP, I sent my supplementary document over a month ago and they haven't answered me yet.
Me I don't understand why its taking this long.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by henrooik: 11:31am On Oct 26, 2016
fab11:
Is anyone still expecting their RP, I sent my supplementary document over a month ago and they haven't answered me yet.
Me I don't understand why its taking this long.

I am waiting for my RP too
I reapplied and was interviewed on the 26 September and it changed to in progress on the 27 September, since then till now no decision. Although I sent my sponsor's remaining bank statements on the 10th and 15th of October as stated by my sponsor in his sponsorship letter. I thought the decision will come faster as there is no much queue now.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by striker9(m): 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
drpipespromzy:

Hello guys,

In 2015 I applied for residence permit, my sponsor gave the amount of 7000 euros in cash to me which i also deposited into my local account for onward[color=#006600][/color] transfer to my account in Finland thus Osusspankki. During my interview at the embassy, i presented three months statement of sponsor and was ask to present six months in the additional documents. I went in to collect the statement and at that moment the bank had made a change of name from NBM Bank to Pan African Bank. I thought so far as its the same name and account number on it, it is ok due to this i was denied reason been it is a forged document.

I did not withdraw the money from OP Bank because I thought of applying again, this time I went to the sponsor bank which they attached a letter and copies of publishes in the dailies of the change of name , all these while my 7000 euros was in Finland. I applied again in 2016 , which the 7000 euros has been in Finland almost a year now. They again denied me with same reason as 2015.

Now I am confused, should I change the sponsor and let him transfer the money from his account through a wire transfer to Finland bank or what should i do ? please advice me because I still wanna apply for the last time . getting the 7000 is not a difficult thing but how to go about it this time
Collect your money and change sponsor, since that's the main reason you kept being denied.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hmmmmm. Good evening house I just Wana bless God for making this day a possibility for me as I was denied on my first trial but I reapplied and was granted without asking for any supplementary documents. Bless be God both now and forever, my deepest gratitude goes to my friends here turn fam @schooldropout,@emmyflex,@snazzy,@anniekoko,@olabode,@cosky, @mohrolake for being Der for moi during the hard times, God bless you all abundantly and also those people that contributed in one way or the other God bless you and if I forget to mention ur name please pardon my excesses. To all those waiting for their decision success wishes to you all and also to those who have been denied there is still ample time to give it a trial and u should never give up, cherrs I love you all. GRACIAS!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by henrooik: 9:54am On Oct 27, 2016
NELLYWEEZY:
Hmmmmm. Good evening house I just Wana bless God for making this day a possibility for me as I was denied on my first trial but I reapplied and was granted without asking for any supplementary documents. Bless be God both now and forever, my deepest gratitude goes to my friends here turn fam @schooldropout,@emmyflex,@snazzy,@anniekoko,@olabode,@cosky, @mohrolake for being Der for moi during the hard times, God bless you all abundantly and also those people that contributed in one way or the other God bless you and if I forget to mention ur name please pardon my excesses. To all those waiting for their decision success wishes to you all and also to those who have been denied there is still ample time to give it a trial and u should never give up, cherrs I love you all. GRACIAS!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!
I exalt The name of God Almighty who have done it for you and he will do it for us too.
Congratulations once again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 11:47am On Oct 27, 2016
NELLYWEEZY:
Congratulations
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
jkels:

Congratulations
Thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
henrooik:

Congratulations!!!
I exalt The name of God Almighty who have done it for you and he will do it for us too.
Congratulations once again.
Thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
Congratulations Bro.. How long did it take after the interview?
NELLYWEEZY:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
antosco:
Congratulations Bro.. How long did it take after the interview?
21 days
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by safer23(m): 12:42am On Oct 29, 2016
Good evening Everybody,

I really appreciate all the contributions I've gotten on here as I have learnt on or two things from various views.

However, am in a dilemma and i will like to get your opinion and help proffer a solution, PLEASE!

I possess an HND in Estate Management and Valuation, and i will like to further my education in Europe (Except UK and Cyprus). However, I will not like to start from the B.sc level all over again (age issues, am still less than 30 though), I don't mind joining a B.sc programme in the 3rd year though or a Pre-masters programme.

PLEASE, I beg you all to HELP ME!

Kindly suggest, a course withing this my line or any management programme in an affordable country (Tuition basically)...

Thank you so much!! your contributions are highly appreciated!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
i greet all the men 4 here.

the universities get some funding from the government based on the number of student they graduate and the government is reducing this funding because of economic reasons, like a professor of mine said there are no free monies available to throw around grin. when people don't don't complete the degree or abandon them it is a problem for this schools. A classmate of mine we only saw him at the orientation, they are only enrolling because of the discount they get being a student and probably want to hustle. if you can convince this schools beyond reasonable doubt in your motivation letter that you are willing to complete the degree and showing them how completing the degree within two years is your priority. there are high chances of getting the scholarship. Apply to many schools as possible to increase chances.

if you are married and the main purpose of coming to Finland is to be rich or you are a single personn you be kpako and they proud "you know fit do jacky job". this na my opinion just stay back for naija with your family shocked.

Masters here can be quiet frustrating combining it with a part time job where you probably work 6 hrs and get paid for 2 hours because you spend the remaining 4 hours on transportation. but you need the job to survive.

Exam and classes go side by side

i day rep #turku This kold+Konji na bad thing o.

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by pholuu: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
hello evryone...I'd like to apply to the university of tampere,vasaa and turku respectively. I have a copy of my transcript, can I make photocopies and notarize it then send to individual schools along with other enclosed documents? I need your answers ASAP. thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 1:32am On Oct 31, 2016
[/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by pholuu: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2016
jeffoe:
i greet all the men 4 here.

the universities get some funding from the government based on the number of student they graduate and the government is reducing this funding because of economic reasons, like a professor of mine said there are no free monies available to throw around grin. when people don't don't complete the degree or abandon them it is a problem for this schools. A classmate of mine we only saw him at the orientation, they are only enrolling because of the discount they get being a student and probably want to hustle. if you can convince this schools beyond reasonable doubt in your motivation letter that you are willing to complete the degree and showing them how completing the degree within two years is your priority. there are high chances of getting the scholarship. Apply to many schools as possible to increase chances.

if you are married and the main purpose of coming to Finland is to be rich or you are a single personn you be kpako and they proud "you know fit do jacky job". this na my opinion just stay back for naija with your family shocked.

Masters here can be quiet frustrating combining it with a part time job where you probably work 6 hrs and get paid for 2 hours because you spend the remaining 4 hours on transportation. but you need the job to survive.

Exam and classes go side by side

i day rep #turku This kold+Konji na bad thing o.

hi..pls was your transcript addressed to Turku or UAF?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wacomzy: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Any open application for bachelor's degree??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Bhydemi: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2016
Hello House

please what are the students visa requirements.

Will a statement of account surface or one has to move money to a blocked account like it is in germany
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by henrooik: 5:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Who else is waiting for RP?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
pholuu:

hi..pls was your transcript addressed to Turku or UAF?
uaf, be very careful with photocopies those uaf peeps sabi change things o grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dynekest: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Hello all, i got admitted to university of easternfinland but my resident permit was denied last year, can i still use the scholarship admission to apply next year or by January without paying School Fees?

Secondly, i am sponsoring myself and i will be providing my companies documents

9. If you are, or your sponsor is, involved in a business enterprise, you are requested to deliver (unless you have already provide these):
• a corporate bank statement
• the latest balance sheet
• a statement of profit and loss of the compan

if i have 2.5 million transfered from my company's account to my account leaving 1million in the companys account, is this enough to convince them? Note the company's accoun receive funds weekly. at least 500k-1million per week inflow/outflow of money.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
Did you defer the admission?

dynekest:
Hello all, i got admitted to university of easternfinland but my resident permit was denied last year, can i still use the scholarship admission to apply next year or by January without paying School Fees?

Secondly, i am sponsoring myself and i will be providing my companies documents

9. If you are, or your sponsor is, involved in a business enterprise, you are requested to deliver (unless you have already provide these):
• a corporate bank statement
• the latest balance sheet
• a statement of profit and loss of the compan

if i have 2.5 million transfered from my company's account to my account leaving 1million in the companys account, is this enough to convince them? Note the company's accoun receive funds weekly. at least 500k-1million per week inflow/outflow of money.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dynekest: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Did you defer the admission?

No. Supervisor Said
If fail to register, you need to re-apply for the right to register for re-activation your study right later. You can find more information here : SENT ME A LINK
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ladykilllar: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello guys i am new here i want to ask if there are schools in Finland that accept 3rd class graduates to further, thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Marcopolo65: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello..Another application about to start,who are those applying??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Marcopolo65: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
Let this group wake up..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Marcopolo65: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
ladykilllar:
Hello guys i am new here i want to ask if there are schools in Finland that accept 3rd class graduates to further, thanks

No i don't think so
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by our9ja: 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Since they charge tuition fee now, won't see a lot of people ....but you can check the Estonia thread
Marcopolo65:
Hello..Another application about to start,who are those applying??

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.