Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (956261 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Saintsquare(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2017
Dguy05:

ok dats good... Meanwhile do u have other options too dat could fit his travelling plan
I don't understand, be more specific...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tolam08(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2017
frankie2K:

Ok. Tell him to start now time no dey. Rp na like 97,000 and Aiico insurance na like 31,000 plus courier fee to abuja. Remember main sponsor is from scholarship
please I don't understand. which one is Rp?
Can he process his insurance form Nigeria or when he gets there? And please how do we go about the resident permit.?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dguy05: 12:17pm On May 04, 2017
Saintsquare:
I don't understand, be more specific...

do u know any other country... dat could fit his budget...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Saintsquare(m): 12:23pm On May 04, 2017
Dguy05:

do u know any other country... dat could fit his budget...
Outside Schengen country Turkey would fit his budget,but inside The Baltic countries will do,and Estonia will be his best bet cos other Baltic countries will ask for first year full tuition fee.Moreover, he would still travel to India or Egypt for visa.He can also check out Scandinavian and west EU countries.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 5:25pm On May 04, 2017
tolam08:

please I don't understand. which one is Rp?
Can he process his insurance form Nigeria or when he gets there? And please how do we go about the resident permit.?
RP is residence permit. Yeah of course. AIICO insurance and mutual benefit. AIICO cost 31,000. Just walk in their office with your passport and d cash
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tolam08(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2017
frankie2K:

RP is residence permit. Yeah of course. AIICO insurance and mutual benefit. AIICO cost 31,000. Just walk in their office with your passport and d cash
Thanks for the information so far.
Please can he do the resident permit and insurance in Tanzania?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jojothegreat(m): 2:50am On May 06, 2017
Please guys does Finland universities still offer scharahips to non EU international students to study undergraduate programs?
If yes,please I need directions how how to go about it...
Anybody please,thanks in advance.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 3:28pm On May 06, 2017
Congrats to those offered admission, i'll advise those without stipends in their scholarship to have atleast 2.3 mil deposited into their account by their sponsor. Please note make sure your sponsor is working and earning above 250k monthly to b on the safer side. T[b][/b]rust me I dont want anyone to experience what I did last year. Got denied twice coz of silly mistakes, dont apply if ur cash isn't complete abeg. And for those borrowing cash do not return d cash till u gt to finland. Minimum amount in ur account after ur RP card is secured should b 2.2 mil. Rp application has to do with patience, it takes up to 2months frm d day u apply till d day u receive ur RP card. Best of luck all
Anyone heading to AALTO university plz hollla via mail rukeoredia@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 6:52pm On May 08, 2017
Dude04:
Congrats to those offered admission, i'll advise those without stipends in their scholarship to have atleast 2.3 mil deposited into their account by their sponsor. Please note make sure your sponsor is working and earning above 250k monthly to b on the safer side. T[b][/b]rust me I dont want anyone to experience what I did last year. Got denied twice coz of silly mistakes, dont apply if ur cash isn't complete abeg. And for those borrowing cash do not return d cash till u gt to finland. Minimum amount in ur account after ur RP card is secured should b 2.2 mil. Rp application has to do with patience, it takes up to 2months frm d day u apply till d day u receive ur RP card. Best of luck all
Anyone heading to AALTO university plz hollla via mail rukeoredia@gmail.com
Longest time buddy. Are u in Aalto Findland now?. Last year was hell mehn. Lots of denials. This year will be much better I believe. Mine was declined cos I remove some of my funds and I redeposited when asked for supplement but I didnt reapply again. Anybody heading to the embassy? Drop ur paroles, advice etc for others to learn

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Kingbukaz: 9:03pm On May 13, 2017
Please, am new here, how do I start? IS it still free tuition?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by donsmall94(m): 11:56pm On May 16, 2017
Please I will like to know if Finland still runs tuition free or any reasonable scholarship scheme dey currently run, anybody please help a brother.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 12:10am On May 17, 2017
For those of us who got admitted and luckly with scholarship or stipends and have proceeded to the embassy please share experience so that newbies will learn instead of asking already treated issues. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by donsmall94(m): 12:14am On May 17, 2017
frankie2K:
For those of us who got admitted and luckly with scholarship or stipends and have proceeded to the embassy please share experience so that newbies will learn instead of asking already treated issues. Thanks

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by larrygal(f): 8:25pm On May 17, 2017
frankie2K:
am abt asking you, when is your appointment with dem
is like dey will be strict dis year cos the tune of deir email is somehow. they capitalized on no rescheduling of appointment due to too many applicant and limited time
BTW how much is 6720 euro in Naira, cos my scholarship is 6200 euro per session, each session comprises of 10months..so am thinking of dropping the remaining 520 euro in my account in order to avoid story

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:06am On May 18, 2017
larrygal:

is like dey will be strict dis year cos the tune of deir email is somehow. they capitalized on no rescheduling of appointment due to too many applicant and limited time
BTW how much is 6720 euro in Naira, cos my scholarship is 6200 euro per session, each session comprises of 10months..so am thinking of dropping the remaining 520 euro in my account in order to avoid story
Do u have a sponsor in Nigeria. I feel u should back up ur stipends with a sponsor and d cash in ur account (just a feeling tho), these ppl could b funny. Just pray over it and feel free to ask.Please for those yt to send documents if u r or ur sponsor is depositing any huge cash in his account please there should b documents to back it up. my ppl anything wen nor dy clear feel free to ask. Kiitos
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2017
larrygal:

Dont panic. The appointment email has been like that. Your stipend from UEF should cover it and I see no reason why u should include sponsor dox. Their maybe transactions that will not be clear in his dox that may raise a red flag. Migri on many occasions have granted RP to people with less money to 6720. So 6000 euros u said is ok

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by larrygal(f): 10:01pm On May 19, 2017
frankie2K:

Dont panic. The appointment email has been like that. Your stipend from UEF should cover it and I see no reason why u should include sponsor dox. Their maybe transactions that will not be clear in his dox that may raise a red flag. Migri on many occasions have granted RP to people with less money to 6720. So 6000 euros u said is ok
yea i dont think i will use any sponsor again//at least the stipend is 620 per month while migri standard is 560.
i spoke with my course cordinator, she said she hav sent our info to finnish immigration office(finland) that i should let her know if i have any problem concerning the rp
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 12:01pm On May 20, 2017
in my opinion, i feel it would be safer for you to provide the balance from the €6200 u are getting for 10 months, migri asks for a year worth of funds which amounts to €6720. All you need do is show you have €520 for the two months UEF wont be paying you for. better to be safe than sorry.

larrygal:

yea i dont think i will use any sponsor again//at least the stipend is 620 per month while migri standard is 560.
i spoke with my course cordinator, she said she hav sent our info to finnish immigration office(finland) that i should let her know if i have any problem concerning the rp
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by larrygal(f): 10:00pm On May 20, 2017
temmy2008:
in my opinion, i feel it would be safer for you to provide the balance from the €6200 u are getting for 10 months, migri asks for a year worth of funds which amounts to €6720. All you need do is show you have €520 for the two months UEF wont be paying you for. better to be safe than sorry.

yea, i know... i just want to be careful cos am yet to get a sponsor, my problem is d sponsor ish cos i dont want something dat will bring complications.actually the 620 will be paid for 11 month out of 12 month...10 month makes a session then a month holiday which d stipend will not be paid.after the one month hols is the next session...620*11 is more dan 6750...as someone said earlier that those people can be funny thou..i will keep on trying if i can get a sponsor cos i will have to send my doc to them next week

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IHATESCHOOL(m): 8:23am On May 21, 2017
larrygal:

yea, i know... i just want to be careful cos am yet to get a sponsor, my problem is d sponsor ish cos i dont want something dat will bring complications.actually the 620 will be paid for 11 month out of 12 month...10 month makes a session then a month holiday which d stipend will not be paid.after the one month hols is the next session...620*11 is more dan 6750...as someone said earlier that those people can be funny thou..i will keep on trying if i can get a sponsor cos i will have to send my doc to them next week

Hello everyone. Actually, this is my first comment, not only on this thread, but on Nairaland, ever. Congrats to Larrygal and every other successful applicant. We tap into una blessings o.. Larrygal, I also have to send my docs next week. May I know the date your interview has been scheduled for? Plus abeg, who else dey go Uni Turku? Finland pack 8 admissions and 6 full scholarships give me but na Turku offer I gbadun pass.. I await a swift response.. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by larrygal(f): 12:45pm On May 21, 2017
IHATESCHOOL:

Hello everyone. Actually, this is my first comment, not only on this thread, but on Nairaland, ever. Congrats to Larrygal and every other successful applicant. We tap into una blessings o.. Larrygal, I also have to send my docs next week. May I know the date your interview has been scheduled for? Plus abeg, who else dey go Uni Turku? Finland pack 8 admissions and 6 full scholarships give me but na Turku offer I gbadun pass.. I await a swift response.. Thanks guys
8 admissions? after u na you.
june 12 by God grace
tell me how you are dealing with d sponsor and acct statement stuff
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IHATESCHOOL(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2017
larrygal:

june 12 by God grace

Oh great. That's a day before mine. But I go don land for Abuja few days before then. Hopefully, we go jam grin. As regards my sponsor, please specify what you'ld like to know, make I fit no write epistle.. Lol..

Regards
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IHATESCHOOL(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2017
larrygal:

june 12 by God grace

Oh great. That's a day before mine. But I go don land for Abuja few days before then. Hopefully, we go jam grin. As regards my sponsor, please specify what you'ld like to know, make I for no write epistle.. Lol..

Regards
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by larrygal(f): 2:00pm On May 21, 2017
IHATESCHOOL:

Oh great. That's a day before mine. But I go don land for Abuja few days before then. Hopefully, we go jam grin. As regards my sponsor, please specify what you'ld like to know, make I for no write epistle.. Lol..

Regards
how much stipend r u given, are u gonna have a sponsor with the stipends given , how much did you plan to drop in ur account blah blah and so on ....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 3:17pm On May 21, 2017
larrygal:

You don't have an issue dear. You already have a scholarship of €6200. Just top your account up with >=€520 and you're good to go. Also, the processing time for someone like you with scholarship doesn't take too long. Get all your necessary docs ready and go get your RP.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IHATESCHOOL(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2017
larrygal:

how much stipend r u given, are u gonna have a sponsor with the stipends given , how much did you plan to drop in ur account blah blah and so on ....

Funny thing is I actually don't know how much stipend I'ld get yet, but I have been rest assured by the uni that mobility grant awaits me. I am not bothered cuz my sponsor already sent 2.6 (and necessary docs) to me and I even still have some cash in the acc. My acc dey run normal. So, I no even wan disclose to migri sey I get any grant (I see no reason to). Na double degree programme wey 5 out of 25 newly admitted students for the program qualify for, and I dey one of them. So, 5 of us will study in Uni Turku, Finland and Uni Regensburg, Germany, concurrently (NOT Exchange Programme!), and then get 2 different certs from both unis. So, that's why we are getting the mobility grant to mobilize btw the 2 unis, when necessary. At the end, I should have had 3 Master's degrees, as I'm currently rounding off one in UI. Make God make am work.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IHATESCHOOL(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2017
shayhune:

You don't have an issue dear. You already have a scholarship of €6200. Just top your account up with >=€520 and you're good to go. Also, the processing time for someone like you with scholarship doesn't take too long. Get all your necessary docs ready and go get your RP.

Couldn't agree more, tbh. I believe she doesn't even necessarily need a sponsor who earns much salary sef, since the cash she needs is not that much. IMO, she only needs to put this little cash together and convincingly prove the source(s). I read about a guy on here who didn't even show any docs from sponsor but his explanation was logical and coherent. Different people (family members who bear the same surname with him) transferred the cash to his account in bits, so it doesn't become much burden to any of them. In fact, his decision was really fast, I think 2 days (not sure specifically). The thing is these people just want you to convince them. You don't need any big docs from your sponsor to prove 500+ Euro that u need.. It's my take and I stand to be corrected.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by larrygal(f): 5:22pm On May 21, 2017
oh thanks to everyone...
as said earlier those pple can be funny, so i will try my best in searching for one. aldou abt 200k is available though but linking it with a sponsor that meet all criteria is just the problem.
probably may be i will extend d doc submission till next week. if dat wont be a prob again
God will guide us all through
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IHATESCHOOL(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2017
larrygal:
oh thanks to everyone...
as said earlier those pple can be funny, so i will try my best in searching for one. aldou abt 200k is available though but linking it with a sponsor that meet all criteria is just the problem.
probably may be i will extend d doc submission till next week. if dat wont be a prob again

Amin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 10:31pm On May 21, 2017
larrygal:
oh thanks to everyone...

You don't have to stress yourself looking for a sponsor. From all you have said, if you indeed have N200-300k go and deposit it in your account stating it as your personal savings on the application form. No one would ask you where you got just 300k from! Best wishes!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 31, 2017
IHATESCHOOL:

good day. please tell me how you applied for the scholarship.. any website ? and so on..thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.