Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,462 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (959171 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by headhoncho(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2015
same here oo..not yet ooo.. still hoping
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nobody wan answer my question on Jyvaskyla hussle....and not too many people applied..How come.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
anthochie:
Nobody wan answer my question on Jyvaskyla hussle....and not too many people applied..How come.....

Bro, no vex,peeps on naireland do not apply dere. Maybe becos of d courses that is dere. Well popular schools for Africa is oulu and uef as u can see. But if I will advice u,i will ask u to choose base on what u want. It is a personal decision. See @ adebasket,dey gave him admission @ U of H,but he reject it and went for UEF. It is choice bro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
@ adebasket, billbordy,olabode and co,pls how many days will it take admission document to reach lagos?

And how do u send ur letter of acceptance back to the school?

Ans guys
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
olabode89:

Ooh cool..... so I can start the application online now and submit the application on a later date?

My Bank account need more cash before o can submit the application.... I intend to submit the application and visit the Finnish embassy by 3rd week of May.
Yes you can. Just create your account and fill-in the form and when you get to the satge where you need to upload document, you save to return later when you must have obtained your complete documents. Probably we are going there same time time.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
Congrats to those offered admission and better luck next time to the rest. As you prepare your RP application, make sure all your documents are valid and if there is any problem with your waec result, recfity it before applying. a friend was denied last year because of age issues. Also if you are using a sponsor, make sure the sponsor has enough funds, and if he or she is not your parent, make sure there is a genuine believable reason for the sponsorship. Lastly, your RP comes with a starting and ending date, so when applying, put the earliest date you want to enter finland. In my own case, i put sept 1st, so even tho my RP came out in the third week of August, I couldnt leave till 2nd september. This is the lil i can remember for now. i'll add some others if/when i remember

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
ooluseyipa:
@ adebasket, billbordy,olabode and co,pls how many days will it take admission document to reach lagos?

Ans guys

am using nipost registered mail to send my acceptance back o. and if by 2nd week of June, the thing no land, I will use dhl straight. forr the admission doc, you mean the admission letter? I think it will take 2-3weeks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
@sirkezman, thanks for been here bro, make you dy update us o. dm no get choice sha, dm go gv all of us ni as dm don dash all of us admission, I pray ppl wy still dy expect go get theirs soon. dm go dash us the RP as well.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
adebasket97:

am using nipost registered mail to send my acceptance back o. and if by 2nd week of June, the thing no land, I will use dhl straight. forr the admission doc, you mean the admission letter? I think it will take 2-3weeks.

Bros.... you get mind o.... Y u nor just use DHL or other courier services send am at once make mind for rest.

I know say person need cut cost but anything wey go cause uncertainty, I like to take care of it with the best possible option.

Ehen.... Are u really picking UEF ahead of U of Helsinki OR u prefer the course u chose to study at UEF....? I won't turn down the opportunity to study at either of U of H or Aalto. The course I want to study/will be studying was only available at Aalto, TUT, LUT and Vaasa..
I applied to Aalto, TUT and LUT (sent all through DHL... my pocket red ehn)... Aalto nor gimme admission so I picked the next best option which is TUT (and dem give me admission)....

To cut all this my story short ehn..... I won't advise anybody to pass up admission to study at U of H or Aalto... they are the only top 100 rated university in Finland. I know that Helsinki and Espoo are more expensive than other places in Finland but they also provide more per time job opportunities.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
adebasket97:

Okay,thank you for the info. Am using DHL, so that my mind can clear off,once and for all. Than I will now start processing my application.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
sirkezman:
Congrats to those offered admission and better luck next time to the rest. As you prepare your RP application, make sure all your documents are valid and if there is any problem with your waec result, recfity it before applying. a friend was denied last year because of age issues. Also if you are using a sponsor, make sure the sponsor has enough funds, and if he or she is not your parent, make sure there is a genuine believable reason for the sponsorship. Lastly, your RP comes with a starting and ending date, so when applying, put the earliest date you want to enter finland. In my own case, i put sept 1st, so even tho my RP came out in the third week of August, I couldnt leave till 2nd september. This is the lil i can remember for now. i'll add some others if/when i remember

@sirkezman longest time,misplaced my fone though and I lost ur contact,u can add me bck. Which one is better,is it d paper based application or online application? If it is online how will d application payment be done?

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
This 25hrs/week approved work hours be as e get sha.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
@olu my man, no be saay I no wan go u of h o. the course I was given ehn, programming yapa for the curriculum. I no fit kill myself this time around. Secondly, I prefer low key areas coupled with the fact that I like that uef course. uef for me bro. thanks my man
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
This 25hrs/week approved work hours be as e get sha.

Welcome onboard bro, leave that 25hrs weekly o. get there first.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
adebasket97:

Welcome onboard bro, leave that 25hrs weekly o. get there first.
Thank boss.

From the little research I've done on this thread, I gathered that getting a job in Finland isn't that easy. Except for menial jobs. Plus the poor social life over there which when I conveyed to the person(younger bro) I'm helping with info & application process, lost interest in Finland. It's for an undergraduate degree though.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
adebasket97:
@olu my man, no be saay I no wan go u of h o. the course I was given ehn, programming yapa for the curriculum. I no fit kill myself this time around. Secondly, I prefer low key areas coupled with the fact that I like that uef course. uef for me bro. thanks my man

Correct.... now I understand ur choice...... I Hate programming die.....lols......... UEF is a cool school.... No mind me i have a knack for more prestigious schools......... All the best....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
adebasket97:

Yeah, it shld be becos of the course. My own is eazy,i was given admission whr I really want to go. But I ve a question.
Which one is okay between the paper application and online application for RP?
If it is online,how will d payment for d application fee be done?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bateej: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
i sent a msg but no reply pls help i need to get intouch with anyone who is currently in Finland am planning on coming for my masters in Public health in university of Tampere or Eastern Finland.Though I have only heard from Tampere for an interview which I did.
I am a family man and planning to come with my wife and kid. I need to know how easy to settle with family, getting jobs, my wife starting a business there too..I dont mind exchanging of emails or watapp..
We also have to choose btwn Tampere and Kupio in Eastern finland

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
bateej:
i sent a msg but no reply pls help i need to get intouch with anyone who is currently in Finland am planning on coming for my masters in Public health in university of Tampere or Eastern Finland.Though I have only heard from Tampere for an interview which I did.
I am a family man and planning to come with my wife and kid. I need to know how easy to settle with family, getting jobs, my wife starting a business there too..I dont mind exchanging of emails or watapp..
We also have to choose btwn Tampere and Kupio in Eastern finland

From experience, you have to go first and then later send for your family to join you. Because you are expected to go and study then go back home but people stay there by continous education or proper work or because you give birth there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
Congrats to everyone who gained admission. We all invested a lot but unfortunately some of us weren't accepted. To those who weren't accepted, it's not the end of the world. We go try again in December. Just 7 months away. This is the time to prepare so as to be ready when the admission window's opened again. It takes careful planning and the special grace of God. To those who were accepted in 2 or more different institutions, wow... many congrats, God go guide u thru. My prayers remain with u all. After my 8.0 for IELTS, muscle wey I use construct motivation letter, money wey I waste for dhl to get transcript sent, application sent, etc. them no gimme admission, iyalaya yin o... Uni of Jyvaskyla and Abo Akademi. You're mad! I'll try again next year.......... NOT!

I was accepted... University of Helsinki. cheesy Been accepted since Monday, just didn't feel like posting it cos I never get the 6,780 euros so, I no really get ginger. Residence Permit next, that's another big deal. God go see us all thru.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bateej: 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ok what part of finland are you in? Is it possible we do the application together and they join me later.Can we exchange contacts to talk more pls

From experience, you have to go first and then later send for your family to join you. Because you are expected to go and study then go back home but people stay there by continous education or proper work or because you give birth there.[/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:35am On May 01, 2015
bateej:
Ok what part of finland are you in? Is it possible we do the application together and they join me later.Can we exchange contacts to talk more pls

From experience, you have to go first and then later send for your family to join you. Because you are expected to go and study then go back home but people stay there by continous education or proper work or because you give birth there.

I am not presently in finland but my elders ones are there with their family. I dont think you can apply together. Just go first and when you have settled down, send for them. But if other people know more on this platform they will tell you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bateej: 12:58am On May 01, 2015
Thanks Hakeembee, if I may ask did your brother go alone and how long did it take before his family joined him? Also do u think or know if whenever they join me life for them will be easy job and school for my daughter?

Anyone else in the house who can help wiyh more information please
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by riosworos(m): 12:59am On May 01, 2015
Is the admission process still available be for any of the universities?.... Would like to start processing my admission for my masters in engineering...anyone wif info plz help....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:28am On May 01, 2015
bateej:
Thanks Hakeembee, if I may ask did your brother go alone and how long did it take before his family joined him? Also do u think or know if whenever they join me life for them will be easy job and school for my daughter?

Anyone else in the house who can help wiyh more information please

Yes bro they went alone and their wives later joined them. The time they can join you differs, depending on how they want to join. But for third bro, it took him 6months. Others were more than that.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:07am On May 01, 2015
online is kinda faster and that is what i will advise you to do. and yes you will make payment into the account given to you by the embassy

ooluseyipa:

@sirkezman longest time,misplaced my fone though and I lost ur contact,u can add me bck. Which one is better,is it d paper based application or online application? If it is online how will d application payment be done?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:07am On May 01, 2015
Amen.. Thats the prayer. Helsinki awaits you all

adebasket97:
@sirkezman, thanks for been here bro, make you dy update us o. dm no get choice sha, dm go gv all of us ni as dm don dash all of us admission, I pray ppl wy still dy expect go get theirs soon. dm go dash us the RP as well.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2015
sirkezman:

please Sirkezman can i get your email so that i can get some clarifications from you. I got admitted to UEF to do my LLM but i dont know how to go about the insurance stuff. congrats to all potential Finlanders and Finnishers in the house. My email is don_daddy2000@ yahoo.com. Please for those going to UEF may be we can create a whatsapp group and share procedures and experience there on the processes so far.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 12:19pm On May 01, 2015
Goskian:

My brother, I saw the notification on NL, but I have not been able to access the mail I used for registering this account. I'll respond to it once I have access to it later in the day.
Yes, I got the mail from TUT 2 days ago. I should be getting my health insurance from Aiico (N30,800) by next month, since it's cheaper than Mutual (N31,500) grin wink. I have started my application online and only waiting to obtain my SOA. I shall be submitting the application by mid/late May.

Goskian abeg can one of you create a whatsapp group and add us so that discussions on this would move faster? i got admitted to study in UEF. please can you tell me the steps or how to go about this AIICO or mutual insurance? which of the available options do i chose? the Student Insurance Programme (SIP) UEF sent me is kind of costly>
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2015
iceberg54:

Boss, You are to obtain insurance before you apply. I guess you have the wrong info. Two insurance companies are recognized: AIICo and Mutual benefits. Its about 30k for AIICO. I can help with an AIICO guy's number if needed , or you could just go to any of their offices.

Cheers Sir!!

ICEBERG abeg give me the number of the AIICO guy. DO they have an office in Nigeria?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:10pm On May 01, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Ans guys
i tot d confirmation form is to be send bk 2 d admission office via email rite....d admission officer told me dat I shud send it bk 2 her via email if I am not mistaken or is it 2 b send via post mail(dhl)?

And I tink d official notification of admission sent to u by d admission officer can b use 2 process visa rite Cos am tinking of using dis to process my visa. I don't want 2 delay my sef by waiting
4 d hard copy of d admission letter.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:31pm On May 01, 2015
sirkezman:
online is kinda faster and that is what i will advise you to do. and yes you will make payment into the account given to you by the embassy

wa o, tanx boss.....did u mean after fillin d online application, we would pay 2 a nigerian bank here 4 d visa application fee? And will d account number b display on d on line application form? Abeg no vex say ma question 2 much boss...abi jjc 4 dis visa ish nii baba...lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.