Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,365 members, 7,868,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (966387 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2015
billydragon:
av not sent mine oo..av u sent yours?

Yes,i send d scanned copy to her. But she ve not yet acknowledged dt she have it.

On d accommodation, I will do dt over d weekend.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 11:47am On May 04, 2015
Pls can anyone in the house tell me how to go about these exams, (TOEFL, PTE ACADEMIC, IELTS) before applying for master degree programme in Finland universty. @ OOLUSEYIPA, BILLYDRAGON, ADABASKET, pls assist me with information, also @OLABODE 89, pls do not fight me yet, I still need your help. I am happy for all of you, and wishes to join the happy group by this time next year.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2015
Chibuking81:
Pls can anyone in the house tell me how to go about these exams (TOEFL, PTE ACADEMIC, IELTS) before applying for master degree programme in Finland.

Bros read from the first page... u will get more than enough information concerning test of English language.

If u need information concerning PTE Academic check my previous posts on this thread through my profile. I wrote PTE Academic and I dropped some useful info.

Residence permit issues and enquires na wetin boiz dey discuss at the moment.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 12:25pm On May 04, 2015
Chibuking81:
Pls can anyone in the house tell me how to go about these exams, (TOEFL, PTE ACADEMIC, IELTS) before applying for master degree programme in Finland universty. @ OOLUSEYIPA, BILLYDRAGON, ADABASKET, pls assist me with information, also @OLABODE 89, pls do not fight me yet, I still need your help. I am happy for all of you, and wishes to join the happy group by this time next year.

Hi...go to the British council in Lagos ...it's close to the muson center...I stand to be corrected...or just Google the address...ask them questions. I would advice u to do IELTS..it's easy..and there are loads of materials online...u could even purchase materials from the British council. Be advised ..Take the academic version of the test NOT the general...it cost between 38 to 40 k Naira...when filling Ur application for the test...include UAF as one of the bodies ull like to send Ur results to.. u can take the test between now and november..the result comes out approximately two weeks later and is valid for two years....cheers
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 1:53pm On May 04, 2015
billydragon:
guys, it seems we have to do the SIP insurance programme that uef mailed us oo. jus got this email frm d admission office......

You can use the electronic admission to start the visa procedure. I hope the scan will be sufficient. Anyhow, you will also receive a paper version of the admission by regular mail.

Please send the paper version of the confirmation form to the admissions (the address is mentioned on the Confirmation form). They would like to keep a track of the documents. The scanned copy can be sent only to me.

SIP is highly recommended for our international students and we would like you to purchase one.

"highly recommended" "we would like" : looks like a form of appeal. not compulsory
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:10pm On May 04, 2015
adebasket97:

"highly recommended" "we would like" : looks like a form of appeal. not compulsory

Like my coordinator said,it is not compulsory, we can use anyone dt will work in Europe and Finland. So I will stick to AIICO
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by pristine02: 2:17pm On May 04, 2015
Hi

I would love to know when the next admission window will commence...I wonder if i can start the process now and if you probably have a liaison Office In Nigeria
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 2:45pm On May 04, 2015
@ Olabode89 and Anthochie, thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2015
anthochie:

Hi...go to the British council in Lagos ...it's close to the muson center...I stand to be corrected...or just Google the address...ask them questions. I would advice u to do IELTS..it's easy..and there are loads of materials online...u could even purchase materials from the British council. Be advised ..Take the academic version of the test NOT the general...it cost between 38 to 40 k Naira...when filling Ur application for the test...include UAF as one of the bodies ull like to send Ur results to.. u can take the test between now and november..the result comes out approximately two weeks later and is valid for two years....cheers
thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 2:47pm On May 04, 2015
olabode89:

Bros read from the first page... u will get more than enough information concerning test of English language.

If u need information concerning PTE Academic check my previous posts on this thread through my profile. I wrote PTE Academic and I dropped some useful info.

Residence permit issues and enquires na wetin boiz dey discuss at the moment.
thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2015
If u are joining this group,pls try to read from d beginning to the end. Even if u can't start from d middle. All d information I repeat all the information, dt u may be looking re here. U don't need to ask any body any question again. I believe dis group is informative enough abt finland. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 5:31pm On May 04, 2015
adebasket97:

na 2 stick wit aiico jeje b dat ...tanx boss...d tin jus dey confuse me nii..lol...abeg, I drop 250k in ma acc 2day wit my name and anoda person name. I hope 2 repeat samtin on friday and next week wit 4 to 5days interval till d money complete..,note dat I already av 1m in dis acc already..Hp dis no b money lodgement o baba? Tho d money is mine frm my oda acc..

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 5:49pm On May 04, 2015
billydragon:
na 2 stick wit aiico jeje b dat ...tanx boss...d tin jus dey confuse me nii..lol...abeg, I drop 250k in ma acc 2day wit my name and anoda person name. I hope 2 repeat samtin on friday and next week till d money complete..,Hp dis no b money lodgement o baba? Tho d money is mine frm my oda acc..

If u have the time and energy...remove from the account pay it into Ur mum's..dad's...or brothers account..add even the new one u want to put ..ask them to withdraw it and pay into Ur account...do this consistently until your are ready....keep the deposit slips....in Ur sop...state that Ur family is aimed at financing Ur studies in Finland and will continue to do so till u return because they have a stake in Ur success.....include the deposit slips...as proof....just my one cent ohhh
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2015
billydragon:
na 2 stick wit aiico jeje b dat ...tanx boss...d tin jus dey confuse me nii..lol...abeg, I drop 250k in ma acc 2day wit my name and anoda person name. I hope 2 repeat samtin on friday and next week wit 4 to 5days interval till d money complete..,note dat I already av 1m in dis acc already..Hp dis no b money lodgement o baba? Tho d money is mine frm my oda acc..

Nope it is not. Since u re droping it gradually. That is what me too am abt to do. Jst waiting for my scholarship certificate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:03pm On May 04, 2015
Peeps... I have confirmed from the Finnish Embassy in Abuja that we can submit the scanned offer and a copy of the e-mail used in sending it.

See below;

ABA Visa <Visa.ABA@formin.fi>

3:16 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Dear Sir/Madam,

You can submit a print out of the admission letter sent to you by e-mail along with a print out of the said e-mail as well.
For additional information on the procedures of applying for a residence permit to Finland with the Embassy of Finland in Abuja, kindly refer to the Embassy website at: http://www.finlandnigeria.org/public/default.aspx?nodeid=48016&contentlan=2&culture=en-US

Best Regards,

Residence Permit Team

Embassy of Finland

Asokoro – Abuja – Nigeria
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:10pm On May 04, 2015
anthochie:

If u have the time and energy...remove from the account pay it into Ur mum's..dad's...or brothers account..add even the new one u want to put ..ask them to withdraw it and pay into Ur account...do this consistently until your are ready....keep the deposit slips....in Ur sop...state that Ur family is aimed at financing Ur studies in Finland and will continue to do so till u return because they have a stake in Ur success.....include the deposit slips...as proof....just my one cent ohhh
tanx 4 ur imput bro bt am sponsoring myself and I intend 2 use my employment letter and oda related doc for proof of funds..d oda person I use d name is my sister, I tink its still in line rite..bt wait o, are we goin 2 include sop in our application? Tot only canadian embassy request dat
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:22pm On May 04, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Nope it is not. Since u re droping it gradually. That is what me too am abt to do. Jst waiting for my scholarship certificate.
yes bro...I tink d method will b d best baba...bosses in da aos pls we need more contribution 2 knw if dis method is best use for us dat are employed and self sponser oo...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:30pm On May 04, 2015
billydragon:
tanx 4 ur imput bro bt am sponsoring myself and I intend 2 use my employment letter and oda related doc for proof of funds..d oda person I use d name is my sister, I tink its still in line rite..bt wait o, are we goin 2 include sop in our application? Tot only canadian embassy request dat

SOP khe abeg o, no dy make me remember this yeye canadian embassy o. na 2months I use compose sop last year, still dm no gv person....my passport still dy with dm sef, make dm sha gv me this week. baba kindly dy withdraw from the 1m, you fit put am back again in 2-3days or 1week. me sef just go withdraw 5hk today *na ontop asbestos e dy sha o* #lol, by Thursday I go deposit am again, though am using my brothers company as sponsor but even if I no get sponsor, dm must still gv me ni, cos of the inflow and outflow of cash.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 9:27pm On May 04, 2015
adebasket97:

SOP khe abeg o, no dy make me remember this yeye canadian embassy o. na 2months I use compose sop last year, still dm no gv person....my passport still dy with dm sef, make dm sha gv me this week. baba kindly dy withdraw from the 1m, you fit put am back again in 2-3days or 1week. me sef just go withdraw 5hk today *na ontop asbestos e dy sha o* #lol, by Thursday I go deposit am again, though am using my brothers company as sponsor but even if I no get sponsor, dm must still gv me ni, cos of the inflow and outflow of cash.

If u can not sufficiently prove where the money came from...na kerosine una wan take do wine.....when a white man says sufficiently prove....be careful...
Another thing the vo will look at is Ur capability to sponsor urself the following year.......remember u r not allowed to depend on work from the vo's point of.View
if Ur company will not provide u with a paid leave letter...please involve Ur family members in the way I described in my other post....

Also note...it is important to include an sop in Ur application..it is not neccessary..but significant....sometimes Ur document might not follow a chronological order and the Vo may overlook certain documents...Ur sop may simply detail the documents uv attached and it's purpose..for example ..U use two bank statements....the vo might simply take a look at one and simply conclude u do not have enuf funds.....Ur sop can make the vo aware that u r using two bank statements from different banks....dumb analogy...I know ..but consider it from a broader perspective
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2015
anthochie:

If u can not sufficiently prove where the money came from...na kerosine una wan take do wine.....when a white man says sufficiently prove....be careful...
Another thing the vo will look at is Ur capability to sponsor urself the following year.......remember u r not allowed to depend on work from the vo's point of.View
if Ur company will not provide u with a paid leave letter...please involve Ur family members in the way I described in my other post....

Also note...it is important to include an sop in Ur application..it is not neccessary..but significant....sometimes Ur document might not follow a chronological order and the Vo may overlook certain documents...Ur sop may simply detail the documents uv attached and it's purpose..for example ..U use two bank

statements....the vo might simply take a look at one and simply conclude u do not have enuf funds.....Ur sop can make the vo aware that u r using two bank statements from different banks....dumb analogy...I know ..but consider it from a broader perspective

I concur with what u re saying abt money. But sop,what is d meaning?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 9:44pm On May 04, 2015
ooluseyipa:

I concur with what u re saying abt money. But sop,what is d meaning?

Statement of purpose or better still for this case let's call it letter of explanation
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:51pm On May 04, 2015
@anthocie, I agree to what you're saying. But, I got 6 guys up there man and have literally interviewed them on how they went on about their RP. Also, some of our bosses here have shared their experiences as well. The SOP is a good idea, but this finnish peeps are not like their usa/canada counterparts, I believe. So if anyone wants to include it, you can.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 10:03pm On May 04, 2015
adebasket97:
@anthocie, I agree to what you're saying. But, I got 6 guys up there man and have literally interviewed them on how they went on about their RP. Also, some of our bosses here have shared their experiences as well. The SOP is a good idea, but this finnish peeps are not like their usa/canada counterparts, I believe. So if anyone wants to include it, you can.

Ur a right...remember I said important but not necessary....anyways..God go crown all our efforts....sop or no loe..once God says ull be given..nothing can go against it....it is well
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:15pm On May 04, 2015
anthochie:

Ur a right...remember I said important but not necessary....anyways..God go crown all our efforts....sop or no loe..once God says ull be given..nothing can go against it....it is well

yes man. make we all dy pray.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 12:37am On May 05, 2015
sirkezman:
Congrats to those offered admission and better luck next time to the rest. As you prepare your RP application, make sure all your documents are valid and if there is any problem with your waec result, recfity it before applying. a friend was denied last year because of age issues. Also if you are using a sponsor, make sure the sponsor has enough funds, and if he or she is not your parent, make sure there is a genuine believable reason for the sponsorship. Lastly, your RP comes with a starting and ending date, so when applying, put the earliest date you want to enter finland. In my own case, i put sept 1st, so even tho my RP came out in the third week of August, I couldnt leave till 2nd september. This is the lil i can remember for now. i'll add some others if/when i remember

Eehhm! BOSS! thank you so much for this, it's very informative. I think am more concern about that WAEC certificate thing, I may have issues with that, I have changed the way my name was spelt drastically from what it's on my WAEC certificate and I have even added a middle name to my name after I have written my WAEC, also there is an error of day and month of birth on my WAEC certificate. PLEASE HOW DO I RECTIFY THOSE? Bosses in the house please anyone can help...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 5:43am On May 05, 2015
Inufele1:

Eehhm! BOSS! thank you so much for this, it's very informative. I think am more concern about that WAEC certificate thing, I may have issues with that, I have changed the way my name was spelt drastically from what it's on my WAEC certificate and I have even added a middle name to my name after I have written my WAEC, also there is an error of day and month of birth on my WAEC certificate. PLEASE HOW DO I RECTIFY THOSE? Bosses in the house please anyone can help...
use an affidavit.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:25am On May 05, 2015
get an affidavit asap. and include the details in your SOP

Inufele1:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2015
dondaddycares:

Goskian abeg can one of you create a whatsapp group and add us so that discussions on this would move faster? i got admitted to study in UEF. please can you tell me the steps or how to go about this AIICO or mutual insurance? which of the available options do i chose? the Student Insurance Programme (SIP) UEF sent me is kind of costly>
Ok we will work on that. I prefer AIICO. Google AIICO contact us and call the office nearest to you, or visit any of their offices straight with N31,500 and the data page of your int'l passport.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 10:07am On May 05, 2015
@Olabode89, How far have received from LUT today?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 10:12am On May 05, 2015
Abeg guys....I just got a mail from tampere with my conditional letter of acceptance. in the letter I was asked to use it for my visa application that there was no need to wait for the unconditional letter as the Finnish embassy has been notified of the conditional offer.....any one with such a mail or similar circumstance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
anthochie:
Abeg guys....I just got a mail from tampere with my conditional letter of acceptance. in the letter I was asked to use it for my visa application that there was no need to wait for the unconditional letter as the Finnish embassy has been notified of the conditional offer.....any one with such a mail or similar circumstance

You can use the conditional letter of acceptance for your RP application but you will need to attach a copy of the email sent to you by the school.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 10:28am On May 05, 2015
olabode89:

You can use the conditional letter of acceptance for your RP application but you will need to attach a copy of the email sent to you by the school.

ohh..thanks...this is great news ohhh..I was thinking I'd have to wait till I got the unconditional letter.....

One last question....is it for any school in Finland or just tampere

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (371) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.