Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? (1204 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 2:27am On Oct 04, 2012
Anyone awake? lets discuss this
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 2:32am On Oct 04, 2012
Ahhh. . . Yes.

It's quite interesting. Obama is quite relaxed in his replies, but Romney seems to be more attacking

1 Like

Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 2:36am On Oct 04, 2012
Romney is even doing better than I thought he would. undecided
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 2:40am On Oct 04, 2012
Romney would hardly agree to quit talking when asked to, kinda always want to throw back the last punch. But I buy his idea that the economy is balanced when you tax small businesses less so people can keep jobs who end up paying taxes that create govt revenue as against aggressively taxing small businesses as a primary source of govt revenue, which end up killing the businesses.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 2:41am On Oct 04, 2012
nanidee: Romney is even doing better than I thought he would. undecided
Same here! You heard for the first time in American history, they were given the topics ahead of the debate.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nduchucks: 2:46am On Oct 04, 2012
They arte keeping me past my bedtime. I think Romney is winning so far, he seems much more prepared.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 2:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Biggoozz: Romney would hardly agree to quit talking when asked to, kinda always want to throw back the last punch. But I buy his idea that the economy is balanced when you tax small businesses less so people can keep jobs who end up paying taxes that create govt revenue as against aggressively taxing small businesses as a primary source of govt revenue, which end up killing the businesses.

I kinda saw reasons in his approach too.

ndu_chucks: They arte keeping me past my bedtime. I think Romney is winning so far, he seems much more prepared.

Same here sad , it's past my bedtime.

Meanwhile, Romney has received enough coaching sha. I was fearing for him before oo, now him own don too much, haba.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 2:50am On Oct 04, 2012
nanidee: Romney is even doing better than I thought he would. undecided

Yea, he is.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 2:52am On Oct 04, 2012
Romney may seem to be having upper hand because it doesn't work the way he sees because he's not in the oval office yet.

It is the person on the hot sit that knows how hot it is.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 2:53am On Oct 04, 2012
ndu_chucks: They arte keeping me past my bedtime. I think Romney is winning so far, he seems much more prepared.

Americans, the beneficiaries may kinda judge more, but Im really trying to weigh the intelligence of their individual political philosophy.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 2:54am On Oct 04, 2012
mbhs139: Romney may seem to be having upper hand because it doesn't work the way he sees because he's not in the oval office yet.

Abi oo. Apart from that, his mouth is just running up & down. Lol
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 2:56am On Oct 04, 2012
mbhs139: Romney may seem to be having upper hand because it doesn't work the way he sees because he's not in the oval office yet.

But remember that Romney is a serving governor, If he preach what he doesn't practice, we will catch him....as in, what you did not do as a governor, you cannot boast to do as a president you know.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 2:59am On Oct 04, 2012
It is so smart of Romney always citing real life experiences with Americans, kinda makes him connect with people, and Obama sounds a looser when he tells Americans "But if you want this idea of Romney, you may as well vote him the president", I dont think it is a confident way to debate.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 3:00am On Oct 04, 2012
By the way, how come women are always coming to meet Romney with their tax problems? He is using so many make-believe scenarios.

Mehn, this Romney guy sha.

In all this, I like Obama's calm and relaxed persona smiley
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by ektbear: 3:00am On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:02am On Oct 04, 2012
Biggoozz: But remember that Romney is a serving governor, If he preach what he doesn't practice, we will catch him....as in, what you did not do as a governor, you cannot boast to do as a president you know.

Yea, you are right.But you know this people have a way of singing a different tunes.

All the allegations that Romney put to Obama about his election campaigns, Obama has been avoiding them brilliantly. So, they will always have a way to change their promise, "haa, things can't work again the way we had envisaged"
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:03am On Oct 04, 2012
nanidee: By the way, how come women are always coming to meet Romney with their tax problems? He is using so many make-believe scenarios.

You seem to be obssessed with Obama. You just like am no matter what.

Well, me self like Fashola, no matter what. (Except fraud)
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 3:03am On Oct 04, 2012
Biggoozz: It is so smart of Romney always citing real life experiences with Americans, kinda makes him connect with people, and Obama sounds a looser when he tells Americans "But if you want this idea of Romney, you may as well vote him the president", I dont think it is a confident way to debate.

Funny enough, I think it shows that he knows what he's talking about. Another thing is that Romney goes on and on and on. That's a very effective way of shutting him up . To me, it kind of signifies more maturity and depicts that he is confident of what he is saying cool
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 04, 2012
nanidee: By the way, how come women are always coming to meet Romney with their tax problems? He is using so many make-believe scenarios.

Same here. This man easily and readily cuts Romney's point.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 3:06am On Oct 04, 2012
mbhs139:

You seem to be obssessed with Obama. You just like am no matter what.

Well, me self like Fashola, no matter what. (Except fraud)

Lol, you're right about that grin
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by ektbear: 3:09am On Oct 04, 2012
Romney is doing a good job in this debate.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:12am On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Romney is doing a good job in this debate.

Yea, he is. Seems Obama was not prepared. I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings changes against him
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 04, 2012
Romney's easy flowing Southern accent makes it so easy to follow him tho.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Kewt: 3:12am On Oct 04, 2012
nanidee:

Abi oo. Apart from that, his mouth is just running up & down. Lol

Obama's mouth ran same way 4 years ago. Now he knows better.

Overall, I think Obama is a bit calm and reserved and sometimes unsure of what next to say as against Romney.

Romney seems to be more on the attacking and aggressive side!
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:13am On Oct 04, 2012
I hope we will have such a debate come 2015, when issues affecting the citizens will be discussed.

Not the one that NTA will organise one for the sitting president in his bedroom
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 04, 2012
mbhs139: I hope we will have such a debate come 2015, when issues affecting the citizens will be discussed.

Not the one that NTA will organise one for the sitting president in his bedroom

rotflmao!! you ppl will not kill me tonight grin grin grin
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 3:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Now "Role of Government". Interesting Gov 101 time grin
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Kewt:

Overall, I think Obama is a bit calm and reserved and sometimes unsure of what next to say as against Romney.

At the boldened, that's the point.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Can someone briefly explain the ObamaCare?
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by ektbear: 3:15am On Oct 04, 2012
I don't feel like watching this any more...i'm getting high blood pressure cheesy
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:16am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

rotflmao!! you ppl will not kill me tonight grin grin grin

Abi now! No be so them do the last time. GEJ failed to show up at the debate organised by private tv but was debating against his self in the one organised by NTA.

They must come out and discuss issues as it affects us
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 3:17am On Oct 04, 2012
Kewt:

Very true!

(1) (2)

US Election 2012: George Bush Accidentally Voted For Obama / South Africa's President Zuma Accused Of Witchcraft By EFF / Updates on US Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.