Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? (1205 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 3:19am On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: I don't feel like watching this any more...i'm getting high blood pressure cheesy
Are you an American? lol.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:19am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Can someone briefly explain the ObamaCare?

In Brief:

http://www.conservapedia.com/ObamaCare:
ObamaCare, formally known as "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," will impose massive penalties on young workers, small businesses and others who choose not to buy expensive health insurance, beginning in 2014. ObamaCare is the biggest handout by liberals to a single interest group — the health insurance industry — in American history. Even a Democrat Senator recently admitted: ObamaCare "cost Obama a lot of credibility as a leader."[1] On June 28, 2012, the Supreme Court of the United States upheld the constitutionality of ObamaCare — by only one vote, 5-4 — as being within the taxing power of the federal government.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) pointed out that there are no redeeming provisions of Obama's health care plan.[2] AAPS observes that Obama's health care plan will significantly increase the overall cost of health care for a majority of United States citizens, plus reduce the quality of care that a free market system would otherwise provide.[3]

ObamaCare is opposed by many state governors, including Florida Governor Rick Scott. He declared after the Supreme Court ruling, "I will not implement this law. Florida will not implement Obamacare." Scott encouraged other states to reject ObamaCare in three ways:
opt out of the expensive Medicaid provision in ObamaCare, which would incur massive costs in extending free care to those over the poverty line
refuse to set up a health-insurance exchange - "If there were any value added by these exchanges, the private sector would be doing it already," Governor Scott observed
repeal ObamaCare in Congress, which requires electing a Republican majority in the U.S. Senate
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 04, 2012
^^^ That's a very biased viewpoint. I want a neutral one.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by ektbear: 3:22am On Oct 04, 2012
Think of all the preparation required for a debate like this. Cray
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Think of all the preparation required for a debate like this. Cray

I've been seeing this and Im wondering if it's a new trend?

I'm not as "hip" as I used to be. Is cray the same thing as crazy?

Wow, I don old o.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 3:24am On Oct 04, 2012
mbhs139: http://www.conservapedia.com/ObamaCare:
ObamaCare, formally known as "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," will impose massive penalties on young workers, small businesses and others who choose not to buy expensive health insurance, beginning in 2014. ObamaCare is the biggest handout by liberals to a single interest group — the health insurance industry — in American history. Even a Democrat Senator recently admitted: ObamaCare "cost Obama a lot of credibility as a leader."[1] On June 28, 2012, the Supreme Court of the United States upheld the constitutionality of ObamaCare — by only one vote, 5-4 — as being within the taxing power of the federal government.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) pointed out that there are no redeeming provisions of Obama's health care plan.[2] AAPS observes that Obama's health care plan will significantly increase the overall cost of health care for a majority of United States citizens, plus reduce the quality of care that a free market system would otherwise provide.[3]

ObamaCare is opposed by many state governors, including Florida Governor Rick Scott. He declared after the Supreme Court ruling, "I will not implement this law. Florida will not implement Obamacare." Scott encouraged other states to reject ObamaCare in three ways:
opt out of the expensive Medicaid provision in ObamaCare, which would incur massive costs in extending free care to those over the poverty line
refuse to set up a health-insurance exchange - "If there were any value added by these exchanges, the private sector would be doing it already," Governor Scott observed
repeal ObamaCare in Congress, which requires electing a Republican majority in the U.S. Senate
Thanks for clarifying, wanted to understand it too.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 3:25am On Oct 04, 2012
mbhs139: I hope we will have such a debate come 2015, when issues affecting the citizens will be discussed.

Not the one that NTA will organise one for the sitting president in his bedroom

Story story. What do Nigerian politicians know about the economy? The only thing they know is wardrobe allowance and security vote. They know nothing about the basics embarassed
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by ektbear: 3:26am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I've been seeing this and Im wondering if it's a new trend?

I'm not as "hip" as I used to be. Is cray the same thing as crazy?

Wow, I don old o.

It is from Watch the Throne, that album from last year. See this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cray
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by mbhs139(m): 3:27am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ That's a very biased viewpoint. I want a neutral one.

Obama Care is the unofficail name for The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which was signed into law on March 23, 2010. In a more general sense Obama Care and The Health Care for America Plan or any such name is a refernce to the ongoing health care reform under President Obama

ObamaCare / The Health Care For America Plan:

There are really only three things you need to know about President Barak Obama's Obama Care / Health Care For America Plan.

• Obama Care gaurentees that Health Care is available to any legal U.S. resident who cannot otherwise obtain "good" healthcare through their employer.

• Gives American Employers the choice between providing comparable insurance and paying a modest contribution to the ObamaCare Health Care system to aid in the Health Coverage of all Americans.

• Requires that all Americans have health insurance either through a private provider or by the Health Care for America Plan.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear:

It is from Watch the Throne, that album from last year. See this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cray

Oh ok.

Is it just me or does Romney now seem more prepared than Obama? sad
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 3:31am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Oh ok.

Is it just me or does Romney now seem more prepared than Obama? sad

It's not just you.

Obama was busy doing anniversary love while Romney was busy being coached and re-coached. cry
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 04, 2012
@mbhs139

"Good" is very subjective. Sounds sneaky.

Could you please elaborate on what obamacare means by "good"?
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Biggoozz: 3:33am On Oct 04, 2012
Hmmm.....better closing remark by Romney. I wish them both good luck smiley
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by ektbear: 3:34am On Oct 04, 2012
Well, so after that debate I'm going to donate some cash to Obama, help my boy out a bit. Didn't go the way I expected.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 04, 2012
nanidee:

It's not just you.

Obama was busy doing anniversary love while Romney was busy being coached and re-coached. cry

Esp the closing.

i was like "obama, get to the point" while Romney came down strong.

9% down on Obama
29% up on Romney
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by nanidee(f): 3:38am On Oct 04, 2012
Chei . . . I can feel Romney's grin from where I am. He must feel so proud with himself.
Re: Anyone Watching The Live Obama And Romney Presidenial Debate? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:39am On Oct 04, 2012
US Presidential Debate: Obama Vs Romney (Live)

(1) (2)

Was Princess Diana MURDERED By SAS? Metropolitan Police New Claim / More Than Feuds And Dramas, Nollywood Is A Mighty Economic Machine - CNN / President Trump Champions Religious Freedom, Instates These 20 Key Principles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.