Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (17979 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by whitecat007: 12:13am On Oct 06, 2012
Thank you Mods!!!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:53am On Oct 06, 2012
violent:

Iraq war can no longer be corrected. All the US can simply do is live with the consequences. All US troops are out of Iraq, but it is entirely unreasonable to expect the US to simply cut funding to this country, given that millions of people are still displaced and it is the responsibility of the United States to ensure that stability is fully restored to this country.

I don't see how that compares with spending huge amounts on cartoon shows. The value offered by this tv show does not justify the cost of running it. Most adults are better positioned to be more informative by spending at least 3 minutes each day on Google news than sitting in front of a kiddies channel...these are the kind of holes that the US should aim to shut if it is ever serious about trimming down its record deficit.

Where the hell did you get that from? There are still hundreds (conservative figures) of troops still in iraq today. And what about afghanistan we have thousands of troops there and obama plans to get them out by the end of next years if elected. (Mitt romney on the other hand we don't know about, since all he cares about is to stop the funding of a Tv channel than to face pressing issues like The war in afghanistan and Iraq.) It does compare, because this television channel does more for the public than those stup.id wars in iraq and afghanistan that has taking a whopping 3.7 trillion dollars and counting out of tax payers money.

You talk about how "adults are better positioned to be more informative by spending at least 3 minutes each day on google news" What about those adults who don't have internet or cable and all they can depend on are channels like PBS, what should they do?? Until Mitt Romney start talking about pressing issues and stop stalling with unnecessary issues like cutting fund for a TV channel, his plans will never make any sense to me.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by violent(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2012
^^

I don't quite understand you. If the US is already withdrawing its presence in those countries and cutting back on the cost to them....what more is there to be done in that regard?

Everyone hates the fact that US went to Iraq.... Afghanistan is Justified, but those were issues that already took place many years ago for which current and prospective administrations are making significant efforts to reduce both the presence of the United States and the funding provided, what else can they be doing better?

The kiddies tv show on the other hand is not a necessary cost....it is not saving the lives of US troops or US citizens...it is not reducing the cost to healthcare or other social amenities, it's simply an avenue for people to have fun, which the US (a country with high deficit) is being encouraged to fund!!...how ridiculous does that sound?

Going under the auspice that this provides an avenue for adults to become more informed is a bit unfounded. If people are too poor to afford an internet or TV subscriptions to news channels, why not just walk into a public library if you are that much thirsty for knowledge?

The more argument i hear for keeping this bird alive, the more ridiculous it sounds to me....nobody's life will become worse off if government's funding is pulled from this tv show, if the public are bent on keeping the show alive, then it shouldn't be difficult for the producers to find more sponsors.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by preselect(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
violent:

WHAT!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

You are kidding right?

0.0012% of the entire US budget?

Are Americans this stupivd?
Lol. It's worse than that. But guess what, it's not only Americans. You know Winston Churchill? Google him. This is what he said ' the biggest case against a democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter' lol cheesy. So it's not Americans alone. I believe >90% of voters vote with their heart and not their head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested / Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 / President Putin Blames U.S. For The Ongoing Violence In The Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.