Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (17823 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by livethinme: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I am not interested in Nigeria's rating, I am interested in the fact that we all sentimentally backed and prayed a Blackman should take seat in a WhiteHouse and our prayers worked. And we got excited. What did Obama do ? He hasnt visited Kenya, his root. He hasnt visited Nigeria, the ocean of the blackrace. For me, its a personal wish that he does not win. If he wins, I will wish him well.

ANYWAYS, you are one bitter person. He is the President of the United States of America, not the president of Black nation.
Also as president there are many more important countries than Nigeria. What is Nigeria in world politics? Nigeria has no influence..NADA.

What reason does he have to visit Kenya?
Could you imagine the Terminator as president saying..okay, im going to visit Austria because its my home nation. You think Americans would say, oh sure please use our tax dollars for a personal holiday? This isnt Nigeria oo
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

He hasn't lost touch, the office of the POTUS is a very busy one and it gets even busier when you sleep and dream of the economy and crisis in the middle east. You can start icing the champagne now cos Obama is winning for sure.
The POTUS was also busy, in fact America was fighting 2 wars when Bush launched PEPFAR and dedicated billions of dollars for ABC Aids Programme in Africa. POTUS or no POTUS, he lost my trust, my faith and my personal love, and for me, that means a lot to him.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by livethinme: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: Betrayal, Yes, Betrayal of my trust, hope and sensitivity. Obama doesnt care about Africa, the Black race and my COuntry. He doesnt simply care. Bush did a lot for Africa, and what did Obama do ? The answer is 'Nothing'.

..And you think that Mitt Romney will care for Nigeria?
What did Bush do for Africa?
So basically Obama has lost your trust because he didnt travel to Africa and kiss black ass eh?
Which is wrong btw, since he travelled to Ghana I believe and called Ghana a model for democracy in Africa..maybe youre just jealous because of that
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
Obama got owned, like big time,even his jokes fell flat,poor POTUS
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx:

And who runs Obama??

Democrats and Republicans - two sides to the same coin..
ITS ALL A FARCE. SMOKES AND MIRRORS. TO GIVE THE PLEBEIANS AND WEAK MINDED, AN ILLUSION OF DEMOCRAZY
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
livethinme:

ANYWAYS, you are one bitter person. He is the President of the United States of America, not the president of Black nation.
Also as president there are many more important countries than Nigeria. What is Nigeria in world politics? Nigeria has no influence..NADA.

What reason does he have to visit Kenya?
Could you imagine the Terminator as president saying..okay, im going to visit Austria because its my home nation. You think Americans would say, oh sure please use our tax dollars for a personal holiday? This isnt Nigeria oo
I know He is President of USA, but why is this News on Front Page ? Its because, the modes wanted it discussed. But young man, are you too young to handle diverse opinions, I wanna convince you that my love for Obama was sentimental, racial, and African. And my dislike for him at this moment is because he didnt reciprocate the love that Africa showed him, he rode on our collective sentiments, of history of African slavery and black pity to win White House. He didnt win because he was better than all. He won cos the world needed to see a blackman, you can quote me wrong, but I sure have a lot of people who will agree with me. Yesterday, ROMNEY WON, and I hope ROMNEY wins the election. Its my personal wish. But if Obama wins the election, I will buy a Champagne for my dogs.

5 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by size38: 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
I think Obama won because he was specific and straight to the point. While Rommy was painting an elaborate picture without being specific
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
livethinme:

..And you think that Mitt Romney will care for Nigeria?
What did Bush do for Africa?
So basically Obama has lost your trust because he didnt travel to Africa and kiss black ass eh?
Which is wrong btw, since he travelled to Ghana I believe and called Ghana a model for democracy in Africa..maybe youre just jealous because of that
You talk jealousy, I talk sentiments. You should know the difference between those 2 words. I say, Obama doesnt care enough, cos we dont matter. At least we agree on that. But WHY should I also care or even pray that he wins again. Should I wish him well, when in essence Romney won the debate ? Hell No. I wish he loses and I know this is painful to many of you who still love to see a black man is a WhiteHouse.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by karpentar: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Romney won, unfortunately.

why unfortunately?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Kslib(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
Oshiomole won the debate hands down...

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by KayDee4: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I wanna convince you that my love for Obama was sentimental, racial, and African. And my dislike for him at this moment is because he didnt reciprocate the love that Africa showed him, he rode on our collective sentiments, of history of African slavery and black pity to win White House. He didnt win because he was better than all. He won cos the world needed to see a blackman, you can quote me wrong, but I sure have a lot of people who will agree with me.

Okay, now I see where you're coming from.
For a lot of other people, their love for him was not just sentimental, it was based on what he would do to give them a better life or at least give them a shot at it. Romney has already condemned people who can't get a head start in life. The differences in their policies are clear (except that Romney was trying to create some artificial overlap just ystdy).
Romney is bad news for middle class families and other lower income earners (98% of Americans).
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mitt Romney won the debate hands-down!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by stepo707: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrwUU_YApE
you can watch here.Romney did way better.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Cupidkc(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Repeat broadcast is by 9pm. I wont miss that.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by SisiKill1: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
Poor Obama. . .dude was just flapping like wet bird! embarassed

I think he believed so much in his own press, he thought Romney will be easy to beat so he didn't come prepared. Then again how do you prepare stretched truths and lies? I dunno! I dunno! I dunno! undecided
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by DrGboy(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
If obama wins d election, expect d obamacare policy in full swing. RFID CHIPS (666) compulsory 4 all american citizens come march 2013. Trust me GEJ will also buy d idea,then we are in for trouble.sadsadsad
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
dammytosh: Romney Won.

Obama was clearly on the defensive line and looked very tired. I am sure he will change strategy during the next debate.
The candidates or the political party seeking for re-election are always on the defensive line, sometimes it pays when you do that and don't even look at the opponent't face, remembered the 2007 presedential election in France when Nicolas Sarkozy acted the same way against Ségolène Royal, it worked very well for him, i think in Obama's case, this is a huge strategie.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Meridian(f): 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Obama seemed to stare repeatedly at the floor when challenger Romney began to give his answers. The world's most powerful communicator appeared to be oddly speechless on the biggest stage the election campaign has to offer -- a debate in front of 50 million TV viewers in the United States and 200 million around the world. Obama came across like a man who would rather have been watching basketball on TV at the White House or even authorizing new drone attacks. "Did the president send out his body double tonight?" wondered Time magazine
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by farydah: 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Sadly, Romney
If na Naija, i for don dey suspect Romney of juju...lolzzz
As in, Obama seemed too outta character
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Kslib(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
If obama wins d election, expect d obamacare policy in full swing. RFID CHIPS (666) compulsory 4 all american citizens come march 2013. Trust me GEJ will also buy d idea,then we are in for trouble.sadsadsad
If the 666 health care bill is fulfiling one of the prophecies in bible,then i can bet my life that obama must win even if only one person voted for him....
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by KayDee4: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
Meridian: Obama seemed to stare repeatedly at the floor when challenger Romney began to give his answers.

Lol !! he was taking notes. But the guy still dull me sha, I expected him to bloody Romney's nose last night. grin
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kslib:
If the 666 health care bill is fulfiling one of the prophecies in bible,then i can bet my life that obama must win even if only one person voted for him....
Another fish brain here, grin grin grin which of the bible are you reading?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by vanstanzy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman. Its permanent interests for me, am not interested in race, culture or sentiments. Am all for interest.

See this hypocrite, does visiting Nigeria hold water at all? Besides is the man ur president or is he ur blood brother? I cant believe u just spoke like this shocked shocked shocked. Face it, Obama doesnt know u exist and ur selfish opinion wont count either. angry
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by SisiKill1: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wait. . .did someone just say Obama didn't "Reciprocate love to Africa"?!!

Why should Obama do that? Is he the President of Africa?!

Why do you have any expectation from Obama? Did you electe Obama?!

You have not "disliked" the person you actually ELECTED to take care of business for you and has done absolutely nothing.

You have not disliked the person who rode on the of the "poor boy without shoes done good" sentiments, only to get there and make many people shoeless.

No oh, you haven't disliked that one. . .It is Obama who, no matter how the citizens of his country feel about him, they can't deny their condition is a thousand times better than yours. . .you are "disliking"

Boy! Talk about your SCREWED Priority! undecided

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Kslib(m): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
Freiburger:
Another fish brain here, grin grin grin which of the bible are you reading?
You dull pass ice-fish... I said 'if',or did you miss it.. Why didn't you use your so-called computer brain to understand my post?..
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Wait. . .did someone just say Obama didn't "Reciprocate love to Africa"?!!

Why should Obama do that? Is he the President of Africa?!

Why do you have any expectation from Obama? Did you elected Obama?!

You have not "disliked" the person you actually ELECTED to take care of business for you and has done absolutely nothing.

You have not disliked the person who rode on the of the "poor boy without shoes done good" sentiments, only to get there and make many people shoeless.

No oh, you haven't disliked that one. . .It is Obama who, no matter how the citizens of his country feel about him, they can't deny their condition is a thousand times better than yours. . .you are "disliking"

Boy! Talk about your SCREWED Priority! undecided
KOOL-AID
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by killuminati(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman. Its permanent interests for me, am not interested in race, culture or sentiments. Am all for interest.
bros I'm with you on this one. HTF will obama enters the jungle without visiting the lion?
I will even tell my yankee babe not vote for that barack boy in the election cool

But mr romney abi na wetin be ur name, abeg tek it easy on em aliens na undecided
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
Today on Yahoo News: "Even on the most basic political points", Jeff Greenfield says, 'Obama seemed clueless'. Up Romney!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Sircuba: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
I taught u said ABUBAKAR SHEKAU won d debate yesterday...wc one b dis again?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by TayoD1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
On the View a fortnight ago, Obama claimed he was the eye candy. On the debate floor yesterday night, he was more of an eye sore. He was a man flustered by the confrontation of facts and the reality of his failed policies. People around him have not done him a lot of good by shielding him from the truth. Perhaps, its because of his demeanour when confronted with same. That much was evident last night.

4 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
Tayo-D:
On the View a fortnight ago, Obama claimed he was the eye candy. On the debate floor yesterday night, he was more of an eye sore. He was a man flustered by the confrontation of facts and the reality of his failed policies. People around him have not done him a lot of good by shielding him from the truth. Perhaps, its because of his demeanour when confronted with same. That much was evident last night.
Can we share an e-champagne ?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Blueboy0402: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
ballabriggs:

Rate this brain

0.000000001%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist / BA Plane U-turns From Tel Aviv After Flights Are Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.