Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online (22962 Views)

Man Jailed 5 Years For Setting Pregnant Woman Ablaze; Photo / Blogger Sentenced To 1,000 Lashes For Insulting Islam (SEE PHOTO) / Former Imo State Governor's Daughter Jailed And Deported From The USA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by bola4dprec(m): 7:41am On Oct 06, 2012
Do not be sexually involved with your
close relatives
mother or step-mother
sister, step-sister, or sister-in-law
aunts (biological or through
marriage)
granddaughter
daughter-in-law
Do not be sexually involved with a
woman as well as her daughter
ritually unclean woman
neighbour's wife
Do not pass your seed/children
through the fire to moloch
man as you would with a woman
beast all these are the rules of bible not qur'an
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by mu2sa2: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2012
slimming: That is the consequence of living under the law of men, it punishes for sin and have no provision for repentance.

Thank Jesus for the provision of grace
I can see the religious slant of your post. But you are living under the law of men. Every country in d world punishes violators of its laws and Saudi Arabia is not an exception.U talk about sin and repentance, fine, where in d world do u raise that as excuse for a crime. In fact the man is lucky that he is being offered an opportunity for reformation - hopefully he will overcome his negative tendencies soon. Mark u even here in Nigeria attempt to commit an offence is punishable as if u hav committed d offence. Do not be blinded by prejudice and bias, the Saudi judicial system is by far more humane than ours where d law and its application, riddled with indescribable corruption, is for sale. The lashing is not meant to inflict pain, but to shame d convict - that is why it is governed by very strict and elaborate rules, and punishment of lashing is restricted to a few offences considered morally despicable and socially corrupting.Gay and lesbianism hav no place in an Islamic country.
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2012
gramci: A Saudi court sentenced a man to five years in prison and ordered him lashed 600 times after he was caught offering hisbody on Facebook.
The Gulf Kingdom’s religious police seizedthe man in the eastern town of Dammam after receiving a tip off from a Saudi man in the same city.
Members of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice arrested the man after raiding his address mentioned on his Facebook page.
A local news agency, Sabq reported that the man, believed to be in his 30s, was arrested after a Saudi national alerted authorities about the posting of “an indecent proposal to offer himself for sexual acts” on a Facebook account. The man admitted that he had made the sex proposal via Facebook.
Comments online were unanimous about the “need to punish the man for going public with his vices.”
“I cannot believe that he has done this and he is supposed to be a mature personin his 30s,” Amer wrote.
Om Muhannad wrote of how shocked she was by his proposal.
“I have always had concerns about teenagers, and now I read about a man inhis 30s getting into such acts,” she wrote.
However, Abu Khalid wasn’t quick to condemn the man as he believes the manneeds help.
“It is a serious issue and the man needs help. Let us pray that he overcomes his condition. It is very wrong to condemn him. We have to be careful because someone in the family could also be afflicted one day,” he wrote.
Mohammad Abu Adel said that people should not be quick to condemn the man.
“He may have mental or psychological issues. Do you seriously think that someone with a sane mind would do this?Please do watch what you post,” he commented on the news site.
Saudi Arabia, bans deviant sexual behaviour and its courts punishes it with corporal sentences. Whether the man needs help or not, he will serve the complete duration of his sentence and get his lashes.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/10/man-jailed-and-given-600-lashes-for.html

if human beings can not fear God the creator of all things , may be they will fear humans AND RELIGIOUS LAWS

DO NOT STEAL , THEY ARE STEALING,
SEX IS FOR MARRIED CUOPLES BUT PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO IT IMORAL WAY ( FORNICATON AND ADULTERY)

AND MANY MORE

FEAR AND SERVE GOD SO THAT YOU BECOME MORE RESPONSIBLE AND AVOID HUMAN EMBARASMMENT AND MOLESTING, DEVIL IS WICKED, HE GIVES YOU WITH ONE HAnd AND COLLECTS WITH THE OTHER

GOD IS LOVE, HE LOVES YOU, THAT IS WHY IF YOU FOLLOW HIS PRECEPT YOU WILL HAVE PEACE IN ALL YOU DO
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
mu2sa2: I can see the religious slant of your post. But you are living under the law of men. Every country in d world punishes violators of its laws and Saudi Arabia is not an exception.U talk about sin and repentance, fine, where in d world do u raise that as excuse for a crime. In fact the man is lucky that he is being offered an opportunity for reformation - hopefully he will overcome his negative tendencies soon. Mark u even here in Nigeria attempt to commit an offence is punishable as if u hav committed d offence. Do not be blinded by prejudice and bias, the Saudi judicial system is by far more humane than ours where d law and its application, riddled with indescribable corruption, is for sale. The lashing is not meant to inflict pain, but to shame d convict - that is why it is governed by very strict and elaborate rules, and punishment of lashing is restricted to a few offences considered morally despicable and socially corrupting.Gay and lesbianism hav no place in an Islamic country.
Yet would terrorism and sponsors of insurgents have places in Islamic countries? You speak as if the leaders in Islamic countries don't go scott-free in their various countries for committing crime against humanity. You are very myopic about what morality really stands for.
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by princenat(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
slimming: That is the consequence of living under the law of men, it punishes for sin and have no provision for repentance.

I TAYA O, AMEN SHAA.
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by adaKB: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2012
Was he offering himself to Men or Women, because if he was offering himself to Women then Saudi should come and flog me too, infact right now I'm offering myself to any fine naija chick out there who enjoys her gbola well
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2012
megxo: IF CHARLIE BOI WAS IN SAUDI, DEM 4 DON FLOG AM TO DEATH BEDAT NA gringringringringringringrin
omo i lyk saudi lyk die
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by micki83(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2012
What d Bleep is wrong with some people? Some nairalanders never cease to astound me!where d Bleep does it state that the man is gay or offered himself to men,and not women on facebook?na wah o! That u guys wuld automatically jump to that conclusion after readin d article,begs d question: what hav u bin thinking constantly of? What preocuppies ur minds wen u're alone,behind closed doors in d dark?
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by ozoemeka(m): 5:19am On Jun 26, 2013
gramci: A Saudi court sentenced a man to five years in prison and ordered him lashed 600 times after he was caught offering hisbody on Facebook.
The Gulf Kingdom’s religious police seizedthe man in the eastern town of Dammam after receiving a tip off from a Saudi man in the same city.
Members of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice arrested the man after raiding his address mentioned on his Facebook page.
A local news agency, Sabq reported that the man, believed to be in his 30s, was arrested after a Saudi national alerted authorities about the posting of “an indecent proposal to offer himself for sexual acts” on a Facebook account. The man admitted that he had made the sex proposal via Facebook.
Comments online were unanimous about the “need to punish the man for going public with his vices.”
“I cannot believe that he has done this and he is supposed to be a mature personin his 30s,” Amer wrote.
Om Muhannad wrote of how shocked she was by his proposal.
“I have always had concerns about teenagers, and now I read about a man inhis 30s getting into such acts,” she wrote.
However, Abu Khalid wasn’t quick to condemn the man as he believes the manneeds help.
“It is a serious issue and the man needs help. Let us pray that he overcomes his condition. It is very wrong to condemn him. We have to be careful because someone in the family could also be afflicted one day,” he wrote.
Mohammad Abu Adel said that people should not be quick to condemn the man.
“He may have mental or psychological issues. Do you seriously think that someone with a sane mind would do this?Please do watch what you post,” he commented on the news site.
Saudi Arabia, bans deviant sexual behaviour and its courts punishes it with corporal sentences. Whether the man needs help or not, he will serve the complete duration of his sentence and get his lashes.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/10/man-jailed-and-given-600-lashes-for.html

And I thought Nigerians were backward
Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2013

that allows you to SIN (again and again and again and again and again etcetera).. with 81 likes you can imagine how many sinners go unpunished.. what a life grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed And Given 600 Lashes For Offering Himself Online by Matican: 12:15am On Jan 03, 2015
amosy007:

no one is blaming the punishment, we are only questioning what brought abt such punishment.. What kinda stupid culture, law, or religion warrants such punishment 4 posting unclad picture online.. Aint that absolute slavery in 21st century?

As far as judicial matters go, in Saudi Arabia, they are a theocracy, . Their Law is God's law according to Muslims' take on what God's law is. Muslims are slaves of God. And it takes a critical mind to appreciate what a beautiful slavery that is! For your education, read up about Islam with an unbiased, open, democratic -if you like- and critical mind. An attitude of lazy naivete and uncritical acceptance of lopsided anecdotes on Islam peddled by those who make business of information (i mean some religious leaders & the media who tell you what you would pay for and hide the bitter truths) only breeds intolerance and unprovoked outbursts and blasphemous harangues which are symptomatic of an encyclopaedic emptiness. I understand that you should be wary of what you don't fully comprehend. I also hope that you are at least curious about Islam. Just that I fear that your laziness gets in the way.

Peace unto those who seek true guidance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Policemen Sacked For Recklessly Shooting At Youths In Lagos. Photo / Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge / Customs Officer Commits Suicide In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.